Dvca - Barclay Shield - Season 2011/12

Quick Poll

Who has seen the DVCA administrator at their club or at any of their games, this season or last....its zero from me

Not that I have seen him either Harry, but don' think that is part of the job description. For me, that role is all behind the scenes, and I think that he is doing a wonderful job with all that comes with being in that role. Dealing with every clubs issues and demands can not be easy.

Would have hoped to have seen some more representatives from the Exec, seeing that we all have a 'go to man' on the Exec, would have been good to have a visit during the season to meet and greet.

Not that I have seen him either Harry, but don' think that is part of the job description. For me, that role is all behind the scenes, and I think that he is doing a wonderful job with all that comes with being in that role. Dealing with every clubs issues and demands can not be easy.

Would have hoped to have seen some more representatives from the Exec, seeing that we all have a 'go to man' on the Exec, would have been good to have a visit during the season to meet and greet.

Agree, its not in his job description. Actually knowing where he lives I do not think he has much affinity with any DVCA clubs and I reckon that's fine. The job is a paid position managing the DVCA and someone from the outside that does not have any interest in the game(s) is OK.

Agree, its not in his job description. Actually knowing where he lives I do not think he has much affinity with any DVCA clubs and I reckon that's fine. The job is a paid position managing the DVCA and someone from the outside that does not have any interest in the game(s) is OK.

he should at least be known to the clubs, has anyone rang him and he's answered?? living in kinglake is no excuse, if its too far for him, dont apply, simple.

if he's getting paid by the clubs, show your face....most committee people,(let alone players) wouldnt even know what he looks like, yet he takes our money.

he should at least be known to the clubs, has anyone rang him and he's answered?? living in kinglake is no excuse, if its too far for him, dont apply, simple.

if he's getting paid by the clubs, show your face....most committee people,(let alone players) wouldnt even know what he looks like, yet he takes our money.

Wrong again Harry, he is known to all the peolpe that he needs to be known to. He deals with Executive committee members of clubs, (President / Secretary / Treasurer), no one else at Club level needs to know or see him.

Yes he takes our money, but so does the council, and I am not sure about your club, but wouldn't think that they would pay many visits either.

And if he did not apply, (or was reinstated after he stepped down), this comp would be in a lot worse position than it is now, as no one else stepped forward for the role. Get off his back.

Wrong again Harry, he is known to all the peolpe that he needs to be known to. He deals with Executive committee members of clubs, (President / Secretary / Treasurer), no one else at Club level needs to know or see him.

Yes he takes our money, but so does the council, and I am not sure about your club, but wouldn't think that they would pay many visits either.

And if he did not apply, (or was reinstated after he stepped down), this comp would be in a lot worse position than it is now, as no one else stepped forward for the role. Get off his back.

never said he was doing a bad job?? i would just think that the comp administrator would do a better job if he was more involved, we have an exec to deal with club presidents and secretarys.

for the record, ive seen the council about 6 times in the last 2 years.

i know a bloke in perth who worked for cricket australia and the icc, he may as well do it, he'd do it better...but it aint the point

never said he was doing a bad job?? i would just think that the comp administrator would do a better job if he was more involved, we have an exec to deal with club presidents and secretarys.

for the record, ive seen the council about 6 times in the last 2 years.

i know a bloke in perth who worked for cricket australia and the icc, he may as well do it, he'd do it better...but it aint the point

What is your point then Harry?? You say he is not doing a bad job, then you say that he should do it better. Make up your mind mate.

And do you reckon that a bloke who worked for the ICC would do the job of the DVCA Administrator, a step or five down in coin there I would think.

i didnt realise the job description included

be invisible
never answer your phone
rarely return phone calls

the dvca admin role is clearly a different role to that of other comps, when they are basically the 'goto' men.

dont we have an exec to administer the comp, the 'administrator role' should be the goto man!!! but you cant goto to a man that no one sees, even the umpires complain about this guys availability

i actually dont know if he does a good or bad job, no one ever sees him and i dont know what he does, that is the point!!

i would think that this role, should be in close contact with all captains and umpires, that is my opinion.

how does he find out whats going on in the comp??? on here? there is no news on the website

Seriously, we are entering in the best part of the season: finals, relegation, medals etc and all people want to do is take pot shots at a bloke who is basically the "Unofficial President" of the comp, who is doing, and has done a great job with where we were at at the start of the year.

