CMCA- Ommies to remain in top grade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CMCA- Ommies to remain in top grade

Pothitos made no secret of the fact he wants the top job else he'll see what's on offer around town. Or are you alluding to another of the premier bats??

Uncle Mick;352724 said:
Pothitos made no secret of the fact he wants the top job else he'll see what's on offer around town. Or are you alluding to another of the premier bats??

Uncle,
Don't you luv local footy where you can run into all the gossip mungers, '' like ourselves'' and pick up the latest.
It was a good weekend, lets just say these are only rumors though?
The Bott's story may have something to do with apparent appointment of the new C&C at the oasis?
Down at vandal park, the ex coach may be looking for a gig in Woolly for the remainder of his career, would be a good pick up if the '' price is right ''.
Down at the beach, they have raised the cabbage to get their man, it seems the same old huff and puff like last season, i'd be surprised if he left after being compensated last season under the bombers salery cap.
The lure of the captaincy remains the stickler?????
Also fresh of the lips were suggestions of a '' not required '' player down at Widdop, perhaps seeking a new home or possibly returning to his umpire duties once again.
Good to finally meet you Merl, '' if that was who you really were '' keep up the good work, the legend becomes clearer.:D:confused:

Hope he doesn't mind me saying so, but Botts (of the A variety) hasn't made a decision. Is meeting with Mackie in the near future. Dean, is apparently staying on board at the oasis. Might want to confirm with your source, Merl. You're normally a lot better than that.

Which player has been told they're not required at MW?

And the vandal park ex-coach? We're not talking of the child, are we? What Woolnough club would be silly enough? As much as he offers as a cricketer, no club wants to be represented by an individual who carries on in the manner he does on a public forum.

Haven't heard any news on a new captain/coach. Would you like to inform me who this apparent person is meant to be? It's not you is it Archie?

Sugar;352722 said:
Merl, in 15 weeks of being overseas during the the AFL seasons of 2005-2009, the Dees have won only one game... being the Brisbane one pointer last year. Looking forward to the showcase this Friday night against the Bombers... reading all the negative post mortems on Saturday will fill my day. We'll share a cucumber sandwich and a glass of Pims in the Long Room before long.

As for the CMCA, if true, then losing the Bott's will leave a huge hole in Mackie's attack. Will Craig Park be bowling more than 36 overs in a day?

Hearing also that one of the premier bats in the competition is throwing his business card around, coincidentally at the same time discussions for the club's senior coach are being formalised.

Amongst these items, I can guarantee that a lot of activity is going on this winter.

Unless the Executive have changed the rules without telling the clubs(which is not unrealistic based on last season's events) I am fairly certain you cannot bowl more than 72 overs in a Longmuir innings.Therefore it follows that Park cannot bowl more than 36 overs.I suppose he could try bowling from both ends.Would the umpires notice?

Bottsy;352733 said:
Haven't heard any news on a new captain/coach. Would you like to inform me who this apparent person is meant to be? It's not you is it Archie?

Good to hear from you Bottsy, you must have been sitting at the keyboard ready to fire back.
As i said, you hear all sorts of stories at the local footy, so i'll just say that i'm told that your new leader this year on and off the paddock in a duel role is DK as C&C.
Hope you fit into his plans, you're certainly fitter than him i think.
I'm all for home grown appointments, so good luck to him.

Uncle Mick;352732 said:
Hope he doesn't mind me saying so, but Botts (of the A variety) hasn't made a decision. Is meeting with Mackie in the near future. Dean, is apparently staying on board at the oasis. Might want to confirm with your source, Merl. You're normally a lot better than that.

And the vandal park ex-coach? We're not talking of the child, are we? What Woolnough club would be silly enough? As much as he offers as a cricketer, no club wants to be represented by an individual who carries on in the manner he does on a public forum.

Uncle,
The player in question about his services has played there before, he came across from a club further central than MWCC.
I think he got a coaching gig last season down near the wineries, maybe Merl has got it right after sharing the juices of the grapes.
As for Vandal Park, no the child didn't play there Uncle, i'm talking about our friends in the light blue caps.

Uncle Mick;352732 said:

Uncle Mick,

As I enter the nervous nineties on the way to yet another merlot ton ( even if it has been a while between drinks ( runs ) ) let me just clarify.

The son of the well known lever on a gun has been shown the door with the services not required.Same moniker as the Herald sun journalist.Need any more clues!

