Cricket Albury/wodonga

The rain could play a pretty big role in where teams finish this year. In the A Prov New City would be hoping like hell to play because they are a good chance of defending 121 against Wodonga.....if the game is washed out that will likely ensure that they are relegated, with them playing North next week and Albury playing Dedarang. Be interesting to see just how many wickets and grounds get up, although with another 100mm of rain predicted for tomorrow, it mightn't matter. :(

not to mention the 20/20 Semi Finals and Finals this Sunday.....pretty sure with the draw the way it is, this Sunday was the only one free until after the GF weekend, and then the footy takes over the grounds. Good luck sorting that one out if it is in fact washed out.
As a suggestion maybe they could do mid week games (Wednesday night ?) starting the games at 6.30 or 7pm, with A and B grades at seperate venues (only one game a night at each venue)They would have one semi final this week, the second semi-final next week and the grand finals the following week.

As a suggestion maybe they could do mid week games (Wednesday night ?) starting the games at 6.30 or 7pm, with A and B grades at seperate venues (only one game a night at each venue)They would have one semi final this week, the second semi-final next week and the grand finals the following week.

If the games are played mid week they would need to start at 5pm, maybe 530pm at the latest.....the light is getting poor by 8-830pm, so there is no way you could start any later.....maybe the CAW will cut their loses and just play the final 1v2 on the same arvo at two grounds....who knows! Considering there weren't that many games called off today, did anyone actually bowl a ball?

If the games are played mid week they would need to start at 5pm, maybe 530pm at the latest.....the light is getting poor by 8-830pm, so there is no way you could start any later.....maybe the CAW will cut their loses and just play the final 1v2 on the same arvo at two grounds....who knows! Considering there weren't that many games called off today, did anyone actually bowl a ball?
Pick venues that have lights and turn the lights on. I know Lavy is out until after the AFL game, but didn't they play the Masters game at Bunton Park partly under lights ? Others may also have adequate lighting to play a game under lights. How do they determine who is 1 and 2 ? As I said only a suggestion, but it is better than nothing :). Don't think a ball was bowled in any of the Lavy games today.

Pick venues that have lights and turn the lights on. I know Lavy is out until after the AFL game, but didn't they play the Masters game at Bunton Park partly under lights ? Others may also have adequate lighting to play a game under lights. How do they determine who is 1 and 2 ? As I said only a suggestion, but it is better than nothing :). Don't think a ball was bowled in any of the Lavy games today.

Only Lavi have lights good enough to host a night game and the Masters game at Bunton started at 530pm for that exact reason. Working out 1 v 2 is not really hard, Tallangatta and St Pats have the highest points of the four pools in A's and Albury and North do in the B's.....there is the two GF.....and unlucky to the teams that won the other pools, that is what washouts create! The teams that have the biggest wins and score more points are rewarded.

Only Lavi have lights good enough to host a night game and the Masters game at Bunton started at 530pm for that exact reason. Working out 1 v 2 is not really hard, Tallangatta and St Pats have the highest points of the four pools in A's and Albury and North do in the B's.....there is the two GF.....and unlucky to the teams that won the other pools, that is what washouts create! The teams that have the biggest wins and score more points are rewarded.
Was only thinking that the later time would help players get to the games after work, especially the Tallangatta players, but if the players were happy to start at 5 -5.30pm, then play at that time.

What was Steve Keene thinking with his comments in the paper today? If they roll up a green top this week to try to make sure sure both teams lose as many wickets as possible, all he's done is left them open to a protest from North Albury.

Both teams will have to bat under similar conditions but surely you wouldn't come out in the media and tell everyone that you're planning on doctoring your wicket to suit yourselves. I hope they lose the toss and get beaten outright.

What was Steve Keene thinking with his comments in the paper today? If they roll up a green top this week to try to make sure sure both teams lose as many wickets as possible, all he's done is left them open to a protest from North Albury.

