DVCA Barclay Shield 09/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DVCA Barclay Shield 09/10

Bundoora;376160 said:
After reading the above, for which i couldn't agree more, could someone please tell me what happened to the Terry Keays i used to play cricket with?

A great Whittlesea coach once told me, "there is a time and place for everyone to **** around." And dont you worry Brad I am still are up there with the best of them. I just try to keep it in house a bit more. The Lalor bluebloods make me look like a fat Mary Poppins!

Tongs;376175 said:
What do the lalor girls do for you for arvo tea? A packet of the finest Benson and Hedges money can buy?

Followed by the ping pong ball party trick.
Ohh!! You meant me smoking them?

cold case;376194 said:
Followed by the ping pong ball party trick.
Ohh!! You meant me smoking them?

With your big hairy arse it wouldn't it be a watermelon not a ping pong ball?? :)

cold case;376106 said:
Best by a mile is Research. 3 or 4 plates of sangas, party pies, little boys and hot barbeque chicken. Cakes and fruit as well if you eat that shit.
Dont have a worst as they are all pretty good!

had it this week and it was turely amazing, nearly as good as the spread from Mernda, good combo of fruit and hot stuff, some lollies (good pocket food when ya fieldin).
yet to hav a bad one, eppings wasnt bad either

Epping deserve a thumbs up for there spread. Great sandwiches, fruit, lollies and three types of hot food (pies, s'rolls and little boys) great variety and heaps of it.

milo kerrigan;376577 said:
where are you brutal that is a big win for the searchers

Was a great win, always a chance of losing it though! Started the day off badly with Alydy Meale breaking his thumb at work in the morning, lost another quick couple but with G.T. batting very patiently we were still in the game. Riverside were bowling a very tight line and length giving very few loose balls to hit. Turning point for us was Leigh McTaggarts innings, we were about 5 down for not many when he took the game and the bowlers (inc Gibbsy) by the throat and played one of the cleanest and big hitting innings of his career. G.T. was a mere passenger whilst Leigh was batting, did a fantastic job though Glen and was well supported by some lesser lights in Scott Wheeler, Jason Clauscen and Tim Collins. Good to see our Barclay Reserve also beat the Riverside, which is something we don`t experience to often when we play them. Another challenge next week with upto five of this weeks side unavailable due to schoolies etc.

captain cuzz;376169 said:
Have to agree with that.

I'm playing at Eltham this week and their's was as close as I've come to what we dish up at home.

It might sound stupid, but we sat down one night and made a stand against blokes just bringing a packet of shapes or a tray of donuts and being happy with that. There's nothing worse than slogging your guts out in 35 degree heat only to walk into the rooms and have one tray of tim tams or a bag of chips to choose from.

We decided we'd try and make our arvo teas the best in the comp and have other clubs look forward to coming and playing at our ground.

It gets hard to police it in the lower grades, but blokes can rest assured that if they come and play BS or BR they'll be well fed! So long as they get in before some of our 'bigger' boys!

Plenty always have a good spread - Extra marks for the roast beef rolls that get put on after the game!

Yeah the Panthers took a bit of a stand a couple of years ago...when we played at Campbell Street, we thought we may as well make use of the bbq there, and if every person brought a small pack of snags for like $3 each, we'd be set. It was brilliant.

Always enjoy the tea's that Mernda, Epping, Yarrambat (from memory) bring...

Diamond Creek, however, is absolutely sub standard. It's as if they have shares in the McDonalds next door and want you to spend your money there.

13537_207114590959_758400959_4016771_891048_n.jpg

Seriously, what the f*** is that?

Hoggy;376719 said:
Yeah the Panthers took a bit of a stand a couple of years ago...when we played at Campbell Street, we thought we may as well make use of the bbq there, and if every person brought a small pack of snags for like $3 each, we'd be set. It was brilliant.

Diamond Creek, however, is absolutely sub standard. It's as if they have shares in the McDonalds next door and want you to spend your money there.

Whilst I agree 100% that the arvo tea that Diamo supplied was as sub standard as the Windies test team, you of all people should not say a word. You are the king of bringing BBQ Shapes every single week. And if they don't get opened, you take them home and bring them back the next week! :)

Hoggy;376719 said:

That is average. Maybe an abberation?

Tongs;376788 said:
Whilst I agree 100% that the arvo tea that Diamo supplied was as sub standard as the Windies test team, you of all people should not say a word. You are the king of bringing BBQ Shapes every single week. And if they don't get opened, you take them home and bring them back the next week! :)

Pahlease, I bought some lovely jam sponge thingys on the weekend, two packets worth as well!

Hoggy;376853 said:
Pahlease, I bought some lovely jam sponge thingys on the weekend, two packets worth as well!

They were dry and stale.

Had to throw half of it away and drink 4 bottles of Gatorade to get the fluids up again.

captain cuzz;376857 said:
They were dry and stale.

Had to throw half of it away and drink 4 bottles of Gatorade to get the fluids up again.

It is a certainty that he bought them at Aldi 4 months ago in bulk so that he could supply them each week!

captain cuzz;376857 said:
They were dry and stale.

More money to the ECC then!

Just to let everyone know that Rodney Hogg (ex Aussie Test Fast Bowler and SEN commentator) and Kevin Murray (ex Fitzroy footballer, Brownlow Medalist and AFL Hall of Famer) will be speaking at a Sportsman's night at the Eltham Cricket Club on Sat 5th Dec 2009. Starting at 7.30pm, the club is donating all the profits of a signed Kevin Murray Auction Item to Kevin to help him after his loss of his Flowerdale home.

Cost is only $50 to attend (meal, free beer, wine soft drink till 9.30pm0. door prizes, raffle & auction of genuine rare memorabilia.

if interested, email the Eltham Cricket Club at elthamcc@hotmail.com. Prepayment is requirement.

THE PREZ;377033 said:
UNIT - What is the rumour i hear you have retired - Again !

Again! When was the last time I retired. Once again you are getting me mixed up with Bakes. I did try and pull the pin in about 02/03 at Bundoora but couldn't because Scotty wouldn't stop crying on the phone. He might have had to show some leadership, but was again found wanting.
Not entirely true Georgey regarding the rumour.

I have another 10 years left in me! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Almost half way into the season. What are your predictions for the finals and who is going to get relegated. Are you suprised/shocked by results so far ? Who have been the improvers, and who have been the disappointments of the season so far.

Obviously, Macleod have been the biggest improvers so far, but have some tough games coming up. I think Lower Eltham and Research have been the big disappointments. North Eltham to get relugated and the finals to consist of Plenty, Epping, Bundoora, and a tussle between Riverside/Macleod/Diamond Creek for last spot.
Some big games this week should shape the top 4 somewhat.

1 Macleod
2 Diamond Creek
3 Bundoora
4 Plenty
5 Epping
6 Riverside
7 Mernda
8 Lalor Stars
9 Research
10 Lower Eltham
11 Eltham
12 North Eltham Wanderers

Thats how the ladder stands at the moment, feel free to give us your thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back