Cricket Albury/wodonga

Have noticed Jesse Griffiths didnt play in the last round and played B Grade the 2 games before that.
Anybody know the story behind that? Seems to be to good a cricketer to be floating around in b grade.

On another note how tight is the ladder in the District Comp...Pretty sure there is on 65 runs seperating 2nd to 5th on the ladder so some big games coming up this week!!!

mAtey, i'm not sure that LTG is from New City, if you read his post properly you will see that he actually mentions he can't wait to play Wodonga in the second week of finals."we can't wait to play you guys if you survive week one".
I think he has a valid point about Jackson holding the key to your performances, after reading this i had a quick look at my cricket and i must say your top order was terrible against NC and the two games before that the other ten batsmen (that is every one except jackson) contributed 80 runs between them, in one game the team made 280 and Jackson got 200 of those runs.

It appears to me that old LTG has hit a raw nerve, however it is the truth, unless someone else removes themselves from under Jackson coat tails the club will only be making up the numbers come finals.

Perhaps if NC had Jackson they would be 3rd on the ladder!

Anyway, promotion/relegation whatever....its about being a part of a club, and yes we all enjoy success but i am sure NC will be ok into the future regardless of whether they are relegated or not.

Can we get off NC now for a while you all seem bloody fixated on a club that everyone agree's has had a bad year and will be relegated......what about the patties, slowly gearing up for a fair dinkum crack at the flag, this will be a very interesting finals race but i just can't see anyone getting over North, this will be their year.

Going back through some old posts it's pretty obvious that LTG is a New City player. It's also pretty obvious that yourself and LTG are a lot closer than most people on here would realise Ritch. Your views on most topics are strikingly similar. I do like the way you had a full on conversion with yourself back on page two of this thread.

As I said yesterday, have fun in District next year.

Have noticed Jesse Griffiths didnt play in the last round and played B Grade the 2 games before that.
Anybody know the story behind that? Seems to be to good a cricketer to be floating around in b grade.

On another note how tight is the ladder in the District Comp...Pretty sure there is on 65 runs seperating 2nd to 5th on the ladder so some big games coming up this week!!!
Like Jesse I was never into 7am Sunday training sessions either. Interesting to see where he ends up next year.

As for New City. They folded years ago with a terrific junior base and not much at the top end. It didn't help them then and probably won't help them now. The facts are that very few juniors will continue to play after the age of 17-18. A club does need success to survive.

Going back through some old posts it's pretty obvious that LTG is a New City player. It's also pretty obvious that yourself and LTG are a lot closer than most people on here would realise Ritch. Your views on most topics are strikingly similar. I do like the way you had a full on conversion with yourself back on page two of this thread.

As I said yesterday, have fun in District next year.
Wow your a regular Sherlock Holmes Sir Don.
If you read my posts you will see that i agree and disagree with most everyone on here but you carry on and draw whatever aspersions you wish.....must of what you post is absolute dribble anyway so why stop now?:p

For the record i would rather see a club that is doing something about junior development stay in the top comp then a club like Albury who even as SS&A had ************ all juniors.

Anyway enough of the boring dribble about relegation, i believe that St.Pats have the grand final sewn up as long as Luke Restall makes another couple of tons.....they are still the best all round team and it sems to me that Nth are carrying Castello and Barton who are really travelling like the old men they are.

If you read my posts you will see that i agree and disagree with most everyone on here but you carry on and draw whatever aspersions you wish.....must of what you post is absolute dribble anyway so why stop now?:p

For the record i would rather see a club that is doing something about junior development stay in the top comp then a club like Albury who even as SS&A had ************ all juniors.

Anyway enough of the boring dribble about relegation, i believe that St.Pats have the grand final sewn up as long as Luke Restall makes another couple of tons.....they are still the best all round team and it sems to me that Nth are carrying Castello and Barton who are really travelling like the old men they are.

North are Carrying Castello and Barton???? Really???? How many other clubs would like to see those two old farts in their side???? There are guys that play well during the season....and then there are guys that win you premiorships!!!

So what's peoples thoughts on the Bye Points system ?? I think it should be scrap and no points be awarded for having the bye. Each week when a team has the bye a different amout of points are awarded. If you look at district a grade its very close in the end and I bet points awarded from the bye helped teams in there final position??

No one is questioning your junior development Ritchie/Love The Game. Your problem is that your senior club has become the most despised in the comp and nobody wants to play for you. Now that you're going down to District it's going to get even harder to recruit/poach players.

You better hope all of those juniors turn into quality seniors in a hell of a hurry or you're going to be in District for a long time to come.

Feel free to come and support us during the finals. I guess you've got a bit of free time on your hands now.

So what's peoples thoughts on the Bye Points system ?? I think it should be scrap and no points be awarded for having the bye. Each week when a team has the bye a different amout of points are awarded. If you look at district a grade its very close in the end and I bet points awarded from the bye helped teams in there final position??
It's a good theory BGDR but only works when everyone has an equal amount of byes. Is that the case?