Both teams will have to bat under similar conditions but surely you wouldn't come out in the media and tell everyone that you're planning on doctoring your wicket to suit yourselves. I hope they lose the toss and get beaten outright.
Well at least he is being honest and North Albury know what to expect and they have time to pick a team to suit the changed conditions. Unlike some teams who have changed conditions so that the oppisition are surprised when they turn up to the ground.

Yes i agree that's very interesting....seems the toss of the coin will win the game.
Not sure that New City would toss up an unplayable pitch but i think its an interesting concept to prepare something that has "a bit of green" for a change......why not produce a wicket with something in it for the bowlers?
Every other bloody pitch these days gets the absolute bejesus rolled out of it.....especially the Bunton freeway and the Xavier speedway :) !.....I actually like the concept providing it isn't too far the other way.....but then again why not question some of the wickets from the previous rounds 1st week, didn't New City and Wodonga loose 16 wickets for about 200 runs on day one? The Belvoir / East Albury game would also have been similar!

Perhaps some of the clubs have simply worked out that the 0.3 points for a wicket is easier then making 300 runs!

Yes i agree that's very interesting....seems the toss of the coin will win the game.
Not sure that New City would toss up an unplayable pitch but i think its an interesting concept to prepare something that has "a bit of green" for a change......why not produce a wicket with something in it for the bowlers?
Every other bloody pitch these days gets the absolute bejesus rolled out of it.....especially the Bunton freeway and the Xavier speedway :) !.....I actually like the concept providing it isn't too far the other way.....but then again why not question some of the wickets from the previous rounds 1st week, didn't New City and Wodonga loose 16 wickets for about 200 runs on day one? The Belvoir / East Albury game would also have been similar!

Perhaps some of the clubs have simply worked out that the 0.3 points for a wicket is easier then making 300 runs!

I don't disagree with you. I'm sure it happens, I just thought it was pretty stupid of him to come out and say it. Why tell everyone that you're going to do it? With this week being a Saturday/Sunday game they could easily have said that the curator was worried about the wicket not holding up for two days so he left a bit too much moiture in it.

Now if they produce a green top everybody is going to know exactly why. Classic case of inexperience if you ask me. You never would've caught Purt or Barto admitting to doctoring a wicket. Especially not before the game!

Yeah I agree GHG, frankly the 20/20 games are only hit and giggle anyway, not as important as the 2 day comp. Play a couple of midweek games for the grand finals, and get it over with so we can concentrate on the real stuff.

I don't disagree with you. I'm sure it happens, I just thought it was pretty stupid of him to come out and say it. Why tell everyone that you're going to do it? With this week being a Saturday/Sunday game they could easily have said that the curator was worried about the wicket not holding up for two days so he left a bit too much moiture in it.

Now if they produce a green top everybody is going to know exactly why. Classic case of inexperience if you ask me. You never would've caught Purt or Barto admitting to doctoring a wicket. Especially not before the game!

I haven't read Kennes comments and don't have a paper handy but would say it is definately a strange one to come out and say "it will be green" and not leave much to the imagination? I would not think that Nth will turn up and it would be a sticky wicket or something that is unplayable, perhaps Keene is just saying what Ritchie touched on in that it won't be a highway that will have a load of runs in it. Either way, I hope New City get the extra points needed and that Dederang play out of their skins and defeat Albury as out of the three teams in the relegation zone, New City should stay and you could say that they were robbed last week against Wodonga and should not be in the position they are because of wet weather taking away a win. I have also heard a few stories about some incentives for Dederang being on offer this weekend should they beat Albury:confused: Can anyone add further to this?

I haven't read Kennes comments and don't have a paper handy but would say it is definately a strange one to come out and say "it will be green" and not leave much to the imagination? I would not think that Nth will turn up and it would be a sticky wicket or something that is unplayable, perhaps Keene is just saying what Ritchie touched on in that it won't be a highway that will have a load of runs in it. Either way, I hope New City get the extra points needed and that Dederang play out of their skins and defeat Albury as out of the three teams in the relegation zone, New City should stay and you could say that they were robbed last week against Wodonga and should not be in the position they are because of wet weather taking away a win. I have also heard a few stories about some incentives for Dederang being on offer this weekend should they beat Albury:confused: Can anyone add further to this?

