Dvca - C Grade And Below - Season 2011/12

I am lead to believe that clubs were told were they were rated only, and the ratings are used for finals venue. ie rating 1 gets the best game. Rating 2 gets the 2nd best game.
Not true, