Cricket Albury/wodonga

From what I know from a couple of mates who work at the council, there won't be any cricket on there at all until next season. its gotta suck if you're a Lavi player. Imagine not having a home ground each week!

Speaking of Lavi, I heard a whisper that Tonky is considering leaving the club, and following his TBall? I assume this is after the season is over, as I don't think he's the sort of person who would leave a club mid season, but wow!!

Whats the bet both of them join Robbie Jackson at Wodonga next year?
Actually these days there is not a great deal of club cricket played at Lavy Oval , with the NRL and AFL both wanting the surface in pristine condition for their pre season games, from memory the last club game was in January.

I am not too sure about the rumour with Tonky, I haven't heard anyone at Lavy mention about Tonky's future, but then again maybe he ios keeping it close to his chest. Certainly hasn't expressed a great desire to be team mates with TBall again.

Interesting night ahead for The CAW Board with Barny/Chiltern lodging a letter of complaint about Howlong not being able to get thier ground up to playing standard.Once again this decision could have a massive impact on the structure of the finals if the protest is upheld.

Interesting finals venues again. Xavier still being used for second grade and Lavi seconds playing on their opposition's home ground for the second week in a row despite finishing second on the ladder.

Really can't understand Billson hosting a first grade game when Xavier is available.

Interesting finals venues again. Xavier still being used for second grade and Lavi seconds playing on their opposition's home ground for the second week in a row despite finishing second on the ladder.

Really can't understand Billson hosting a first grade game when Xavier is available.

Have to be to get it in pristine condition for a GF.
I assume that Xavier will be hosting a GF

Another covers preotest ( sorry please explain ) . I saw the pitch at Howlong and it was very dark and that was on saturday. I'm guessing the only thing that would have bounced on that pitch would have been a fat man after a buffet eating contest. I don't get it that makes it 2 years in a row where a wet pitch has happened .
Raiders got over the line just but will have to dig deep this week.
Laugh at Wodonga hoping on there wicket keeper getting back to play. So without them and Jackson making a little score they will lose. Come on young pups dig deep and show us what you can do.
Tonkin rumor gee where will he go ??? If at all ??
Also heres a big rumor which could be true but who know's. A group of Dedrang players looking to form a side in the Hume Pub Comp next season. If they did that would hurt Dederang in a huge way with numbers ets...

Another covers preotest ( sorry please explain ) . I saw the pitch at Howlong and it was very dark and that was on saturday. I'm guessing the only thing that would have bounced on that pitch would have been a fat man after a buffet eating contest. I don't get it that makes it 2 years in a row where a wet pitch has happened .
Raiders got over the line just but will have to dig deep this week.
Laugh at Wodonga hoping on there wicket keeper getting back to play. So without them and Jackson making a little score they will lose. Come on young pups dig deep and show us what you can do.
Tonkin rumor gee where will he go ??? If at all ??
Also heres a big rumor which could be true but who know's. A group of Dedrang players looking to form a side in the Hume Pub Comp next season. If they did that would hurt Dederang in a huge way with numbers ets...

Pretty sure the wicket at Howlong was dry BGDR but the outfield was deemed unsafe to play on.
Protests will continue to happen whilst clubs are allowed to host finals at thier home ground.
Not sure about the Dederang rumour as id rekn they will be much more competitive in The District comp.

Pretty sure the wicket at Howlong was dry BGDR but the outfield was deemed unsafe to play on.
Protests will continue to happen whilst clubs are allowed to host finals at thier home ground.
Not sure about the Dederang rumour as id rekn they will be much more competitive in The District comp.
From what I have been told it's a club thing but a few players who want to play a relaxed style of cricket.
With the howlong ground if it was the ground and it took todays to dry out that can't be good. Also it was Howlong's home game I think??

I think that Lavi A grade actually chose Bilson park as they have a good record on that ground, especially in finals. The B grade again are unlucky playing on the opposition's home ground even though they finished higher than them, which is a pity as it really doesn't reward them for their great season.

As much as people might not like clubs hosting finals on their own ground, they are being rewarded (unless you are Easts B grade team) for their good performances during the season in finishing up higher on the ladder than their opponents, it is just unfortunate that some teams (are perceived to) take it too far.

So, Bulldogs into a Grand Final. And without Robbie making any runs. Wonder if anyone's going to start giving us any credit now? Probably not. That's ok, one more to go.

So, Bulldogs into a Grand Final. And without Robbie making any runs. Wonder if anyone's going to start giving us any credit now? Probably not. That's ok, one more to go.

Credit where credit is due Sir Don. Wodonga did very well defending a small total. Imagine, both Lavi and North out of the finals race. Who would of thought that at the styart of the season?

Credit where credit is due Sir Don. Wodonga did very well defending a small total. Imagine, both Lavi and North out of the finals race. Who would of thought that at the styart of the season?

Agreed, to defend 130 is a mighty effort by Wodonga and just goes to show what finals pressure can do, one can only assume that Bilson was doing a bit for such low scores. Same goes for North, 231 would normally be chased down easily on the Bunton Hwy, but some good tight bowling by Pats and wickets when they needed them, and North simply crumbled under finals pressure. Hopefully it should be a good GF and good luck to both sides.

Munch munch munch....here that, its me eating my hat.
well done wodonga a mighty effort and a well deserved win, lavy and nth Albury would have been smiling like cheshire cats on the saturday night and i certainly tipped them both to win.
i think that'll be the last final at bilson, 200 runs between two teams is bloody awful, who is looking into that?
A few surprises in District as well, appears that yack have been foxing all year and i tip them to win and mt.Beauty to be bridesmaids yet again.
So for me it will be St.pats in a canter and yack in a close one.

And oh Sir don i've reviewed alot of your posts and it appears you might actually be a lavy person masquerading as a wodonga fan.
toshay old chap, well played, but the gig is now up.:)

Munch munch munch....here that, its me eating my hat.
well done wodonga a mighty effort and a well deserved win, lavy and nth Albury would have been smiling like cheshire cats on the saturday night and i certainly tipped them both to win.
i think that'll be the last final at bilson, 200 runs between two teams is bloody awful, who is looking into that?
A few surprises in District as well, appears that yack have been foxing all year and i tip them to win and mt.Beauty to be bridesmaids yet again.
So for me it will be St.pats in a canter and yack in a close one.

And oh Sir don i've reviewed alot of your posts and it appears you might actually be a lavy person masquerading as a wodonga fan.
toshay old chap, well played, but the gig is now up.:)

Haha, nice try Ritch but way off the mark. I'll give you a little hint to help with your investigations. I did have a link to Lavington back in the late 90's/early 2000's while I was playing in the WDCA comp. See if that gets you any closer.

Anybody know whats going on with the 3rd grade Div 2 grand final? I see on the CAW website today that Lavington is playing TBA? In the paper yesterday they were playing North Albury weren't they?

Have North Albury finally been caught for doing something shonky, instead of things being swept under the carpet?

Back