Dvca - Barclay Shield - Season 2011/12

Both players involved have pleaded guilty and have been suspended until 20th January 2014.

Both clubs have been issued a 'please explain' and will front a hearing tonight before the delegates meeting.
Deserve everything they get. Should have been longer. Hopefully both are never seen again.

On one hand you say congrats to the DVCA for making a stance, and then on the other, you let us know that they have caved to the pressure of the Barclay Clubs and are resheculing games around them. The 20/20 comp is not a DVCA comp, so should have nil effect on the way the DVCA is run.

But are they caving or taking a stance? Maybe once presented with all evidence they made a decision that would not effect anyone and please many.

I also did not know that there was clubs placing pressure on them but can understand why they would, quite amazed that you are against them making this decision.

Interesting, fair call I would reckon, going on past verdicts.
Any update on the alleged 3rd ( & 4th, 5th, 6th...) man in against Baker...?

Anyone know, if rumours of police charges being laid against alleged 3rd man in true...?

I have heard (not confirmed as yet) that there is an investigation going on in to the alleged incident after the Baker v R Fletcher stoush.

Not prepared to comment on Police investigations or to name any players at this stage.

What a goose of a comment. People on here can say what they want.....within reason. If they have an opinion about a player and wish to express they can it promotes conversation and as long as they have no personal attack what is the issue?

If what has been reported is true then they both deserve it. Whilst some may have issues with the two (as seen by other posts) my only issue is the fact that it happened, I think its a sad thing for local cricket to have happen. I could not give a rats about these two blokes and if they are chasing blokes who comment on them like you have indicated then they really need to get a life.....but then again they have a few years of doing nothing so..........

I agree with Too Easy in a sense. Congrats to the DVCA for taking a stance. I hear they are also taking a stance against a few 'bowlers' with suspicious actions. Will be interesting to see how that goes as it certainly is a contentious and hard to prove issue.

who's the goose? you whinge about my comment, then follow up by saying people can say what they want!
for the record i have no idea whether they will seek retribution from anyone.

whilst i dont agree at all with the incident, ridiculing the blokes on here doesn't do the COMP any favours!

forget the clubs/players involved for a minute, this mud will stick to the competition like it or not.

who's the goose? you whinge about my comment, then follow up by saying people can say what they want! for the record i have no idea whether they will seek retribution from anyone.

whilst i dont agree at all with the incident, ridiculing the blokes on here doesn't do the COMP any favours!

forget the clubs/players involved for a minute, this mud will stick to the competition like it or not.

I think all the doomsdayers that believe the comp will suffer need to take a breath, maybe have a warm glass of milk and lay down.

All sports, including cricket have ugly incidents, we may not like it but it does happen. As long as the incidents are dealt with appropriately then I seriously doubt mud will stick. Have a look at website of other comps (even ones close to us) and you will find some horrendous incidents, they manage to still have a competition, why, they dealt with it.

On another note, good to see the loss of one of the players did not effect his team, in a decent position to take the 6 this week.

I think all the doomsdayers that believe the comp will suffer need to take a breath, maybe have a warm glass of milk and lay down.

All sports, including cricket have ugly incidents, we may not like it but it does happen. As long as the incidents are dealt with appropriately then I seriously doubt mud will stick. Have a look at website of other comps (even ones close to us) and you will find some horrendous incidents, they manage to still have a competition, why, they dealt with it.

On another note, good to see the loss of one of the players did not effect his team, in a decent position to take the 6 this week.

Just on the note of good moves by the competition - I've just been told the Round 10 BS fixture has been moved back to the original dates.

The 3 comps involved have agreed to move the T20 finals date to Sunday 26th Feb.

I agree with most in that umpires make mistakes and get frustrated to no end when there is a perceived poor decision. Yet none of us complain when one goes our way (I had one on the weekend go my way). Thats sport, thats how it works. Some times you get the rub of the green sometimes you don't. The umpires as a general rule do a good job, and to the best of their ability. There is no point potting an individual for a particular thing, as they all screw up, and they all do a good job. Imagine what it would be like without these blokes basically volunteering their time.

I've got a feeling REC will finish top and Riverside second. Both to play off in the final. Research to win the final.

It might be good to have a chat about: "The best first year A grade player" in both the top two grades. We always hear about the same players week in week out, and there are some good up and coming players, or people who may have bloomed late. Even the best debut for 2011/2012? So that we hear about someone other than Skips, Dale, Baker, Gibbs etc. It would also be a good pump up for someone in the first year.

Or stats out of the ordinary across the whole DVCA... We do it a bit at ECC for a bit of fun on a thursday night. For example, we have 2 players in the whole club that are yet to hit a 4 for the season. Creates some good banter.

I like it Tongs, I'll put the wiser heads to the task and we will see if we can come up with a few names tomorrow or next Sat.

Tomorrow we will be discussing the way Social Media, mainly due to Big Cricket but also using Facebook and Twitter, can impact on the DVCA both positivley and negativley, and ways to get these things up and running or be left behind.

