Cmca 2012/13

Bumble you're perhaps a little stuck in the ice ages, there are clubs out there who find the removal of the one day grade as a positive, to many 2 day players were stepping into one day cricket, now it's gone a lot of one day players have stepped up to 2 day cricket.

And recently established on here, that all clubs are paying players, it comes down to the quality of the recruits.

Also there is nothing wrong with growing the CMCA, more clubs bigger the area thè stronger the competition and tbh the name CMCA is a little out dated and not a true reflection when we have clubs in the comp like Aspendale, Elwood and Carnegie to name a few, I think it is you who needs to get real.

The Afl is still not called the Vfl is it now??

All this amounts to is a name change and the absorption of a tiny junior competition which really caters for other leagues. Once again the CMCA is being asked to oversee the running of junior competitions for other cricket associations i.e. Sub District, VTCA and now clubs that play for the DDCA. Perhaps Cricket Victoria should be asking some of these supposed elite competitions to start paying a management fee to have the CMCA run their futures for them. These clubs spend more money on importing players and paying huge amounts for supposed quality cricketers and just dump their juniors on the CMCA like a creche. There would be a few club Secretaries who will be looking at these new clubs from the Federal League and contemplating the logistics and travel times that will be required, especially since Friday night cricket is all the rage and the old Saturday morning cricket has been consigned to the dust bin of history so we can ofcourse accommodate the Private school cricketers.

Then we have the farcical ‘Hatch’ competition where Sub District clubs basically use this as a rort to try and pinch juniors from CMCA clubs. If we are not careful the CMCA will become the new Federal League only accommodating for junior clubs for other competitions.

Congratulations to a couple of former CMCA players who are currently playing cricket in England. Former Omega keeper Bychkov and former Golfer, Manning. Ofcourse they will only focus on their cricket and not let anything else distract them. Hope they enjoy themselves lucky buggers.

Cannot agree with your term crèche,its what it is, a junior competition in the CMCA. I would agree that the Hatch competition is a competition to pinch players to fill their lower elevens and they do that with VTCA clubs as well.

Rumour has it that young Manning is already in front on the scoreboard from Bychkov without playing a game yet!!! The season starts this weekend so hopefully their focus is back on their cricket and they put a score on the board. Not just the nightclubs.

All this amounts to is a name change and the absorption of a tiny junior competition which really caters for other leagues. Once again the CMCA is being asked to oversee the running of junior competitions for other cricket associations i.e. Sub District, VTCA and now clubs that play for the DDCA. Perhaps Cricket Victoria should be asking some of these supposed elite competitions to start paying a management fee to have the CMCA run their futures for them. These clubs spend more money on importing players and paying huge amounts for supposed quality cricketers and just dump their juniors on the CMCA like a creche. There would be a few club Secretaries who will be looking at these new clubs from the Federal League and contemplating the logistics and travel times that will be required, especially since Friday night cricket is all the rage and the old Saturday morning cricket has been consigned to the dust bin of history so we can ofcourse accommodate the Private school cricketers.

Then we have the farcical ‘Hatch’ competition where Sub District clubs basically use this as a rort to try and pinch juniors from CMCA clubs. If we are not careful the CMCA will become the new Federal League only accommodating for junior clubs for other competitions.

Congratulations to a couple of former CMCA players who are currently playing cricket in England. Former Omega keeper Bychkov and former Golfer, Manning. Ofcourse they will only focus on their cricket and not let anything else distract them. Hope they enjoy themselves lucky buggers.
Be careful what you ask for. Because of the stifling restrictions of the CMCA junior comp multiple turf based clubs [VSDCA and VTCA] and a few established CMCA clubs are proposing a breakaway junior comp. As far as Hatch goes any player who wishes to progress in cricket needs to be exposed in a high grade turf competition. Shea Gribben best recent example. CMCA junior rep program would be nothing without the players from other comps participating. Would the CMCA juniors survive without Elsternwick. Ormond, Brighton, South Districts, Beaumaris, Murrembeena ,Hampton etc, etc, Have a look at the strength of the Friday evening comps and how few teams play juniors on Sat morning.Note the stronger CMCA clubs have moved their juniors to Friday night e.g Bentleigh Uniting. I hope that the CMCA will continue to be a broad based competition allowing players in the local district to play in the strongest local competition in the state regardless of the league of the parent club. This will only allow our region to maintain its reputation as the strongest in the state.

