CMCA - City of Moorabbin

Re: CMCA - City of Moorabbin

Union v Elwood sounded like a top game.....elwood must have looked likely to chase down 358 at some point.....what happened to the machine though?

I don't consider it to be a super league. But history shows, aside from West Bentleigh any Woolnough side seems to struggle in Longy. As for the weekend, the Mackie collapse. There's always one during the year.

There was a time where East Sandy's woolnough team could have gone up. Brighton Central won not long after coming up from wooly. So it's not a hard and fast rule. Could be that it's easier for a club that is pushing for promotion to retain/recruit players than to keep motivating the longy teams that are struggling to scrape a couple of wins for the season.

Melb Wand isn't surprising given the speed of most grounds and the size of theirs.

Interesting that Edi/Asp are in a big hole too. The East Sandy crew reckon the last 2 games have been their weakest Woolnough teams fielded. Bubble burst very early on for Edi/Asp.

Machine are back on track with 6 points wrapped up on day 1 goon. Interesting to see Washington Park are chasing between 290 & 300 for the 3rd consecutive game. They'll struggle against Uniting's attack.

Damien Krotofil;189044 said:
Interesting that Edi/Asp are in a big hole too. The East Sandy crew reckon the last 2 games have been their weakest Woolnough teams fielded. Bubble burst very early on for Edi/Asp.

QUOTE]

Perhaps, but it's a long season, and with their batting lineup I wouldn't be counting them out just yet.

Wishful thinking. Word around is the recruits seem to be old faces who couldn't stand the heat of Longy, but like it when it's that bit easier in Wooly.. poor effort.

Be that as it may they still couldn't bat out the overs against a depleted ES. And then failed to defend it. Moorabbin West might be the early season favourites.

Damien Krotofil;190589 said:
Be that as it may they still couldn't bat out the overs against a depleted ES. And then failed to defend it. Moorabbin West might be the early season favourites.

Fair enough, you know your stuff then.

Can I get hypothetical odds (in your opinion) of Edi Asp making the 4 and playing off in the GF? I really think they can do it this year...

Looks like you've got a fair bit to say Buddhs. Agree about Edi/Asp. They've struggled to get a score against East Sandy and Highett West. Think I'd be qualified enough to say that both attacks are very light on. No disrespect to the HW boys, but they're pretty pedestrian missing 3 of their best 4 bowlers from 06/07. If Kingston Heath can manage to keep the noose from around their necks, I'd back them to win it. There are no stand outs in the grade though. Anyone can win it from the results of the 1st 3 rounds.

I'll go with Kingston and Moorabbin West or Omega. Haven't seen Edi/Asp since they won Woolnough and they haven't done anything to convince they'll be a show.

Like that you've written East Sandy off in Longmuir. 3-0 with a very healthy % and 3 high quality cricketers to come into the side.

Roy;191853 said:
He said it himself on the radioand everyone around east sandy has been talking about it and things he played all his junior cricket there..

All true, though he never confirmed playing. He said, if he plays a game, that's where he'll play. As an East Sandy cricketer, I can categorically confirm that he hasn't made any such commitment after Xmas. It's more a case of people getting excited by Chinese whispers.

Would anyone in the CMCA stand a chance batting against him? Surely it would be a problem for the unlucky 1 or 2 opposing sides dropping points because East Sandy wanted an exhibition match. Maybe they could have an East Sandy (inc Warne.) vs CMCA all-stars (inc another guest cricketer - ? fleming perhaps) match on a Sunday. I'd be down to watch that one.

deadgoon;192038 said:
Would anyone in the CMCA stand a chance batting against him? Surely it would be a problem for the unlucky 1 or 2 opposing sides dropping points because East Sandy wanted an exhibition match. Maybe they could have an East Sandy (inc Warne.) vs CMCA all-stars (inc another guest cricketer - ? fleming perhaps) match on a Sunday. I'd be down to watch that one.

Or bowling to him. Dallas was saying on Saturday that Warne asked the president how many games he needs to play to qualify for finals. Is there any truth to him playing the 20/20 match this Sunday? Another strong rumour is that he is.

TheStraighter1;192286 said:
what a shocking level of cricket. hahhaa. Highly doubt warne would sink down to this low level cricket.

It's where he played his junior cricket numbnuts. He's stated on SEN, if he plays he will play there. Has been down on a number of occasions to watch throughout his career. Not so sure he really cares about the level. One of his mates is captain of the club, so it's highly conceivable. However, nothing's been confirmed.

Uncle Mick;192289 said:
It's where he played his junior cricket numbnuts. He's stated on SEN, if he plays he will play there. Has been down on a number of occasions to watch throughout his career. Not so sure he really cares about the level. One of his mates is captain of the club, so it's highly conceivable. However, nothing's been confirmed.

No denying the fact that it would be a travesty to see SK playing on the hard wickets of the CMCA though.

Perty4;192413 said:
No denying the fact that it would be a travesty to see SK playing on the hard wickets of the CMCA though.

Why so? He's done his bit for cricket. If he wants to give a bit back to his old club and a few old mates, good luck to him. I'm ever the sceptic and don't believe he'll play, but it'd be huge for the local game if he did.

Back