CMCA - City of Moorabbin

Re: CMCA - City of Moorabbin

If KH win, really opens up the 4 (other than MW) with plenty of games between contenders still to come.

Kingston Heath aren't overly flash with the willow. You can set Manning up trying to cut the ball. It's his strength and his weakness - if you don't get him early he can get a lot of runs. Edgeworth can hold an end but is streaky and the rest will get themselves out bowling a decent line/length. They fell right away when the heat was on last year winning 1 of their last 4 games, dropping from first to be bundle out in straight sets. Bowling's honest, but nothing spectacular. Having said that Woolnough's dropped right off in the last 5 years. Not much of a talent pool.

Be prepared for the greatest bowler of the modern era to grace the field at Chisholm Reserve tomorrow afternoon gents.

So Im dying to know, how did SK go?

Edi Asp won a close one against Kingston Heath to consolidate 2nd spot.

Who's SK?

Massive round of upsets in Longy. Can't work out how a side can be restricted to 98 off the allotted overs. Very poor batting performance.

Don't play dumb Flahvie. You tried to pump up Warney playing for you guys. Big round on the weekend. Every game could have a bearing on the finals make up.

You woolnough boys have the big one this week too. Who gets the bragging rights going into week one of the finals?

Edi Asp made 7/249 against top side Moorabin West. Not enough one may suspect against the top side, but im sure Edi Asp's young side will give it all they can.

Congrats DK on making 70% of your teams score. Outstanding effort.

Perty4;206124 said:
Edi Asp made 7/249 against top side Moorabin West. Not enough one may suspect against the top side, but im sure Edi Asp's young side will give it all they can.

Congrats DK on making 70% of your teams score. Outstanding effort.

Cheers. Slowest ground I've ever seen. Lush all over.

Looks like Edi/Asp are coming straight back up. Is Woolnough really weak or have they recruited well? From what we've heard they haven't icked up anyone that hasn't played CMCA cricket before. Looks like we'll see a yo-yo effet from all sides coming out of Woolnough.

ANA choked when the pressure was put on them and so did Union on the weekend. Spent the big $$$ for their big year and won't play finals.

Damien Krotofil;209433 said:
Cheers. Slowest ground I've ever seen. Lush all over.

Looks like Edi/Asp are coming straight back up. Is Woolnough really weak or have they recruited well? From what we've heard they haven't icked up anyone that hasn't played CMCA cricket before. Looks like we'll see a yo-yo effet from all sides coming out of Woolnough.

ANA choked when the pressure was put on them and so did Union on the weekend. Spent the big $$$ for their big year and won't play finals.

i have just finished reading this crap for the first time and i have never read such crap from someone who plays for a club that last tasted success in the mid 80,s and for a club that has promised so much and delivered very little you have a very big head as for what you and flahive say about woolnough i dont think you really know what you are talking about especially flahive who maybe a good bowler but yet to be proven anywhere but woolnough so pull your head in mick and as for you buddha has there been any games this year when you were about to lose and decided to walk off as it was too hot to play edi/asp wont have all their own way against mwcc ,mwcc had 2 bowlers out 1 bowler had to leave with 20 overs to go as his mum died and mwcc dropped 9 catches so in effect mwcc should only have been chasing 160 so i think it should be a good finals series with k/h and esbc in it as well any of these teams would be worthy of a go in longmuir no matter who finishes last omega carnegie whoever if the rule is good for one it is good for another you wouldnt have bottsy if clubs didnt go down

Get off it. Moorabbin West had 2 bowlers out? They haven't got a bowler and won't be any good in Longy with 1 and half bats they've got. Dropping 9 catches is no excuse. Poor cricket from a poor club. Edi/Asp are the same in respect to Longmuir Shield. There's nothing good enough to come up from Woolnough if those 2 clubs are the benchmark. Good dig at the Machine. We'll see what happens in the next few weeks. We've already heard how worried East Sandy are. Have a look at Flahvie's year too fella. Even I didn't think he was that flash until this year. He bowled well against us and has been taking wickets in the last few games.

thanks for the words of encouragement the boys will love it more so when we play you next year if you can hold your spot then again it maybe too hot for you again. i never said flahive is a bad bowler i said he was a good bowler but as they say 1 summer doesnt mean your a great bowler it helps to be a left hander ask dave stanley not a great bowler but a left hander who got wickets as for saying mwcc is a poor club a bit harsh coming from the machine who rate as 1 of the biggest bunch of overrated bigheads i ever had the displeasure of playing against which is unfortunate as you have had some great players over the years who like you guys at the moment didnt quite reach the top of the mountain and due to your arrogance probably never will maybe if some of you pulled your heads out of your asses nice guys like jumbo might have finally something to celebrate so good luck in the finals and i hope esbcc arent to scared so they cant belt your ordinary attack all over chisolm reserve

Do I even need to reply to this rabble? Flahvie's not a great bowler. He's just honest without being anything special.
As for 'encouragement', we look forward to the challenge against East Sandy in 2 weeks. I'm pretty sure we just mowed down last year's premiers while your boys choked chasing 200. Good luck to East Sandy. They obviously did well on the weekend. Their 2's might even be good enough to send you packing in straight sets. Unless you plan on switching clubs, I'd suggest I won't see you until you're watching us playing finals again next season - while it's 'too hot', might I add.

emcliza;211614 said:
thanks for the words of encouragement the boys will love it more so when we play you next year if you can hold your spot then again it maybe too hot for you again. i never said flahive is a bad bowler i said he was a good bowler but as they say 1 summer doesnt mean your a great bowler it helps to be a left hander ask dave stanley not a great bowler but a left hander who got wickets as for saying mwcc is a poor club a bit harsh coming from the machine who rate as 1 of the biggest bunch of overrated bigheads i ever had the displeasure of playing against which is unfortunate as you have had some great players over the years who like you guys at the moment didnt quite reach the top of the mountain and due to your arrogance probably never will maybe if some of you pulled your heads out of your asses nice guys like jumbo might have finally something to celebrate so good luck in the finals and i hope esbcc arent to scared so they cant belt your ordinary attack all over chisolm reserve

Gone awfully quiet since you choked on Sunday. That's twice in 3 weeks they've had your measure. Have fun in Woolnough for another year.

