City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2010/11

Yeah Unionite - it's called the CMCA! There are always vacancies on Congress for anyone interested in putting in the effort.

thanks for the heads up The Old Bill but you only have to read this thread to see that the current perception of the CMCA as a body in general is not what you would call positive and healthy. Myself, i'm to distanced from the inner workings to have an opinion one way or another but if this small cross section here represents the opinions of the greater CMCA cricketing community then its fair to say its a worry. maybe an independent body that works with the cmca on behalf of the clubs and/or players is a viable alternative that should be looked at

Do we not follow the system set out in Premier cricket and have independent tribunal members??????

No Wontan2 we do not follow the Premier system. The Premier system has a 3 strike system for minor offences. Our system rubs players out for sledging, swearing and other minor offencess.Just look through the CMCAs tribunal page and have a look at what some players have been rubbed out for. You will see a lot of veteran players with unblemished records rubbed out for minor offences. A lot of Clubs are over the inconstancies. Player grabs player 1 game. Player sledges 2 games. What the?

No Wontan2 we do not follow the Premier system. The Premier system has a 3 strike system for minor offences. Our system rubs players out for sledging, swearing and other minor offencess.Just look through the CMCAs tribunal page and have a look at what some players have been rubbed out for. You will see a lot of veteran players with unblemished records rubbed out for minor offences. A lot of Clubs are over the inconstancies. Player grabs player 1 game. Player sledges 2 games. What the?
Didn't the cmca introduce a caution system like a yellow card for minor offences that extends for the current season so if you abuse a player and the umpire hears it he cautions you and reports it to the CMCA and if that player does it another caution-able offence another card and a third time an automatic match suspension, but it doesn't carry over to the next season. Is this what you mean?

thanks for the heads up The Old Bill but you only have to read this thread to see that the current perception of the CMCA as a body in general is not what you would call positive and healthy. Myself, i'm to distanced from the inner workings to have an opinion one way or another but if this small cross section here represents the opinions of the greater CMCA cricketing community then its fair to say its a worry. maybe an independent body that works with the cmca on behalf of the clubs and/or players is a viable alternative that should be looked at
Unionite,
All the adverse chat recently has been about the tribunal's decision - it is supposedly an independent group of ex-players. You yourself stated in post 1087 that the recent Grand Final decisions were "fair and just". That obviously is a matter of opinion not shared by all.
Even the AFL with all its resources has an independent tribunal with set penalties whose decisions are regularly criticised eg. Campbell Brown.

Unionite,
All the adverse chat recently has been about the tribunal's decision - it is supposedly an independent group of ex-players. You yourself stated in post 1087 that the recent Grand Final decisions were "fair and just". That obviously is a matter of opinion not shared by all.
Even the AFL with all its resources has an independent tribunal with set penalties whose decisions are regularly criticised eg. Campbell Brown.

as you can see, my opinion unfortunately is not one that is shared by all. on the tribunal matter, there does seem to be some inconsistencies and maybe needs revamping with the input of the clubs and players

Didn't the cmca introduce a caution system like a yellow card for minor offences that extends for the current season so if you abuse a player and the umpire hears it he cautions you and reports it to the CMCA and if that player does it another caution-able offence another card and a third time an automatic match suspension, but it doesn't carry over to the next season. Is this what you mean?

No they did not. Not that I’m aware off. Can’t find it on their web site if they did. The punishments don’t fit the crime and a major overhaul is needed as the Clubs have had enough of the inconsistences. It is far better to follow a proven system rather than leaving everyone unclear with thre current system.

glad that i grade player didnt hit anyone when he hit the stumps...woulda got a caution....cmca tribunal is a disgrace!!!! he gets 1 game for hitting stumps, bucc player gets same for man handling????? seems to me that if u arent a longy club they dont care about that club...may be they should look at their coffers coz all those other clubs are paying for the disgrace that the cmca committe has let the comp become

glad that i grade player didnt hit anyone when he hit the stumps...woulda got a caution....cmca tribunal is a disgrace!!!! he gets 1 game for hitting stumps, bucc player gets same for man handling????? seems to me that if u arent a longy club they dont care about that club...may be they should look at their coffers coz all those other clubs are paying for the disgrace that the cmca committe has let the comp become
No they did not. Not that I’m aware off. Can’t find it on their web site if they did. The punishments don’t fit the crime and a major overhaul is needed as the Clubs have had enough of the inconsistences. It is far better to follow a proven system rather than leaving everyone unclear with thre current system.
maybe you need to look at the report form to see that their is set punishments for set "crimes" and the i grade player accepted his, I understand.

