Cricket Albury/wodonga

RUNOUT

Anybody's thoughts on who should be inducted into the Hall of Fame?
Mine are:
(ABCA)
Joe Wooding
Garry Williamson
Stan Sargeant
Greame Hicks
Steve Wood

(WDCA)
Terry Clear
Geoff Rolfe
Lawrence Hodgkin
Stuart Lancaster
John Taravillo

These aren't just players but also administrators/umpires who have put in decades of service to their comps. I have no idea who was playing before the 1980's so don't know who else would be eligible.

This forum has become as boring as batshit
Seems its limited to lavy people which is probably why :D

Anyway for what its worth it appears as though the rebuilding at Raiders is moving along nicely. Congrats to middo and all at the club who have stuck through a period of being relegated and working hard to re-build the club structure after many rats jumped the drowning ship....its good to see there are still some people about local cricket that have substance and are prepared to stay true to their club and do some hard work.
Appears as though North are red hot favourites at this stage for the provincial flag with probably a race in 3 for the bottom places between New City, Dederang and Albury with somehow Albury miraculously looking as though they will finish 8th and stay up for one more year at least....its a pity for the New City guys who have worked tirelessly to re-build the club, hopefully their strong juniors stay true to the club and become future stars for them over the next few years it seems as thoufh they are playing heaps of kids wek in week out through their senior sides so good onto them, they also appear to be the best of the 3 with strong consistent performances against all the better sides but never just quite enough to get a win.....Belvoir for mine are the surprise packet and Tallangatta are the disappointment with woody definitely showing he should have stayed in retirement, dont get me wrong he has been one of this comps best ever but simply making up numbers now.

The CAW competition is becoming tired and needs a revamp.....anyone got any ideas?
It appears to me that the strong sides are just getting stronger and the others are dropping further away each year....perhapos we just have a comp with the top 4 sides, they seem to be the only ones who get recruits and if St.Pats land one more notable name their club will have to change its name to the traveling wilburys.....just how many blokes there now are actually St Pats cricketers? :confused:
Can't help but agree with you about Raiders success after being relegated. To have 7 of your senior side leave, most of your committee walk and have Belvoir poach your best juniors the club has made a fine recovery based on junior talent who stuck with the club during the tough times and are now reaping the rewards. Well done to the committee and players who have remained loyal to the cause. Hopefully the provincial clubs who get relegated can take the Raiders model as an example.:) Sadly due to the promotion/relegation system the gap will only get wider as any clubs better players will happilly swap to clubs that are likely to not get relegated in the short to medium term. Rumours are rife that a number of country District clubs are over being feeder teams for Provincial clubs and looking at doing something about it, only time will tell.:rolleyes:

Anybody's thoughts on who should be inducted into the Hall of Fame?
Mine are:
(ABCA)
Joe Wooding
Garry Williamson
Stan Sargeant
Greame Hicks
Steve Wood

(WDCA)
Terry Clear
Geoff Rolfe
Lawrence Hodgkin
Stuart Lancaster
John Taravillo

These aren't just players but also administrators/umpires who have put in decades of service to their comps. I have no idea who was playing before the 1980's so don't know who else would be eligible.

Does anyone know the criteria? Not sure if they'd induct a player who is still playing (Wood). There's no doubt he deserves to be there but most Hall of Fames have a criteria that says they have to be retired for two or three years before they're eligible.

Can't help but agree with you about Raiders success after being relegated. To have 7 of your senior side leave, most of your committee walk and have Belvoir poach your best juniors the club has made a fine recovery based on junior talent who stuck with the club during the tough times and are now reaping the rewards. Well done to the committee and players who have remained loyal to the cause. Hopefully the provincial clubs who get relegated can take the Raiders model as an example.:) Sadly due to the promotion/relegation system the gap will only get wider as any clubs better players will happilly swap to clubs that are likely to not get relegated in the short to medium term. Rumours are rife that a number of country District clubs are over being feeder teams for Provincial clubs and looking at doing something about it, only time will tell.:rolleyes:

You are delusional mate.
To say people jumped ship at the Raiders is bullshit !
The ability to be unable to hang onto good young cricketers at the club sits fairly and squarely with the people who were running the club (or not) on and off the field.
It seems to be something they are very good at.