Again making a grand final does not mean you have won one. win it then brag nuffy our hopes are not finished yet unlike you we have ticker which helps there are only 2 players playing from that pitiful performance against esbc a few years ago so that wont be a problem . just like you we still have a chance to make a grand final maybe win 1 who knows but i know i have played in a winning 1s grand final you havent so im one up on you quite honestly i dont think you will beat hccc this week you dont have the bowlers to keep them from scoring big park is ok but the rest i wouldnt give you 2 bob for bottsy ok but he bowled us to woolnough and doesnt have the ticker to come with the goods when its needed i hope you make it as it will be good to celebrate our flag with your misery and get a crack at you guys next year well batted on the weekend by the way but you have to back it up now just like us

emcliza;213051 said:
Again making a grand final does not mean you have won one. win it then brag nuffy our hopes are not finished yet unlike you we have ticker which helps there are only 2 players playing from that pitiful performance against esbc a few years ago so that wont be a problem . just like you we still have a chance to make a grand final maybe win 1 who knows but i know i have played in a winning 1s grand final you havent so im one up on you quite honestly i dont think you will beat hccc this week you dont have the bowlers to keep them from scoring big park is ok but the rest i wouldnt give you 2 bob for bottsy ok but he bowled us to woolnough and doesnt have the ticker to come with the goods when its needed i hope you make it as it will be good to celebrate our flag with your misery and get a crack at you guys next year well batted on the weekend by the way but you have to back it up now just like us

Who does this gimp play for? If you play for M West I will laugh.

i do mate and played against you and seen you fail lots you and your brother are very good bats but i wish your sometimes keep your bull******** to your self and let your cricket do the talking and quit gobbing off all the time yes we have all had our day in the sun in longmuir and yes had some good days and bad days but you and some of your team mates have spoken too much crap at times with stuff all to back it up we have all made runs and got wickets on our days in longy but until you and i mean you and your team mates do something in the finals and then gob off and then maybe just maybe some of us just might show you some respect as you keep telling me success is the be all and end all ive had it but i dont blab off about it get awin in 2 weeks time and i will be the first to congratulate you but until you do dont gob off if you have a look at what you have said on this thats all you have done good luck this week and next if you get their remember though mwcc have made a grand final in the last 10 years does not matter how they went they played in one and yousaid out in straight sets you have a short memory what happened when gary scott coached you as i said good luck until next time go westers:D

Gee, a fair bit of sh*t being flung. You are all aware we're only park cricketers?!

Must be pretty happy with the form your boys are in Buddhs. Should be a cracking game this weekend against Centrals. Oh, and thanks for the 'honest' words mate. We all know I'm a batsman these days anyway.;)

Dunno about Edi/Asp cos I last saw them a few years ago the year they went up, but I'd be confident in stating Moorabbin West will struggle in Longy. Macca and the Worker boys are good enough, but from what I saw last year, they'll struggle as a side relying heavily on those 3 players. Dealy won't be there next year and I don't know much about Thornton, who Shane has pumped up a bit, so it'd be a very optimistic individual that says MW can cut it in the top flight. Having said that, hopefully our magoos will get the job done and the club can have a crack at the Longy/Woolnough double.

Anyone else noticed that Kingston Heath have now lost their last 3 finals? Aside from a certain individual that loves to cut the ball, I rate them pretty highly as a bunch of blokes, but there'd have to be concerns over dominating for 2 years and failing in March.

so now moorabbin west are in the granny. they will prob want to go up to longy. who do you think will get relegated omega or carnegie sth??
omega have young talent with glenn beckett, their opening bowler chris clement and their spinner steve mitchell plus a good bunch of middle talent. and with tim malane and leon mcgaw. surely they cannot be relegated before carnegie who have struggled in their last two season. what are peoples thoughts?

Right Hand Bat;214133 said:
so now moorabbin west are in the granny. they will prob want to go up to longy. who do you think will get relegated omega or carnegie sth??
omega have young talent with glenn beckett, their opening bowler chris clement and their spinner steve mitchell plus a good bunch of middle talent. and with tim malane and leon mcgaw. surely they cannot be relegated before carnegie who have struggled in their last two season. what are peoples thoughts?

Carnegie South could plead a similar case on young talent. Their ground is the worst in Longmuir Shield though. Definitely not worthy of the top grade. Guess it's up to the powers that be to weigh up the pros and cons for each side and make their decision.

Well done to Moorabbin West on making Shane Deal's decision very easy to leave next season. What a joke. 6 overs 1/1 and 3 overs for 15 in the last 2 finals. Shows how f'ing stupid the hierarchy are down at Widdop. What a waste!

basically a mickey mouse comp played on run down parks on carpet. Not for the serious cricketer.

Back