Yes the guy gets paid, but lets be honest here, its not enough to earn a living, he would have family, work, and general life committments to also take up his time. If he weren't to do it, then who would? And lets not go back to where we were at the start of the year and out a bloke and not have someone to fill his role. I would like to see him at games too, I am sure everyone would. But how does one guy go around to over 80 odd games a week? Not going to happen. I couldn't care less if I never see the guy as long as he is doing a good job in his role, which i am more than satisfied with.

Why don't you venture out to a delegates meeting where you can see him and all the execs as much as you like? Maybe raise your concerns in a more adult forum than on a social media site?

And just for the record I have seen people from the Exec at atleast 5 of my games this year.

Move along!

Seriously, we are entering in the best part of the season: finals, relegation, medals etc and all people want to do is take pot shots at a bloke who is basically the "Unofficial President" of the comp, who is doing, and has done a great job with where we were at at the start of the year.

Yes the guy gets paid, but lets be honest here, its not enough to earn a living, he would have family, work, and general life committments to also take up his time. If he weren't to do it, then who would? And lets not go back to where we were at the start of the year and out a bloke and not have someone to fill his role. I would like to see him at games too, I am sure everyone would. But how does one guy go around to over 80 odd games a week? Not going to happen. I couldn't care less if I never see the guy as long as he is doing a good job in his role, which i am more than satisfied with.

Why don't you venture out to a delegates meeting where you can see him and all the execs as much as you like? Maybe raise your concerns in a more adult forum than on a social media site?

And just for the record I have seen people from the Exec at atleast 5 of my games this year.

Move along!

Agreed, well said.

well....what does he look like??? and what does he do??? set the agenda for the exec meetings and?????????????
5 phone calls to this guy this year, no response!!

Yep ok, agreed i have done the same at times this year. It is not ideal but he is doing nearly all of it on his own.
Were your questions for him at all relevant to warrant a response...?
Do you own a rule book? Call someone else on the Exec and see if you get a better response.
We need to be careful as no guarantees he will remain next season as well.
A fine mess we shall be in then....

Harry you are a peanut. If you have an issue use the appropriate channels. Bitching on here is a waste of time. This forum is for talking cricket not potting blokes behind their back.

Does anyone give RECCC a chance this weekend?

Interesting finish coming up for the last round! Lower Eltham and Riverside to fight it out for potentially a spot in the four. The way I see it is that a win secures either a spot, with the loser needing a bit of luck and dependence on other results to stay in. Research ECCC have to beat Stars to get back in which would see them finish more than likely 4th, pushing out the loser of the above. However if Riverside lose and Diamo get done, then Diamo could miss out. Another scenario is for Research ECCC to win outright and possibly sneak a home Semi. Alot to play for and hopefully some great cricket with a few twists and turns over the next couple of weeks. Hopefully weather does not come into play!

P.S. After the last two insipid performances, I would not be putting my hard earned on my boys to do the right thing either!

Interesting finish coming up for the last round! Lower Eltham and Riverside to fight it out for potentially a spot in the four. The way I see it is that a win secures either a spot, with the loser needing a bit of luck and dependence on other results to stay in. Research ECCC have to beat Stars to get back in which would see them finish more than likely 4th, pushing out the loser of the above. However if Riverside lose and Diamo get done, then Diamo could miss out. Another scenario is for Research ECCC to win outright and possibly sneak a home Semi. Alot to play for and hopefully some great cricket with a few twists and turns over the next couple of weeks. Hopefully weather does not come into play!

P.S. After the last two insipid performances, I would not be putting my hard earned on my boys to do the right thing either!

I was interested to see that LECC rolled Plenty for 71 and who have not batted well all year, and still had 43 overs left in the day, yet chose not to have a crack at outright and giving them almost a certain spot in the 4?

Anyone able to explain what happened there? Just seems a little odd that you wouldn't at least bowl 20 overs and assess from there?

I was interested to see that LECC rolled Plenty for 71 and who have not batted well all year, and still had 43 overs left in the day, yet chose not to have a crack at outright and giving them almost a certain spot in the 4?

Anyone able to explain what happened there? Just seems a little odd that you wouldn't at least bowl 20 overs and assess from there?
With the way we batted and their position on the table in regards to the 4, I would have put my house on the fact Lower would have bowled again.

However I am 99% sure the Lower Eltham boys thought the follow on was 100 an not 80.... I hope the 4 points isn't needed for their sake.

With the way we batted and their position on the table in regards to the 4, I would have put my house on the fact Lower would have bowled again.

However I am 99% sure the Lower Eltham boys thought the follow on was 100 an not 80.... I hope the 4 points isn't needed for their sake.

Piss poor not knowing the rules if that was the case...

Back