Dvca - Barclay Shield - Season 2011/12

Ex prez - your boys way too good for us yesterday. Bundoora the best side we have played this year. Fielding and bowling was excellent, combined with our questionable shot selection, made for an easy day for you blokes. Good luck for finals.

Ex prez - your boys way too good for us yesterday. Bundoora the best side we have played this year. Fielding and bowling was excellent, combined with our questionable shot selection, made for an easy day for you blokes. Good luck for finals.

Thanks for the compliment. yes boys going well at present, but the comp is pretty even and anyone of the top five can knock anyone off on the day. Just seeing Research drop from top to 5th in 2 games, and conversely Riverside 6th to 2nd is testament to that. We will be just glad to get a home final (subject to winning this week) and that gives us a better chance to go thru.

Going to be a cracking round this week.
Bund v Plenty - always a great game
Lower Eltham v Riverside - loser almost certain to miss out - barring any upsets.
Research v Stars - can they grab 10 points?
Creek should beat NEW but who knows...
Even Epping can sneak in if 2 teams of Creek, Research or Lower drop games...given their good %.

I was interested to see that LECC rolled Plenty for 71 and who have not batted well all year, and still had 43 overs left in the day, yet chose not to have a crack at outright and giving them almost a certain spot in the 4?

Anyone able to explain what happened there? Just seems a little odd that you wouldn't at least bowl 20 overs and assess from there?

It was an interesting decision, from what I was told they did know the rules but decided that a few minor injuries to bowlers during the game they did not want to exasperate......and why kick a team when they are down ;) was reason enough.

It may come back to bite them but not really, win this week and in, its that easy.

With the way we batted and their position on the table in regards to the 4, I would have put my house on the fact Lower would have bowled again.

However I am 99% sure the Lower Eltham boys thought the follow on was 100 an not 80.... I hope the 4 points isn't needed for their sake.

That 1% will do you everytime. :D

Thanks for the compliment. yes boys going well at present, but the comp is pretty even and anyone of the top five can knock anyone off on the day. Just seeing Research drop from top to 5th in 2 games, and conversely Riverside 6th to 2nd is testament to that. We will be just glad to get a home final (subject to winning this week) and that gives us a better chance to go thru.

Lower Eltham v Riverside - loser almost certain to miss out - barring any upsets.
Even Epping can sneak in if 2 teams of Creek, Research or Lower drop games...given their good %.

watchout for the 10 pointer in epping/macleod game...macleod can get there mathematically with 10...and when they try we'll be happy to take it from them:D

Great couple of weeks of cricket coming up, some high pressure games!

Bundoora v Plenty - The Bulls are the only safe team sitting on top, a win will assure a home final. TIP - Bundoora comfortably

Lower Eltham v Riverside - The loser of this will most likely miss out so it is a mini SF, both teams have been in good form and this game poses so many questions. Can Lower's batting stand up to the tight bowling of the Siders? Can Riverside cope with the pressure following on from their history of struggling at this time of year? Should be a beauty and fair chance a bit will be said between these two teams, neither are quiet on the field! TIP - Lower Eltham to bat themselves to a solid win

Research v Stars - While funnier things have happened, the Searchers will win this one easily and secure a top 4 spot.

Creek v North Eltham - This is an interesting one, NEWCC have been playing some solid cricket, and while Creek dropped last week they have been in super nick as well. I'm tipping NEW in an upset.

Epping v Macleod - A certainty to be a contrived result here, 10 points for sure - but both teams need results to fall their way so unlikely to help. TIP - Epping outright

For what it's worth I think the winner of Lower Eltham and Riverside will win the flag, great preparation running into a finals series, if Lower Eltham win and some of their top bats get some runs, particularly Whitcher, Poyser and Still they will be hard to beat in the finals with Burgoyne starting to show some form, and they are the best fielding side I have played against this year. If Riverside win I can see them going all the way, particularly if the Pig continues to get runs helping out Smale, and Doyle will continue to choke sides with accurate bowling.

Good luck to all!

Great couple of weeks of cricket coming up, some high pressure games!

Bundoora v Plenty - The Bulls are the only safe team sitting on top, a win will assure a home final. TIP - Bundoora comfortably

Lower Eltham v Riverside - The loser of this will most likely miss out so it is a mini SF, both teams have been in good form and this game poses so many questions. Can Lower's batting stand up to the tight bowling of the Siders? Can Riverside cope with the pressure following on from their history of struggling at this time of year? Should be a beauty and fair chance a bit will be said between these two teams, neither are quiet on the field! TIP - Lower Eltham to bat themselves to a solid win

Research v Stars - While funnier things have happened, the Searchers will win this one easily and secure a top 4 spot.

