City Of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2011/12

Some seriously good puns in the title, Bunt!

Btw - I was giving it some thought yesterday and came up with the idea of a CMCA Cricket Show Twitter page. I'm not overly savvy with Twitter, but my understanding thus far is that you can change the settings so that it automatically refreshes every so often. Rather than listeners texting/phoning in, they can give you updates/feedback via the Twitter service which you can have up on the screen in front of you. Perhaps having 2 webpages open - 1 for mycricket and 1 for Twitter.

Dear All,

A quick plug for the CMCA Kookaburra Twenty/20 Cup competition that kicks off tomorrow evening at 5.20pm!

Lots of great games on for your entertainment, including:-

Carnegie South CC vs Mackie CC - Bailey Reserve #1 Oval.

Washington Park CC vs McKinnon CC - Packer Reserve.

Hampton Combined vs Brighton Union CC - Simpson Reserve.

Omega CC vs Bentleigh ANA CC - Bricker Reserve.

Bentleight Uniting CC vs West Bentleigh CC - Centenary Park.

Kingston Heath CC vs Chelsea Heights CC - Southern Reserve.

ESBC CC vs Le Page Park CC - Chisholm Reserve.

Thanks all....Greeny

Dear All,

A quick plug for the CMCA Kookaburra Twenty/20 Cup competition that kicks off tomorrow evening at 5.20pm!

Lots of great games on for your entertainment, including:-

Carnegie South CC vs Mackie CC - Bailey Reserve #1 Oval.

Washington Park CC vs McKinnon CC - Packer Reserve.

Hampton Combined vs Brighton Union CC - Simpson Reserve.

Omega CC vs Bentleigh ANA CC - Bricker Reserve.

Bentleight Uniting CC vs West Bentleigh CC - Centenary Park.

Kingston Heath CC vs Chelsea Heights CC - Southern Reserve.

ESBC CC vs Le Page Park CC - Chisholm Reserve.

Thanks all....Greeny
This format will suit a few teams. Surely they won't get bowled out in a T20 like a few teams do on Saturdays????

Hopefully the rain stays away, so the games can actually go ahead.

Pity there is only 15 teams and we couldn't get a 16 team together. Perhaps, the All Stars could have been an option !!!

Perhaps, the All Stars could have been an option !!!

Apparently the CMCA knocked it on the head. Can understand why, but for the sake of getting a 16th team up I would've thought they've give it the all clear. Particularly given that most clubs are fielding teams therefore it would've been leftovers plus a few from clubs that couldn't field teams.

Yes, agree. It would have been much better to have 16 teams. Also, I'm sure the teams that are having a bye would have preferred to be playing.

Given tonight & tomorrow will be wash outs there should be enough time to round up a 16th team. I've put out the feelers to try and get our boys to field a side. Already a few are keen. If we can't get 11 to commit, perhaps Greeny could have a chat to the Cluden boys and we could enter a last minute combined side similar to what Central & United have done. Or if Bottsy, Lazza and a few Moorabbin West boys are keen we could combine a side with them. Certainly makes sense to try and get a 16th side going.

What is the contingency plan given the weather will almost certainly wash out any chance of cricket over the next 2 nights?

Considering the CMCA Under 21's have a match on Sunday perhaps it would benefit them by playing a game together albeit 20/20.

ye have little faith in the weather Uncle Mick - looks like the rain will hold off tonight - be interesting to see if the Grounds hold up though? Packer will be dry as they've put that much drainage in it the rain does not wet the grass and or soil - seriously it is that hard the shins are still repairing themselves from Saturdays jaunt (or it could be just old age). The Council in their ultimate wisdom have decided to cut it to about 1-2mm each week now, so hoping this rain does continue to try and wet the damn thing. The East Sandy boys could not believe how quick it was on Saturday - and it's early November!!

no mention of moorabbin wests impressive outright win jimmy olson?
No mention at all Half Volley but you have got me onto a relevant topic.
Could not cover this game as I was not there at all, the incomplete scores submitted to CMCA gave no idea as to result of match (only discovered the result at 11.40am on Sunday radio show when we mentioned we had no idea of result and kind listener texted in the full scores). Unfortunately this was well after the time when article is submitted to Leader Newspaper Group. At the time of writing (ie.now) website scores still not updated, looks like a 1st innings win to MW until you see the overs (40.5) that WB batted for on day two leaving 21 overs unnaccounted for on day two. Do I have time to chase these things up on Sat night/Sunday morning - No.
Pity, it was obviuosly a great win and was good to see Tim Aydin really tear a line up apart as he always looked like he might sometime.

