DVCA Barclay Shield 2010/11

Re: DVCA Barclay Shield 2010/11

riversidestrangler;404825 said:
This is fun pre season sledging at it's best!

1. Excuses; what did I make excuses about? I don't make an excuse for anything that I did in my premier cricket days, I am quiet happy with all I was able to learn and achieve in my several years of premier cricket.
What did u learn from you premier cricket days?

2. I don't always get along with coaches; I got along with my previous coach for the last three seasons very well. he was always there to listen and take on board wht i had to say even if he didnt agree. That is why I still have the utmost respect for him and can honestly say he is the best coach I have had in my cricket career.

3. How do you even know who I am; the fact that you know who i am and have obviously done a bit of research on me is the biggest compliment u could give me cause I don't have a **** in clue who u are!

Strangler you are a knob, you've already been sucked in, look at the dribble you've written, a simple get f**ked would have been an appropriate response. You are just one of those sooks that every club has, "the coach doesn't like me, he wont give me a go, I should be batting higher". And I just love the way you endear yourself to your Riverside team mates that haven't reached the dizzy heights of Premier Cricket 2nds, those poor talentless C & D graders, they must all be in awe of you, hanging on your every word oh great one.

And we all know every club has a lower grade loud mouth that should know that their sledging talents far outweigh their cricketing ones.:rolleyes:

Centre to Leg;405056 said:
And we all know every club has a lower grade loud mouth that should know that their sledging talents far outweigh their cricketing ones.:rolleyes:

Gee I would have thought almost 5000 runs bought the sledging back into balance;) maybe not though

I've made a triple century in the backyard against my three legged dog, does that make me Don Bradman? Probably not. Just Out of curiosity, was any of those illustrious 5000 runs made in A grade?

Centre to Leg;405058 said:
I've made a triple century in the backyard against my three legged dog, does that make me Don Bradman? Probably not. Just Out of curiosity, was any of those illustrious 5000 runs made in A grade?

I did suggest a few posts back that we switch this discussion to the C grade and below thread...

riversidestrangler;405047 said:
Haha yeah it has been a little fun pre-season sledging but when things get to personal it's just not on. A funny witty sledge is always more effective than a personal insult.

It's good it's got the blood cursing through the vains and left it open for an even more heart filled match when we play each other. I am expecting maybe a hug and a welcome kiss from the bundoora boys when I first come to the crease :D

But regardless of what happens I am always up for a drink after the game even if worst comes to worst and I have my tail between my legs but I don't forsee that happening with the bat and the ball.

Winer of the battle of course has bragging rights :cool:

Tickets, get your tickets here..!

You'd want to mke 600 runs and take 50+ wickets to live up to your self promotion champion.

This back and forth between yourself and 100% has been great, but the funniest part about it has to be the level of high regard you hold yourself in.

captain cuzz;405064 said:
Tickets, get your tickets here..!

You'd want to mke 600 runs and take 50+ wickets to live up to your self promotion champion.

This back and forth between yourself and 100% has been great, but the funniest part about it has to be the level of high regard you hold yourself in.

Cuzz....I think you are taking Strangler way too serious. ;)

Vaughny gets the point's in my opinion.

So Strangler you are yet to play a game of DVCA cricket?? You sound like you must be able to really play, how did Riverside afford you in their player payments for this season. You must be worth heaps going by your own rating?

Just reading over the last few pages of posts, can't wait to see the fixture and tell my coach I'm not playing the round Riverside take on Bundoora so I can go and watch that one.

Perhaps that one should be a Sunday game on it's own so we can all have a look?

This is great reading, keep it going please............

CricketBox;405141 said:
Just reading over the last few pages of posts, can't wait to see the fixture and tell my coach I'm not playing the round Riverside take on Bundoora so I can go and watch that one.

Perhaps that one should be a Sunday game on it's own so we can all have a look?
This is great reading, keep it going please............

Great idea, it's due to be our home game so you can all enjoy the best pots in the valley. It's a pity that Mr Walker will probably be the only "antagonist" playing in the game. The Riverside boys will be glad to know Dinesh will be back, they've had the wood over him in recent encounters:rolleyes:

Riverside V Bundoora usually needs no pumping up, i know from our perspective, it's the game all of our older generation look forward to.

Hope this "banter" hasn't given people the wrong impression though, while we despise each other between 1-6pm, during my time in the seniors, they always hang around for a drink and a chat, as we do at Watmough Park. That's the great thing about cricket in our comp, all clubs are prepared to support one another in terms of the social side of things, Research even arrange to get dropped off when they play at Yulong!!