How can you say New City were robbed last week? They needed to take four wickets and we only needed 47 runs! I might be a bit biased here but I would've thought Wodonga were still favourites to win at the start of play.

I also don't know how you can say New City deserve to stay in Provincial. They beat the bottom side by one run and lost to the second bottom side. You said they shouldn't be in the position they're in because wet weather robbed them of a win. The weather robbed them of a CHANCE of getting a win. It didn't have anything to do with the other six games they lost.

If they get relegated it's because they weren't good enough to finish in the top eight. Rain had nothing to do with it.

How can you say New City were robbed last week? They needed to take four wickets and we only needed 47 runs! I might be a bit biased here but I would've thought Wodonga were still favourites to win at the start of play.

I also don't know how you can say New City deserve to stay in Provincial. They beat the bottom side by one run and lost to the second bottom side. You said they shouldn't be in the position they're in because wet weather robbed them of a win. The weather robbed them of a CHANCE of getting a win. It didn't have anything to do with the other six games they lost.

If they get relegated it's because they weren't good enough to finish in the top eight. Rain had nothing to do with it.

It's very easy to say New City got robbed last week because that's what happened. You can't seriously say that wodonga were still favourites to win and yes being a wodonga supporter you are biased. It's great that you pointed out that New City lost to Albury and then only beat Dederang by one run as that's the team that fed wodonga there own last week:p
The facts are that the week they played Albury, MyCricket shows the game was reduced to a one day format, which levels the playing field no matter who's playing. I spoke with one of the umps that officiated the game between NC and Dederang and he said that NC played all over dederang and it should have ended hours before it did but sometimes the lucks not with you. Also, SD, without Robbie Jackson your team has nothing to fall back on and every single 1st grade Team moving to finals in know's it and we can't wait to play you guys if you survive week one. Two games running with Wodonga it is very clear to see that without Robbie firing you've got nothing in the shed. My apologies for spilling the truth on Big Cricket but its appears that you have crickets equivalent of 'beer goggles' on and think you are a little better than you are. You will make finals and get booted out quick smart, that's inevitable, but I do have to say well done on getting there Robbie, you deserve it and made it happen.

The main reason I say that New City should stay in provincial is because they are a Club that has strong foundations 'as a Club' and will become a strength when they do finally have a natural progression come through, you can't possibly sit there and say a club with something like 10 teams in the CAW competition, jnrs to snrs collectively, should not be playing the highest level cricket possible to develop those players further? However, should they go down to the District level, I would be sure they'll still make the best of things as it really only effects the 1st and 2nd grade. As it stands now, City plays Nth and Albury plays Dederang and I say Good luck to NC and hope Dederang stand up.

It's very easy to say New City got robbed last week because that's what happened. You can't seriously say that wodonga were still favourites to win and yes being a wodonga supporter you are biased. It's great that you pointed out that New City lost to Albury and then only beat Dederang by one run as that's the team that fed wodonga there own last week:p
The facts are that the week they played Albury, MyCricket shows the game was reduced to a one day format, which levels the playing field no matter who's playing. I spoke with one of the umps that officiated the game between NC and Dederang and he said that NC played all over dederang and it should have ended hours before it did but sometimes the lucks not with you. Also, SD, without Robbie Jackson your team has nothing to fall back on and every single 1st grade Team moving to finals in know's it and we can't wait to play you guys if you survive week one. Two games running with Wodonga it is very clear to see that without Robbie firing you've got nothing in the shed. My apologies for spilling the truth on Big Cricket but its appears that you have crickets equivalent of 'beer goggles' on and think you are a little better than you are. You will make finals and get booted out quick smart, that's inevitable, but I do have to say well done on getting there Robbie, you deserve it and made it happen.

