Cricket Victoria - South East Bayside League

Does this mean subbies will become a promotion/relegation model now that they got the extra teams?
What it means is that they are copying what CV ( with good management at that time ) proposed for regional cricket . There is a certain person high up there with a conflict with his connection to a Premier club . There's 2 votes !

What it means is that they are copying what CV ( with good management at that time ) proposed for regional cricket . There is a certain person high up there with a conflict with his connection to a Premier club . There's 2 votes !
Yes, 8 teams in each section instead of the current 7. Whether that will mean they will play four separate sections of 8 (14 rounds as per the CSB model), or continue with the pairing of sections and have 15 matches I don't know.

No there not and it is a copy of the CSB model , there are a couple of people driving this with a Subbies connection. It's amazing that a basket case like Kingston Hawthorn get nearly 70 K a year from CV.

No there not and it is a copy of the CSB model , there are a couple of people driving this with a Subbies connection. It's amazing that a basket case like Kingston Hawthorn get nearly 70 K a year from CV.

Turfie Turfie Turfie, so a comp that has been around 150 years is now copying one that has been around 5 minutes, right, OK. CSB is pretty much VTCA South on it's own now that CV have pulled their $100K admin man. I guess the VSDCA could be the Championship Division for each region post 21/22 if ECA, VTCA, and CSB are happy to be the 2nd tier and CV are happy to leave the DDCA out of it. I'm not sure that is likely, VSDCA likely just to keep on keeping on.

8 teams per section seems pretty critical, hence why they are opening the doors to anyone and everyone..
Are they still getting funding?????

VSDCA is receiving administration funding from CV.

It's fairly common knowledge that the CV Board is being led by the nose by 2 VSDCA aligned CV Board members and are only now catching on to the unintended consequences of the recent purge.

I think it important that as many people in community cricket realise that the VCA is currently being managed by a board installed with a simple goal. Stop investment in community clubs, remove funding from regions as per the CSB model and drive promotion of the VSDCA & Premier clubs.

Before this farce, a number of Metro Associations were in direct talks to follow the regional model.

The best outcome of that model and logical progression would have been an allocation of delegate votes within the VCA to balance the Premier (18) and VSDCA (2).

The reality of the VCA as an incorporated association is that it is a governance structure that provides outcomes for Premier and VSDCA, with community cricket clubs and associations as the near entirety of cricket in Victoria beggars at the table.

The VCA was formed in 1875 - based on recent events it doesn't seem to have progressed much further in governance and accountability.

Turfie Turfie Turfie, so a comp that has been around 150 years is now copying one that has been around 5 minutes, right, OK. CSB is pretty much VTCA South on it's own now that CV have pulled their $100K admin man. I guess the VSDCA could be the Championship Division for each region post 21/22 if ECA, VTCA, and CSB are happy to be the 2nd tier and CV are happy to leave the DDCA out of it. I'm not sure that is likely, VSDCA likely just to keep on keeping on.
Does the truth hurt . It's a disgrace what's happening . 2nd tier , South Caulfield would beat all Glen Eira clubs and maybe even Caulfield , even Ormond have done that

I guess that means Hampton would beat them all, including Caulfield!
After hearing this I suppose Hampton will be fighting with Beaumaris to take Moorabbin in Sub District when they move down the CSB or if it gets real bad for them the MCA.
As for beating Caulfield you wont beat them Oakleigh the same but you would be competitive against both clubs.

After hearing this I suppose Hampton will be fighting with Beaumaris to take Moorabbin in Sub District when they move down the CSB or if it gets real bad for them the MCA.
As for beating Caulfield you wont beat them Oakleigh the same but you would be competitive against both clubs.
Correct and probably Kingston - Hawthorn with the most hated bloke in cricket going there.

With most local football comps not starting local cricket can go back to a normal start.
Plus any word on the CSB 20/20 season could that be scrapped this year as I’m hearing Glen Eira Council could be adding an extra charge in fees for Tuesday or will they move to Sunday’s which mean the women may not be able to play on turf?

With most local football comps not starting local cricket can go back to a normal start.
Plus any word on the CSB 20/20 season could that be scrapped this year as I’m hearing Glen Eira Council could be adding an extra charge in fees for Tuesday or will they move to Sunday’s which mean the women may not be able to play on turf?

it looks like southern is still going ahead so 5 grounds Aspendale mordy chelt bentleigh and highett will be affected.
Might make it hard to do the fixture??

it looks like southern is still going ahead so 5 grounds Aspendale mordy chelt bentleigh and highett will be affected.
Won’t be hard as there won’t be local senior football as the VAFA is gone this season and the Southern are a joke plus are broke I think the decision to play by them will be taken out of they hands.

Not Aspendale (MPFL) but also includes Carnegie, Clayton, Dingley, Heatherton, Murrumbeena and Port Melbourne's 2nd ground.

Not Aspendale (MPFL) but also includes Carnegie, Clayton, Dingley, Heatherton, Murrumbeena and Port Melbourne's 2nd ground.

I knew I was missing some haha.
looks like southern is off now anyways so we should get a free run at our season depending on restrictions

I am convinced I saw on post on Facebook stating a November 7 start to the season. But it's not on the CSB website, and I can't remember where it came from. In any case, one would hope that if there is no local footy on any of the grounds then, there might be a chance of an on-time start.

I am convinced I saw on post on Facebook stating a November 7 start to the season. But it's not on the CSB website, and I can't remember where it came from. In any case, one would hope that if there is no local footy on any of the grounds then, there might be a chance of an on-time start.
Will start now at a normal time and councils have no excuse

Back