Good luck to all this season, may have to make my posts on the C grade and below thread now, not sure our new coach has the same opinion of my (limted) ability as the previous one:D

Bundoora;405144 said:
Great idea, it's due to be our home game so you can all enjoy the best pots in the valley. It's a pity that Mr Walker will probably be the only "antagonist" playing in the game. The Riverside boys will be glad to know Dinesh will be back, they've had the wood over him in recent encounters:rolleyes:

Riverside V Bundoora usually needs no pumping up, i know from our perspective, it's the game all of our older generation look forward to.

Hope this "banter" hasn't given people the wrong impression though, while we despise each other between 1-6pm, during my time in the seniors, they always hang around for a drink and a chat, as we do at Watmough Park. That's the great thing about cricket in our comp, all clubs are prepared to support one another in terms of the social side of things, Research even arrange to get dropped off when they play at Yulong!!

Good luck to all this season, may have to make my posts on the C grade and below thread now, not sure our new coach has the same opinion of my (limted) ability as the previous one:D

Couldnt have said it any better. Hopefully this year when we play you your E grade are playing miles away. Just want to make sure i will have left by the time Vaughny gets back.

I dont mind playing at Bundoora either. Currently have the best rooms in the comp. That is of course until October 1. When the new and improved Riverside Monster is unvailed.

Get On Us.

BARCLAY SHIELD : Season 2010/11
Date/time Home Team Away Team Venue MS
Full
Results
Round 1
2 Oct, 9 Oct(1:00 PM) Bundoora v Macleod Yulong Park #1
View

2 Oct, 9 Oct(1:00 PM) Diamond Creek v Plenty Coventry Oval
View

2 Oct, 9 Oct(1:00 PM) Eltham v Mernda Eltham Central Park
View

2 Oct, 9 Oct(1:00 PM) Lalor Stars v Camrea Taipans W.A. Smith Reserve #1
View

2 Oct, 9 Oct(1:00 PM) Research v Epping Research Park
View

2 Oct, 9 Oct(1:00 PM) Riverside v Lower Eltham Whatmough Park #1
View

Round 2
17 Oct, 24 Oct(1:00 PM) Camrea Taipans v Bundoora Main Street Reserv...
View

17 Oct, 24 Oct(1:00 PM) Epping v Eltham Epping Recreation ...
View

17 Oct, 24 Oct(1:00 PM) Lower Eltham v Diamond Creek Eltham Lower Park ...
View

17 Oct, 24 Oct(1:00 PM) Macleod v Lalor Stars Macleod Park
View

17 Oct, 24 Oct(1:00 PM) Mernda v Research Mernda Recreation ...
View

17 Oct, 24 Oct(1:00 PM) Plenty v Riverside Plenty Park
View

Round 3
30 Oct, 6 Nov(1:00 PM) Diamond Creek v Epping Coventry Oval
View

30 Oct, 6 Nov(1:00 PM) Eltham v Lalor Stars Eltham Central Park
View

30 Oct, 6 Nov(1:00 PM) Lower Eltham v Bundoora Eltham Lower Park ...
View

30 Oct, 6 Nov(1:00 PM) Macleod v Research Macleod Park
View

30 Oct, 6 Nov(1:00 PM) Plenty v Camrea Taipans Plenty Park
View

30 Oct, 6 Nov(1:00 PM) Riverside v Mernda Whatmough Park #1
View

Round 4
13 Nov, 20 Nov(1:00 PM) Bundoora v Eltham Yulong Park #1
View

13 Nov, 20 Nov(1:00 PM) Camrea Taipans v Lower Eltham Main Street Reserv...
View

13 Nov, 20 Nov(1:00 PM) Lalor Stars v Epping W.A. Smith Reserve #1
View

13 Nov, 20 Nov(1:00 PM) Macleod v Riverside Macleod Park
View

13 Nov, 20 Nov(1:00 PM) Mernda v Plenty Mernda Recreation ...
View

13 Nov, 20 Nov(1:00 PM) Research v Diamond Creek Research Park
View

Round 5
27 Nov, 4 Dec(1:00 PM) Bundoora v Mernda Yulong Park #1
View

27 Nov, 4 Dec(1:00 PM) Diamond Creek v Camrea Taipans Coventry Oval
View

27 Nov, 4 Dec(1:00 PM) Epping v Plenty Epping Recreation ...
View

27 Nov, 4 Dec(1:00 PM) Lower Eltham v Macleod Eltham Lower Park ...
View

27 Nov, 4 Dec(1:00 PM) Research v Lalor Stars Research Park
View

27 Nov, 4 Dec(1:00 PM) Riverside v Eltham Whatmough Park #1
View

Round 6
11 Dec, 18 Dec(1:00 PM) Camrea Taipans v Research Main Street Reserv...
View

