City Of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2011/12

There's also James Bourke who was part of our Wooly Premiership who was named in Prahran 2's, and Comrey Edgeworth and Josh Slater who were picked in Dandy 3rds last week.
We also had Mitch Brown at our club before Geelong decided to draft him into the AFL.

There's also James Bourke who was part of our Wooly Premiership who was named in Prahran 2's, and Comrey Edgeworth and Josh Slater who were picked in Dandy 3rds last week.
We also had Mitch Brown at our club before Geelong decided to draft him into the AFL.

We had Shane warne before Australia picked him, we also had chris Judd before 2 brownlows picked him.

Not so sure about this. He was named in Prahran 2s last week before Premier cricket being washed out.
It's official Billy... will be lining up for the Sharks first game, or Second game at worst. Nice inclusion to go with Dolly (new skip) and Berriman.
Just need one R.Quiney back and old Spongey can head south with the veterans ;) Pity he's signed for another few years!! Plenty of competition for spots this year at the top - which is always healthy for a club.

Dear All,

I'd like to get the opinions from the forum on a question or two I have for you around the CMCA Twenty/20 comp. I am very interested in your views.

Last years comp had 15 teams, one short of our 'perfect' 16 team draw scenario. We feel the 16 teams works really well for the 4 division / 3 games round-robin type scenario we designed last year.

To date I have 13 clubs locked in (+ waiting to hear back from West Bentleigh and one other), so we are nearly there. But I am a little worried we may again end up just short.

One way of fixing this is for us to allow a combined team or two. We have had one offer for a combined team (of sorts). The proposal is for Team "A" to supply the majority of players for a side, with say 3 players coming from a second club (say like Cluden, who are unable to supply a full team for the comp). CMCA may then limit the numbers of 'eligible' Team "B" players to say 4 - 5 overall, to be named before the comp starts, documented with the CMCA. This 4 - 5 would then be it, they couldn't add to the extra Team "B" list of eligible players. They would rotate 3 of the 4 / 5 through the rounds as required.

Option #2 - Allow a combined "CMCA Superstars" team (yeah I know it's a dicky name, but something along those lines). This would then be a combined side, open to ALL players from ALL clubs not playing in their own right! Perhaps this could be sponsored by the CMCA (for fees, match balls) etc? Had me thinking that someone like Mick Flahive would be ideal to skipper a team like this!!

Anyway, please give the above some thought, interested in your views. We still have about 5 weeks before the comp begins, but I would like to lock in 16 teams (fairly quickly), so we can arrange the divisions, and therefore draw.

Thanks all,

Cheers....Greeny
(for the T/20 Sub Committee).

Greeny, what about a BCF All Stars team?? If we can find Merl somewhere we could ask him to dust off the old creams to skipper the side? :)

1) Why not approach Southern Churches and ask if any team(s) is interested in participating.We don't get to play against other comps anymore so it would be a good gage for both comps to see where they stand. Oakleigh Districts are not far away.
2) Approach the VTCA teams and get them to enter a team as a combine.
3) Pick the best players from D-I Grade and get them to form a 'rep' team of sorts.

In Longmuir,

The Heighters baptism of fire in the big league will be a successful one as they overcome the Machine.
The new look Panthers come up against the ‘bad boys’ Hoops. Bat vs ball. Hoops to win.
Cowboys against the Sky Blues. Have penciled the Cowboys for relegation so have to tip Sky Blues.
Spiders have no chance against the rampant Uniting.
If the Royals cannot win this opener against a depleted Juggernaut then the choke tag will haunt them all season. Royals comfortably.
Golfers against the Beach Boys. The Beach boys don’t like to travel and they lost four of their five away games last season. Being a one dayer I will tip the Beach Boys in a close affair.

Ladder
Uniting
Hoops
Beach Boys
Juggernaut

Chelsea Heights
Le Page
Royals
Centrals
Golfers
Machine
Spiders
Cowboys

In Wooly,

The Washup’s are on a mission and come against the much fancied new named Aspendale Gardens.Washups to win and win well.
Uncles Kookas meet the Weststars which have been through a turbulent off season losing quite a few players. The Weststars just.
Uniting will absolutely smash the hapless Hampton United.
Cluden too strong for the cowboys.
A rematch of sorts in a different grade with the Cage fighting Hoops come up against the Ommies. Will go with the Ommies morally and emotionally.
The Juggernaut to overcome the Royals in a tight match.

