DVCA Barclay Shield 2010/11

Re: DVCA Barclay Shield 2010/11

riversidestrangler;404787 said:
So I take it that you play c grade? :rolleyes:

No wonder you don't understand the singing of a song in cricket.... It's cause you can't ****in play it!! :D

For a bloke who hasnt played a game for the Clappers yet you have plenty to say. I hope you can back it up on the field and dont look for excuses, I heard you were big on excuses in your Premier Cricket days, dont always get on with the coach's?

Now on the song, I actually recall the last time I sang the song, in fact I think I may have lead it, it was after we beat the Clappers in the Gf a few years back.

I'm sure you'll fit right in at Riverside.

100% BULL;404792 said:
For a bloke who hasnt played a game for the Clappers yet you have plenty to say. I hope you can back it up on the field and dont look for excuses, I heard you were big on excuses in your Premier Cricket days, dont always get on with the coach's?

Now on the song, I actually recall the last time I sang the song, in fact I think I may have lead it, it was after we beat the Clappers in the Gf a few years back.

He defiantly will fit in don’t worry about that. You have been a shit cricketer your whole life Vaughny. Making hundreds in G grade against kids.... Such a loser.

I will say your C grade team was good last year. They wouldve beaten ur 2's.

100% BULL;404792 said:

This is fun pre season sledging at it's best!

1. Excuses; what did I make excuses about? I don't make an excuse for anything that I did in my premier cricket days, I am quiet happy with all I was able to learn and achieve in my several years of premier cricket.
What did u learn from you premier cricket days?

2. I don't always get along with coaches; I got along with my previous coach for the last three seasons very well. he was always there to listen and take on board wht i had to say even if he didnt agree. That is why I still have the utmost respect for him and can honestly say he is the best coach I have had in my cricket career.

3. How do you even know who I am; the fact that you know who i am and have obviously done a bit of research on me is the biggest compliment u could give me cause I don't have a **** in clue who u are!

I get the impression from reading the previous few posts that you are Daniel Walker? Not one to stick up for Craig but he knows who you are cos your uncle, who is a life member of our club, asked us (Bundoora) to contact you a few years ago when you were having issues with Pete at Northcote. i was the one who called you. And i note with interst that you announced your own arrival at the Clappers on this forum, you must want people to know who you are.

Good on you for adding some life to this forum and for having a crack at Premier Cricket, but your record suggests your now in the Valley cos you didn't cut it.

Good luck, got a feeling you may need it.......

No need asking about my premier cricket record, i preferred to play a better standard than district 3rds:rolleyes:

Bundoora;404850 said:
I get the impression from reading the previous few posts that you are Daniel Walker? Not one to stick up for Craig but he knows who you are cos your uncle, who is a life member of our club, asked us (Bundoora) to contact you a few years ago when you were having issues with Pete at Northcote. i was the one who called you. And i note with interst that you announced your own arrival at the Clappers on this forum, you must want people to know who you are.

Good on you for adding some life to this forum and for having a crack at Premier Cricket, but your record suggests your now in the Valley cos you didn't cut it.

Good luck, got a feeling you may need it.......

No need asking about my premier cricket record, i preferred to play a better standard than district 3rds:rolleyes:

Thanks for weighing in on this debate.

My Uncle?? More like my father.... given his status and that this seems to be getting further and further of topic i will tone things down for a bit.

there was an issue 3 seasons ago and i made it through just fine and played under the new coach that started there the next year.
I won a premier 2nd XI flag and made a century in that same team.
So i look forward to the start of the season and putting my money where my mouth is. :cool:

Obviously right of reply if you 100% would like to but i will leave my piece here

So does any1 else have anything else they want to discuss/talk about?

Pros and con's of a 4 piece ball?

riversidestrangler;404856 said:
Thanks for weighing in on this debate.

My Uncle?? More like my father.... given his status and that this seems to be getting further and further of topic i will tone things down for a bit.

there was an issue 3 seasons ago and i made it through just fine and played under the new coach that started there the next year.
I won a premier 2nd XI flag and made a century in that same team.
So i look forward to the start of the season and putting my money where my mouth is. :cool:

Obviously right of reply if you 100% would like to but i will leave my piece here

So does any1 else have anything else they want to discuss/talk about?

Pros and con's of a 4 piece ball?

Don't think we will cross paths, i'll be in Barclay Shield

Bundoora;404857 said:
Don't think we will cross paths, i'll be in Barclay Shield

That sort of comment makes you realise why you wouldn’t want to play at Bundoora.

“Bundoora” does play Barclay Shield Strangler. But he’s about 100 years old and he looks like his forehead is playing a game of tag with the back of his neck. And his neck is winning.....

riversider;404859 said:
That sort of comment makes you realise why you wouldn’t want to play at Bundoora.

