Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Bell Post Hill

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nobody

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Re: New club Coaches/Captains/Players for 2009/10

ants14;348550 said:
Bad luck Rissole, I wanted to play against you this year...maybe i can play with you instead? Where are you playing J.P?

Where are we going to play Ants?

Jurassic Park;349260 said:
Only took me a week a few brown lemonades to remember, Funny didn't remember it till about 3am in the morning watchin EPL. . . . was quite funny :D

I had a suspicion your password was 'Gabriel Agbonlahor' :D

Well D- Day has finally arrived boys, what will the competition look like for this upcoming season? I bet there are a lot of Presidents, committee members, coaches, captains and players waiting on the outcome of tonights meeting with a few nerves in the belly. Some clubs will be very happy, some will be dissapointed. Some will be suprised and others will be relieved. There will be a lot of blokes waiting around the phone about 11 o'clock tonight, lets just hope everything is done fairly and the correct decisions are made.
( Division 2)

supersaintjohnny;349346 said:
Well D- Day has finally arrived boys, what will the competition look like for this upcoming season? I bet there are a lot of Presidents, committee members, coaches, captains and players waiting on the outcome of tonights meeting with a few nerves in the belly. Some clubs will be very happy, some will be dissapointed. Some will be suprised and others will be relieved. There will be a lot of blokes waiting around the phone about 11 o'clock tonight, lets just hope everything is done fairly and the correct decisions are made.

Surely the affected clubs would have been told by now (GCA meeting starts in an hour). Mano certainly already believe they are back into GCA1.

I'm guessing this will be a busy thread tonight/tomorrow.....

Look here;349382 said:
Surely the affected clubs would have been told by now (GCA meeting starts in an hour). Mano certainly already believe they are back into GCA1.

I'm guessing this will be a busy thread tonight/tomorrow.....

Hopefully someone in the know can keep us updated;)

I'm lead to believe that:
GCA1 will have Manifold up and NDCC down
GCA2 will have Guild Saints up and Corio down
GCA3 will have St Albans in to remove the bye.

What do people think, fair or not? For me I would have thought Thomson were in better shape than Manifold to go up.

I would be surprised if all the GCA3 clubs survived from last year, there seemed to be a heap of clubs that had merged to get through last season.

ants14;349394 said:
we rissole are playing at north, let me know how u find the oval on saturday for footy. i think you'll enjoy the pleasurable surface.

Can't wait Ants, I'll bring a coathanger to mark my territory to get ready for the summer sports ;)

I also love playing footy, nothing better than running around on a Saturday afternoon :eek:

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;349396 said:

What do people think, fair or not? For me I would have thought Thomson were in better shape than Manifold to go up.

I would be surprised if all the GCA3 clubs survived from last year, there seemed to be a heap of clubs that had merged to get through last season.

Based on this season you would think Thomson were in better shape but we have to take into consideration the 3 year rolling average, which I am led to believe puts Manifold in front.

St Albans will obliterate most teams in Division 3 if they keep there current crop and the said recruits do indeed come to the club, but I suppose they need to do their pennance in the bottom division according to the rumours from the GCA HQ.

Anyone heard any news from the GCA Meeting? Thought GCA_IPL might've been streaming live haha :D

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;349396 said:

Lads, Manifold must be scratching their heads from one season to the next wondering what comp they are playing in. One of you more learned gents put something down on paper for us on what their recent history has been. Up and down more times than a honeymooner's sheets; would give me the shits. NDCC down, all saw that coming; just time to do some hard yards now JP; club will be stronger for it. GSM up is a joke on the surface; GCA relegated them to get their house in order; Badger, etc, please advise what the club has done to improve itself; not having a shot here, just keen to know. Assume still no juniors? Thank the lord for that turf you have. Corio down; had to happen. Rabble, absolute rabble. Played 2nds against them last year and they had 9 players and one of those was a bloke off the street. Having blokes turn up who played for them the season before to drink cans. StAlbans-B in Div 3; well SBW and boys, just one of those things and just take that season and try and win everything in sight, make sure everything is spot on in the backyard and then you go up. Big news also in Robert Agg stepping down.

