City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2010/11

Fair call. The whole point of a website is to promote yourselves. Whilst singing the club song after a Rd.1 win is a little overzealous, it's easy to see why with the tumultuous season they had prior. Not to mention a bit of shit was flung their way. Good luck to them. Looking fwd to testing ourselves against them in the New Year.

Bloody hell Clocker what are you the fun police? It seems no one is allowed to enjoy their success without being labelled. For mine WP were simply posting some good news on their website about a positive start to the season. This is hardly ‘crowing’. Let them enjoy it and if you are offended by the content of the web page then don’t read it.

My tips for Round 3

Longmuir:
Mackie
Bent Uniting
Elwood
Brighton Union
E.S.B.C.
Carnegie South

Woolnough:
E.S.B.C.
Bentleigh Uniting
Moorabbin West
Chelsea Hts
Highett West
Washington Park

Merlot I'm still owed 1 correct tip to my score from Rd 1. I tipped 7 but you have still only got me down for 6. Might nake a difference in the long run? Vinnie only knocked me off by 1 last year!! Thanks

Apologies Jammo

Merl has now increased you to 15 points a few lengths behind the club house leader ( oops I might get into strife for crowing )

Quite a bit of quality in the previews and reviews but where is the child at least he let his bat do some of the talking last saturday!!

until next time....keep searching...vino sipping poster...Prof Merlot

Omega v Mackie
Bentleigh ANA v Bentleigh Uniting
Hampton Central v Elwood
Kingston Heath v Brighton Union
West Bentleigh v East Sandy
Carnegie South v Le Page Park

Woolnough:

East Sandringham Boys Club v Cluden
Bentleigh Uniting v Bentleigh ANA
Moorabbin West v Omega
Brighton Union v Chelsea Heights
Hampton United v Highett West
Aspendale - Edithvale RSL v Washington Park

LONGMUIR

Mackie
Bentleigh Uniting
Hampton Central
Brighton Union
East Sandy
Le Page Park

WOOLNOUGH

East Sandy
Uniting
Moor West
Chelsea Heights
Highett W
Wash Ups

Nothing wrong with the Washups getting excited after a good day... makes up for the terrible atmosphere the clubrooms must have had last season. I'm pretty sure they'll be more balanced in preparation for the business end. Their commitment pre season was impressive, with strong numbers for a club in Woolnough on a mission.

Anyway, the latest edition of the Bentleigh ANA Cricket Show is uploaded and viewable on www.bentleighana.com

Bloody hell Clocker what are you the fun police? It seems no one is allowed to enjoy their success without being labelled. For mine WP were simply posting some good news on their website about a positive start to the season. This is hardly ‘crowing’. Let them enjoy it and if you are offended by the content of the web page then don’t read it.

Chooka,
Fun police? Love it. Great to see they are actually using their website.It went into hibernation after Round 1 last season.I suppose there was nothing to crow about??

G'day all.
My tips for this week are:
Uniting.
Elwood.
Us.
East Sandy.
Le page.
Mackie.

Wooly:
East Sandy
Uniting
M. West.
Heights.
H. West.
Wash Park.

I would also like to congratulate one of our young guns who has gone to try and play at a higher level of cricket. Josh Manning made his first senior hundred for St. Kilda 3rds on the weekend. A top effort from a young man going places.

Chooka.
Couldn't have said it any better! Exactly what I was saying!
Seems the likes of Unc. Mick, Sugar, JohnD ....... can see the positives in getting some enthusiasm back into a club that took a bit of stick last year, not forgetting our 2nds played off in the Quiney GF, and 4ths a Semi.
Build that bridge Clocker, and as they say ...... or does the rest of the forum need to tell you this also :rolleyes:
I'm over it, the club's over it - I think it's about time you get over it, and stop living in the past.

I'm looking forward to the commencement of 2 day games as much as anyone, but it looks like the weather may intervene again this Saturday.

I wonder if the CMCA will be as brave this week as they were two weeks ago with their early call.

Golf, so u know mannings 100 was in a practice match vs mgs 1st xi. A school team

Im looking forward to see how shagga and biggs go playing head to head this week. Up to 8 former saints boys may be on show.
Will be interesting to see what is said between the two former team mates. the other question is will backman come into the side, surely he will??? Everyone thinks this game is gonna be very one sided but I think u will find biggs' young pups will be up for this game. And I think will put on a fairly good showing. Knowing biggsie very well as a formr team mate at st kilda and seeing him sunday at our 2nds game he seemed very excited for this clash.

