City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2010/11

Ordinary Bloke, no need to get defensive with cheap commentary... I'll always back Horace as he's got more ticker than most people. What's surprising is if you've got 6 blokes 23 or under in your side, where are the other senior blokes guiding the kids? Omega's a strong club, which is why comments such as these are made.

Uncle Mick, what are you doing on Big Cricket if it's your wedding day?

Nice one Clocker, at least it's an amusing read for a Friday arvo. All fun at the end of the day....
Will make sure I express post the first DVD to you - or do you want me to rip it to YouTube so you can watch it on repeat! ;)
Hope my 'green' mates are feeling better by game time too....
Have fun, and tipping one-dayer next week!

C'mon spongebob, you know that Sugar and the Judge(good name for a show) own Youtube, you need to be original.I am thoroughly enjoying listening to the Judge's refreshing opinions and not taking the politically correct view of the world.I am sure a few players from the vilified clubs will be looking forward to crossing paths with him after Xmas.It is all good except the weather.

In fencing, the riposte (French for retort) is an offensive action with the intent of hitting one's opponent, made by the fencer who has just parried an attack.
In everyday language, a riposte is synonymous with a retort and describes a quick and witty reply to an argument or an insult.

The word must have come from a memory of my Monbulk High School education Merl where the favoured sports were fencing, unicycling, european handball and hockey (many Dutch teachers up there) rather than traditional sports like football & cricket.

Jimmy,​
Given the earlish nature (for a sundee) of the radio show, any chance of getting it podcast?​

Army, working on this, have been since last year and hope to have up and running before Xmas, not sure 11ish is early though.​

Burgs, depending on date (have a heavy schedule), will be there as have heard that the HC is a superbly run event and want to see the triple B (Bad Beat Burger) in action. Did you have time on Saturday to open your season account mate?​

Homer J,

Its on Sat 13th Nov @ the Rooms from 6pm (Happy hour & some tucker to kick the night off) cards will be 'In the Air' around 7:30 i would think.. if anyone interested in entering can they try be there by 7pm to register..

Any further info please send me PM.. All welcome

At least Merlot & Clocker get it... we aren't too fussed about many other opinions. Let's be honest, it's all a bit of fun, and we aren't AFL clubs toeing any company line for the sake of sanitisation and sponsor values.

LONGMUIR

Mackie
Bentleigh ANA
Hampton Central
Brighton Union
East Sandringham
Le Page Park

WOOLNOUGH

Omega
Bentleigh ANA
Hampton Central
Brighton Union
East Sandringham
Carnegie South

Evening All,

Merl hit the wrong button and lost his post this morning anyway I will have another go.

Uncle Mick

No UM no Highett West as the pathetic purple and golds gave you a touch up.I hope the wedding ( if I have it right this time ) went well and you will be back with the left arm slingers for the two dayers.

Adam

The techno wizard that I know you are must have hit the cut and paste button twice as your Longy and Wooly tips are the same!Please advise exactly what you meant as I have provisionally given you the tips I thought you wanted.

Barrack and Hiliary still treat us with contempt with no scores in the dailies and Jimmy don't you start defending both their pathetic efforts and also the slack clubs who obviously don't even try to get the scores in on time.Better bring back Condeleza from Willy by the bay as he/she never had any trouble getting the scores into the consolidated press!!

An interesting round with most of the favourites saluting with the exception of the mustard pots who upset Merl's former very own beach boys ans have announced their re arrival in longy with successive wins.No idea if Buddy's no one fan got any runs and given his self imposed ban he is not about to tell us.Maybe Jimmy could find out at the poker night.

I am starting a new competition along the lines of Where's Wally :

Where was Slim Saturday?
Where is the child?
Where in India is archie?
Where is Blairy and the 2 calicos?

Merl's other former very own Cluden upset the tin can alley mob in a spitefull game where the BBQ most noted for never reporting anyone could not find his note book as things descending into the pits and a couple of the tin can alley mob are lucky they are not joining the judge on the sidelines!!!

Speaking of the Tin Can Alley mob great that they are not in the 20/20 which will get all you BCFers to stop speaking of themso highly !!!

I will do a separate post for the Merlot Horlicks tipping

Merl

Evening Again,

A good round of cricket with most favourites saluting.

The oasis Bott led the machine back into top gear as the slim less Omega never gave a yell apart from the young kid getting 80 odd.
The Brady rd billionaires led by the ageless Chubba gave the royals a mother and father of a hiding and can only sit and wait for the judge to finish his sentence and return to the cortroom.
The mustard pots with no idea of what contribution Buddy's no one fan made caused the upset of the round in kicking sand in the face of Merl's beach boys!
The highway pretenders had a comfortable win over the below par golfers.
Tin can alley beat the cowboys but who cares!
Merl's newly aquired Peter Parker like spiders spun a web over the previously unbeaten Le page to share the top rung of the ladder with the Billionaires.Oh for a season of One dayers!!!

In the Bluff Rd Cup

Bottsy, Vinnie and No fox must have known something as Merl's former very own Cluden knocked off the tin can alley twos.Well done.