Ladder
Wash Ups
Bentleigh Uniting
Aspendale
Ommies

Weststars
Cluden
Hoops
Kookas
Juggernaut
Royals
Hampton United
Cowboys

Option #2 - Allow a combined "CMCA Superstars" team (yeah I know it's a dicky name, but something along those lines). This would then be a combined side, open to ALL players from ALL clubs not playing in their own right! Perhaps this could be sponsored by the CMCA (for fees, match balls) etc? Had me thinking that someone like Mick Flahive would be ideal to skipper a team like this!!

Thanks all,

Cheers....Greeny

Greeny,

Due to work & study commitments as well as another addition due in the family soon, I won't be playing the H&A season in 2011/12 after Rd.1, but am very interested in playing the T20 comp. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like we've got enough interest at HW to field a T20 team so I'd be more than happy to look after a team of CMCA rebels if there's enough interest externally.
Keep in mind however, the fairness of a group of players from other clubs teaming up against clubs that are fielding their own sides. If other clubs are ok with it, then I'm all for taking on the role of getting it organised.
I'd obviously have to pass it by the other HW exec members, but given we don't train on Tuesday nights at HW I'd say there won't be a problem with playing the games at Peterson St.

Dear All,

I'd like to get the opinions from the forum on a question or two I have for you around the CMCA Twenty/20 comp. I am very interested in your views.

Last years comp had 15 teams, one short of our 'perfect' 16 team draw scenario. We feel the 16 teams works really well for the 4 division / 3 games round-robin type scenario we designed last year.

To date I have 13 clubs locked in (+ waiting to hear back from West Bentleigh and one other), so we are nearly there. But I am a little worried we may again end up just short.

One way of fixing this is for us to allow a combined team or two. We have had one offer for a combined team (of sorts). The proposal is for Team "A" to supply the majority of players for a side, with say 3 players coming from a second club (say like Cluden, who are unable to supply a full team for the comp). CMCA may then limit the numbers of 'eligible' Team "B" players to say 4 - 5 overall, to be named before the comp starts, documented with the CMCA. This 4 - 5 would then be it, they couldn't add to the extra Team "B" list of eligible players. They would rotate 3 of the 4 / 5 through the rounds as required.

Anyway, please give the above some thought, interested in your views. We still have about 5 weeks before the comp begins, but I would like to lock in 16 teams (fairly quickly), so we can arrange the divisions, and therefore draw.

Thanks all,

Cheers....Greeny

Greeny,

I have no problems with players (from a club with no T20 team, or even if one club has a surplus on its current T20 team) being used to 'top up' another T20 squad..

as we are one of the teams looking to 'borrow' a few players to help get the full compliment of 16, i think if 5 players are named prior to the start of the comp to avoid any funny b-uggers in the later stages...

what club are not entering a team?
maybe if they are approached to see if they could supply 'X' number of players then pick 1 or 2 teams from this to get the 16 required..

EG- club A,B,C,D provide 5 players each = 20 players.. it might give you 1 mixed team/ squad of 12 (selection to be discussed on area/ fixture / who knows who etc..) with the remainder helping top up a few that are just short like maybe Cluden or others??

overall i think people enjoyed it last year & would be great to have all clubs represented, even if only a few players are availalble..

as most teams have a few extra's, with 1 or 2 to miss on a rotation most games.. I think best if each team were to supply 1 umpire for the T20 matches.. this may also help with what was discussed at the captain/ umpires meeting on Monday night- re players making &/or clubs providing an umpire in the future?? CMCA Umpires to be used in finals perhaps??

Anyway thats my 2 bob's worth... Hope it helps !!

Can't wait for another season of CMCA cricket to begin...