11 Dec, 18 Dec(1:00 PM) Eltham v Lower Eltham Eltham Central Park
View

11 Dec, 18 Dec(1:00 PM) Epping v Riverside Epping Recreation ...
View

11 Dec, 18 Dec(1:00 PM) Lalor Stars v Diamond Creek W.A. Smith Reserve #1
View

11 Dec, 18 Dec(1:00 PM) Mernda v Macleod Mernda Recreation ...
View

11 Dec, 18 Dec(1:00 PM) Plenty v Bundoora Plenty Park
View

Round 7
8 Jan(1:00 PM) Camrea Taipans v Mernda Main Street Reserv...
View

8 Jan(1:00 PM) Diamond Creek v Macleod Coventry Oval
View

8 Jan(1:00 PM) Epping v Lower Eltham Epping Recreation ...
View

8 Jan(1:00 PM) Lalor Stars v Riverside W.A. Smith Reserve #1
View

8 Jan(1:00 PM) Plenty v Eltham Plenty Park
View

8 Jan(1:00 PM) Research v Bundoora Research Park
View

Round 8
15 Jan, 22 Jan(1:00 PM) Bundoora v Diamond Creek Yulong Park #1
View

15 Jan, 22 Jan(1:00 PM) Eltham v Camrea Taipans Eltham Central Park
View

15 Jan, 22 Jan(1:00 PM) Lower Eltham v Lalor Stars Eltham Lower Park ...
View

15 Jan, 22 Jan(1:00 PM) Macleod v Plenty Macleod Park
View

15 Jan, 22 Jan(1:00 PM) Mernda v Epping Mernda Recreation ...
View

15 Jan, 22 Jan(1:00 PM) Riverside v Research Whatmough Park #1
View

Round 9
29 Jan, 5 Feb(1:00 PM) Camrea Taipans v Riverside Main Street Reserv...
View

29 Jan, 5 Feb(1:00 PM) Diamond Creek v Eltham Coventry Oval
View

29 Jan, 5 Feb(1:00 PM) Epping v Macleod Epping Recreation ...
View

29 Jan, 5 Feb(1:00 PM) Lalor Stars v Bundoora W.A. Smith Reserve #1
View

29 Jan, 5 Feb(1:00 PM) Mernda v Lower Eltham Mernda Recreation ...
View

29 Jan, 5 Feb(1:00 PM) Plenty v Research Plenty Park
View

Round 10
12 Feb, 19 Feb(1:00 PM) Epping v Bundoora Epping Recreation ...
View

12 Feb, 19 Feb(1:00 PM) Lalor Stars v Mernda W.A. Smith Reserve #1
View

12 Feb, 19 Feb(1:00 PM) Lower Eltham v Plenty Eltham Lower Park ...
View

12 Feb, 19 Feb(1:00 PM) Macleod v Camrea Taipans Macleod Park
View

12 Feb, 19 Feb(1:00 PM) Research v Eltham Research Park
View

12 Feb, 19 Feb(1:00 PM) Riverside v Diamond Creek Whatmough Park #1
View

Round 11
26 Feb, 5 Mar(1:00 PM) Bundoora v Riverside Yulong Park #1
View

26 Feb, 5 Mar(1:00 PM) Camrea Taipans v Epping Main Street Reserv...
View

26 Feb, 5 Mar(1:00 PM) Diamond Creek v Mernda Coventry Oval
View

26 Feb, 5 Mar(1:00 PM) Eltham v Macleod Eltham Central Park
View

26 Feb, 5 Mar(1:00 PM) Plenty v Lalor Stars Plenty Park
View

26 Feb, 5 Mar(1:00 PM) Research v Lower Eltham Research Park
View

Bundoora;405144 said:

You can always come and play for Riverside if Flinders doesn't appreciate your batting & bowling talents.;) You wouldn't be the first Bundoora boy to take the trek down Grimshaw Street. I can see the headlines now "We've Lost Another Brad to the Clappers". :rolleyes:

Very Good man is BP and BD is not a bad bloke also.:p

riversider;404875 said:
Anyway let’s move on. Banter is always a good way to keep yourself entertained but I will admit I probably did cross the line calling u bald and 100 years old. For that I’m sorry. I will not however apologize to Vaughny. He is a turd of a human.

Lets talk about me. I'm 40 and 120 kilos. 115 before I went to Bali 2 weeks ago!
Unfortunately, only the older blokes, excluding 1 or 2 mid 20 players can play.

cold case;405198 said:
Are you playing again?

What do you mean again? I only missed one game last year, and that was to give you a chance to beat us:D Drummo nearly did!!

Back