What everyone expected did happen at the GCA meeting, including Robert Agg stepping down as President after 5 years. Interesting over the 3 year average for the division one sides that Geelong West were ranked 11th, above Newcomb, so if West had not have picked up the 3-4 guys that they did pick up in their ones this season, including Chapell, Loftus and return of Hill they in fact may have found themselves in Division 2. Pretty cut throat !! I think the GCA will be putting in a T20 comp in some format from next season, which would then see the winner of that comp representing the region in the following years Cricket Victoria T20 Comp. I would assume that would leave this years representative as South Barwon for being last season's champions. Also the GCA will be using Kookaburra balls for the next three years with the new exclusive agreement. Interesting to see how that goes. A number of clubs were concerned about the uneven draws and were looking to go back to 11 two day games so no teams played each other twice, but I think majority of clubs still wanted to play a mixture of one and two day games. Final 6 looked to be what most people wanted also.

thommy_rissole;349411 said:
Based on this season you would think Thomson were in better shape but we have to take into consideration the 3 year rolling average, which I am led to believe puts Manifold in front.

St Albans will obliterate most teams in Division 3 if they keep there current crop and the said recruits do indeed come to the club, but I suppose they need to do their pennance in the bottom division according to the rumours from the GCA HQ.

Anyone heard any news from the GCA Meeting? Thought GCA_IPL might've been streaming live haha :D

Renny24;349417 said:
Lads, Manifold must be scratching their heads from one season to the next wondering what comp they are playing in. One of you more learned gents put something down on paper for us on what their recent history has been. Up and down more times than a honeymooner's sheets; would give me the shits. NDCC down, all saw that coming; just time to do some hard yards now JP; club will be stronger for it. GSM up is a joke on the surface; GCA relegated them to get their house in order; Badger, etc, please advise what the club has done to improve itself; not having a shot here, just keen to know. Assume still no juniors? Thank the lord for that turf you have. Corio down; had to happen. Rabble, absolute rabble. Played 2nds against them last year and they had 9 players and one of those was a bloke off the street. Having blokes turn up who played for them the season before to drink cans. StAlbans-B in Div 3; well SBW and boys, just one of those things and just take that season and try and win everything in sight, make sure everything is spot on in the backyard and then you go up. Big news also in Robert Agg stepping down.

Yeah it's a little bit disappointing to basically have to play hard wicket, there will be a lot of disappointed people at the club I'd imagine after all the hard work that's been put in over the last two years. I guess we just need to stick together and have a successful year in all 4 grades or 3 grades whatever div3 is.

We've kept all our players and added a few, the good thing is that the players we have at the moment are keen on the bigger picture beyond this season.

The thing I don't understand is why St Albans weren't allowed to attend the meeting:eek:, were all the other clubs represented?

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;349435 said:
Yeah it's a little bit disappointing to basically have to play hard wicket, there will be a lot of disappointed people at the club I'd imagine after all the hard work that's been put in over the last two years. I guess we just need to stick together and have a successful year in all 4 grades or 3 grades whatever div3 is.

We've kept all our players and added a few, the good thing is that the players we have at the moment are keen on the bigger picture beyond this season.

The thing I don't understand is why St Albans weren't allowed to attend the meeting:eek:, were all the other clubs represented?

I think it is because it is not until 1st July when the club is actually in the GCA, so the AGM which is on the 3rd week of July (I think) would be able to be attended by St Alban's. There was no discussion on what Division that St Albans would be playing as I assume that must have already been discussed between the club and the GCA.

gca_ipl;349445 said:
I think it is because it is not until 1st July when the club is actually in the GCA, so the AGM which is on the 3rd week of July (I think) would be able to be attended by St Alban's. There was no discussion on what Division that St Albans would be playing as I assume that must have already been discussed between the club and the GCA.

That make sense then just didn't seem right.

The GCA never told the club anything, the first we heard about it was on here and our President found out we were in div3 from me after i read it on here.

