City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2010/11

Re: City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2010/11

Like the Stig in Top Gear, will there be a court ruling to reveal the identity of Merlot?

Howdy all,

Hows everyone looking for the upcoming season?

Pretty much same line up for the Centrals with a few new faces, some returning/ few new recruits.. I am once again fearless leader of our mighty 2s looking to take the step up after a D' premiership last season-

anyone got a clue as to how the 20/20 will work... Good idea by the CMCA to cash in on the new wave of cricket, great way to introduce new players to your club I reckon..its got me a few mates that have always promised to play but didnt want to give up summer saturdays- ease them in via a hit & giggle on a week night.

dont for get thecricketsale
has kicked off this weekend, was in there yesterday, losts of bargains across the cricket spectrum to be had!! thurs-sun 10am-5pm for the next few weekends.

not fussed by Merl there Sug, I have banned him until he can be man enough to own up to his dribble!!

PS- for all those punters out there get on the "Kav train this spring..:cool:

Burg - speak to your secretary. They should have all the info on the format & rules of the T20 comp. If not, I can fwd you a copy.

Are you gonna have a hit against our boys in the praccy match? Goldy wanted this weekend, but our boys would prefer Sunday after the AFL GF. Waiting to hear back from him today to sus it out.

You sure big Kav can deliver again?

Well since no one has had a crack yet. I thought I would throw out my ladder for this year!

Hard to go past Uniting, now that they have Jarryd Allan to keep as well. The question for Uniting is how to keep all the kids interested in playing lower grades already hearing rumors about a few boys not enjoying themselves.

Bentleigh Uniting
ESBC
Mackie
Brighton Union

West Bentleigh
Elwood
Omega
Bentleigh ANA
Carnegie South
Le Page Park
Hampton Central
Kingston Heath

Cricket man though i commend you on your efforts to get on here and make predictions which is what the site needs undoubtedly some points of discussion.

But if your going to come on here before the season has started and suggest after 4 net sessions that there is a group of disgruntled players all ready.............please make something more believable.

To suggest that any club at this point after a small handful of sessions have some disgruntled players is a joke, not one ball has been bowled in the season thus far, no sides have been selected, no performances have been put forward so if there are any disgruntled players..........well maybe said players need to get to training work harder and prove themselves worthy!

Brett, Whats the situation with Jim Coles? With his mate and former 1s keeper Stevens moving to West are you likely to lose him to WB or Omega?

That flog from WB has been sniffing around the Bentleigh Football Club and as managed to knick a few unwanted 5ths cricketers from ANA, while Omega picked up possibly one of the most overrated cricketers in the CMCA from ANA also.

Thoughts Sugar?

From what I here, the rest of the club is primed that the "deadwood" has been removed?

Who's the overrated cricketer you speak of O.G? I heard on the weekend that a well performed beach cricketer is back in the CMCA this season on the Highway. My sources also tell me they rate him an 8.5 out of 10. Speaking of the Hoops, apparently a supposed loud mouth was on the move to WB, but that rumour has since been quashed.

Anyone care to elaborate on Jarryd Allan? Never heard of him before now.

As for ladders, I think cricketman isn't far off the mark. I'll group them in 5, 4 & 3 in no particular order.

Finals candidates:
ESBC
Uniting
Union
Mackie
WB

Safe Zone:
Elwood
Omega
ANA
Le Page

Relegation Battle:
Kingston
Centrals
Carnegie Sth

Uncle Mick;408218 said:
Who's the overrated cricketer you speak of O.G? I heard on the weekend that a well performed beach cricketer is back in the CMCA this season on the Highway. My sources also tell me they rate him an 8.5 out of 10. Speaking of the Hoops, apparently a supposed loud mouth was on the move to WB, but that rumour has since been quashed.

Anyone care to elaborate on Jarryd Allan? Never heard of him before now.

As for ladders, I think cricketman isn't far off the mark. I'll group them in 5, 4 & 3 in no particular order.