“Bundoora” does play Barclay Shield Strangler. But he’s about 100 years old and he looks like his forehead is playing a game of tag with the back of his neck. And his neck is winning.....

Still be the best looking bloke at your mob, i've got Pig and Wella covered anyway!!

I'm 32 and it's the top of the scone that's sparce....

If you going to get personal, at least get it right.

riversidestrangler;404861 said:
I don't understand what you mean by we won't cross paths? Are you going to be on holidays when we play bundoora?

Just to be clear, I hate both Riverside and Bundoora for very differing reasons, Bundoora because when I was growing up playing 2's Moorey used to give me grief and he was a lot bigger than me, and Riverside because they rate themselves far too highly for being renowned chokers.

However, we have seen many cocky fellas come through the competition over the last 5 - 6 years that I have played against, and they all end up the same way - a touch embarrassed, and sooking that every team is targeting them.

Mr. Walker - all of the rot you are talking on here will be around the valley by Round 1 and you will cop it from every single team. Fill your bag with Kleenex champ, you'll need them. Looking forward to your reply explaining how tough you are and that you don't care if you get sledged, but I've seen it before, and the waterworks will come at some stage during the year.

Bundoora;404860 said:
Still be the best looking bloke at your mob, i've got Pig and Wella covered anyway!!

I'm 32 and it's the top of the scone that's sparce....

If you going to get personal, at least get it right.

If your 32 consider me Miles Davis.

absoluteglam;404867 said:
Just to be clear, I hate both Riverside and Bundoora for very differing reasons, Bundoora because when I was growing up playing 2's Moorey used to give me grief and he was a lot bigger than me, and Riverside because they rate themselves far too highly for being renowned chokers.

However, we have seen many cocky fellas come through the competition over the last 5 - 6 years that I have played against, and they all end up the same way - a touch embarrassed, and sooking that every team is targeting them.

Mr. Walker - all of the rot you are talking on here will be around the valley by Round 1 and you will cop it from every single team. Fill your bag with Kleenex champ, you'll need them. Looking forward to your reply explaining how tough you are and that you don't care if you get sledged, but I've seen it before, and the waterworks will come at some stage during the year.

:eek:

riversider;404868 said:
If your 32 consider me Miles Davis.

Hello Miles....:D

i must admit i had to google the name, they don't tend to play much of his stuff on Sport 927 or SEN.

Anyway let’s move on. Banter is always a good way to keep yourself entertained but I will admit I probably did cross the line calling u bald and 100 years old. For that I’m sorry. I will not however apologize to Vaughny. He is a turd of a human.

riversider;404875 said:
Anyway let’s move on. Banter is always a good way to keep yourself entertained but I will admit I probably did cross the line calling u bald and 100 years old. For that I’m sorry. I will not however apologize to Vaughny. He is a turd of a human.

No need for an apology...

Yeah I think its time we moved on from the Mud Slinging......The Riverside CC has a great respect for the Bundoora CC and both clubs have a proud history and rivalry. Similar to Collingwood & Carlton. (No Love lost though)
Although some of the posts have been rather amusing and rather entertaining I don't think personal jibes either way are very constructive.
You may call us the Clappers and we may call you Scumdoora but we always know Riverside v Bundoora are always tough fought games that will often end in friendly froffies after the game. Hopefully this season will be no different.

Centre to Leg;404878 said:
Yeah I think its time we moved on from the Mud Slinging......The Riverside CC has a great respect for the Bundoora CC and both clubs have a proud history and rivalry. Similar to Collingwood & Carlton. (No Love lost though)
Although some of the posts have been rather amusing and rather entertaining I don't think personal jibes either way are very constructive.
You may call us the Clappers and we may call you Scumdoora but we always know Riverside v Bundoora are always tough fought games that will often end in friendly froffies after the game. Hopefully this season will be no different.

Well said...

I think this whole Riverside Vs Bundoora barage of insults is quite entertaining boys, please keep it coming dont back off now!

PremiersAgain;405023 said:
I think this whole Riverside Vs Bundoora barage of insults is quite entertaining boys, please keep it coming dont back off now!

Haha yeah it has been a little fun pre-season sledging but when things get to personal it's just not on. A funny witty sledge is always more effective than a personal insult.

It's good it's got the blood cursing through the vains and left it open for an even more heart filled match when we play each other. I am expecting maybe a hug and a welcome kiss from the bundoora boys when I first come to the crease :D

But regardless of what happens I am always up for a drink after the game even if worst comes to worst and I have my tail between my legs but I don't forsee that happening with the bat and the ball.

Winer of the battle of course has bragging rights :cool:

riversider;404875 said:

Please stop it, you're hurting my feelings.:D

Back