DVCA Barclay Shield 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA Barclay Shield 09/10

I think what Research have done in forfiting there 3rds and 4ths due to unfinancial players is a tough decison by the club but a right one if that is how the club has to make a stand to get blokes to pay!

We have an identical policy with them but our deadline is in 2 weeks. However i hope we dont have to forfit any matchs, however at this stage we will be looking at doing a similar thing. (ANY PLENTY BLOKES READING WHO HAVENT PAID, NO PAY NO PLAY.)

PremiersAgain;375659 said:
I think what Research have done in forfiting there 3rds and 4ths due to unfinancial players is a tough decison by the club but a right one if that is how the club has to make a stand to get blokes to pay!

We have an identical policy with them but our deadline is in 2 weeks. However i hope we dont have to forfit any matchs, however at this stage we will be looking at doing a similar thing. (ANY PLENTY BLOKES READING WHO HAVENT PAID, NO PAY NO PLAY.)

I also like the stand, very hard decision and I commend Research I know every year you are chasing blokes, it gets annoying.

Not just Plenty blokes, players of all Clubs, I have been on a committee for many years, you are basically stealing from the Club by not paying, it ain't hard PAY UP. You feel like a prick as a Committee person always asking and asking, we need the money. If you want to know why, GET ON THE COMMITTEE and see where all the money goes.

brutal;375611 said:
I don`t think too many A grade clubs would lose 5 guys in one game too often! And at least 3 a game for every game this year. As for the calibre of players in the teams, I recall our 2`s beating Eltham`s and our 1`s needing 45 off 15 overs with Glen and Shannon Malone doing it easy before a stupid runout turned the game. For all our issues, we are still having a crack and I would back our young players against Elthams anyday! I would even dare to suggest that people in glass houses should not throw stones, Eltham have not been setting the world on fire for quite along time, and been getting by on the strength of a legend in Mark Minney. I would also suggest that the only people who know the facts are those who run and participate in the club! A sensational effort by Glen Turner, but also great work by Leigh McTaggart (bowling and captaincy) and Darcy Barden (17yo) as well. The jobs not done but it`s in our hands.

Missing players every week in the ones is a terrible situation to be in and is always going to be tough when you have such a young side but this is your top grade in the club and I believe that if you want to play in the one's at any club you should be available for all games during a season.

Its a bit hypocritical to say Eltham have been carried by Minney for a few years, then make comments about the people who know the facts are the people that run the club. Then congradulate your club and the 2 best players (that have been carrying your side for a few years) you have for there efforts at that weekend, even though it was a fantastic effort at the weekend.

I do though commend your club for taking a stance on non-financial players, I'm sure this is what a lot of commitees around the DVCA would like to do but in the end let the serial offenders from every year get away with it and continue to play when some of these guys will not pay till the end of the year.

Vilos;375817 said:
Missing players every week in the ones is a terrible situation to be in and is always going to be tough when you have such a young side but this is your top grade in the club and I believe that if you want to play in the one's at any club you should be available for all games during a season.

Its a bit hypocritical to say Eltham have been carried by Minney for a few years, then make comments about the people who know the facts are the people that run the club. Then congradulate your club and the 2 best players (that have been carrying your side for a few years) you have for there efforts at that weekend, even though it was a fantastic effort at the weekend.

I do though commend your club for taking a stance on non-financial players, I'm sure this is what a lot of commitees around the DVCA would like to do but in the end let the serial offenders from every year get away with it and continue to play when some of these guys will not pay till the end of the year.

Well unfortunately it`s a fact of life that these days, cricket is not the number one priority in people`s lives the way it may once have been. You try and pick your best side each week, if that means guys are going to be unavailable for games, then so be it. This year in particular has been much harder, exasperated by Shannon Malone informing us at late notice that he would be having the year off and Mat Ross takeing the coaching position at Bun Utd, within 2 weeks of the season beginning. I think that statistics will back me up by saying that Mark Minney has not only been the dominant force of the competition but the complete backbone of Eltham cricket club for many years, highlighted by many a games when the dismissal of him would almost result in certain victory of the opponent. For you to say that I am hypocritical is cetainly a bit rich! Mat Ross won our batting last year, Luke Mason our bowling (currently unavailable as well). We had contributions from Shannon Malone ie: his 150 off 80 balls v Lower Plenty last season, as well as Glen with a few 50`s, Maduranga Soyser made 350 runs last year as well as Tim Collins who made 290 from 6 innings. Please feel free to highlight who else at Eltham contributes on a regular basis to support Skips and perhaps subtract the runs he contributes and then see what scores Eltham would post on a regular basis. All these facts are statistical and available freely, quite different to someone comeing on here and saying a club is in big trouble without knowledge of the decision makeing process and internal makings of a club.