Finals candidates:
ESBC
Uniting
Union
Mackie
WB

Safe Zone:
Elwood
Omega
ANA
Le Page

Relegation Battle:
Kingston
Centrals
Carnegie Sth

If Sugar could confirm, but I believe the ANA have let Luke Forrest go.

O.G. true that ANA is cleaning out it's rookie list... a la Michael Newton & John Meesen.

cricketman1919;408206 said:
Well since no one has had a crack yet. I thought I would throw out my ladder for this year!

Hard to go past Uniting, now that they have Jarryd Allan to keep as well. The question for Uniting is how to keep all the kids interested in playing lower grades already hearing rumors about a few boys not enjoying themselves.

Bentleigh Uniting
ESBC
Mackie
Brighton Union

West Bentleigh
Elwood
Omega
Bentleigh ANA
Carnegie South
Le Page Park
Hampton Central
Kingston Heath

I seem to remember that for the majority of last season we were derided and were more than firm favourites to go down. Reading some of the posts, you'd believe that we had no right to be in the same comp as the big guns. Even though its park cricket and the majority of our team were 19 and under.

We continued to plug away, won a couple of games and stayed up. Yet again I see that we're going down. Hopefully we'll be able to prove the pessimists wrong again.

The good thing about opinions is that everyone has one, no matter how much or little you know.

Settle, Leeroy! If you notice in my post I've labelled Carnegie Sth as the early favourite for the drop. There's been steady improvement out at the Heath, but it's hard to see them being a serious competitor just yet with the current playing stocks. I'm more than happy to be proven wrong, but for now I think the best result for your club is to consolidate in Longmuir. Another year of experience will do wonders for the young group.

Uncle Mick;408242 said:
Settle, Leeroy! If you notice in my post I've labelled Carnegie Sth as the early favourite for the drop. There's been steady improvement out at the Heath, but it's hard to see them being a serious competitor just yet with the current playing stocks. I'm more than happy to be proven wrong, but for now I think the best result for your club is to consolidate in Longmuir. Another year of experience will do wonders for the young group.

Hey Mick.
It's not directed at you at all. You were one of the minority who actually know about us. I'm not saying that we'll be one of the contenders, just that it's the easy option to single us out. We weren't even 2nd last at the end of the season.

I agree that the best result for us would be to consolidate.

The rumour mill has been running hot over the last couple of days so I thought I would add more fuel to the fire.

I heard a whisper that Mackie may have secured the services of one of their former star junior players. Apparently the player has been coaxed back to his former club, although due to footballing commitments he may not have been yet been sighted at the club as yet.

Not sure if the player in question will add much mobility in the field but could be a handy pick up to support a few of the other good bats down there.

Anyone from Mackie care to confirm or deny the rumours on here?

Don't worry Leroy every year we get labelled as the easy beats, and every year we finish above teams that are meant to be potential finals contenders.

Brudes;408337 said:
Don't worry Leroy every year we get labelled as the easy beats, and every year we finish above teams that are meant to be potential finals contenders.

Hey Big Man.
It's amazing that we're even allowed to play in the same comp.

golf;408400 said:
Hey Big Man.
It's amazing that we're even allowed to play in the same comp.

Get the chips off your shoulders boys, proof is in the pudding ie.out on the park. You sound like a couple of Kiwi's!!!

Jimmy Olson;408405 said:
Get the chips off your shoulders boys, proof is in the pudding ie.out on the park. You sound like a couple of Kiwi's!!!

No chips here bunter. Just calling it as I see it. Why can't I express an opinion when everyone else can express one about the Heath?

I know that we have to improve our on field performance, that's bleeding obvious. What I was saying is that last year we were hammered on here just for having the temerity to be playing Longmuir by those who wouldn't have the foggiest idea about us. I suggest to those who like to sprout their views to get some credible info. At least Sugar and Mick had played against us and could temper their views with some knowledge.

What does everyone think about the new 3 strike policy? Also the changes to G Grade and below?

What is the 3 strike policy and what are the changes below F Grade? I heard they were considering changing the length of the game in the lower grades. Understand the logic, but not particularly keen on the idea - although it'll probably work in our favour and keep a few of our lower grade cricketers interested.

Back