My source which has been impeccable in the past said and I quote

Young Bott was not happy as he didn't get a go with all those well proportioned medium pacers , so got the tea towell on the head,watered the camel,mounted and said yeah ha let's go from the oasis to the dusty desert of Widdop cres.Bott the older pipes up if little brother isn't happy I'm up onto the second camel hump and out of here as well.Source is one of the best in the business but who nows it could be a plan to expose old Merl I better keep the wits about me.

Merl has had a pretty good strike rate, the child has been knocked down for the count,Burger has been unheard of since that Fisher character made him look stupid,Gold Caps are still with the hibernation bears,the fiscal one has the end of the financial year to contend with,Quilton has been flushed away as a one post wonder,and a former short stocky champion opening bowler is still no closer to establishing who Merl really is.

Archie was that really you in alcohol haze I found myself in the other evening don't really remember much about the evening maybe you could fill me in but am very grateful for the taxi driver to get me home to merlot mansion.

Clock

Are we going to get some more sides after you graphic Elwood analysis or are you keeping us in anticipation again.

Adam,

What chance the Go Dees against the hang gliders this week?

Time marches on until next time ............................. Merlot

Merlot, I do not know or care who you are but do not put heresay associated with my brother on this website again. He is very happy at Mackie and the chances that he has had. He his fastly becoming one of the better spinners in the comp and his batting is getting better every year.

Hope to hear from you when you have some better and more reliable sources.

Get back into your wine cask!

Now Jughead I think that's a moniker commonly used to describe you,

This forum is a place to tease out and confirm the information flying around.You have now verified what we all wanted to know ie there is no camel train leaving the oasis.It took a while to get it out of you but thanks we can now rest easy knowing you will be perched under a nice palm tree just off Mackie Rd!

Merl usually drinks from the finest crystal , however it could have been acrlyic potts if my supposed drinking spree with Archie is true.By the way what is a wine cask I am not sure one has darken door steps at Merlot mansion.

Best wishes for the season I hope the machine can finally kick into gear and if Craig Park bowls 36 overs do you think you could bowl the other 36?

Until next time........................................... Merlot

Archie Roach;352898 said:
Uncle,
The player in question about his services has played there before, he came across from a club further central than MWCC.
I think he got a coaching gig last season down near the wineries, maybe Merl has got it right after sharing the juices of the grapes.
As for Vandal Park, no the child didn't play there Uncle, i'm talking about our friends in the light blue caps.

My apologies Arch. I'd confused Vandal Park with a reference to Uniting as the first time I saw the moniker was not long after they were alleged to have vandalised Gold Cap Park to hold onto a double chance a couple of seasons ago. I take it a certain barista at a Charman Rd cafe is looking for his 4th club in 6-7 years....?

I had deduced from an earlier post making reference to umpiring that fanta pants was the man in question, but with a bit of inside knowledge thanks to a source that may have left with him, I was of the belief they were committed to 2 years down at Delacombe Park. Having seen his contributions and the sides performance last season I'm not surprised they haven't renewed his "contract" and he's seeking solace back at the old firm. As for coming from from a club further central, I believe his previous club would be that of my current club. As the story goes;
Whilst umpiring a HWCC game, he decided I could do with his sage advice in between balls (not sure this was in the umpire's manual??). He then decided after the game that he would take on a mentoring role as a player and lasted all of 1 game before abusing a fellow BBQ plater in a match against ANA. Receiving 2 matches suspension he was then found to be allocated a game back in the BBQ plate uniform the following week. The next sighting of him in a cricket capacity was as a player for the Widdop Cres folk. Only in the CMCA.....

And Merl, as I suggested..... your impeccable source is no longer. My information was first hand as you can see in the most recent of posts on this forum. Nervous nineties perhaps...?

Uncle Mick;352970 said:
My apologies Arch. I'd confused Vandal Park with a reference to Uniting as the first time I saw the moniker was not long after they were alleged to have vandalised Gold Cap Park to hold onto a double chance a couple of seasons ago. I take it a certain barista at a Charman Rd cafe is looking for his 4th club in 6-7 years....?

I had deduced from an earlier post making reference to umpiring that fanta pants was the man in question, but with a bit of inside knowledge thanks to a source that may have left with him, I was of the belief they were committed to 2 years down at Delacombe Park. Having seen his contributions and the sides performance last season I'm not surprised they haven't renewed his "contract" and he's seeking solace back at the old firm. As for coming from from a club further central, I believe his previous club would be that of my current club. As the story goes;
Whilst umpiring a HWCC game, he decided I could do with his sage advice in between balls (not sure this was in the umpire's manual??). He then decided after the game that he would take on a mentoring role as a player and lasted all of 1 game before abusing a fellow BBQ plater in a match against ANA. Receiving 2 matches suspension he was then found to be allocated a game back in the BBQ plate uniform the following week. The next sighting of him in a cricket capacity was as a player for the Widdop Cres folk. Only in the CMCA.....

