Country Week 2009/2010

cheer_cheer

Country Week 2009/2010

The GCA have put out an initial squad for the Country Week for this season, which will be trimmed down to 13 for the carniva.

Adam Marsland (Geelong City)

Adam Pitts (Geelong City)

Andrew Baars (East Belmont)

Andrew Fergusson (Modewarre)

Barry Tsitas (Grovedale)

Becker Nguyen (East Belmont)

Ben Smiljanic (Thomson)

Brad Hauenstein (South Barwon)

Brendan Meagher (Geelong City)

Brett Anderton (South Barwon)

Chris Bambury (Lara)

Damien Hester (South Barwon)

Damien Koliba (Newcomb & Dist)

Daniel Fanning (St Josephs)

Danny Hughes (Lara)

David Morgan (St Josephs)

Drew Allen (East Belmont)

Gareth Yelland (Grovedale)

Gary Kelson (Grovedale)

Glen Talarico (Geelong West)

Heath Bush (Bell Post Hill)

Michael Kelson (Grovedale)

Mike Chapple (Geelong West)

Nick Peterson (Grovedale)

Rod Kiddle (Leopold)

Sam Hall (North Geelong)

Sam Loftus (Geelong West)

Scott Lindsay (Geelong City)

Simon Anderson (Newcomb & Dist)

Steve Illingworth (St Peters)

Tim Clark (Newtown)

Travis Faulkhead (Bell Post Hill)

Any surprise inclusions or notable absentees ?

Re: Country Week 2008/2009

Stiff
Alex Stanley (Newtown)
Shaun Hooley (East Belmont)
Rhys Zanoni (Leopold)
Andrew Hodgson (St Joeys)

Could be some fun changeroom antics if Ando and Tsitas get picked.

thommy_rissole;280953 said:
Alex Stanley (Newtown)

Great Squad hopefully everyone makes themselves available for once.
It does show the gap between div1 and 2 though doesn't it with just 2 div2 players in the squad. I though there'd be a few more.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;280958 said:
It does show the gap between div1 and 2 though doesn't it with just 2 div2 players in the squad. I though there'd be a few more.

There is no-one in Division 2 good enough to play in front of someone in the squad who is from Division 1.

Think they've got it pretty right.

thommy_rissole;280961 said:
There is no-one in Division 2 good enough to play in front of someone in the squad who is from Division 1.

Can overseas players play? if so thought Bourke from Torquay would of got in.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;280964 said:
Can overseas players play? if so thought Bourke from Torquay would of got in.

I was sounded out last time i was here, but my feelings are generally that it should be for local players only. Mr Rissole is right too regarding Div 1 players.

so you dont think smelly is better than anyone in that squad from Div 1, :eek:

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;280958 said:

crktluva;281057 said:
so you dont think smelly is better than anyone in that squad from Div 1, :eek:

I was reiterating SBoW's point that there is a gap between Division 1 & 2.

So in theory i was saying that outside of the initial squad there is no-one from Division 2 who is better credentialed to be in the squad over someone who is in the squad from Division 1.

As picked up on by AB1.

maybe the little bald bulldog scown was a bit stuff, dominating with the ball this year. and i agree with rissole, hodgy and stanley bit stiff as well. congrats to becker, 16 year old kid maken that squad is a tremendous effort

thommy_rissole;281097 said:
I was reiterating SBoW's point that there is a gap between Division 1 & 2.

So in theory i was saying that outside of the initial squad there is no-one from Division 2 who is better credentialed to be in the squad over someone who is in the squad from Division 1.

As picked up on by AB1.

that might be what you meant to say rissole, but read your comment and you will see why i made my comment. dont call me a names when you are wrong.

Let's break it down shall we:

SBoW was referring to the amount of players in the squad from Division 1 as apposed to Division 2. So i was voicing my opinion as to why this is the case. As you may or may not be aware there is a slight difference between the 2 Divisions.

