DVCA Barclay Shield 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA Barclay Shield 09/10

vinnie bolzano;396290 said:
leigh mctaggart has signed to play at north eltham for season 2010-2011!!great news for the wanderers.good luck to everyone next year.

$6k per season?

Searcher1;396419 said:
Yes can confirm this, sad news for research cc , will have to find another opening bowler / captain/ coach / 2nd best batter, very big shoes to fill!

From a bowling perspective moreso than the batting! We can`t ever have a situation where our 2nd best batsman is coming in at 8 or 9 whilst inexperienced kids are batting up the order trying to survive against the likes of Rosbrook, Hursts, Bakers and co. I might even live up to my nick name here and say that the those kids might feel a bit betrayed they had to bat up the order and bare the brunt to protect him, when he should of batted up the order to to protect and guide them. Leigh had a great year and deserved to be ranked up there in the top dozen Barclay players, but those kids showed alot of maturity and courage on occasions in order for him to be able to achieve that! Not to mention the great performance of GT with bat and ball as well! A part of me thinks he should have put aside whatever issues he perceived (like I and others have) in order to hang around and repay those kids, however another part says go away enjoy your cricket and cleanse the soul a bit for a couple of years in a new environment. His decision, made by himself and at the end of the day he`s only 26 and will welcomed back anytime in the future.

North Eltham are well and truly cashed up due to not having any players worthy of paying previously. 10K is what I've heard and I hope he enjoys carrying a bunch of 2nd raters

Teapicker;396626 said:
North Eltham are well and truly cashed up due to not having any players worthy of paying previously. 10K is what I've heard and I hope he enjoys carrying a bunch of 2nd raters

ha ha. I like it. Lucky we are cashed up because we payed your mum 10k this season just gone to service all us second raters week in week out. She loved every second of it. Let her know we are taking a different path this year and she is no longer required.

Rumour: Adam Dale (reigning Premier Cricket premiership Captain/Coach at MCC) to Captain/Coach Research next year. If so, the DVCA will need to bring in the 4 piece ball otherwise he will dominate!

five80;396671 said:
rumour: Adam dale (reigning premier cricket premiership captain/coach at mcc) to captain/coach research next year. If so, the dvca will need to bring in the 4 piece ball otherwise he will dominate!
heard he might be going back to parade from a guy who plays there ????

five80;396671 said:
Rumour: Adam Dale (reigning Premier Cricket premiership Captain/Coach at MCC) to Captain/Coach Research next year. If so, the DVCA will need to bring in the 4 piece ball otherwise he will dominate!

He always said he would finish off at Research. Only problem is that he might be 50 when he does!

cold case;396701 said:
he always said he would finish off at research. Only problem is that he might be 50 when he does!
even with the 4 peice ball he will dominate.
Only a handful of dvca bowlers would have used one previously.

He doesnt bowl short, just good line & length and moves the ball - would take 50-60 wickets you would think.

vinnie bolzano;396290 said:
leigh mctaggart has signed to play at north eltham for season 2010-2011!!great news for the wanderers.good luck to everyone next year.

Not that anybody greatly cares about the NEWCC on this forum, thank you Teapicker you drop kick, but just to round out the recruitment news of Leigh McTaggert, we have also signed a new Captain Coach from outside of the the DVCA.

He came runner up in the comp medal this season. Will be a a fantastic addition to compliment the recruitment of McTaggert. A true leader of men and a great cricketer to boot.

Too Easy;396997 said:
Not that anybody greatly cares about the NEWCC on this forum, thank you Teapicker you drop kick, but just to round out the recruitment news of Leigh McTaggert, we have also signed a new Captain Coach from outside of the the DVCA.

He came runner up in the comp medal this season. Will be a a fantastic addition to compliment the recruitment of McTaggert. A true leader of men and a great cricketer to boot.

For those of us that didn't attend the comp presentation, who are you referring to?

Too Easy;396997 said:

Great. It's good to see you get serious when you drop down to Money. An easy kill for your new recruits no doubt and McTaggert will enjoy bowling to the 14 and 15 year olds at some clubs. You never know with some outside influences some ticker may finally be introduced into the club.

Bundoora;397032 said:
For those of us that didn't attend the comp presentation, who are you referring to?
TURNER OR DUGGIN - WHICH MEDAL WAS THIS PLAYER RUNNER UP FOR??

BARCLAY SHIELD
Christesen Medal
17 Luke Rosbrook PY
17 Paul Baker ME
16 Glen Turner RH
14 Mark Minney EL
13 Leigh McTaggart RH
11 Rob Wise MC
10 Scott Gibbs RV

MONEY SHIELD
Gleeson Medal
21 Jason McGann CT
20 Greg Duggin SF
14 Glen Motschall PH
12 Chris Paine EC
12 Dave Potter LP
12 Daniel Sadowy HB

THE PREZ;397075 said:
TURNER OR DUGGIN - WHICH MEDAL WAS THIS PLAYER RUNNER UP FOR??

BARCLAY SHIELD
Christesen Medal
17 Luke Rosbrook PY
17 Paul Baker ME
16 Glen Turner RH
14 Mark Minney EL
13 Leigh McTaggart RH
11 Rob Wise MC
10 Scott Gibbs RV

MONEY SHIELD
Gleeson Medal
21 Jason McGann CT
20 Greg Duggin SF
14 Glen Motschall PH
12 Chris Paine EC
12 Dave Potter LP
12 Daniel Sadowy HB

I'll think you'll find it's another comp. No one in with any abillity or ticker will be going there.

Teapicker;397082 said:
I'll think you'll find it's another comp. No one in with any abillity or ticker will be going there.

We'd take Turner 100 times over. We wouldnt take Duggin or any of his mates in a 100 million years. We would take the Teapicker before Duggin. Every body is laughing at us, least with TeaPicker with us it would give us something to laugh at for the year.

Too Easy;397138 said:
We'd take Turner 100 times over. We wouldnt take Duggin or any of his mates in a 100 million years. We would take the Teapicker before Duggin. Every body is laughing at us, least with TeaPicker with us it would give us something to laugh at for the year.

Have heard that GT will be signing with his little DJ mate and playing a season or 2 in the 'Money'

WanderingUnity;397191 said:
Have heard that GT will be signing with his little DJ mate and playing a season or 2 in the 'Money'

Give me a break! Turnz may be laid back but he has a bit of pride in himself to do that and unlike some, not prone to the soft option.

Too Easy;397138 said:

up playing some terrible golf at moama on the weekend and ran into a mate who is the president of belgrave CC and he said that their captain coach is the one the wanderers are chasing, and he has told belgrave only if he doesn't get their job will he go to North Eltham, so maybe the deal isn't done.

one shot;397470 said:
up playing some terrible golf at moama on the weekend and ran into a mate who is the president of belgrave CC and he said that their captain coach is the one the wanderers are chasing, and he has told belgrave only if he doesn't get their job will he go to North Eltham, so maybe the deal isn't done.

Its done. Leigh Newey is signed, sealed and well and truely delivered. Pre season starts in 3 weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back