DVCA Barclay Shield 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA Barclay Shield 09/10

The Wizz;372778 said:
No he is from Mill Park if he keeps going I will name and shame him!

its tremayne ryder im best mates with me he tells me everything some days he should learn to shut his mouth

199 not out;372779 said:
its tremayne ryder im best mates with me he tells me everything some days he should learn to shut his mouth

Did the little wart have a crack at me?

Tongs;372758 said:
Simply answer: NO!

Secondly, Baker is Mernda. If he misses a game and I don't care who it is against, they will not win. It's not disrespectful at all, its my opinion which is warrented based on their performances thus far. To say they won the flag last year means NOTHING! Look at Hawthorn. They have started terribly you're right. And it will continue this way until Baker has a day out.

As for Research they deserve everything they get at the moment. To put in an insipid performance like that is nothing short or embarrassing! And they will know that thenmselves. Their depth is not there, and they know they are pushing it up hill this year!

You're probabaly one of the more qualified blokes to talk about Baker being the only thing Mernda have - being that you're own club is very much a one man club, probably even more so.

If Minney doesn't play Eltham don't win, and even when he does play and has a 'day out' as you call it as he did on the weekend.... Yep, still lost.

I think you add value to this forum, and best of luck to you, but come off it champion. Have a look in your own backyard before you go round slagging off a club that's just won a Barclay Shield as a one man unit.

captain cuzz;372824 said:
You're probabaly one of the more qualified blokes to talk about Baker being the only thing Mernda have - being that you're own club is very much a one man club, probably even more so.

If Minney doesn't play Eltham don't win, and even when he does play and has a 'day out' as you call it as he did on the weekend.... Yep, still lost.

I think you add value to this forum, and best of luck to you, but come off it champion. Have a look in your own backyard before you go round slagging off a club that's just won a Barclay Shield as a one man unit.

Most of the things you have just said have merit! And I am happy to cop what you are saying, but a couple of points need to be address!

** Yes Eltham have every right to be considered a one man band! I have never once said otherwise! And if skips doesn't play, I cannot see Eltham beating many/any sides! I love the club, but I also call it how it is!

** To say have a look in your own backyard, I did NOT bring up the topic of Mernda/Research, someone else did and i commented. As you did with this comment. And if you want to play that game, no Gibbs = Riverside struggles!

** And I didn't bag Mernda as a club, and yes they won the flag last year, but as i have said previously. Hawthorn were the same. Awesome last year, but duds this year. Mernda could not bat last year, and have lost Snowy this year (knob but huge loss) and Baker had a BRILLIANT year, and carried them through. All out for 120, and Baker roles the other team for 100.

Therefore all my points are valid, and i have every right to comment and you cannot argue with anything i have just said. You try to change my comments around to say they are the worst club in the world!

Tongs;372829 said:
Most of the things you have just said have merit! And I am happy to cop what you are saying, but a couple of points need to be address!

** Yes Eltham have every right to be considered a one man band! I have never once said otherwise! And if skips doesn't play, I cannot see Eltham beating many/any sides! I love the club, but I also call it how it is!

** To say have a look in your own backyard, I did NOT bring up the topic of Mernda/Research, someone else did and i commented. As you did with this comment. And if you want to play that game, no Gibbs = Riverside struggles!

** And I didn't bag Mernda as a club, and yes they won the flag last year, but as i have said previously. Hawthorn were the same. Awesome last year, but duds this year. Mernda could not bat last year, and have lost Snowy this year (knob but huge loss) and Baker had a BRILLIANT year, and carried them through. All out for 120, and Baker roles the other team for 100.

Therefore all my points are valid, and i have every right to comment and you cannot argue with anything i have just said. You try to change my comments around to say they are the worst club in the world!

Ian Chesterton had a handy year last year, capped off with 10 wickets in the semi to get them in...

I understand that Baker is Mernda's best, by an absolute street probably, and that every club has their best player, with the exception of 1, 2 or maybe 3 sides that have a best 2 or 3 players.

But to say that Mernda are no chance against ANY opposition without him is a bit of a stretch, just my opinion.

Dubious decision;372899 said:
Hasn't Chopper won 2 Money Shield best and Fairests? Not a bad bit part player, I'd have him any day of the week.

Chopper hasn't played for 3 or 4 years you tosser

cold case;373019 said:
Thank Christ he hasn't played. A very, very good bowler!

And again...

Could not have said this better myself.

It's a pity he gave the game away when he did though, would have been nice to see him play against the likes of Minney, Love, Gibbs, etc.

You'd have to say he'd have held his own in Barclay Shield.

search08-09;372349 said:
research on the w/e sounds like they were disgraceful and there should be no excuses put in place, only thing that i could think of as a contributing factor is there huge A grade player losses over the last season or two

no matter what you try to come up with as an excuse, being bowled out for 21 is... well there are no positives from any angle

captain cuzz;373060 said:
And again...

Could not have said this better myself.

It's a pity he gave the game away when he did though, would have been nice to see him play against the likes of Minney, Love, Gibbs, etc.

You'd have to say he'd have held his own in Barclay Shield.

I would think he would be top 5 easily!

TheDuke;373126 said:
no matter what you try to come up with as an excuse, being bowled out for 21 is... well there are no positives from any angle

Positive 1. They made 21, could have been less.
Positive 2. They get to try and restore some pride again this week, it's not life or death.

counterattack;373559 said:
no positive there all out for 21 and eltham are 6/26 over night not good enough for a grade

It`s cricket mate! Yes not good enough, but no one at Research is dwelling on it. 53 runs to make next Sunday to secure 6 points and not only an opportunity to get back on the horse but an opportunity for some leadership to shine through.

counterattack;373559 said:
no positive there all out for 21 and eltham are 6/26 over night not good enough for a grade

They made 311 last wee! We have all had days where everything goes wrong. To bowl Riverside out for 160 (not sure exact score) proves they are up to it. Their batting let them down, and from what i hear there were 4 shocking decisions in Elthams innings. And that was from Riverside players.

Get all the facts and look at them as a whole, not just the score!

If any one knows who won this round can you post them please. For some reason there not on DVCA site.

Mernda won by 2 runs after Research got within 2 runs with 2 wickets in hand. So much for a lacklustre game Tongs!:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back