Just my thoughts..

Longy
Mackie
Bentleigh Uniting
Elwood
Brighton Union
East Sandy
Carnegie South

Wooly
East Sandy
Bentleigh Uniting
Moorabbin West
Chelsea Heights
Highett West
Washington Park

Clock, copping a bit of flack over Shark bashing, but as always good to see you not taking a backward step.
Jogitin, playing Clint Eastwood to Clocks Richard Burton in Where Eagles Dare stomping on young Manning's ton like that. It is a good hump for the boy to get over.
Has Brett been silenced and told to keep a low profile by the new heirarchy?
Peter Parker, do not expect an early call of games this week, if there's gonna be play, it's in the CMCA!!!
Merl, a full inquest into Trigger's outlandish statements this Sunday, legal action from UM pending. As for his umpiring, can't help there!!!

Omega v Mackie
Bentleigh ANA v Bentleigh Uniting
Hampton Central v Elwood
Kingston Heath v Brighton Union
West Bentleigh v East Sandy
Carnegie South v Le Page Park

Woolnough:

East Sandringham Boys Club v Cluden
Bentleigh Uniting v Bentleigh ANA
Moorabbin West v Omega
Brighton Union v Chelsea Heights
Hampton United v Highett West
Aspendale - Edithvale RSL v Washington Park

Clock, copping a bit of flack over Shark bashing, but as always good to see you not taking a backward step.
Jogitin, playing Clint Eastwood to Clocks Richard Burton in Where Eagles Dare stomping on young Manning's ton like that. It is a good hump for the boy to get over.
Peter Parker, do not expect an early call of games this week, if there's gonna be play, it's in the CMCA!!!
Merl, a full inquest into Trigger's outlandish statements this Sunday, legal action from UM pending. As for his umpiring, can't help there!!![/quote]

Rightfully so Jimmy, Clock is out of line this time.
I am starting to agree Jimmy about Ernst been silenced by the Brady rd Billionaires.
CMCA will play this week just you wait and see!

Merl, a full inquest into Trigger's outlandish statements this Sunday, legal action from UM pending. As for his umpiring, can't help there!!!

Rumour floating around is that the Pup has been told to keep off bigcricket.

No legal action required either, Bunt. The old fossil obviously got his wires crossed at Omega on Saturday when we spoke. I drove straight up to the Gold Coast immediately after our game had finished for our wedding which is happening up here on Cup Eve. Not sure how Sydney came about, but my guess is he thought we might've been stopping on the way through.

Golf, so u know mannings 100 was in a practice match vs mgs 1st xi. A school team

Im looking forward to see how shagga and biggs go playing head to head this week. Up to 8 former saints boys may be on show.
Will be interesting to see what is said between the two former team mates. the other question is will backman come into the side, surely he will??? Everyone thinks this game is gonna be very one sided but I think u will find biggs' young pups will be up for this game. And I think will put on a fairly good showing. Knowing biggsie very well as a formr team mate at st kilda and seeing him sunday at our 2nds game he seemed very excited for this clash.

Just my thoughts..

Just watch out Clint (Eastwood) the politically correct are out and about so be careful.With respect to Backman & Brisbane that is an interesting one. Who gets the boot assuming there are no injuries or unavailable players? Since Brisbane actually played in the first Longy game he may be slightly ahead in the pecking order.It will also be interesting to see whether Mr L decides to roll the arm if William Biggs gets amongst them early. Chooka may care to elaborate further assuming he has not been muzzled as well. By the way, the DVD of Washingtons 'crushing' win will be available from their club on Monday morning.Special behind the scenes footage also available including commentary and the song.Geez there I go again.That's it, I will impose a one week suspension upon myself before Spongebob and his Green mates run off to the Executive. Come back Brett, don't let anyone control your views as we do live in a Democracy of sorts.We all have our views and we will disagree, but when people start dictating what you can and can't say then we are no better than the totalitarianist regimes that permeate our pathetic world. We can always agree to disagree.:D

Jimmy, I'm sure you have incontrovertible sources, but The Daily Bugle anticipates Saturday as Ordinary Conditions in every sense.

The only sure bet - it's going to be wet.

Superb riposte Parker, complete with little rhyme.

Relieved Uncle Mick, not too much cabbage in the 88.3 coffers!!!

Back