City of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2010/11

Thanks Mick. I stand corrected. I thought I had read somewhere he had played with McKinnon. Bit harsh labelling them with the Richmond tag though.

I know nothing about McKinnon to have any opinion on that. From what I can remember they wear purple hats - which is a trifle bit concerning.

Thanks Mick. I stand corrected. I thought I had read somewhere he had played with McKinnon. Bit harsh labelling them with the Richmond tag though.

I can confirm that Ash Russell hasnt played with us but made plenty of runs against McKinnon! and the the longer he stays in the CMCA the better i reckon!! ;)
And the Richmond tag is probably a fair call our 1sts have finish 5th to 9th ever season since we played off in the 2000-01 grand final....

I can confirm that Ash Russell hasnt played with us but made plenty of runs against McKinnon! and the the longer he stays in the CMCA the better i reckon!! ;)
And the Richmond tag is probably a fair call our 1sts have finish 5th to 9th ever season since we played off in the 2000-01 grand final....

Fair way to go even come close to Richmond. You have kept your Top grade status in a pretty tough competition, where that ridiculous bonus point system rewards mediocrity.

Outstanding work Clock. Unbelievable insight and most of what you said hit’s the mark. Don’t intend to critique each and every comment as for the most part you are spot on but if your reference to the Mackie coach scenario relates to who I think it does (GC?) he will have a very different version of events. Suffice to say that his playing and coaching record would stand up against anyone’s in this comp and post Mackie he enjoyed further success at a pretty high level. Apologies if I am off track with this assumption.

Not him Chooka. Try GS.

Cheers Clocker. With you now. The one I mentioned didn’t leave on great terms either so thought it may have been him. While he is not everyone’s cup of tea but he is good bloke with an impeccable record. Again well done on your season review.

Cheers Clocker. With you now. The one I mentioned didn’t leave on great terms either so thought it may have been him. While he is not everyone’s cup of tea but he is good bloke with an impeccable record. Again well done on your season review.

I suppose it will be one of those discussions CMCA legends and experts can have over a couple of frothies. Now without putting you on the spot, will the status quo remain for Uniting this season or are there likely to be changes? It would good to see your guys go around another season. I suspect a few turf clubs may be having a crack at a couple of your up and coming players. It was noticebale during the season that a there were many turf representaives having a look. I know there were some from Ash Russell's former club down to support him since they did not get to play too much cricket because of the weather, but I also noticed a few other clubs lurking in the background in deep discussion.....

I suppose it will be one of those discussions CMCA legends and experts can have over a couple of frothies. Now without putting you on the spot, will the status quo remain for Uniting this season or are there likely to be changes? It would good to see your guys go around another season. I suspect a few turf clubs may be having a crack at a couple of your up and coming players. It was noticebale during the season that a there were many turf representaives having a look. I know there were some from Ash Russell's former club down to support him since they did not get to play too much cricket because of the weather, but I also noticed a few other clubs lurking in the background in deep discussion.....

Probably to early to call Clocker. Obviously we would love to have them stay. Lot’s of things going in our favour and reckon they will but we simply could not match what gets thrown around in some others comps. The great man John Halliday will be all over this. Like a few clubs we could use a quick with a bit of X factor. Fast bowling on these synthetic tracks is a brutal business and we cant expect the heroics from Surridge to continue forever. One of the all time greats and a proven big game performer.

Probably to early to call Clocker. Obviously we would love to have them stay. Lot’s of things going in our favour and reckon they will but we simply could not match what gets thrown around in some others comps. The great man John Halliday will be all over this. Like a few clubs we could use a quick with a bit of X factor. Fast bowling on these synthetic tracks is a brutal business and we cant expect the heroics from Surridge to continue forever. One of the all time greats and a proven big game performer.

If James Coles applies himself a bit more, he could be one to lead the attack with Britty after Surridge. Colesy bowled well in the GF without luck i thought.
Obviously no quick going around at the moment is in Surridge's league though. Great bowler over a long period of time.

Bennett isn't a bad quick still going around

I'd like to put a word in for our young quick Cal Rayner. Still only 20 and getting sharper each year. Made a few opposition batsmen hop about last season.

There is 2 younger players than cal that are quicker already, justing Greer and Manders

Yeah i agree. Manders is sharp & a good bowler (obviously). His bounce is a big weapon for him.
Our boy Justin Greer is close to the quickest, he's just turned 18, he had Lalor & Ash Russell hurrying their shots, he'll get better, quicker & stronger in the next few years. We expect big things from him.
Yeah golf, Cal is coming along well. He'll keep improving each year.

Back