Let’s deal with your points Bright Boy. BTW you sound like a Melbourne supporter Did you attend Brighton Grammar as well?. Rah!

Be careful what you ask for. Because of the stifling restrictions of the CMCA junior comp multiple turf based clubs [VSDCA and VTCA] and a few established CMCA clubs are proposing a breakaway junior comp

Dissatisfaction in the toff ranks? What are the stifling restrictions? No members entrance or chardonnay at the grounds?
So this initiative will be organised by the clubs without the sanction of a cricket association? Then there is the matter of legal indemnity and ofcourse finding suitable grounds. Once again this highlights your ignorance. Organizing a competition is not easy.You require committed people and resources(grounds) are scarce.Maybe if Councils' got rid of some of the usless turf wickets and replaced them with synthetic it might free up some grounds.

VTCA & VSDCA have demonstrated their lack of interest over the past 20 years, so why would they bother now? I also appreciate that it is distressing for parents from Brighton being forced to mix with the masses, but what can you do.

Hatch goes any player who wishes to progress in cricket needs to be exposed in a high grade turf competition. Shea Gribben best recent example.

If you bothered to check you would see that the CMCA has quite a few players already playing for District clubs and guess what they didn’t have to play VSDCA. Maybe you should check some of Shea’s team mates and see who he plays with and where they have come from. But obviously Shea Gribben has infatuated you so keep quoting his name. I repeat Hatch is a competition which was conjured by Sub District Clubs to try and snatch players from the CMCA & VTCA. It has been an abject failure.

CMCA junior rep program would be nothing without the players from other comps participating. Would the CMCA juniors survive without Elsternwick. Ormond, Brighton, South Districts, Beaumaris, Murrembeena ,Hampton etc, etc, Have a look at the strength of the Friday evening comps and how few teams play juniors on Sat morning. Note the stronger CMCA clubs have moved their juniors to Friday night e.g Bentleigh Uniting.

Well last time I checked it was the CMCA that had entered a team not the VTCA or VSDCA. Until such time as you actually run a junior competition you can’t actually enter a team. With respect to your point about the CMCA being so reliant and dependent upon your precious turf clubs, why have the Under 21’s won back to back metropolitan titles?; and on turf mind you. I am pretty sure there were no players from Murrumbeena, Hampton, South Districts, Ormond, Brighton, Beaumaris or Elsternwick in these two teams. Oh I forget this competition is probably beneath your superior standards. The reason that a lot of clubs have moved to Friday night was twofold. One is that the players and parents did not want to have to get up early on Saturday morning and secondly a lot of players were doubling up on the Saturday which was taking its toll. Don’t kid yourself Friday night was a dodge to get the private school kids to play.Only your arrogance make you believe that turf clubs somehow instigated this move.

I hope that the CMCA will continue to be a broad based competition allowing players in the local district to play in the strongest local competition in the state regardless of the league of the parent club. This will only allow our region to maintain its reputation as the strongest in the state

I have no doubt that the CMCA will continue to do a magnificent job carrying the turf associations by running their juniors for them. One of the reason they are being forced to change their name is probably to hide the lack of interest that other superior turf competitons have shown over the past 20-30 years. You just keep going on and believing your own bullshit.

P.S: Just to correct another error about the supposed strong truf clubs:
Under 18 Twighlight Premiership: Mackie def Le Page (both CMCA teams)
Under 16A: Twighlight: Premiership: Mackie def Bentleigh Uniting (both CMCA teams)
Under 16B: Twighlight:premiership: East Sandringham def Hampton United (both CMCA teams)
Under 16C: Twighlight:premiership: Moorabbin def Hampton (Sub District) Yeah.....
Under 16D: Twighlight: Premiership: Omega def Cheltenam/Beaumaris (CMCA)

I could go on but I think I have made my point.