It's a good theory BGDR but only works when everyone has an equal amount of byes. Is that the case?
I agree with you RTS. I don't think that any system with regards to byes can really work properly unless all teams have the same number of byes. That is not the case in C grade Div 1 with St Pat's only having 1 bye while the rest of teams have 2 byes. Maybe that's the reward St Pat's get for being the reigning premiers.

No one is questioning your junior development Ritchie/Love The Game. Your problem is that your senior club has become the most despised in the comp and nobody wants to play for you. Now that you're going down to District it's going to get even harder to recruit/poach players.

You better hope all of those juniors turn into quality seniors in a hell of a hurry or you're going to be in District for a long time to come.

Feel free to come and support us during the finals. I guess you've got a bit of free time on your hands now.

Wow you still have that inflated opinion of yourself there SD. Ritchie has hit the nail with the Sherlock Holmes comment as what does it matter who supports who? The only thing I can come up with is that you have a beef to pick with New City in general and actually think that you are communicating with a specific person. I too, can resonate your opinions with older threads and liken you to other users as well, but what is the use? Why not start sharing an opinion rather than trying to ID people as we don't care who is who, any fool can read into the thread and link people to Clubs but who cares? Otherwise you wouldn't seek shelter as Sir Don nor I as Love the Game.

Most hated Club, well that comes down to individual feelings and you can't make a comment based on the beliefs of every player in the competition, that just shows your vindictiveness and need to strike out at New City to make yourself sleep better tonight. Good luck with it and hope you get 40 winks.

For the record Ritchie, or as we have all been informed by Sherlock "for the record, me" you are of the mark with Abott and Barto. You can not possibly think that they are passengers because they have had one season that has not returned their usual swag of runs. Whilst their seasons have not had the usual impacts, you need to look at the team around them as they have built it from the ground up and Nth are as they have been for the last 20 years because of the value they add to the team (Club) in developing young cricketers into quality players. Farrell and Fully come to mind and I am sure i'm missing a handfull more. There I go having another conversation with myself:oops:

My tip is Talangatta to shake up the finals in provincial and Raiders to dig deep and take out the District flag.

Wow you still have that inflated opinion of yourself there SD. Ritchie has hit the nail with the Sherlock Holmes comment as what does it matter who supports who? The only thing I can come up with is that you have a beef to pick with New City in general and actually think that you are communicating with a specific person. I too, can resonate your opinions with older threads and liken you to other users as well, but what is the use? Why not start sharing an opinion rather than trying to ID people as we don't care who is who, any fool can read into the thread and link people to Clubs but who cares? Otherwise you wouldn't seek shelter as Sir Don nor I as Love the Game.

Most hated Club, well that comes down to individual feelings and you can't make a comment based on the beliefs of every player in the competition, that just shows your vindictiveness and need to strike out at New City to make yourself sleep better tonight. Good luck with it and hope you get 40 winks.

For the record Ritchie, or as we have all been informed by Sherlock "for the record, me" you are of the mark with Abott and Barto. You can not possibly think that they are passengers because they have had one season that has not returned their usual swag of runs. Whilst their seasons have not had the usual impacts, you need to look at the team around them as they have built it from the ground up and Nth are as they have been for the last 20 years because of the value they add to the team (Club) in developing young cricketers into quality players. Farrell and Fully come to mind and I am sure i'm missing a handfull more. There I go having another conversation with myself:oops:

My tip is Talangatta to shake up the finals in provincial and Raiders to dig deep and take out the District flag.

Love your post LTG its very humorous stuff.....i'll chip in here as well and "have a conversation with myself".....absolute gold.....but i better be careful not to agree with you again....or is that me again?
Old Sir Don must have a real hate for New City, so go on old mate do tell who at that club has upset you, i can now understand why my "patting New City on the back" has made you react the way you have.....who are you really Sir Don? No doubt you are a 3rd grade champion at your beloved Wodonga who performs badly and probably copped a shalacking from one of New City's young guns and now developed a hate for the club? pretty close to the mark i would reckon and guess what i don't despise the Wod Cc i was just stating a fact that over the past 3-4 games the club has relied heavily on Jacko......and yes that is a fact!

As for finals i think LTG is wrong, Tallangatta also rely heavily on Lade and should he fall cheaply that will be curtains for Tallangatta.
However dare i agree with LTG???? Yes i will, i think Wod Raiders have the team to knock the all conquering Howlong off their perch and win the flag.

Bring it on boys, the finals action will be great to watch......i can't wait to see what Sir Don has to say next.....you are an absolute genious old mate.....what words of wisdom and intrigue have you uncovered now sherlock?

Love the Game and Ritchie, you guys really need to lighten up. I think Donnie's probably got exactly the reaction he was after.

Anyway, moving on. Interesting to see the ground allocations for this weekend. How is that St Pats seconds finished fifth and Albury's seconds finished sixth but they both get a home game?

And Lavington's ones finished second but have to go out to Tallangatta.

Xavier is probably the best ground in the comp at the moment so why aren't Lavington playing there?