Creek v North Eltham - This is an interesting one, NEWCC have been playing some solid cricket, and while Creek dropped last week they have been in super nick as well. I'm tipping NEW in an upset.

Epping v Macleod - A certainty to be a contrived result here, 10 points for sure - but both teams need results to fall their way so unlikely to help. TIP - Epping outright

For what it's worth I think the winner of Lower Eltham and Riverside will win the flag, great preparation running into a finals series, if Lower Eltham win and some of their top bats get some runs, particularly Whitcher, Poyser and Still they will be hard to beat in the finals with Burgoyne starting to show some form, and they are the best fielding side I have played against this year. If Riverside win I can see them going all the way, particularly if the Pig continues to get runs helping out Smale, and Doyle will continue to choke sides with accurate bowling.

Good luck to all!

No mention of Scott Gibbs in your wrap up. Mycricket says he's only scored 140 runs and taken 7 wickets for the year. Wonder what has happened? Riverside will be desperate for him to turn it on over the next month.

Any danger of MyCricket being updated?? Junior finals are 4 days away and nothing is listed - no competing teams/grounds - NOTHING!

If there is not enough help, pay another person to do it!

Clubs pay affiliation fees to have people run our comp and can't even find out how is in finals or where they will be played.

What is going on?

Whilst I understand what you're saying. Its not rocket science:

1st vs 4th 99% of the time at the team who finished 1st's ground.
2nd vs 3rd 99% of the time at the team who finished 2nd's ground.

Hope this helps ;)

Very interesting final weekend coming up, some strange results.

Epping posted 298 against Macleod who are sitting on 0-15, even though it is a big score I think this one is 50/50 on a small, fast ground with Epping's bowling not their strength, the WIse boys hold the key here. Epping can make the 4 if Lower Eltham and Research get done wich is possible. TIP - Macleod to chase down the big total in a tight one.

NEW posted a solid 213 against Diamond Creek and this is also a tight contest, Creek will need runs from McClean and Luff if they are to get them, I'll tip NEW in another close finish possibly sending Creek out of the 4.

Lalor Stars made 7-351 against 5th placed Research, quite unbelievable really, with Mark Marshall obviously smashing the ball hard and long. This is a big total on Lalor's ground however if Turner and Malone fire they could well chase these down. I'm tipping Scotty to run through the top order and put Research under the pump, and the Searchers to fall 50 odd short.

Plenty with 145 is probably a par score and if Rozzy and Salvatore fire they could well knock over the ladder leaders, not really an important game re. finals, I'll tip Bundoora to get home comfortably.

Mernda 280 v Camrea 2 fa not many - Mernda will win this.

Lower Eltham 214 on the board against Riverside on the reasonably slow Lower Eltham Park, I would have Lower slight favorites here but Riverside bats are due to score some big runs with Smale and Pig in form and Gibbs and Doyle very dangerous, however this isn't Riverside's time of year generally so I'll go for Lower to knock them over.

Based on those tips Bundoora would finish top, Lower Eltham 2nd, Riverside 3rd and Creek 4th.

All the best!

Any danger of MyCricket being updated?? Junior finals are 4 days away and nothing is listed - no competing teams/grounds - NOTHING!

If there is not enough help, pay another person to do it!

Clubs pay affiliation fees to have people run our comp and can't even find out how is in finals or where they will be played.

What is going on?

Some people don't know how good they have it these days.

Once you had to wait until the Herald Sun or Diamond Valley News came out to find out the scores from the other games. The ladders were handed out at the delegates meetings on Wednesdays after each round. The locations of semi-final and grand final grounds were announced at delegates meetings and sometimes teams didn't even know if they had made the finals until many days after round 11 when the ladders where finalised.

Now we we have whingers who aren't happy if mycricket isn't updated this instant!

Kind of reminds me of this funny clip. Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy.

Looks like the weather (if correct) could have a big say on the final four.

Was at Yulong today (Bund v Plenty) - was very wet under foot and pretty soft in patches. About an inch of water surrounding the pitch and infield.
Any more rain before Saturday and in trouble there...

Any word on other grounds...?

Putting two and two together here, so please correct me if I'm wrong...

I've just read online and heard or the wireless that a player from a cricket club in Greensborough was hit in the chest by a ball at training last night and suffered a heart attack.

Ambos were called and two senior coaches performed CPR for 10 mins before a defribulator could be used to bring the 25 year old back. Aparently the bloke is all good and recovering in the Austin.

The only source quoted was a 'club member' Shane Doyle - Can anyone at Riverside confirm/deny or give us an update on the player's condition?

Back