I suppose you know who all the people are "with substance" at the club, they are probably the same ones who will not pay their water bill at Birralee Park and nearly got the club kicked off it !

A few years ago thommo had 7 teams in the juniors with good kids coming through.

Put the blame on yourselves and the flowerpots than ran you into the ground.

P.S. I do think you are right on one front that Middo is doing a great job.

You are delusional mate.
To say people jumped ship at the Raiders is bullshit !
The ability to be unable to hang onto good young cricketers at the club sits fairly and squarely with the people who were running the club (or not) on and off the field.
It seems to be something they are very good at.

I suppose you know who all the people are "with substance" at the club, they are probably the same ones who will not pay their water bill at Birralee Park and nearly got the club kicked off it !

A few years ago thommo had 7 teams in the juniors with good kids coming through.

Put the blame on yourselves and the flowerpots than ran you into the ground.

P.S. I do think you are right on one front that Middo is doing a great job.

With Raiders they were in big trouble when the Warriors merged. They told Warriors they had ex amount of players and when they merged it was a different story. With half of the Warrior guys stepping up and helping the club out on and off the field. The committee at the time didn't care as long as there super rules team was doing well. When the A'Grade got relegated and the players left it was mostly upto the younger guys to pick up the pieces and run the club. Ever since the Raiders have slowly rebuilt in all grades and that has shown this season. Their youth is getting stronger with the Great Middo weaving is magic . Look in my opion cricket is dying all over the place. Number are lower and clubs are struggling to keep youth because of footy. CAW needs to look into alot of areas it's not all about Provinical and the superstars across the border. I have watched a few game this year and the standard is no where it used to be. Alot of clubs talk about getting imports but where are they . There seems to be alot of in club fighting and players jumping ship. Bottom line is CAW should go to a divisional set up similar to most comps in Melbourne. It works and will work up here other wise the country clubs will have there own league sooner then later.

Also i heard that a lavi premership captain 3 times has retire ( Hummer ) ???

Interesting to read the list of Hall of Fame nominees in today's paper. I haven't heard of most of them but I'll have a stab at it:-

Garry Williamson
Stan Sargeant
Jim Strike
Bruce Stanton
Clem Hicks
Joe Wooding

These are the only ones that I'm pretty sure about. Three are from Wodonga so I'm not sure if they'll all get in. Stan Sargeant is a sure thing and I'm pretty sure Jim Strike holds the record for most wickets in a season with something like 90 wickets.

Joe Wooding as a player, umpire and administrator deserves to be there.

The other four I'm not sure about. Pretty much guesses:-

David Coulston
Garry Purtell
Brian Gilchrist
Bill Clarke

Anyone else got any ideas?

What's the go with the Masters game Friday night? Who's playing? What format is it? As usual no promotion other than a mention on the CAW site. The powers that be will wonder why no-one turns up.:confused:

What's the go with the Masters game Friday night? Who's playing? What format is it? As usual no promotion other than a mention on the CAW site. The powers that be will wonder why no-one turns up.:confused:

Heard it advertised on the local AM station the other day when searching for the racing station.....all I remember is the game is this Friday at Bunton Pk and it was a 20/20 game. Didn't catch starting time but given Bunton has no decent lights, must be about 5pm ish. I would be surprised if Erdle didn't contact all senior and junior clubs with the info?

What is people's reaction to the New City/ Dederang tie yesterday? Does that mean Albury is safe from Relegation?
I thought once the books were signed by the umpires in agreeance with the captains the scores were final? Dederang and Albury my tips for relegation

I thought once the books were signed by the umpires in agreeance with the captains the scores were final? Dederang and Albury my tips for relegation

Not too sure about that, New City are behind Albury on points and have to play Wodonga and Nth Albury. Albury have St Pats and last game against Dederang. You would expect New City to lose both games and Albury to beat Dederang resulting in Albury dodging a bullet.....and a big well done to Boothy if that occurs!!!