At the start of the season the caution was formally instigated by the CMCA

Uncle,Vinnie,PeterP

Apologies, the leader board is

Uncle 16 Vinnie 16 Merl 15 Peter P 10

Games this week

Rich v Pies
Haw v W Coast
Carl v Ess
Syd v Geel
Pt Adel v Adel
Goldie v Go Dees
Freo V Nth

Good luck to all 4 of us

Merl

OOPs

Merls tips

Vinnies pies
Burgermeister's Hawks
Hirdies bombers
The Horse's swans
Crows
Go Dees
Freo anchors away

maybe you need to look at the report form to see that their is set punishments for set "crimes" and the i grade player accepted his, I understand.

At the start of the season the caution was formally instigated by the CMCA

Sorry Wonton2 but I agree with cop1. Just because there may be set penalties doesn’t mean there correct. Does hitting the stumps and grabbing a player deserve the same penalty? What actions constitute a warning? Where is it posted on the cmca web site? Where is it in the rule book?

Sorry Wonton2 but I agree with cop1. Just because there may be set penalties doesn’t mean there correct. Does hitting the stumps and grabbing a player deserve the same penalty? What actions constitute a warning? Where is it posted on the cmca web site? Where is it in the rule book?
went and had another look at tribunal results

set penalty 1 match
tribunal 2 matches with 1 suspended

cannot find it in the rulebook or CMCA site

would be helpful to be posted on the site

Evening All

Rd 4 results

Ord Bloke 21 Uncle Mick no tips 19 Merl 19 Peter Parker no tips 13

Fixture Rd 5
Bris v Stk
Port v Goldie
Carl v Adel
Nth v Rich
Ess v Coll
Freo v W Bull
Haw v Geel

Merl's tips

Bris v Stk
Port v Goldie
Carl v Adel
Nth v Rich
Ess v Coll
Freo v W Bull
Haw v Geel

Good luck to all

Merl

saints.JPG
St Albans Breakwater cc (Geelong Cricket Association) is seeking a playing senior batting coach & 1st XI captain for the 2011/12 season.
Applicants must have level 1 accreditation or be willing to undergo training.
The successful applicant will have last season’s premiership winning captain/coach Justin Miller to remain as bowling coach and player.
Remuneration will be negotiable.
Please forward interest and/or resume to jayaa2012@hotmail.com or contact John Irvine 0433634099

Uncle Mick,

I know you are in that other comp but you need to make an effort to get your tips into the BCF.I will adjust your score when I update last weeks results.Maybe we could one quarter Buddy's mate to join us at the pub this week?Or we could join him on the boundary with Archie at a Rockers game?

West Coast v Melb
Syd v Carl
Nth v Port
Rich v Bris
Adel v St K
Ess v Goldie
Pies v Bullies

Merl's tips

West Coast v Melb
Syd v Carl
Nth v Port
Rich v Bris
Adel v St K
Ess v Goldie
Pies v Bullies

Goood luck to you me and Vinnie Parker has been caught in his own web

Merl

Apologies Merl. I will endeavour to lift my game. I'm in a few comps this year and this was the 3rd time I've forgotten to register tips. Not a good track record!

West Coast v Melb
Syd v Carl
Nth v Port
Rich v Bris
Adel v St K
Ess v Goldie
Pies v Bullies

Well Well, look whats happened while i was on long service leave.
First of all, may i pass on my congrats to all the GF winners, especially BU in the Longy, it was a dominating display.
To Brad's boys, well done in a classic game of suburban cricket and a great example of how cricket should be played, this includes the Wash Up boys as well.
The same can't be said for the D grade final, which i was privy to, i'm not going to bung on other than to say that i agree with most BCF's views and that the CMCA Tribunal is a farce, a seriously weakend farce.
To the 4 main instigators wearing the hooped hats, give the game away and take up UFC.
The damage you've done to your clubs credibility is not worth a D Grade Flag.
To the umpires who were placed in this prediciment, i would suggest you request in the future to not be appointed to your ex clubs games, but you handled the situation well, or as well as can be expected under the circumstances.
Man handling in any shape or form in cricket is a NO NO, any player who touches another player should be rubbed out min 4 games.
To the WK who states he tripped, yeah right, i would call it a gang tackle, and the intent was to man handle as you have tried to explain.
To the hooped player who was visibly air guitaring his private tackle to the crowd everytime a wicket fell, you seriously need to take a long break, do yourself and your club a favour.
Was cricket the winner, i don't think so.

Back