And Merl, as I suggested..... your impeccable source is no longer. My information was first hand as you can see in the most recent of posts on this forum. Nervous nineties perhaps...?

Uncle,

Beautiful work, you should be on crimestoppers, and as usual, you're on the money.
I think the barista only wants cabbage to play, as his time is limited due to mulling up all those beans in the mulimix.
I also believe that it was mutual from the light blue power brokers that it might be time.
Not sure if any Wooly club will take the bait though?
What do you think? What about your boys uncle? Need a 300 run bat?
Not sure what old Fanta is going to do now, Maybe the '' good old two blues ''
just a bit central from mwcc will be interested, he could offer some good advise to Maysie, i'm sure?

We couldn't afford to pay a power bill at season's end, let alone offer some hard-earned for a batsman. Besides, we had 4 players score 300 runs last season. I'd say we're short on bowlers and some of the folding stuff.

All due respect to the man christened with the same name as the child, but I can't see what he offers to any Woolnough side. He's certainly not capable of a consistent contribution on the field in the grade. That much is obvious if his "home" club doesn't want his services.

i dont think brett is the one looking for the 4th club in 6-7 years. the 2 previous and 1 current club would be brighton union, edi-asp and west bentleigh. show me the money

gold caps untouchable in 2009/10 to go 8 from 9

cask wine has improved lately so its best it remains with queen adelaide, matty lang or similar drops

good to see it has worked out the name as it would be very difficult to flush a doona

after the worst longmuir performance in history i cant see hampton central making the four in woolnough let alone winning the flag

We'll slow it down for you, Quilton.

The barista was whom I'd made reference to in the cash for batsman talk. The same person your refer to by the 3 clubs you've named.
I then went on to suggest fanta pants has nothing to offer a Woolnough club (i.e Centrals) as it was suggested by Archie that he give Maysie some advice.

I'll agree the Gold Caps are raging favourites to make it 8 from 9. Centrals rely heavily on "Crazy Maysie" and if he's fit, then you can lock them in for early favouritism. Don't be surprised if Burger bourbons decides another Woolnough flag is on offer and suddenly finds he has more time to play the 2 day game suring up their batting stocks.

For a quick lesson on the Quilton family history you may want to check out the following link:

Quilton Loves Your Bum! ? Web & Marketing Expert Advice

Pays to know your bloodlines....

Uncle Mick;352970 said:
He then decided after the game that he would take on a mentoring role as a player and lasted all of 1 game before abusing a fellow BBQ plater in a match against ANA.

Mick, I remember that day well. The boy from Cheltenham didn't like my batting (fair enough) and following a bit of baiting, he couldn't help himself resulting in an unintelligent spray that resulted in the tribunal appearance.

Didn't take much. It was also the year they introduced the rule where the captain can get weeks as well. Fair to say I was largely unimpressed with having to front the tribunal for something I tried to control as much as humanly possible.
Just another game I fell victim to the Sugar train too, if I recall. I think last season was the first time I'd been out to someone other than your good self in a long while.

South Eastern Suburbs club seeking oustanding spinner/batsman/Ass. Coach in excellent standard turf comp. Top line remuneration available. PM for more details.

SEASON REVIEW PART 2

Omega:The motto for the Carlton Football club for the 2009 season was ‘they know we are coming’. There are similies with Omega; not as public as the Blues, but mentioned in silent whispers within the enclosures of the Bricker club rooms.There is a swagger about Omega bordering on cockiness, and lack of confidence in their ability is not one of their shortcomings.Just ask them.

The 2007-2008 season saw Omega finish stone motherless last and at the mercy of a Woolnough club and the Executive as to whether they would remain in the top level.It is the genesis of this blog:‘Ommies to remain in top grade’.History shows that they stayed up and there was vigorous debate within CMCA circles.I have always wondered whether the Executive considered implenting the ‘ANA’ precedence by offering Moorabbin West a position in Longmuir after Aspendale-Edithvale wisely passed on accepting promotion.Clearly Moorabbin West met the required criteria which ANA outlined when they out manouvered the hapless Cheltenham Park.