The main reason I say that New City should stay in provincial is because they are a Club that has strong foundations 'as a Club' and will become a strength when they do finally have a natural progression come through, you can't possibly sit there and say a club with something like 10 teams in the CAW competition, jnrs to snrs collectively, should not be playing the highest level cricket possible to develop those players further? However, should they go down to the District level, I would be sure they'll still make the best of things as it really only effects the 1st and 2nd grade. As it stands now, City plays Nth and Albury plays Dederang and I say Good luck to NC and hope Dederang stand up.

"Fed Wodonga their own"??? You made 120! Even without Robbie making a score we still could've knocked over those runs against your attack.

You can call us a one man band if you want. All I can say is we're third on the ladder and you're about to be relegated. I know where I'd rather be playing.

"Fed Wodonga their own"??? You made 120! Even without Robbie making a score we still could've knocked over those runs against your attack.

You can call us a one man band if you want. All I can say is we're third on the ladder and you're about to be relegated. I know where I'd rather be playing.

SD, another great example of you're inability to actually read what is being posted. That may account for why no-one in your team dare I call it, bar Robbie is not making any runs. The fact that your taking it so personally gives backing to my claims, it's in your head and will remain the monkey on your back. You will remain the Robbie Bulldogs and that is a fact:D
New City made 120 and was about to defend it, you did not have a hope in hell of making the runs, the fact your top order couldn't make it against the NC attack proves it. Quit kidding yourself it's getting embarrassing. Without Robbie firing the facts have it that you crumble, deal with it or step up and make a contribution.

SD, another great example of you're inability to actually read what is being posted. That may account for why no-one in your team dare I call it, bar Robbie is not making any runs. The fact that your taking it so personally gives backing to my claims, it's in your head and will remain the monkey on your back. You will remain the Robbie Bulldogs and that is a fact:D
New City made 120 and was about to defend it, you did not have a hope in hell of making the runs, the fact your top order couldn't make it against the NC attack proves it. Quit kidding yourself it's getting embarrassing. Without Robbie firing the facts have it that you crumble, deal with it or step up and make a contribution.

I'll try my best mate. Good luck in District next year!

That is some seriously funny stuff. Think you need to lighten up a little bit LTG.

Dunno how you can bag a team that's sitting third on the ladder when your team is ninth!

I don't think that there would have been too many guys from Wodonga that would have been upset to see last week washed out. To be facing fresh bowlers on an underprepared wicket (due to the rain) with only 4 wickets in hand chasing even 47 would have been a pretty hard task.....and I can see how frustrating that must have been for the NC boys as that will almost certainly see them relegated.....but I wouldn't say that they were robbed....that's just cricket!

mAtey, i'm not sure that LTG is from New City, if you read his post properly you will see that he actually mentions he can't wait to play Wodonga in the second week of finals."we can't wait to play you guys if you survive week one".
I think he has a valid point about Jackson holding the key to your performances, after reading this i had a quick look at my cricket and i must say your top order was terrible against NC and the two games before that the other ten batsmen (that is every one except jackson) contributed 80 runs between them, in one game the team made 280 and Jackson got 200 of those runs.

It appears to me that old LTG has hit a raw nerve, however it is the truth, unless someone else removes themselves from under Jackson coat tails the club will only be making up the numbers come finals.

Perhaps if NC had Jackson they would be 3rd on the ladder!

Anyway, promotion/relegation whatever....its about being a part of a club, and yes we all enjoy success but i am sure NC will be ok into the future regardless of whether they are relegated or not.

Can we get off NC now for a while you all seem bloody fixated on a club that everyone agree's has had a bad year and will be relegated......what about the patties, slowly gearing up for a fair dinkum crack at the flag, this will be a very interesting finals race but i just can't see anyone getting over North, this will be their year.

Back