DVCA Barclay Shield 2010/11

Can't believe I am doing this and I want clarify that I am not sticking up for u tongs (tongs u wouldn't expect me too I'm sure) but I do believe it would be unfair of me not to clarify this. Whilst I believe it has no place on a cricket field it was not footy style chesting. It was extremely light and minimal. And I'm sure tongs will do things differently next time.
I liked the fire in the belly that u had but IMO u went about it in the wrong way. A smart witty sledge is much more effective than what occurred. Your not to bad at it on here so put that to use on the field.

I don't agree.

Whist the incident seems now insignificant and I was not there nor actually have an opinion about, what I was raising is the shift in what you can 'get away' with on the field now days. I was showing and explaining the new CV by-laws and also provding my experiance after sitting in a tribunal hearing against them.

I reckon its actually a significant issue, why you seem to disagree I do not know.

We all need to understand the new laws and the future of cricket in this regards. I would rather be talking about the weeks games but this raised its head and I saw a chance to educate people.

I don't see any BigCricket laws broken and don't see why an Admin needed to opinion on it, did the DVCA mods think it was an issue?

i dont know about anyone on here but starting a week into october was great , you get a little bit of extra time at training due to day light savings (not that it helped me) and starting off with a one dayer is a good way of trying to get some match form before the 2 day games begin. i believe this fixture should be the template for future years.

i dont know about anyone on here but starting a week into october was great , you get a little bit of extra time at training due to day light savings (not that it helped me) and starting off with a one dayer is a good way of trying to get some match form before the 2 day games begin. i believe this fixture should be the template for future years.

How good was it to have an extra week off. For blokes who play footy in the winter it must have been a godsend. An extra week in the nets helped also.

Some ripper games this week, what are everyone's thoughts?

Stars vs Creek will be very interesting. Mernda and Lower Eltham will be both looking for their first win, this is a massvie game for two final hopefuls. Bundoora will be looking to bounce back at home against Macleod who had their chances against the Premiers but could not go in for the kill. Epping get their first look at the Taipans who impressed last week, The Pingers will be looking for their first points after disapponting against the Stars. Research have a great chance to get their season off to a flier when they host Eltham, one man probably stands in the way. To finish off, last years winners get their first look of Riverside with the addition of the Strangler. Should be a good one to watch with Riverside's bats in form taking on the best bowling line up in the comp.

Will still take a while for us to seperate the sides but this week should help us a bit.

Great Post! Could not agree more. I think it is good for all sides concerned to have a break in between the two sporting seasons. I am also a massive believer that the season should start with a one day game. I have no doubt that numbers are down at the start of each year because people are still getting over footy and are not interested in going out the first week and fielding 80 overs. There was the old excuse of no one day games, which is fine, but there is now one after christmas, so no excuse as to have one at the start of the season.

I would actually love to go watch Riverside v Plenty this week. That will be a cracker!

I don't see any BigCricket laws broken and don't see why an Admin needed to opinion on it, did the DVCA mods think it was an issue?

I would guess the admin comment was a warning not to get carried away. Although you may be able to restrain yourself and understand where the line is, others on here are not always able to do so.

As you say, it is useful to give out information and important to educate people. That has been achieved, so some good has come out of a dodgy incident. If you and others want to continue talking about it, well, that's fine but the moment it becomes a circular argument is the moment it has gone too far. I'm also sure that at this stage of the season there are a million more interesting and worthwhile things to discuss.

This is not really not the time or place to for this conversation, however, if you or anyone else wants to continue it, send me a private message.

Back to the cricket...

Guys lets not do this on here.....what happens on the field should stay on the field. From all accounts "Tongs" regrets what he said to Gibbo and so he should(Perhaps a personal apology could be in order). But Lets not all get to carried away here....
The umpires did a fair job at settling things down at the time.
Lets focus on Rnd 2 and look forward and not backward.

Sounds like you were there Centre to Leg? Rather unsavoury incident, most unlike Riverside. Do you think its appropriate for the Riverside president getting into Tongs face? Is this a sign that Riverside have toughened up a bit over winter.

Would love to have wathced the boys get their tons, I imagine it was quite entertaining.

I am not Sure Paul Bohan plays Barclay Shield for Riverside. All a storm in a tea cup 100% Bull.....
Yeah Gibbo & Elliot batted very well, Eltham probably lacked a genuine quick bowler but they batted pretty well I thought.
How did you go on the weekend?

I am not Sure Paul Bohan plays Barclay Shield for Riverside. All a storm in a tea cup 100% Bull.....
Yeah Gibbo & Elliot batted very well, Eltham probably lacked a genuine quick bowler but they batted pretty well I thought.
How did you go on the weekend?

Maybe Tongs had Bohan confused with the former President, I think that was Elksy? Couldnt imagine Nick getting all aggresive like that.
Yeah not bad for a lowly 4th XI cricketer. Seeing them them quite well then skied a pull shot.

Your old mate Whito got off to a reasonable start in the two's. Should be a monty for Barclay selection this week given the top orders efforts last weekend.

Maybe Tongs had Bohan confused with the former President, I think that was Elksy? Couldnt imagine Nick getting all aggresive like that.
Yeah not bad for a lowly 4th XI cricketer. Seeing them them quite well then skied a pull shot.

Your old mate Whito got off to a reasonable start in the two's. Should be a monty for Barclay selection this week given the top orders efforts last weekend.

I couldnt agree more......It doesnt sound like Ellksy's now does it. Very uncharacteristic of him indeed. I will have to have a quiet word to him.
As for Whito......he's Bundoora's best opening bat. Get him opening in the one's for sure.
And you need to be more careful when pulling....:p

Seeing as though we are not allowed to mention names, I will say that it was not the president, as I first thought, but rather a former president. And in fairness to him, he was only doing what I did. Sticking up for his team mates and himself. Storm in a tea cup though boys.

Rather than harp on it, it was actually a really good game. For almost 500 runs to be scored in a one day match is huge. I must admit, I did think the riverside bowling was only gentle. No one with pace to worry, and not a whole lot of movement with the ball. Eltham were in the same boat, I think there are going to be quite a few teams chase leather all day with the four piece balls.

Seeing as though we are not allowed to mention names, I will say that it was not the president, as I first thought, but rather a former president. And in fairness to him, he was only doing what I did. Sticking up for his team mates and himself. Storm in a tea cup though boys.

Best have a stern word to the ex president Centre to Leg...
:D

That little bit of extra light at training really worked wonders. You may have only lasted 2 balls instead of 3. You should finish an over by round 4 ! :p

This is going to happen every season anyway, isn't it? The AFL GF will be played a week later as from next season when the GC Suns start playing.

Interesting to see a few guys made some runs early. Might be abit tougher for the bowlers this season as there going to have to work hard for their wickets! although few teams were rolled for not many so shows that good bowling will still get you wickets. Any thoughts guys? Did the ball swing as much? move of seam?

Interesting to see a few guys made some runs early. Might be abit tougher for the bowlers this season as there going to have to work hard for their wickets! although few teams were rolled for not many so shows that good bowling will still get you wickets. Any thoughts guys? Did the ball swing as much? move of seam?

The new pill turns a bit......

Back