Cricket Victoria - South East Bayside League

While I tipped South, I wasn't expecting such a one-sided game. It would have been nice to follow it live on My Cricket though, especially given it's the premier grade of the comp. We were able to follow Divs 1, 2, 3 and 4. (Don't know about 5 and 6 - not enough interest in them)

While I tipped South, I wasn't expecting such a one-sided game. It would have been nice to follow it live on My Cricket though, especially given it's the premier grade of the comp. We were able to follow Divs 1, 2, 3 and 4. (Don't know about 5 and 6 - not enough interest in them)
That's up to the home club.

Mordialloc joining Championship, St Brigids to follow in Turf 2. . Massive get for the comp. Going from strength to strength.
Very good news. Another two first XIs will mean only a couple of 2nd XIs in Div 2. I guess this means Parkdale will join McKinnon dropping to Div 1, and Middle Park will be relegated to Div 2, along with Chelsea.

Very good news. Another two first XIs will mean only a couple of 2nd XIs in Div 2. I guess this means Parkdale will join McKinnon dropping to Div 1, and Middle Park will be relegated to Div 2, along with Chelsea.

Good for Mordialloc to join, very strong club with great people involved at all levels and massive junior program behind them. Don't see why Parkdale will drop back. Avoided relegation in a tough first season in Championship, will look at their recruitment of OS players closely in future, and let's not forget - got their by winning and on merit. Other choices to be made by CSB I'd suspect.

Would be the best thing for Middle Park , go back and get some confidence.

Correct, Premiers aren't promoted automatically anymore.
Fair enough. I had forgotten) that "CSB may extend an invitation for promotion to a team who wins the Premiership". So it could be Mordy in and McKinnon down. Bit tough on Aspendale in that case, and would also mean Middle Park stay in Div 1.
Of course, there's always rule 8.2.2 - CSB shall have the power to re grade any team at the end of a season should circumstances require it. So anything might happen!

That sounds a bit dramatic, 3 poms that I'm sure you'll replace, Hesline off to Premier? Another young kid may step up...
Nankervis and Seeary retire? Your seconds have been strong for years, I'm sure there's blokes that can cover.
2 flags in 2 years, think anyone would be happy with a reset year after that...

That sounds a bit dramatic, 3 poms that I'm sure you'll replace, Hesline off to Premier? Another young kid may step up...
Nankervis and Seeary retire? Your seconds have been strong for years, I'm sure there's blokes that can cover.
2 flags in 2 years, think anyone would be happy with a reset year after that...

I won’t go into details but that’s what’s happening. 2s and 3s struggles this year We are an ageing list it’s just a cycle I guess. It’s a great club with a big junior program and arguably the best facilities in the comp

So news is out, Parkdale remains in Championship. Bad luck to Aspendale and their Div 1 Premiers.
Good news with St Brigids/St Louis joining, with Turf 1 getting more depth and more teams on synthetic in SECA.
Emmanuel South Oakleigh also bringing an MCA team across into the One Day CSB grades.
The comp is getting stronger each year.

Bad luck too to Middle Park, who were relegated to Div 2 despite finishing 7th. Seems like there's no rule allowing relegation from 7th out of Championship, but you can be relegated in lower divisions. I might check out the rules... Here's the leader article announcing the decision:

Back