The appointment of the well credentialed and experienced Clinton Ferguson was seen as the perfect appointment to guide a young Longmuir team through their development phase over the next few years.It was also hoped that he would fill the void left by the depature of the disgruntled Ivan Delac to the Hooped ones.This defection still leaves a bitter taste in many mouths down at Omega and will not be forgotten in a hurry.A trim tort and fitter Tim Malane stepped up to the challenge and led by example. An intensive pre season ensued and whilst not predicting finals were quietly confident of a vast improvement. A nail biting win against Carnegie South in the opening round got them off the mark albeit in an unconvincing manner. A second round against the highly fancied Hoops produced an interesting match.Defending 162, Omega had the hooped one reeling at 7/107 and an upset was looming. Unfortunately they were unable to sustain the pressure and a few dropped catches cost them dearly as the were passed 8 down.An honourable defeat, however any skipper will tell you that there is no such thing.It is still a loss.

A round 3 encounter with Washington resulted in another disappointing defeat, although they managed to post a respectable 243, chasing the Sharks 9/272. A 4th round encounter against the rampaging Elwood looked ominous, however they did well to dismiss them for 213 with 7 overs remaining.Unfortunately they were unable to chase down the score and fell short being dismissed for 192. Another disappointing defeat against ANA,after being 1/31 then collapsing to 7/107 and managed to muster 162.ANA passed the score 4 down and Omega was faced with at 1-4 record.A one day match against Mackie loomed thanks to a rain in week 1 of Round 6. Mackie, having escaped with a tie against West Bentleigh in the previous round were considered certainties and whilst they physically attended Bricker Reserve their minds were elsewhere and Omega took them to the sword and dismissed a disgraceful Mackie for 86 with 7 overs remaining.After a nervous start at 4/14 Omega eventually passed the score without too many dramas and ensured that Mackie’s season was in turmoil and eventually was to cost them a place in the finals.A further loss to Le Page in Round 7 after chasing a modest 9/159 was very disappointing and again their middle order collapsed to be 6/80 and they did well to get as close as they did making 9/154. A meeting with the juggernaut in Round 8 threatened to become ugly, and East Sandy compiled a 5/264 from their 38 overs and effectively ended the match.Omega responded with 9/165.A further loss to West Bentleigh left Omega with a 2-7 record and still not out of the woods from a possible relegation battle. The round 10 encounter against Bentleigh Uniting saw Omega reeling at 7/79. The skipper kept working and finally managed to guide Omega to a very respectable 201, of which he contributed 111 not out.Uniting were frustrated and dropped a few catches which further exacerbated their position. Many words were exchanged within the group which probably summed up their season. The game was abandoned due to the heat and what became known as ‘Black Saturday’ and effectively ensured that Omega would not finish last.The final round against the hapless Hampton Central promised to be an interesting affair, mainly to see if Centrals could break their duck. Omega batted first and compiled a massive 6/345, and in response Hampton Central made a gallant 291. A total of 636 runs from two teams which struggled to make runs during the season.

Omega is in a rebuilding phase and it will take time for them to develop their team.The batting is clearly a problem in failing to occupy the crease for their allotted overs and incurring regular collapses which places them on the backfoot in trying to salvage an innings.The statistics show that they have three batsman in the top 50:Clinton Ferguson. Tim Malane & Glen Beckett.Between them they made 44% of their runs for the season. Their bowling attack has been viewed as pedestrian at times and could do with the addition of a penetrating bowler. Interesting that the astute calculating figure of Neil Vorbach lingers in the background at Omega. He has opted to step aside from senior coaching duties after being offered the ANA job last season and fending offers from a few clubs post season. He has elected to spend time coaching the Omega juniors which can only be an advantage for the club.Where this will lead in the future is open to conjecture, however I would not be surprised if one day in the not too distant future he returns, possibly with a youthful team who have cut their teeth in Longmuir and ready to challenge the juggernaut.

Until next time….

Uncle Mick,

The forum you and I are supposed to own, has suddenly come alive with the sound of posts.Maybe we could syndicate it and sell shares.One swallow doesn't make a summer and we can all have the occassional slip up and Merl will just have to tripple check not double check before publication.Anyway we got jug head to spill the beans and give us an answer.
Is it the real B or the fake B that Archie has taking over the reins at the oasis?Could be a massive pre season nearly ground breaking you would think?Will the earth move?

Clocker another great oratory but I doubt we will see the ommies in the blues we are coming t/Shirts.

Quilton

Your limited knowledge again is shown up with Uncle Mick's post and no wonder you heavily support the child in your posts.You may consider yourself a doona however I see you as more disposable and flushable after reading the link information.Nice to see you visit the forum again.Have you started your pre season yet?

The forum has gain a bit of promenience with the south east mob looking for a player.Maybe the child could be on the move again unless the Marantha mob have made him an offer too good to refuse?

Time for a bit of shut eye until next time ..............................Merlot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back