Don't the top three sides get to choose the ground for the first round of finals? I'd be really surprised if Lavington picked Tallangatta over Xavier.

Love your post LTG its very humorous stuff.....i'll chip in here as well and "have a conversation with myself".....absolute gold.....but i better be careful not to agree with you again....or is that me again?
Old Sir Don must have a real hate for New City, so go on old mate do tell who at that club has upset you, i can now understand why my "patting New City on the back" has made you react the way you have.....who are you really Sir Don? No doubt you are a 3rd grade champion at your beloved Wodonga who performs badly and probably copped a shalacking from one of New City's young guns and now developed a hate for the club? pretty close to the mark i would reckon and guess what i don't despise the Wod Cc i was just stating a fact that over the past 3-4 games the club has relied heavily on Jacko......and yes that is a fact!

As for finals i think LTG is wrong, Tallangatta also rely heavily on Lade and should he fall cheaply that will be curtains for Tallangatta.
However dare i agree with LTG???? Yes i will, i think Wod Raiders have the team to knock the all conquering Howlong off their perch and win the flag.

Bring it on boys, the finals action will be great to watch......i can't wait to see what Sir Don has to say next.....you are an absolute genious old mate.....what words of wisdom and intrigue have you uncovered now sherlock?

Wow, I've really stuck a nerve with you. Sorry mate. Happy to move on to more important things, like finals.

There's a fair bit riding on our game with St Pats. If North and Lavington win, the loser of the Wodonga/St Pats game will come up against North in the semi. St Pats and North have been the favourites all year so I'm sure some people would be disappointed to see them meet in the semi. A Wodonga/Lavington semi could go either way so it's still anyone's flag I reckon.

As for District, I'm tipping Howlong to beat Yack in the final.

A strong chance of some underprepared decks with the rain expected tommorow.
Who are everybodys tips?

Can't see Tallangatta getting over North and surely Ladey is due to fail with the bat.....what a season he has had, but North are just full of game winners batting wise.....and they are playing on the Bunton Hwy.
Lavi, even after loosing Bally are still a strong side and should win easily over East.
Unless Robbie J gets a really big score, Patties should easily beat Wodonga.

Howlong should win easily
Mt Beauty the same
Raiders to knock over Kiewa

Love the Game and Ritchie, you guys really need to lighten up. I think Donnie's probably got exactly the reaction he was after.

Anyway, moving on. Interesting to see the ground allocations for this weekend. How is that St Pats seconds finished fifth and Albury's seconds finished sixth but they both get a home game?

And Lavington's ones finished second but have to go out to Tallangatta.

Xavier is probably the best ground in the comp at the moment so why aren't Lavington playing there?

Don't the top three sides get to choose the ground for the first round of finals? I'd be really surprised if Lavington picked Tallangatta over Xavier.
There do seem to be a few interesting ground allocations. While I could be wrong, I believe that against CAW rules, none of the top three clubs in either grade has been consulted on their choice of ground. I know for a fact that both Lavington's A & B grade were not actually given a choice at to what ground they were allocated. With the B grade team being St Pats unfortunate opponent at Xavier.

Does anyone know what is happening to the 20/20 tournament? It seems to have been swept under the carpet by CAW?

Well there are no longer any opportunities to play on a weekend and the light is getting poor by 730pm ish now, so even a mid week game is not really an option.....I suppose CAW may keep an eye on how the finals pan out and if the right teams get knocked out in the first two weeks then that may present an unlikely chance to still play the 20/20 GF.

Is the Lavi ground definitely out for the rest of the season??? That could still be a mid week solution providing CAW can gain access to the ground for a mid week game.

Well there are no longer any opportunities to play on a weekend and the light is getting poor by 730pm ish now, so even a mid week game is not really an option.....I suppose CAW may keep an eye on how the finals pan out and if the right teams get knocked out in the first two weeks then that may present an unlikely chance to still play the 20/20 GF.

Is the Lavi ground definitely out for the rest of the season??? That could still be a mid week solution providing CAW can gain access to the ground for a mid week game.

From what I know from a couple of mates who work at the council, there won't be any cricket on there at all until next season. its gotta suck if you're a Lavi player. Imagine not having a home ground each week!

Speaking of Lavi, I heard a whisper that Tonky is considering leaving the club, and following his TBall? I assume this is after the season is over, as I don't think he's the sort of person who would leave a club mid season, but wow!!

Whats the bet both of them join Robbie Jackson at Wodonga next year?

From what I know from a couple of mates who work at the council, there won't be any cricket on there at all until next season. its gotta suck if you're a Lavi player. Imagine not having a home ground each week!

Speaking of Lavi, I heard a whisper that Tonky is considering leaving the club, and following his TBall? I assume this is after the season is over, as I don't think he's the sort of person who would leave a club mid season, but wow!!

Whats the bet both of them join Robbie Jackson at Wodonga next year?

I find it really hard to believe that a bloke who is captain of his club would be thinking about leaving when they're in the middle of a finals campaign.

It's amazing the crap people make up on this site.

Back