Here is what i said: -

Think they've got it pretty right

There is no-one in Division 2
So no single player from Division 2

good enough to play in front of
they are not better

someone in the squad who is from Division 1
they are already in the squad and they are in Division 1

selectors did a good job

So here's my spin on things again
There is no player from Division 2, who deserves a spot ahead of a Division 1 player who is in the squad.

thommy_rissole;280953 said:
Stiff
Alex Stanley (Newtown)
Rhys Zanoni (Leopold)
Andrew Hodgson (St Joeys)

that would be painful. him and sooky yelland. both painful. watu reckon harper?????????? u know them both intimately.:eek:

thommy_rissole;281242 said:
Let's break it down shall we:

SBoW was referring to the amount of players in the squad from Division 1 as apposed to Division 2. So i was voicing my opinion as to why this is the case. As you may or may not be aware there is a slight difference between the 2 Divisions.

Here is what i said: -

There is no-one in Division 2
So no single player from Division 2

good enough to play in front of
they are not better

someone in the squad who is from Division 1
they are already in the squad and they are in Division 1

selectors did a good job

So here's my spin on things again
There is no player from Division 2, who deserves a spot ahead of a Division 1 player who is in the squad.

so ill say it again you youre still saying then that B.Smiljanic is not better than any div 1 player in that squad, its simple, yes or no. if no i disagree. i cnat make it any easier for you.

crktluva;281378 said:
so ill say it again you double peanut, youre still saying then that B.Smiljanic is not better than any div 1 player in that squad, its simple, yes or no. if no i disagree. i cnat make it any easier for you.

Double peanut :rolleyes: nice one.

B.Smiljanic is excluded because he is already in the squad, does the complexity of the english language often effect you?

The whole basis of my point had nothing to do with Smiljanic or any player in the squad who is from Division 2 (the other being S.Illingworth).

I'll answer your off-track question: Smelly is better than the majority of players in the initial squad and i think if available he would be in the slected XI.

But i still don't think you can comprehend my point, unlike most people in here.

Once again SBoW was referring to the difference in standard between Division 1 & 2.

I will now spell it out for you.

There is no player from Division 2, who deserves a spot in the squad over someone who is from Division 1 who is already in the squad.

I'll give you a demostration.

Take myself as an example.

Eg: Sean O'Neill doesn't deserve to be in the squad over any of the players who are in the squad already who are from Division 1.

So get all the players in a list who are from Division 1 who are in the squad.
Put my name next to them.
I am not worthy of being picked in front of them.

If you can't follow that then i think you need to re-evaluate a few things.

thommy_rissole;281389 said:
B.Smiljanic is excluded because he is already in the squad does the complexity of the english language often effect you?

The whole basis of my point had nothing to do with Smiljanic or any player in the squad who is from Division 2 (the other being S.Illingworth).

I'll answer your off-track question: Smelly is better than the majority of players in the initial squad and i think if available he would be in the slected XI.

But i still don't think you can comprehend my point, unlike most people in here.

Once again SBoW was referring to the difference in standard between Division 1 & 2.

I will now spell it out for you.

There is no player from Division 2, who deserves a spot in the squad over someone who is from Division 1 who is already in the squad.

I'll give you a demostration.

Take myself as an example.

Eg: Sean O'Neill doesn't deserve to be in the squad over any of the players who are in the squad already who are from Division 1.

So get all the players in a list who are from Division 1 who are in the squad.
Put my name next to them.
I am not worthy of being picked in front of them.

If you can't follow that then i think you need to re-evaluate a few things.

haha crktluva, you've officially been rissoled!

Since you are both essentially arguing the same point, perhaps you should stop before one of you is a-salted :D

Thank you, I'll be here all week

rissole rissole rissole, you silly little boy, read your original comment and you will see where you have gone off the rails. as for difference in Div 1 and 2, id say ive played enough of both over the years to know. im officially not wasting any more time with people who have an iq well below their batting averages. good bye.

rissole rissole rissole, read your original comment and you will see, if you read and think about it where you went off the rails. im officially over this topic. no longer commenting on posts by people who have iq's below their batting average. good bye.

Back