The Billionaire twos gave the royal court jesters a thrashing!!
The oasisless Botty's mob accounted for Omega with the angry one getting both runs and wickets which would have given him something to shout about.
Merl's new very own Chelsea Heights gave the highway pretender twos a belting with all their big guns chipping in.Poor old man Lockhart who use to bowl unchanged all day can hardly get hold of the ball!!!
As previously mentioned the pathetic purple & golds gave the Uncle Mick less Highett West a touch up!!!
Wallet Park only needed loose change to despose of a disappointing RSL mob!

Merl continues to lead in the club house but No Fox did score a Bo Derek and all scores pretty good in a favourite winning round.

Vinnie,Adam and Uncle Mick it is not compulsory to tip your own clubs as there has to be weeks they have no chance!

The sledge hammer and one of the Jammos share 2nd spot while a gaggle of tipsters are in equal fourth.

2010 11 Merlot Horlicks Tipping Comp

Rd 1 Rd 2 Rd 3 Rd 4 PEN Total
1 Merlot 9 10 9

2 Sledge 7 8 9

PDog 7 8 9

4 Mentalist 7 8 8

Jimmy 7 7 9

Bottsy 6 8 9

Clock 6 9 8

No Fox 8 5 10

9 On the Rise 6 7 9

10 Unc Mick 5 7 9

11 Ord Bloke 6 8 6

Brudes 8 7 7
-2 20

Golf 7 6 7

14 Cricket 5 3 7
-2 13

15 Sugar 5 3 5
-2 11

Peter Parker apologies I have left out your much improved effort with a total 12 after 3rounds

Clint Eastwood and lightning have been given the flick for non lodgement of tips

this week's fixture is as follows:

Longy
Rd 4

East Sandy v Hampton Central 1
Bentleigh Uniting 1 v Carnegie South 1
Le Page Park 1 v Kingston Heath 1
Elwood 1 v Omega 1
Mackie 1 v Bentleigh ANA 1
Brighton Union 1 v West Bentleigh 1

Wooly

Omega 2 v Asp - Edithvale RSL 1
Bentleigh ANA 2 v Moorabbin West 1
Washington Park 1 v East Sandy
Highett West 1 v Bentleigh Uniting
Cluden 1 v Brighton Union 2
Chelsea Heights 1 v Hampton United 1

I look forward to the post mortems and answers to my where's Wally questions?

until next time...keep searching..... vino sipping poster....... Prof Merlot

Merl - hardly a case of no UM, no kookas. We haven't won a one dayer in the past 2 seasons. Given the early forecast for the weekend, we could be faced with yet another one day game next round. As for tipping our boys every week, I genuinely believe we can beat any side in Woolnough when we're playing our best cricket. Unfortunately, that seems a long way off at the moment, but I look fwd to getting back this week and turning it all around.

Agree with Cato... as for the ones, a thrashing is an understatement. Absolutely outplayed in all areas. The Billionaires talk about the heralded batting recruits, but what is underestimated is now the balance and depth in their bowling attack. Last year there was only Chubbs & Britt doing the work. You had Monkey Milner as the first change.

Now you have names like Heaney & Middelmiss who are now back, as well as the orthodox spin of Russell. They are as balanced as any attack, and still have Britt to come back.

They even have 3 wicketkeepers to choose from in their current Longy side... talk about a wealth of riches.

As for the parochial tipping... I'll follow the Uncle Mick/Tim Nielsen/AFL Media Pack 101 response "I fully believe we can beat anyone on our day... blah blah blah".

Adam,

You didn't clarify your tips and whether you did duplicate the cut and paste.

Apologies to you and Cato I didn't have my notes in front of me and thought the twos had replicated the Ronald Biggs train wreck of the ones the old man does make the odd mistake.

More importantly you are a chance in the Where's Wally competition did you sight the child and engage in any meaningfull conversation with hin if the dummy was out for long enough!!!

Not sure about letting Cam Bruce go as he has been a valuable servant and those kids need a few old heads around them.

Would there be any chance that Barrack and/ or Hiliary now that she is in the great land of Oz could fill us in on the 20/20 comp and where the games are being played.I did hear trees a green spouting on about it on Jimmy's radio show but it is a bit hard to make notes when you need two hands on the beemers steering wheel.Maybe they could update the inadequate blue and white website for the cricketing public as that's what I thought a website was for, to update information.

Merl over and out

Round 4 tips (whatever round lost track with the 1 dayers)

Longmuir:
E.S.B.C.
Bentleigh Uniting
Le Page
Elwood
Mackie
Brighton Union

Woolnough:
Omega
Moorabbin West
Washington Park
Bentleigh Uniting
Cluden
Chelsea Heights

When does the 20/20 tournament start and is the draw available yet?
Clock, Merl
It starts this Wednesday...

Kookaburra CMCA Twenty/20 Competition - Teams & Schedule

North Group:- 1) Carnegie South CC, 2) Elwood CC, 3) West Bentleigh CC, 4) Washington Park CC.
South Group:- 1) Chelsea Heights CC, 2) Le Page Park CC, 3) Kingston Heath CC, 4) BYE.
East Group:- 1) Mackie CC, 2) Bentleigh Uniting CC, 3) Bentleigh ANA CC, 4) Omega CC.
West Group:- 1) Hampton Central CC, 2) Brighton Union CC, 3) Cluden CC, 4) McKinnon CC.