Let’s deal with your points Bright Boy. BTW you sound like a Melbourne supporter Did you attend Brighton Grammar as well?. Rah!

Be careful what you ask for. Because of the stifling restrictions of the CMCA junior comp multiple turf based clubs [VSDCA and VTCA] and a few established CMCA clubs are proposing a breakaway junior comp

Dissatisfaction in the toff ranks? What are the stifling restrictions? No members entrance or chardonnay at the grounds?
So this initiative will be organised by the clubs without the sanction of a cricket association? Then there is the matter of legal indemnity and ofcourse finding suitable grounds. Once again this highlights your ignorance. Organizing a competition is not easy.You require committed people and resources(grounds) are scarce.Maybe if Councils' got rid of some of the usless turf wickets and replaced them with synthetic it might free up some grounds.

VTCA & VSDCA have demonstrated their lack of interest over the past 20 years, so why would they bother now? I also appreciate that it is distressing for parents from Brighton being forced to mix with the masses, but what can you do.

Hatch goes any player who wishes to progress in cricket needs to be exposed in a high grade turf competition. Shea Gribben best recent example.

If you bothered to check you would see that the CMCA has quite a few players already playing for District clubs and guess what they didn’t have to play VSDCA. Maybe you should check some of Shea’s team mates and see who he plays with and where they have come from. But obviously Shea Gribben has infatuated you so keep quoting his name. I repeat Hatch is a competition which was conjured by Sub District Clubs to try and snatch players from the CMCA & VTCA. It has been an abject failure.

CMCA junior rep program would be nothing without the players from other comps participating. Would the CMCA juniors survive without Elsternwick. Ormond, Brighton, South Districts, Beaumaris, Murrembeena ,Hampton etc, etc, Have a look at the strength of the Friday evening comps and how few teams play juniors on Sat morning. Note the stronger CMCA clubs have moved their juniors to Friday night e.g Bentleigh Uniting..

Well last time I checked it was the CMCA that had entered a team not the VTCA or VSDCA. Until such time as you actually run a junior competition you can’t actually enter a team. With respect to your point about the CMCA being so reliant and dependent upon your precious turf clubs, why have the Under 21’s won back to back metropolitan titles?; and on turf mind you. I am pretty sure there were no players from Murrumbeena, Hampton, South Districts, Ormond, Brighton, Beaumaris or Elsternwick in these two teams. Oh I forget this competition is probably beneath your superior standards. The reason that a lot of clubs have moved to Friday night was twofold. One is that the players and parents did not want to have to get up early on Saturday morning and secondly a lot of players were doubling up on the Saturday which was taking its toll. Don’t kid yourself Friday night was a dodge to get the private school kids to play.Only your arrogance make you believe that turf clubs somehow instigated this move.

I hope that the CMCA will continue to be a broad based competition allowing players in the local district to play in the strongest local competition in the state regardless of the league of the parent club. This will only allow our region to maintain its reputation as the strongest in the state

I have no doubt that the CMCA will continue to do a magnificent job carrying the turf associations by running their juniors for them. One of the reason they are being forced to change their name is probably to hide the lack of interest that other superior turf competitons have shown over the past 20-30 years. You just keep going on and believing your own bullshit.

P.S: Just to correct another error about the supposed strong truf clubs:
Under 18 Twighlight Premiership: Mackie def Le Page (both CMCA teams)
Under 16A: Twighlight: Premiership: Mackie def Bentleigh Uniting (both CMCA teams)
Under 16B: Twighlight:premiership: East Sandringham def Hampton United (both CMCA teams)
Under 16C: Twighlight:premiership: Moorabbin def Hampton (Sub District) Yeah.....
Under 16D: Twighlight: Premiership: Omega def Cheltenam/Beaumaris (CMCA)

I could go on but I think I have made my point.

