Cmca 2012/13

Thanks Skipper and understand. Pretty easy to use hindsight, but i was just curious if any thought was given to putting them given they had a week off.

Thanks Skipper and understand. Pretty easy to use hindsight, but i was just curious if any thought was given to putting them given they had a week off.
Clocker,
i think you'll find that the spiders were hoping on the toss to go their way, as word around the traps was that one or both of their professional players were unavailable if the reserve days were needed.
They had to bat, but i tend to think that Glen and his boys weren't too fussed as it was also good conditions early to bowl [ sat ] and with an attack as good as their's, they knew the ball would do a few things if they put it in the right areas.

Hey Pup. Remember when you had a dig about my lack of respect for the lower grade teams at my club? Without trying to be facetious, do you think perhaps you're disrespecting your lower grade sides by jumping back on the forum after you went quiet in the lead up to the 1st XI GF??

Hey Pup. Remember when you had a dig about my lack of respect for the lower grade teams at my club? Without trying to be facetious, do you think perhaps you're disrespecting your lower grade sides by jumping back on the forum after you went quiet in the lead up to the 1st XI GF??

And your point is ??

What I would like to know is where oh where can I get one of those ridiculously stupid self righteous T shirts from? Would love one champ :D

Cant argue with everyones thoughts re the points system and think it does definitely have some merit - having said that, I don't think the competition has been as balanced as it is now for many years, regardless of the conspiracy theories re player payments. I would expect that the Sharks will give it a nudge next year, which would mean that with all being equal, there would be at least 6 Longmuir teams in contention next season - not sure we should be messing with the formula too much!?! From a club that has historically invested significantly without much return, we know it takes more than just a big bank account to be successful on a cricket field - hopefully we have found that formula next year... Hate to bring the topic up again, but has there been any findings from the investigation earlier in the week?

Plenty of people willing to stick the boot in after the BUCC’s Longy GF loss in 2011/2012 but not one person prepared to come on here and acknowledge the unbelievably rare Longmuir, Woolnough double. How about some balance, at least towards our Woolnough team. For a number of reasons, those at the den will treasure this victory just as much as the seniors.

Ironic that with all this talk of player payments a clubs second team was able to knock off 2 clubs first X1’s in consecutive weeks who I suspect had 1 or more players on the payroll.

So with 20102/13 done and dusted any early whispers on player moves for next season?

Plenty of people willing to stick the boot in after the BUCC’s Longy GF loss in 2011/2012 but not one person prepared to come on here and acknowledge the unbelievably rare Longmuir, Woolnough double. How about some balance, at least towards our Woolnough team. For a number of reasons, those at the den will treasure this victory just as much as the seniors.

Ironic that with all this talk of player payments a clubs second team was able to knock off 2 clubs first X1’s in consecutive weeks who I suspect had 1 or more players on the payroll.

So with 20102/13 done and dusted any early whispers on player moves for next season?

Can anyone confirm the rumour that Glenn has applied for the st kilda coaching role?

Down at the beach we'll lose a couple unfortunately, one to rugby and one for personal reasons..
Any batsmen who want to play for Elwood next year, hit me up! ;)

Chooka; not to detract from your point, but that unbelievably rare feat was achieved only 9 years ago. It's still a fantastic effort. Disappointed to miss the final day of the match. Cleary's innings must've been some sort of knock.

Chooka; not to detract from your point, but that unbelievably rare feat was achieved only 9 years ago. It's still a fantastic effort. Disappointed to miss the final day of the match. Cleary's innings must've been some sort of knock.

My point Mick is that with the quality of Woolnough Shield these days it will be harder and harder to achieve. The Omega team that lost the GF was Longmuir quality IMO as were WP last season.

Was surprised to read in the local rag that this was 6th time the double has been achieved (4 by BUCC, I think the other 2 by ESBC) I guess when you consider the CMCA is 83 years old that still makes it a very rare achievement.

Clearly not a insider Mr Harper, but your level of courage to take pot shots behind your PC rivals that of Sally Robbins & I will be soon :)).

Best thing is, your identity is so obvious, I look forward to seeing you kiss my arse over a beer thinking I don't know who you're, you've done it many times.

So it's official CMCA no more, start of next seaon will see a new name that covers a wider area, some new clubs from other Leagues joining, the exspansion begins.......Phil and his mob have big plans.

Thoughts?

Are you talking about a new competition with a merger of the CMCA and another league, or new boundaries being drawn up which requires that certain clubs are encouraged or forced to play in the new competition?

No boundaries mentioned, Clock, but clubs will receive a recommendation/proposal in the coming weeks for the Association's new name to better reflect its geographic scope. It has also been mentioned that another competition has shown keen interest in a merger. My guess is the FDCA.

Congrats to all award winners on Friday night. Particularly John Adamson. A deserved winner who spoke very well when receiving his award.

SMCA/SEMCA
South/South East Metro CA would be my guess. That would tie in with CV regioning. A few northern & western comps have gone in this direction, and would seem the most logical.

I've never heard anything so ridiculous in my entire life. I mean seriously! The renaming of an established and reputable competition that has been in existence since 1930??? And what are the possible reasons? And further more, what are the benefits? Ask anyone who has connections with cricket in this state and tell them about the ''CMCA"they all say "yeah, strong competition"
Now, when you say you're part of the SEMCA without doubt you'll say...oh it used to be the CMCA!
A message to the board: how about fixing the real issues of the competition. Such as implementing a points system in the senior grades for equality to those clubs who can't pay players tens of thousands of dollars?
Or how about implementing a one-day grade where we can still attract cricketers to our competition but who can't commit to two weekends of cricket?
To the executive I say this: GET REAL!

Back