Darwin & District Cricket - 2013

Maybe you shouldn't have selected 8 bowlers? But i guess this year you have 9 seniors and only 2 kids compared to last year having 8 seniors and 3 kids..

Least they have some kids around. TV have pulled their 17's and 11's, 15's forfeited. With no kids they couldn't fill their C's who also forfeited. Two years without juniors pushing into seniors, the future doesn't look too flash at the moment. Heard Palmo maybe short on the junior side as well, although they put full junior teams out on the weekend.

In a broader sense, maybe this a reflection of Australian Cricket. National team is ordinary, so get no interest from the kids in playing. NSP get your crap together.

what kids do SD have? there all kids! they didnt have one junior in the a grade at all! 11 and 0 and still didnt get the win maybe they do need 2 kids

Mong you write like a mong, your comments are muddled. .. One minute you ask what kids they have, next sentence you claim they are all kids, next sentence you say they didnt play one junior and then you say they need 2 kids...

Not sure if you were present but I was referring to Towelettes speech at the season launch last week.

towelettes speech oh big deal! lets him speech it up all he wants! TC you have had one win and your pumping your chest out like you have won the flag one game id be supprised if you win 2 in a row all year! Wait is that muddled for you! ill simplfly it for you! NIGHTCLIFF IS SHIT! looking forward to playing against you!

towelettes speech oh big deal! lets him speech it up all he wants! TC you have had one win and your pumping your chest out like you have won the flag one game id be supprised if you win 2 in a row all year! Wait is that muddled for you! ill simplfly it for you! NIGHTCLIFF IS SHIT! looking forward to playing against you!

haha settle down mong, just querying your hard to read comment. I dont play for nightcliff either. Where at any stage was I 'pumping my chest'??

As Chips mentioned earlier we have a bit of an umpiring crisis this year with a handful of umpires no longer available to do saturday afternoons. Weekend just gone we had one umpire for each of the three grade games. This weekend only 2 of the three grade games are going have to an umpire. Palmy and Tahs are going to have to fend for themselves this week. Next week I think we will have our current full contingent on the field, a total of four grade umpires. We are holding an umpiring course in the next couple of weeks if anyone is interested in joining our ranks.

Good to see that clubs are well on top of mycricket entries again.

In a broader sense, maybe this a reflection of Australian Cricket. National team is ordinary, so get no interest from the kids in playing. NSP get your crap together.

Reminds of when the national team was too good and therefore it was thought it would kill Australian cricket. If you have a mass exodus of players, there is something clearly wrong at your club. Tahs in 2007 had all their juniors go to Darwin, while TV had the majority of their seniors turn over in the space of two or three seasons. Both these clubs now don't have strong cricket people with an interest in developing juniors and haven't attempted to recruit such people (edit: from what I am aware).

Tracy Village C grade have officially withdrawn from the competition. Darwin may enter a second C grade side.

Waratah vs Palmerston match was reduced to 40 overs and 12:30pm start due to no umpires.

NT Strike will definitely be playing in the SACA Super League, this means that the Calder Shield is likely to be played mid-year with a date to be confirmed.

Hopefully the competition evens up a bit otherwise it maybe a long season for a couple of clubs.

Will be interesting to see how PINTS batting order looks this weekend. After the first 2 rounds they have only lost 6 wickets in 90 overs of batting and the same order has been played both times. Top 4 of Garner, Calkin, Berry and Lavers looks unbeatable at present, however I feel a shake up in the order to ensure that all of their batsmen get time in the middle so that when they play against a better bowling attack, where there is a possibility of losing wickets they have all areas covered.

opinion on darwin's second c grade side?

Providing they are able to put 11 on the field every week and are competitive its good for local cricket. It will become bad if Darwin play people out of different grades leaving other grades short. However, I'm aware of the amount of young talent available to Darwin for it's juniors and believe it is a great stepping stone for them into a higher level of cricket.

Great start to the season for some and terrible for others depending which side of the scoreboard you stand. I can't remember a season where so many high scores have been tallied this early. Tells me that there is a fair gap between the top and bottom sides and/OR due to an early finish in wet season rains that wickets are receptive to quality one day cricket. The next month should have some interesting games when the top teams clash.

Darwin still looking like the team to beat with one day cricket. They seem to have a definite strategy that works for them. 3-in-a-row?

On a seperate note, if umpire abuse is so prevalent that it is causing umpires to leave the game, why has there not been any suspensions recently over this? Have I missed them?

Back