DVCA Barclay Shield 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA Barclay Shield 09/10

cold case;364331 said:
Macleod to improve vastly. Plenty to be knocking on the door . Last years Grand finalist Lalor Stars and Premiers Mernda again have to play above themselves to be considered top 4. Lower Eltham who dominated last year and by all reports are losing their key bowler might have to change their game plan up a bit.
I have a feeling Bundoora might jump the most in ladder rankings this year.

Not too sure about that. Rumour is the big fella who can bat a bit may not be available to play this year. They have picked up a couple of bats from Oak Park, and a player from England, but still lacking quality bowlers. O'leary has filled out a bit more ( built like a mini-keaysey ) and has picked up another yard.

serg fernandez;364523 said:
Not too sure about that. Rumour is the big fella who can bat a bit may not be available to play this year. They have picked up a couple of bats from Oak Park, and a player from England, but still lacking quality bowlers. O'leary has filled out a bit more ( built like a mini-keaysey ) and has picked up another yard.

Jeez he must look fit then. lol :eek:
Waddingham wiould be a massive loss!

cold case;364525 said:
Jeez he must look fit then. lol :eek:
Waddingham wiould be a massive loss!

Getting quite broad in the shoulders, with matching arse to boot haha !
Lynchy not playing either apparently, however, new bats look ok to cover the losses. A fit Tim Wise would be handy as well, but can never see it happenning. He is the Tom Williams of the DVCA

serg fernandez;364523 said:

he might make himself available for e grade again

Re: DVCA: Barclay Shield

BIG GAME STAR;364669 said:
are the juniors fixtures out yet

Not that I know of. There is a meeting on Monday to discuss whether to go with the new age re-structure or to stay status quo. If the re-structure is voted in I am not sure whether it will implemented this season or next?
I would think that it is too late for this season?
I am tipping that the junior fixtures will be up this week.

BIG GAME STAR;364669 said:
are the juniors fixtures out yet

Are you fair dinkum? Does it matter? You know what day juniors start, why would it matter who you play? Surely it is all about getting the boys/girls a game!

George;364693 said:
Are you fair dinkum? Does it matter? You know what day juniors start, why would it matter who you play? Surely it is all about getting the boys/girls a game!

Of course it matters, people need to know when/where etc. Yes, it's about giving people a game and getting them involved but there are still things to organise.

CricketBox;364302 said:
Righto boys, time to see what everyone thinks of the upcoming season. Fill in the gaps.....................

Who will win it?

Who will play finals?

Who will just miss out?

Who will dominate?

Who will surprise?

Who will disappoint?

Who will be relegated?

Who will win the medal?

Who will win the batting ave?
Who will win the bowling ave?

Cold Case, can we run a tipping comp on some of these or a book of some sort? I'm happy to scrounge up a fake market on most runs, most wickets, premiers and medal winner..................we can all have a punt.

CricketBox if you want to esimate some markets for the 4 categories above, then we can get the ball rolling.
Thanks CC.

CricketBox;364302 said:
Righto boys, time to see what everyone thinks of the upcoming season. Fill in the gaps.....................

Who will win it?

Who will play finals?

Who will just miss out?

Who will dominate?

Who will surprise?

Who will disappoint?

Who will be relegated?

Who will win the medal?

Who will win the batting ave?

Who will win the bowling ave?

Cold Case, can we run a tipping comp on some of these or a book of some sort? I'm happy to scrounge up a fake market on most runs, most wickets, premiers and medal winner..................we can all have a punt.

Well, less than 3 weeks again and it's time for predictions. The competition is very even. Haven't heard many player movements as yet apart from Salvatore to Plenty and Jesensek and Perera to Stars. Here are my predictions remembering I haven't heard many changes and just going on last season alot

Premiers:
Lalor Stars

Who will play finals:
Lalor Stars
Epping
Plenty
Lower Eltham

Who will just miss out:
Mernda
Diamond Creek

Who will disappoint:
North Eltham (There own supporters)
Mernda (Doing a Hawthorn)

Who will win the medal:
Burgs (lol)
Curtin

Who will dominate:
Lalor Stars
Nick Curtin (Will make 600+ this year)

Who will surprise:
Burgs. (Will bowl unchanged from one end all year)

Who will win be relegated:
North Eltham

Who will win the batting ave:
Nick Curtin

Who will win the bowling ave:
Greg Wilson

Here are some of my selections. Some of them are serious, but alot of them i'm just having a bit of a laugh. Don't take them too seriously.

See what Tradelink does to ya! Makes us not think straight. I see you have put the pressure on the Stars. Thanks for that.
Nah seriously, Lower Eltham may even go through undefeated this year! Burgs to bowl 400 overs and take the season ever high of 62 wickets.

cold case;364735 said:
See what Tradelink does to ya! Makes us not think straight. I see you have put the pressure on the Stars. Thanks for that.
Nah seriously, Lower Eltham may even go through undefeated this year! Burgs to bowl 400 overs and take the season ever high of 62 wickets.

To be beaten by yourself case who'll bowl 600 overs and take 80 wickets and take six months to recover.

The430king;364754 said:
To be beaten by yourself case who'll bowl 600 overs and take 80 wickets and take six months to recover.

Not a hope in hell. If you have been reading lately, last seasons' coach Mark Marshall has been bowling the house down. He obviously bowls well at indoor cricket where this years coach runs. He keeps telling me that this bowling caper is easy. He did clean bowl me from 2 full bungers the other night ! Fast as! Would have helped if Alex had of turned the lights on!:D:D
If he bowls 100 overs we will dominate Money Shield next year!:D

cold case;364755 said:
Not a hope in hell. If you have been reading lately, last seasons' coach Mark Marshall has been bowling the house down. He obviously bowls well at indoor cricket where this years coach runs. He keeps telling me that this bowling caper is easy. He did clean bowl me from 2 full bungers the other night ! Fast as! Would have helped if Alex had of turned the lights on!:D:D
If he bowls 100 overs we will dominate Money Shield next year!:D

Lights on or not, you swing from the backside with your eyes closed anyway?

The430king;364757 said:
Lights on or not, you swing from the backside with your eyes closed anyway?

In between facing deliberate short pitched bowling, I spend my 8 minutes batting time trying to hit the back net as hard as I can. They have all learnt now as they stand in a more safer place!

legend of a bear;364761 said:
Just been downstairs to the bar....rumour doing the rounds is that Flinders signed with Bundoora today. $5 per run

I dont believe Flinders would go back home and ask for money. I believe he is back there. Wasn't too happy with the way Monty handled the coaching thing. This did not come from him but from an avid onlooker. Again only one side of the story!

legend of a bear;364766 said:
CC, who was the last person you know that went to Bundoora without the lure of the folding stuff?

I was recruited by Mark Maxwell from South Morang. No money was talked about. They then offered me good incentives but I asked for $100 bucks a game. 2 season later I was getting almost 3 times that much. I was paid but definately not lured. Always offered good incentives. Some years I would have lost by having a set payment rather than incentives. I just thought money for wickets and runs was a bit shalow. It cost me 80 bucks a week in cigarettes. Scotty Gilchrist, Flinders and Decka would have got leather poisening if they had of opened up the wallets!:D
I would think they budget fairly well at Bundoora. If they need to pay for recruits to give them every chance, good luck to them. We do at the Stars. Not by design but there aint a lot of kids coming through. Again if we didn't have the coin we wouldn't entertain it. Doesnt always get you the silverware though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back