brutal;375987 said:
Well unfortunately it`s a fact of life that these days, cricket is not the number one priority in people`s lives the way it may once have been. You try and pick your best side each week, if that means guys are going to be unavailable for games, then so be it. This year in particular has been much harder, exasperated by Shannon Malone informing us at late notice that he would be having the year off and Mat Ross takeing the coaching position at Bun Utd, within 2 weeks of the season beginning. I think that statistics will back me up by saying that Mark Minney has not only been the dominant force of the competition but the complete backbone of Eltham cricket club for many years, highlighted by many a games when the dismissal of him would almost result in certain victory of the opponent. For you to say that I am hypocritical is cetainly a bit rich! Mat Ross won our batting last year, Luke Mason our bowling (currently unavailable as well). We had contributions from Shannon Malone ie: his 150 off 80 balls v Lower Plenty last season, as well as Glen with a few 50`s, Maduranga Soyser made 350 runs last year as well as Tim Collins who made 290 from 6 innings. Please feel free to highlight who else at Eltham contributes on a regular basis to support Skips and perhaps subtract the runs he contributes and then see what scores Eltham would post on a regular basis. All these facts are statistical and available freely, quite different to someone comeing on here and saying a club is in big trouble without knowledge of the decision makeing process and internal makings of a club.

Who cares why your club is struggling, the fact is they are and its obvious. Sounds like some players have left and some others aren't that committed. Lets move on hey.

brutal;375987 said:

its not a ideal situation that any club would want to face , all clubs would struggle if they lost 4 out of ther top 7 players , it is a good opportunity for younger players to have a crack at the top level .

brutal;375987 said:

So Brutal how does it feel? Hope you're getting some pay back for a change.

After hanging it on other NFL Clubs (in particular one BIG TIME) on Big Footy without any compassion. Not knowing what the facts really are and relying on gossip.

Now you get on here trying to justify your cricket Club's predicament. You'd go well in politics with all your excuses. Perhaps we should call you Stuie Turnbull.

Get a real life.

Ok.
We gather that their is not a lot of compassion for the Searches or Eltham within the BigCricket fraternity. That doesn't neccessarily reflect popular opinion outside of our posters, or does it? Either way, we have had our say and time to move on to the next topic. The last thing I want, is this forum to emulate that of BigFooty. That particular forum is a disgrace and basically a playground for cowards to throw personal attacks at unsuspecting persons.
My personal opinion is, that we as people and clubs all encounter challenges and hurdles at certain times. We are not gauged on how hard we hit the canvas but in how we respond and get back up off it. Dont worry, in time with all the older brigade retiring throughout the league, other clubs will face this same dilemma. It becomes imperative that a club must prepare long term rather than instant glory. What is the worst that can happen anyway? Drop down to Money Shield which boasts a lot of healthy and strong clubs!

Thanks Fellas!

The Wizz;376099 said:
Best arvo tea's in the comp??

Worst arvo tea's in the comp and why.....

Best by a mile is Research. 3 or 4 plates of sangas, party pies, little boys and hot barbeque chicken. Cakes and fruit as well if you eat that shit.
Dont have a worst as they are all pretty good!

cold case;376106 said:
Best by a mile is Research. 3 or 4 plates of sangas, party pies, little boys and hot barbeque chicken. Cakes and fruit as well if you eat that shit.
Dont have a worst as they are all pretty good!

we dont want to know what you eat @ research. worst i have had was in money reserve @ panton hill chopped up mars bar and milk that was going back a few years , the best was research and yarrambat{had chicken schnitzel rolls}:D

milo kerrigan;376107 said:
we dont want to know what you eat @ research. worst i have had was in money reserve @ panton hill chopped up mars bar and milk that was going back a few years , the best was research and yarrambat{had chicken schnitzel rolls}:D

The question is then. How many chopped up mars bars did you eat and how many litres of milk did you skull? Watching you eat is a bit like watching someone playing a pokie machine. Very unsociable, cant talk to you until the final crumb has been devoured! :D:D

The Wizz;376099 said:

Best: Playing up at Mernda this week, and their tea was amazing! They have always been great. Massive amounts of food, and different things! BUT it does explain why they have a couple of "larger" guys! :)

Worst: DIAMOND CREEK CRICKET CLUB! Disgraceful! to have one small plate of sangas, one small plate of fruit and one small plate of cakes is simply not good enough! Even the poor kids in Africa who haven't eaten in 6 months would think thats a shit meal!