That's professional by the GCA:rolleyes:

G'day all. GCA made there decisions and whether we like them or not, we just have to move on. So we are Div.2 (NDCC) so be it. Don't like it but not the end of the world. As stated in an earlier post just need to do the hard yards and work on getting back.

I think it is great that St.Albans are in the GCA full stop and it is only a matter of time, sooner rather than later that they will progress through the Divisions. Some very passionate people at this club.

As for the Dino's holding onto players?? Yes they can hold onto them and be with in the rules. When asked my opinion, I wouldn't hold anyone, as I don't believe in holding players against their will. Doesn't mean you don't talk to them which means the first clearance may be knocked back, but alternately the clearance will be granted. There are a few that would have open clearances and have already gone and signed or about to with other clubs and good luck to them. They really disrespected the captain and the club last season and I'm sure they will be great at another club. They pouted like 5 year olds when they didn't get there way. They were supposed to be leaders and senior players.
And just for the record; I can't remember ever that Newcomb didn't clear anyone that wanted to leave, unless it was owed money for outstanding subs, membership etc. No club would.

Good luck to All Clubs.

SHANEBOURNEorWARNE;349451 said:
That's professional by the GCA:rolleyes:

Whoaaaah, don't get off on the wrong foot SBoW :D

So I think this needs to be bought up:

How do St Alban's get promoted to Division 2 (next season) if they don't have a 3 year rolling average from 2 previous seasons (this is of course due to the imminent destruction St Albans will cause in Division 3 in 09/10).

Discuss.

thommy_rissole;349480 said:

How do St Alban's get promoted to Division 2 (next season) if they don't have a 3 year rolling average from 2 previous seasons (this is of course due to the imminent destruction St Albans will cause in Division 3 in 09/10).

Discuss.

??????? feels like in THE TWILIGHT ZONE!!! NO that would be normal.

GCA will probably change rules again once they think one of there elite clubs are near the danger zone and clubs from this side of the river casts serious threats to the organization.

Hard Hitter;349483 said:
??????? feels like in THE TWILIGHT ZONE!!! NO that would be normal.

GCA will probably change rules again once they think one of there elite clubs are near the danger zone and clubs from this side of the river casts serious threats to the organization.

Couldn't have said it any better!!!!

Discuss.
good point rissole..does that mean st albans have to spend 3 years in divi 3 before they would be leading the rolling average..

also wat happens with manifolds average now.. last 2 years first year they made a granny and faired pretty poorly the second year.. if they have another bad year.. would that put them straight back into the relegation category

Discuss.

Cmon Rissole a bit of common sense has to come into play here. Surely they have to take into account ground, facilities, membership, sponsors, juniors, players, committee and all the other things that make up a club. Talking about the 3 year rolling average surely is ignorant on your behalf mate, considering we are a new club coming into the league. Sounds like you think we should be in div3? Pretty dissapointing, thought you would have enjoyed the challenge?

supersaintjohnny;349515 said:
Cmon Rissole a bit of common sense has to come into play here. Surely they have to take into account ground, facilities, membership, sponsors, juniors, players, committee and all the other things that make up a club. Talking about the 3 year rolling average surely is ignorant on your behalf mate, considering we are a new club coming into the league. Sounds like you think we should be in div3? Pretty dissapointing, thought you would have enjoyed the challenge?

I am pretty sure that the three year rolling average only applies to club's in division one, so the three year average does not apply to other divisions, ie. Corio were put down on this year, and Manifold were put up based only on this season ??

supersaintjohnny;349515 said:

Common sense and the GCA have never seen eye-to-eye junior.

I have said from the start that St Albans should be in at least Division 2 in my personal opinion but it was clear all along that the league would only accept you into Division3, so hardly being ignorant there. If anything it was educated and informed as to what the league would do. Not pie in the sky stuff.

The 3 year rolling average is why we're not in Division 1 at the moment so I'm hardly going to be one to endorse it, but I posed the question as to how it would now work with a new team entering our competition.

Here's me hoping that in a few seasons we're both playing in the pointy end of the season in the top division, showing HQ that teams from this side of the river can compete with the best.

Back