City Of Moorabbin Cricket Association 2011/12

Youre about the only one missing out dude, Clarke is a gun captain, will be our best skipper in the truest sense since Mark Taylor. Your loss

thats great, thats your opinion (they're like bum holes, everyones got one)... But you will proven wrong.. he is a heartless cat, who is only worried about 1 person!!

Burger - I tend to agree with the other bloke. Although Pup's profile reeks of a rubbish bloke, he's a natural leader whose game seems to have flourished with the added responsibility. Worried about 1 person appears to be spot on though.

I reckon Pup is a breath of fresh air that the Australian cricket team needed.
Why is Phil Hughes still in that side?
Would like to give praise to an ex KHCC junior in Josh Manning who made 117 for St. Kilda twos today. He has been rewarded with a call up to the First xl for a T20 on Tuesday. Well done mate.
Good win by the lads on Saturday. We needed to show some fortitude after our debacle against Carnegie South and to their credit they have done so.

Watching a bit of Premier 2's cricket today at Toorak Park, i saw a few old CMCA opponents, Phil, Tiger & Al having a chat watching their boys do battle. Just as they did 20 years ago. Chris Williamson(Capt) Prahran, Stephen Singh - Prahran and Josh Manning - St Kilda. It was an entertaining day of cricket. Stephen smashing 68 then taking 2 wickets, Chris bowling leggies and Josh making 117. Also Alex Bychkov, Adam Hutton and Brendan McGuinness playing. Great to see these CMCA juniors doing well.

This weeks results have made the tipping comp interesting.

QUASIMODO 16
IF I CAN I WILL 16
JIMMY OLSON 16
POST MORTEM 15
UNCLE MICK 15
BILLY THE KID 14
THE MENTALIST 14
PETER PARKER 14
CLOCKER 14
NORTHCLUBSDPP 13
BRIAN WILSON 13
GOLF 13
ORDINARY BLOKE 12
BURGER 12
BOTTSY 12
P'DOGS PIZZA 12
DR SQUEAK 12

thats great, thats your opinion (they're like bum holes, everyones got one)... But you will proven wrong.. he is a heartless cat, who is only worried about 1 person!!

The other guys (North/UM/Golf) are right Burgs, Clarke is a very sound tactical captain with flair, unlike Punter who was one of the most tactically inept skippers I've ever seen and it seems like Clarke's batting has become a bit more determined since he became captain (in the last Ashes series here I thought he just "gave up" a few times). Agree with you that he is a cat though the way he knifed Katich and that does show a flaw in his leadership skills that will be exposed in a negative way at some time in the future.
Hughes, go do your 2 years penance fixing your technical side, Warner is about as much a test opener as I am. Encouraging performance from the bowlers though although yes, it is only NZ.
There were a lot of people at Prahran yesterday, my man on the spot said Josh batted beautifully, also mentioned that Tiger's boy Steven was genuinely sharp for a few overs but ran out of steam quickly.
Weekly highlights now up on website also http://cmca.vic.cricket.com.au/content.aspx?file=39|21187d

Who do you think should be in the Test side for India this summer? If all are fit, Mine is

1.Watson 2.Marsh 3.Khawaja 4.Ponting 5.Clarke 6.Hussey 7.Wade 8.Harris 9.Cummins 10.Pattinson 11.Lyon

i almost agree completely with that side there PP. having said that this is the cmca forum not the test forum.
looks like bucc and esbc are going to finish 1 and 2.. who are the tips to round out 3 and 4 this year? at the moment its mackie and carnegie.. but i cant see it staying that way. big loss by union to mackie on the weekend but i thnk they will still come home.
who are the players that will be in consideration for the cmca XI at the end of the year?

Fair call ITB, about staying true to forum content, but I thought a little side discussion wouldn't hurt.

As for the top 4, it's early days, but, I agree, the Juggers and Billionaires should shore up 1 and 2 on the ladder, which leaves positions 3 and 4 wide open.

I think Brighton Union have made it extremely tough for themselves so far and they have Bent Uniting, ESBC and Elwood in the next 3 rounds! I don't think they have enough points in the bank to weather the coming storm and pluck a finals spot in the run home.

The Spiders have looked steady and have got the job done when it has counted, but only just. The percentage doesn't give one any confidence, but I think they have yet to fire on all cylinders. I think there will be some batting fireworks ahead and they will claim either 3 or 4 for their first tilt at Longy finals and claim a historic milestone for the club.

Elwood have had a tough early draw, playing ESBC and Bent Uniting early, plus the draws not doing them any favours, but I think I can see them storming home and claiming a finals spot.

Mackie are up and down, and are so hard to read. I don't think they have the consistency to make the finals this year.

Le Page are a dark horse, and it will be a VERY interesting game against the Spiders this round. I think this will be a game for spot in the finals. They have a tough road home though.

So my top 4 tips are

Bent Uniting
ESBC
Spiders
Elwood (with Le Page my dark horse to pip Elwood if things go right for them).

The Hoops have well and truly left themselves a lot of work to do. They have Uniting. Beach boys and Juggernaut in the next three matches. They would probably have to win two of them to keep themselves in the hunt. I would have backed them to be able to defend 202, but obviously not.

very good analysis there, that draw does look tough for union. agree that the spiders probably do look good for one of the finals spots.
what about a batter and a bowler nomination from each side?
ill start with the ladder leaders
batting - cant go past lalor
bowling - britt has the best average in the comp at the moment
elwood
batting - tee is making a few runs
bowling - rob de haan on top of the wickets column

speaking to vtca north captain yesterday who seemed to think they had a strong team,but its ok everyone needs an excuse when they lose

Round 6
Longmuir
Brighton Union v Bentleigh Uniting
Le Page Park v Carnegie South
West Bentleigh v Kingston Heath
Hampton Central v Elwood
Bentleigh ANA v Mackie
East Sandringham Boys Club v Chelsea Heights

City of Moorabbin Cricket Association - Longmuir Shield

1 Bentleigh Uniting 27 2.0090
2 ESBC Club 27 1.2632
3 Mackie 21 1.0793