What is people's reaction to the New City/ Dederang tie yesterday? Does that mean Albury is safe from Relegation?

Could end up being a pretty important outcome so they better get it right. The umpires sign the books off if the scorer's agree on the final score, they don't check the books in detail themselves unless the scorers disagree. If the scorers both made a mistake and missed a no ball then the fact that the umpires signed the books shouldn't come into it. New City shouldn't be awarded the win if they didn't actually win.

Could end up being a pretty important outcome so they better get it right. The umpires sign the books off if the scorer's agree on the final score, they don't check the books in detail themselves unless the scorers disagree. If the scorers both made a mistake and missed a no ball then the fact that the umpires signed the books shouldn't come into it. New City shouldn't be awarded the win if they didn't actually win.
This tells me that both scorers agreed that New City won the game. Surely if one of the scorers had picked up the missing no ball at the time then there would have been a disagreement and then the umpires would have needed to check the books.

I always thought that the signing of the score book meant that everyone agreed that the score as shown in the score book was correct and declared as the final score and unable to be modified.

Very unfortunate for Dederang but the scorers agreed and the Umps signed it. That's official in my opinion.

I don't think that it's that unfortunate that Dederang won't get the points, they are a very poor side except for Creamer. Both scorer's agreed on the score and the umpires awarded New City a win on 1st innings and players shook hands with that result agreed upon. It has been said that the book was altered after the fact and entered into MyCricket without the correct consultation and due course being followed by Dederang. You can't just go changing the score because you felt like it, that's poor form no matter witch way you look at it. Someone needs a kick in the pants for that. New City will get belted by the Robbie Bulldogs, sorry I mean Wodonga Bulldogs (unless he chokes) and push it up-hill against North pending a miracle:eek:

I don't think that it's that unfortunate that Dederang won't get the points, they are a very poor side except for Creamer. Both scorer's agreed on the score and the umpires awarded New City a win on 1st innings and players shook hands with that result agreed upon. It has been said that the book was altered after the fact and entered into MyCricket without the correct consultation and due course being followed by Dederang. You can't just go changing the score because you felt like it, that's poor form no matter witch way you look at it. Someone needs a kick in the pants for that. New City will get belted by the Robbie Bulldogs, sorry I mean Wodonga Bulldogs (unless he chokes) and push it up-hill against North pending a miracle:eek:

If they did change the book after the match you've got to wonder why they would bother? They're not going to overtake New City and Albury and avoid relegation so why would they cheat for the sake of a couple of points?

Adding a no ball would be a pretty stupid way to do it if you were going to cheat. If they changed a dot to a no ball then surely their book would be showing a five ball over??? Either that or they added a dot ball to the over meaning that the number of balls in that over is different in the two books. It would be pretty obvious wouldn't it?

Interesting to see how this one unfolds. I hope Dederang haven't done the wrong thing here. It could give their club a really bad name.

If they did change the book after the match you've got to wonder why they would bother? They're not going to overtake New City and Albury and avoid relegation so why would they cheat for the sake of a couple of points?

Adding a no ball would be a pretty stupid way to do it if you were going to cheat. If they changed a dot to a no ball then surely their book would be showing a five ball over??? Either that or they added a dot ball to the over meaning that the number of balls in that over is different in the two books. It would be pretty obvious wouldn't it?

Interesting to see how this one unfolds. I hope Dederang haven't done the wrong thing here. It could give their club a really bad name.

I agree Sir Don, would surely tarnish a Clubs rep if the have but unfortunately, people do stupid things from time to time. Also does not sit well considering the 2nd grade clash between New City and Dederang at Dederang had an un-playable wicket due to water the second week and had to be called off before both teams even got to the ground. Results show that NC had them 8/26 over night and looked like an outright was on the cards. As CAW has already set the precedence on that matter we know what the outcome would be with that. I like Steve Keene's take on the alleged 'no ball' being found somewhere on the road between Albury and Dederang. Vintage Keene at play, considering that statement, I doubt NC are concerned at all.

Back