DVCA Barclay Shield 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA Barclay Shield 09/10

Tongs;370490 said:
Come on Chug, what are you on about? Yes the ELtham of the early 90s choked just as much as Jenna Jameson, and we are the first to admit that! But the difference is, they were actually there. You guys have failed to play finals a couple of times when you shouldn't have. Of late we simply have not had the cattle to compete, and therefore are not up there. Yet you guys have quite a few very good cricketers, but can't get near it!

I will say that I hate Riverside. Not because of the players or anything like that, I hate the club because they are a very strong and competitive club. I have lost i think 7 finals games to you guys over my career. So I have the utmost respect for the whole club, not to mention that you have a group of quality boys down there, who I get along with many of them.

But you are under achieving and have for a number of years! You cannot denie that!

Yeah I remember Eltham in the 90's, the legendary Eltham names running around, Bubis, Pavey & Monar. I cant understand where it all went wrong.

100% BULL;370531 said:
Yeah I remember Eltham in the 90's, the legendary Eltham names running around, Bubis, Pavey & Monar. I cant understand where it all went wrong.

Skips is a bit stiff not to be mentioned on the list!

What went wrong? losing 7 for 21 to lose by 7 runs! Fair to say those guys don't like talking about it all that much!

Tongs;370518 said:
How hard was it for you to not include your self in this group? Or is "co" another nickname for you? :)

I'm just a battler that talks umpires into LBW's!:D

Bowls Steam;370326 said:
As for eltham going down, they were very close last year and i doubt its looking any better for you.

i wouldn't underestimate eltham, because cricket is a funny game and i have a feeling that they could cause an upset, which i hope they don't but i would rather not be too cocky.

100% BULL;370530 said:
Looks like your brain is back from holidays;)

Thankyou Craig. I haven't written something that long in ages.

On a bright note at Lalor. Finally we were granted access to the new clubrooms/pavillion. Almost 12 months to the day. I thank all supporters for their patience. Still probably 2 weeks away from being reasonably furnished though.

Tongs;370543 said:

What went wrong? losing 7 for 21 to lose by 7 runs! Fair to say those guys don't like talking about it all that much!

Still remember that day Quinny. Still shaking my head over that.

Nawab of Pautadi;370842 said:
It was rivetting stuff 430KG. Shite are you really that heavy?:D

I've dropped down to 425 now. One of my favourite days seeing Eltham self destruct like that. I had a giggle to myself. It wasnt as good as Monty being up by 40 points 20 minutes into the 3rd quarter in last years grand final and then having a brain malfunction.

The430king;370809 said:
Is that all you are case. Your always going to take wickets when you bowl 600,000 overs

JL, I hit the 600,000 mark when I was 28. Good strike rate hey. A wicket every 70 overs.

Really getting the feel that the boys from D Creek this year are serious contenders. Have flown under the radar somewhat but some decent performances have really indicated that they are round the mark in 09/10. Thoughts?

LegB4;370951 said:
Really getting the feel that the boys from D Creek this year are serious contenders. Have flown under the radar somewhat but some decent performances have really indicated that they are round the mark in 09/10. Thoughts?

The Creek are their usual! Good side without being awesome. 320 is a very good score, but to drop EVERY SINGLE batsmen on around 20, they should have made 380+ especially the calibre of bastmen they have. The ground is extremely fast too!

LegB4;370951 said:

Yeah i would have to agree with you to an extent there, they haven't yet played any of the top sides to date, of the barclay shield, teams like Epping and Plenty. Although i have to say, some of their best players have performed already like, T.McLean, J.Williams and W.Glynn. Will have to wait and see, there is still a lot of games to be played this season in barclay shield. Anything can happen

cold case;370860 said:
JL, I hit the 600,000 mark when I was 28. Good strike rate hey. A wicket every 70 overs.

They are JL's stats too, yet slightly different. 600,000 cans by the time he was 28 (many many years ago) and a can every 70 minutes.

Good to see Riverside make a strong start agaisnt Lalor, 220 is a good score but it will take some good bowling. Gibbs and the crew will be to strong i reckon, Lalor's batting not quite there but it'll be a good defend and chase to watch. And with Scotty Gibbs giving one over to Lalor at the end, in my mind it was a good tactic didn't quite work but good thinking i reckon. Thourghts???

Tongs;370543 said:

Not really, those other blokes can all obviously play and skips is the equal of all of them, but he is loyal which is something the others weren't. I was being sarcastic about the others.

Tongs;371366 said:
They are JL's stats too, yet slightly different. 600,000 cans by the time he was 28 (many many years ago) and a can every 70 minutes.

Give me credit, a can every 70 minutes, please spare me pal

Wattle Glenn 2010;370327 said:
Thats a fair point,
The Riverside point is thier and i can see how they are seen as chockers.
But i have a mate that plays 4ths down thier and he says thier ones are looking the goods and If Scott Gibbs is firing then thier a big chance to play finals, you have a look at thier next few games, if they can get up this match against Lalor then they have Eltham Research and Macloed any DVCA supporter would think that would leave Riverside 6 and zip but you never know.

Thats what I called getting ahead of one's self. And I wouldn't under rate any of the other sides you mentioned either . Maybe you could pencil in Research as a gimme, but not the others at this stage

serg fernandez;371985 said:
Thats what I called getting ahead of one's self. And I wouldn't under rate any of the other sides you mentioned either . Maybe you could pencil in Research as a gimme, but not the others at this stage

your kidding yourself, they were 6-51 and a bloke who cant bat came out and smashed 80. Albeit Voppe batted beautifully from all reports
Will beat eltham comfortably, macleod maybe, research, does anyone bother turning up?

turtz31;372021 said:
your kidding yourself, they were 6-51 and a bloke who cant bat came out and smashed 80. Albeit Voppe batted beautifully from all reports
Will beat eltham comfortably, macleod maybe, research, does anyone bother turning up?

The fat bloke you are talking about is a wicket keeper who is averaging in the
mid 30's over the past 4 years. He has won a batting average, made an "A" grade ton and now an 83. He also clean bowled Elliot Smale last week. Not bad for a dud. I reckon he batted better than Volpe also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back