Clocker has already had a go, so I'll have a crack at the Longmuir Ladder come March 3rd:

1. Bent Utg (Who would tip against them going back to back with the likes of Russell & Lalor still around)
2. Elwood (Marshall is the comps best all-round cricketer and will ensure the Beach boys are the main challengers)
3. Kingston Heath (I'm tipping the Golfers to be the suprise packets this season. De Zylva to add experience to young side)
4. East Sandy (Wanted to select them out of the four, but they simply have a winning culture that will get them over the line)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5. Union (They will be competitive enough but miss Ivan in the big games).
6. ANA (The return of Mikkelsen will see them thereabouts in most games).
7. Mackie (Were not suited by the one day comp we had last year, but can't see them figuring in March).
8. Chelsea Heights (Even with the big siginings Shelton & Reid, will struggle in their first year in the top flight).
9. Le Page Park (Hendy & McConchie hold the key to any chance they may have this year. No).
10. West Bentleigh (A club that has reached its zenith for the time being. Any of the bottom 4 could be relegated).
11. Carn Sth (Noombie & Handley aren't getting any younger).
12. Hamp Cent (Could well be the relegation decider this Saturday against the Cowboys).

Round 1 Selections:
Elwood to defeat Golfers narrowly
Union over Le Page with ease
West over Centrals in a thriller.
Uniting to thrash the Spiders - Lucky they meet them in a one dayer...
ANA over East Sandy in a nailbiter - Upset of the round
Chelsea to unfurl the Woolnough Flag and then get trounced by Mackie

Good luck to all

Quasi

Can't wait for another season of CMCA cricket to begin...

Clocker has already had a go, so I'll have a crack at the Longmuir Ladder come March 3rd:

1. Bent Utg (Who would tip against them going back to back with the likes of Russell & Lalor still around)
2. Elwood (Marshall is the comps best all-round cricketer and will ensure the Beach boys are the main challengers)
3. Kingston Heath (I'm tipping the Golfers to be the suprise packets this season. De Zylva to add experience to young side)
4. East Sandy (Wanted to select them out of the four, but they simply have a winning culture that will get them over the line)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5. Union (They will be competitive enough but miss Ivan in the big games).
6. ANA (The return of Mikkelsen will see them thereabouts in most games).
7. Mackie (Were not suited by the one day comp we had last year, but can't see them figuring in March).
8. Chelsea Heights (Even with the big siginings Shelton & Reid, will struggle in their first year in the top flight).
9. Le Page Park (Hendy & McConchie hold the key to any chance they may have this year. No).
10. West Bentleigh (A club that has reached its zenith for the time being. Any of the bottom 4 could be relegated).
11. Carn Sth (Noombie & Handley aren't getting any younger).
12. Hamp Cent (Could well be the relegation decider this Saturday against the Cowboys).

Round 1 Selections:
Elwood to defeat Golfers narrowly
Union over Le Page with ease
West over Centrals in a thriller.
Uniting to thrash the Spiders - Lucky they meet them in a one dayer...
ANA over East Sandy in a nailbiter - Upset of the round
Chelsea to unfurl the Woolnough Flag and then get trounced by Mackie

Good luck to all

Quasi

I'll do my tips too:

Elwood
Union
Hampton Central
Uniting
East Sandy
Heighters

Elwood
Le Page
West
Uniting
ANA
Chelsea

Not confident in any of the above. Rnd1 will bring mixed results.
Royals over ES purely due to a few outs from ES boys.
Union will kick off as the season progresses.

Happy to look after the tipping contest this season.Anyone interested in lodging their tips are welcome to join.Results shown at the end of each round.
CLOCKER 1 BENT UTD CHELSEA H/CENT ANA ELWOOD HOOPS
QUASIMODO 1 BENT UTD MACKIE COWBOYS ANA ELWOOD HOOPS
POST MORTEM 1 BENT UTD CHELSEA H/CENT SANDY ELWOOD HOOPS
BIG DUNC 1 BENT UTD CHELSEA COWBOYS ANA ELWOOD LE PAGE

Happy to look after the tipping contest this season.Anyone interested in lodging their tips are welcome to join.Results shown at the end of each round.
CLOCKER 1 BENT UTD CHELSEA H/CENT ANA ELWOOD HOOPS
QUASIMODO 1 BENT UTD MACKIE COWBOYS ANA ELWOOD HOOPS
POST MORTEM 1 BENT UTD CHELSEA H/CENT SANDY ELWOOD HOOPS
BIG DUNC 1 BENT UTD CHELSEA COWBOYS ANA ELWOOD LE PAGE

BUtg, Mackie, HCent, ESBC, Elwood, Hoops

Interesting that everyone is off The Juggies and on The Royals who have been flogged in this fixture in the past, agree that it will be much tighter this time. Sneaky improver LPP, hear the new quickie could take a stack of wickets.

Back