Clocker the Hatch competition has been around for 50 years, and is played all over Melbourne. How can you possibly suggest that it was set up with the intention to "steal" juniors from the CMCA. When it first started it was nothing like the representative competition it is now, it was just junior cricket for the Sub-District Clubs. Do your research champion

Clocker, all season your 'views' have been clouded and misguided. Your stupidity has been overshadowed by your ignorance, but you have outdone yourself this time.
As you are one of 'the few' who remain anonymous on this site, I have refused to give you the time of day. However, there are a host of players playing Premier (not district) Cricket from the CMCA junior competitions who HAVE played Hatch & gone onto VSDCA/VTCA before playing Premier Cricket. It's called a stepping stone in the CV pathway.
All junior cricketers develop at different times, and the Hatch comp is designed to assist those who want to play THE BEST cricket, even if they do develop later in life than others.
And just for the record, Longmuir Shield is a decent standard of cricket - the BEST in the CMCA - NOT the best in Victoria.

Good on you Clock for defending your comp but the slag-offs don't help, they just piss people off.
The name change has apparently been bandied about for a while to represent the area it covers better although I am sure there are various other reasons for it, hopefully admirable ones rather than Big Brother trying to control everything at every level of the game like the AFL does.
The Hatch/Dowling etc. have been around since well before Jimmy was a young fella so at least initially it was created to be an "elite" junior competition, part of the reason for which was for "district" (as it was back in the day) clubs to identify young talent to invite to try out at their local district club, long before the "pathways" programs (another conversation altogether) were developed. I am sure Clocker was not saying that CMCA cricket is at the top of its genre, just that is a respectable sythetic wicket comptetion.
What are the stifling restrictions?? The fact that the comp tries to be fair handed "for all clubs" and accomodating and helpful for both CMCA clubs and clubs from neighbouring competitions? Being affiliated with a body means following their rulings not chucking the bat under your arm every time you don't like what they decide.
As far as a breakaway junior competition, I notice it is all what are regarded as strong clubs looking at this option. This is partricularly why governing bodies like the CMCA are so crucial as they take into account the interest of all clubs not just the ones travelling well at the time. From personal experience from long ago, the ridiculously strong local junior club couldn't give a toss about anyone but themselves and when my "poor" club met to see if we could add a couple of their leftover kids (who there was not enough room for in their 5 existing teams in the age level) to our roster they promptly bent us over like we were Xaviera Hollander, gave us a good rogering and took the 8 kids we did have and added a 6th team. The club in question have regularly played against themselves in various junior grades since then. Gotta have a bit of balance and the greater good in mind sometimes.

Nearly time to start a 2013/14 page isn't it? Or are we waiting for the renaming of the Comp first?
Either way, any murmurs of any player acquisitions/losses/movements?
My grapevine tells me that Uniting 'may' lose Lalor (StKCC coaching role) &/or Russell (Sth Caulfield)... Any truth behind those?

Your full of shit mate. Brghtboy summed it up well
Hey SS, i'd stick to your sub district comments before you interfere with CMCA issues.
Subbies have more than enough problems running their own comp.
Why don't you try and use your talents to try and inprove your sub standard ground, i'm surprised its even considered suitable to play sub district cricket.

Nearly time to start a 2013/14 page isn't it? Or are we waiting for the renaming of the Comp first?
Either way, any murmurs of any player acquisitions/losses/movements?
My grapevine tells me that Uniting 'may' lose Lalor (StKCC coaching role) &/or Russell (Sth Caulfield)... Any truth behind those?

Not happening WIP.
They are already planning for next season.

Hey SS, i'd stick to your sub district comments before you interfere with CMCA issues.
Subbies have more than enough problems running their own comp.
Why don't you try and use your talents to try and inprove your sub standard ground, i'm surprised its even considered suitable to play sub district cricket.
Got nothing to do with Subbies you goose

Back