Some good/funn/terrible times with Arvo tea atEltham.

** Our C Grade always have a BBQ if they are batting (when playing at campbell street) they all bring something, and the other teams love it!

** One the the younger kids brought 30 odd icy poles on Saturday.

** We had an Indian that brought along 2 massive trays of Indian (Rogan Josh) and rice. Good idea, except it was 32 degrees!

** We had one guy bring a Lettuce. nothing else??

** In the lower grades, a guy brought a full watermelon. NOT cut up, and no knife!

** We were batting in B grade one day and it was freezing, so we decided to put on 20 odd dim sims for arvo tea. We were all out in an hour, went to field, forgot about the dim sims and only realised when the smoke was pouring out of the kitchen!

The Wizz;376099 said:

Riverside 'C' grade were pretty ordinary last time I played there, and they didn't like it when I told em so.

Hope all the Riverside boys are well.

100% BULL;376132 said:
Riverside 'C' grade were pretty ordinary last time I played there, and they didn't like it when I told em so.

Hope all the Riverside boys are well.

All I can say is thank Christ for the girls al Lalor. If it was up to the blokes no one would get anything. Chips, donuts and bikkies on a good day. Sandwiches! Forget about it!

cold case;376091 said:
Ok.
We gather that their is not a lot of compassion for the Searches or Eltham within the BigCricket fraternity. That doesn't neccessarily reflect popular opinion outside of our posters, or does it? Either way, we have had our say and time to move on to the next topic. The last thing I want, is this forum to emulate that of BigFooty. That particular forum is a disgrace and basically a playground for cowards to throw personal attacks at unsuspecting persons.
My personal opinion is, that we as people and clubs all encounter challenges and hurdles at certain times. We are not gauged on how hard we hit the canvas but in how we respond and get back up off it. Dont worry, in time with all the older brigade retiring throughout the league, other clubs will face this same dilemma. It becomes imperative that a club must prepare long term rather than instant glory. What is the worst that can happen anyway? Drop down to Money Shield which boasts a lot of healthy and strong clubs!

Thanks Fellas!

After reading the above, for which i couldn't agree more, could someone please tell me what happened to the Terry Keays i used to play cricket with?

Tongs;376113 said:
Best: Playing up at Mernda this week, and their tea was amazing! They have always been great. Massive amounts of food, and different things! BUT it does explain why they have a couple of "larger" guys! :)
Worst: DIAMOND CREEK CRICKET CLUB! Disgraceful! to have one small plate of sangas, one small plate of fruit and one small plate of cakes is simply not good enough! Even the poor kids in Africa who haven't eaten in 6 months would think thats a shit meal!

Have to agree with that.

I'm playing at Eltham this week and their's was as close as I've come to what we dish up at home.

It might sound stupid, but we sat down one night and made a stand against blokes just bringing a packet of shapes or a tray of donuts and being happy with that. There's nothing worse than slogging your guts out in 35 degree heat only to walk into the rooms and have one tray of tim tams or a bag of chips to choose from.

We decided we'd try and make our arvo teas the best in the comp and have other clubs look forward to coming and playing at our ground.

It gets hard to police it in the lower grades, but blokes can rest assured that if they come and play BS or BR they'll be well fed! So long as they get in before some of our 'bigger' boys!

Plenty always have a good spread - Extra marks for the roast beef rolls that get put on after the game!

captain cuzz;376169 said:
Have to agree with that.

I'm playing at Eltham this week and their's was as close as I've come to what we dish up at home.

It might sound stupid, but we sat down one night and made a stand against blokes just bringing a packet of shapes or a tray of donuts and being happy with that. There's nothing worse than slogging your guts out in 35 degree heat only to walk into the rooms and have one tray of tim tams or a bag of chips to choose from.

We decided we'd try and make our arvo teas the best in the comp and have other clubs look forward to coming and playing at our ground.

It gets hard to police it in the lower grades, but blokes can rest assured that if they come and play BS or BR they'll be well fed! So long as they get in before some of our 'bigger' boys!

Plenty always have a good spread - Extra marks for the roast beef rolls that get put on after the game!

Not if your the first player in the rooms...

cold case;376140 said:
All I can say is thank Christ for the girls al Lalor. If it was up to the blokes no one would get anything. Chips, donuts and bikkies on a good day. Sandwiches! Forget about it!

What do the lalor girls do for you for arvo tea? A packet of the finest Benson and Hedges money can buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back