· (Club names in italics = drawn away!)
· Wednesday afternoon competition – November and December times.
o Innings #1 - commence 17:15......end 18:30.
o Break 18:30 – 18:40
o Innings #2 – commence 18:40....end 19:55.

Round-Robin Stage:-
Round #1 – 1 vs 3, 2 vs 4 Wednesday 10th November, 2010.
Round #2 – 2 vs 1, 3 vs 4 Wednesday 17th November, 2010.
Round #3 – 1 vs 4, 3 vs 2 Wednesday 24th November, 2010.

Semi-Finals:-
Wednesday 1st December, 2010
1st North vs 1st South......1st East vs 1st West

Grand Final:-
Wednesday 8th December, 2010
Winner Semi #1 vs Winner Semi #2.

Reserve G/Final Day is Wednesday 15th December, 2010.

hope that helps

The Spring Carnival is over, the Footy trips are done and the One day pre season is finished. Finally, the real season is beginning, where the men are seperated from the boys . . . . or is that rain I see on the horizon?? Could this be the season of 6 one day games???

Longy
ESBC - A great tussle for the 6 points, but the Juggers will try to keep their momentum going.
Billionaires - A huge test for the Spiders, one that they're not quite ready for just yet. Another 6 points to Uniting here . . Tcha Ching!! But those black clouds are forming again . . .
Le Page - Will be a tighter game than many would expect, but the Golfers have been disappointing to date.
Beach Boys - Should be another come back for the Beach Boys this week.
Mackie - The wheels are finally in motion for the Machine. They should step up a gear this week.
Union - Union should get over the unpredictable Westers.

Woolly
Omega
Moor West
Sharks
Billionaires
Cluden
Chelsea Heights

Clock, Merl
It starts this Wednesday...

Kookaburra CMCA Twenty/20 Competition - Teams & Schedule

North Group:- 1) Carnegie South CC, 2) Elwood CC, 3) West Bentleigh CC, 4) Washington Park CC.
South Group:- 1) Chelsea Heights CC, 2) Le Page Park CC, 3) Kingston Heath CC, 4) BYE.
East Group:- 1) Mackie CC, 2) Bentleigh Uniting CC, 3) Bentleigh ANA CC, 4) Omega CC.
West Group:- 1) Hampton Central CC, 2) Brighton Union CC, 3) Cluden CC, 4) McKinnon CC.

· (Club names in italics = drawn away!)
· Wednesday afternoon competition – November and December times.
o Innings #1 - commence 17:15......end 18:30.
o Break 18:30 – 18:40
o Innings #2 – commence 18:40....end 19:55.

Round-Robin Stage:-
Round #1 – 1 vs 3, 2 vs 4 Wednesday 10th November, 2010.
Round #2 – 2 vs 1, 3 vs 4 Wednesday 17th November, 2010.
Round #3 – 1 vs 4, 3 vs 2 Wednesday 24th November, 2010.

Semi-Finals:-
Wednesday 1st December, 2010
1st North vs 1st South......1st East vs 1st West

Grand Final:-
Wednesday 8th December, 2010
Winner Semi #1 vs Winner Semi #2.

Reserve G/Final Day is Wednesday 15th December, 2010.

hope that helps

Thanks Spongebob. Are the Wash ups playing their home game at Caulfield Park or do you have access to another ground? Looks like Mackie and the Royals will get a dry run against each other before they meet again on Saturday.Not sure I would want to be batting second in that fading light. Hope they turn on the lights.

Thanks Spongebob. Are the Wash ups playing their home game at Caulfield Park or do you have access to another ground? Looks like Mackie and the Royals will get a dry run against each other before they meet again on Saturday.Not sure I would want to be batting second in that fading light. Hope they turn on the lights.
Clock,
All Shark T20 games are away this year. Hopefully the ground is up and running next year and we can get some bums on seats and some coin across the bar! Which is one of the main reasons for running this thing, and joining in! :rolleyes:

Longy
East Sandy will start getting the roster together
Bentleigh Uniting - plenty if improvement to come
Le Page Park - danger game, Golfers flogged them last year
Elwood - Will it be the Brian Wilson beach boys of the 60's or the ones that did Kokomo with John Stamos in it?
Mackie - Got a fair bit to do
Brighton Union - Judge Mikko and jury still out

Wooly
Omega - Solid
Moorabbin West - Ditto
Washington Park - first real test?
Bentleigh Uniting - getting stronger
Brighton Union - Will Con & George return after being skittled for 51 by the new glamours
Chelsea Heights - the new glamours

Elwood - Will it be the Brian Wilson beach boys of the 60's or the ones that did Kokomo with John Stamos in it?

Hopefully we are all about going back to the future down at Wattie Watson -- more Pet Sounds, less Stamos.

Disappointing Saturday for our Firsts and Seconds -- all credit to Hampton Central. Big week on the track and we'll be back this week.

Back