No scores in Herald Sun or Age so far this season. The reason:- about 4 Longy clubs submit scores via SMS as instructed to do before 6.45pm Saturday night so they can be phoned to AAPP by 7.00pm. Longmuir Clubs who do it on time are East Sandringham, Bent ANA, Elwood and Kingston Heath. It gets worse as you work down through Woolnough & Quiney. Would look pretty stupid submitting 1 or 2 scores from each of our 3 top grades each week.
I am probably glad Merlot has silenced himself as he was the one who stated more pressure (in the way of fines) needed to be bought in. Still, means I can get out and see some good live music on a Sat night instead.

Jimmy, chasing up scores must drive you crazy? However I agree with UM if there was a twitter feed wouldn’t that make life easier for you and some clubs as well? I always tweet all of our scores on a Saturday night @melbwandererscc although they are usually on mycricket anyway because we are lucky enough to have an efficient stats man..

Also I know I'm banging on about this but any chance of a podcast of your award winning radio show?

Once upon a time we used to have to drive to Hurlingham Park and deliver the scores. Clubs didn't do it.
We then got faxes and even phoned the scores through. Clubs still did not submit the scores.
Now we ask for a text. I mean how hard is it? clubs still don;t get the scores in. Now we are talking tweets.
Guess what....clubs will still not get their scores in. Time to seriously fine clubs.No excuses just fine them
$10 first offence
$500 second offence
$100 third and subsequent.
nothing like a good old fine to get clubs to focus.If they still do not submit the scores then they lose match points.
Harsh but fair.

Folks, here's what I know to date:-

CMCA Kookaburra Twenty/20 CUP

Round #1 Results

North Group:-

1) Carnegie South CC 10 / 129 (20) ? Mackie CC (I’m pretty sure CS won, but didn’t get the end result.)

2) Washington Park CC 10 / 101 def by McKinnon CC 5 / 102

West Group:-

1) Elwood CC vs Bye

2) Hampton Combined 7 / 154 def by Brighton Union CC 4 / 161

East Group:-

1) Omega CC 8 / 163 (20) def by Bentleigh ANA 3 / 165 (19)

2) Bentleigh Uniting CC 5 / 170 def West Bentleigh CC 4 / 168

South Group:-

1) Kingston Heath CC 8 / 105 def by Chelsea Heights CC 7 / 106

2) ESBC 7 / 159 (20) def Le Page Park CC 10/123 (18.1)

Cheers.....Greeny

Jimmy, chasing up scores must drive you crazy? However I agree with UM if there was a twitter feed wouldn’t that make life easier for you and some clubs as well? I always tweet all of our scores on a Saturday night @melbwandererscc although they are usually on mycricket anyway because we are lucky enough to have an efficient stats man..

Also I know I'm banging on about this but any chance of a podcast of your award winning radio show?

Army, duly delivered due to popular demand. The plan was always to put them on the CMCA website each week but that has not yet come to fruition so in the meantime please follow link to the Southern FM website and a downloadable or listen on the spot podcast of Sundays show.

MM
http://www.southernfm.com.au/podcast/cmca-show-on-southern-sport-podcast/
PS. Looks like a great first round of T20 games.

Looks like there was some cracking matches in the Twenty20 first round. Top work to Greeny and any others who help to get this great addition to the CMCA up and running!

Elwood, up against the dreaded Bye last night, had a practice Twenty20 match with the Patriots (all our seniors who played Elwood juniors ) versus the Renegades (all our walk-ins). The match was a tie.

Love the Tuesday matches too!

And Jimmy, great work with the podcast.

The morning rain didn't stop any games and there were some very good team and individual scores.

I especially like the change in rules where batsman don't have to retire at 50 anymore.

What were the crowds like at the various grounds ?

There were good support at East Sandy and Omega, at Kingston Heath they had the music all set up and playing in between wickets and when wickets fell. They did a great job of getting into the spirit of T20. Well done to Kingston Heath.

Considering the CMCA Under 21's have a match on Sunday perhaps it would benefit them by playing a game together albeit 20/20.
Great idea clocker, interestingly, once again the CMCA's publicity machine is in first gear as you wouldn't have known about the under 21's playing this week if you hadn't mentioned it.
Tried to look at the web site, no avail, as the 21's page hasn't been updated with any information.
Would love to know the team selection for this year, who's coaching the team, Hales has done a good job over the last couple of seasons, is he going again?
All the other junior rep pages seem to be updating their info, with final team selections pending some further practice games.

The morning rain didn't stop any games and there were some very good team and individual scores.

I especially like the change in rules where batsman don't have to retire at 50 anymore.

What were the crowds like at the various grounds ?
Mackie V The Spiders was an interesting game, the machine playing a few juniors and giving them some experience.
Spiders looked good and very keen, maybe a dark horse to take the title.
If there was a negative, the venue lacked excitment and atmosphere, crowd seem down as well.

Back