But as mentioned, any ideas or topics are welcome, cheers lads

Tomorrow we will be discussing the way Social Media, mainly due to Big Cricket but also using Facebook and Twitter, can impact on the DVCA both positivley and negativley, and ways to get these things up and running or be left behind

Being left behind is the DVAC website. :mad: Gets updated MAYBE fortnightly.:oops:

Its not 1980 guys. Get a IT Manager, update the site, promote traffic, link to Facebook, Twitter and even here (although this site has gone to the dogs, used to be a fair few people on here now just a few and only randomly). The position pays for itself as more traffic = more sponsors = more money.

Very interesting to see the Epping v Lalor scorecard from the weekend. Making 99 would be extremely heart breaking for any player to have to go through, regardless of how many 100s they have made in their time. Epping had 2 in one innings. The run machine in Toppy, and probably the most in form batsmen of the compLicovski both making the dreadful 99 before being dismissed.

Being left behind is the DVAC website. :mad: Gets updated MAYBE fortnightly.:oops:

Its not 1980 guys. Get a IT Manager, update the site, promote traffic, link to Facebook, Twitter and even here (although this site has gone to the dogs, used to be a fair few people on here now just a few and only randomly). The position pays for itself as more traffic = more sponsors = more money.

Could not agree more, especially when interest is being shown by clubs from other associations, these clubs players would be checking our Comp out, and to not have even a monthly update is pretty poor. Use some of the coin in the bank and get on this.

Very interesting to see the Epping v Lalor scorecard from the weekend. Making 99 would be extremely heart breaking for any player to have to go through, regardless of how many 100s they have made in their time. Epping had 2 in one innings. The run machine in Toppy, and probably the most in form batsmen of the compLicovski both making the dreadful 99 before being dismissed.

Especially getting caught by the same guy, and a sub at that.

The old saying "you don't know what you've got til it's gone" comes to mind here...

Marlwood Ryder did a great job with the comp site, it was rubbish when he took it over and it's rubbish again now that he has been chased out of town with the other pro-NCL thinkers on the DVCA Exec.

Just another case of no one standing up when it counts, as with the competition Presidency.

The old saying "you don't know what you've got til it's gone" comes to mind here...

Marlwood Ryder did a great job with the comp site, it was rubbish when he took it over and it's rubbish again now that he has been chased out of town with the other pro-NCL thinkers on the DVCA Exec.

Just another case of no one standing up when it counts, as with the competition Presidency.

Could not agree more, the powers that be knew nothing of what Marlwood actually did for the comp, and were so short sighted in their judgements, it was left for no one.
I will say though, that people can not stand up for a job if they are not asked. The issue of the DVCA website has never once been mentioned at any meetings between clubs looking for a volunteer to do some work on it.

I agree with you both that Marlwood is a loss however we do pay a quite handsome amount to an Administrator, maybe his job statement does not include the web.

What I was leaning to was more the importance of actually paying a IT manager that can DAILY update the site to improve traffic and therefore entice sponsorship.....

Normally would have heard from a certain RECCC following member with some scores from the weekend by now?

I see the score from last night's T20 has been posted on the other thread already.

No update for the forum about how good they went on Saturday yet?

Before he gets on here to defend his beloved, I'll add that I think they'll chase them down.......................

What are everyone's thoughts on the final 4?

Bundoora (5/275) should win against Macleod to take themselves to 45pts and safe.

Creek vs Riverside is a massive game with Creek (0/5) on 39pts and Riverside (220) on 36pts. I'm tipping Creek to make the runs. Clappers need to win both games to make it.

RECCC (0/1) on 39pts have it all to do against Camrea (371). I would love to watch this run chase. Honestly, I reckon they'll get them. RECCC play Lalor Stars last game so would be searching for a 1/2 finish if they win this weekend.

Lower Eltham (163) need to bowl out Plenty (2/24) to be any chance. Lower need Creek or Riverside to lose both games, which they can have a say in as the play Riverside in the last round.

My Final 4
RECCC
Bundoora
Diamond Creek
Lower Eltham

What are everyone's thoughts on the final 4?

Bundoora (5/275) should win against Macleod to take themselves to 45pts and safe.

Creek vs Riverside is a massive game with Creek (0/5) on 39pts and Riverside (220) on 36pts. I'm tipping Creek to make the runs. Clappers need to win both games to make it.

RECCC (0/1) on 39pts have it all to do against Camrea (371). I would love to watch this run chase. Honestly, I reckon they'll get them. RECCC play Lalor Stars last game so would be searching for a 1/2 finish if they win this weekend.

Lower Eltham (163) need to bowl out Plenty (2/24) to be any chance. Lower need Creek or Riverside to lose both games, which they can have a say in as the play Riverside in the last round.

My Final 4
RECCC
Bundoora
Diamond Creek
Lower Eltham

My thoughts...

Bundoora should win both (v MCL this week, Plenty next) and stay on top - 51pt
Diamond Creek - win roll Riverside this week and should beat NEW - to stay 2nd - 51pt
Research/EC - unlikely this week, should beat LS comfortably (maybe outright) - 45 - 49pt

Riverside - tipping creek this week which leaves them in trouble on 36pt . Play LE last game
Lower Eltham - reckon they will get up this week against Plenty to go to 39pt. Then play Riv last game for place in the 4.

If Riverside lose to Creek then doesnt matter result of LE/Ply game this week. If Riv win and LE lose, then its all over.
Me - tipping LE to make it and Riv to miss - AGAIN !! LOL...

Back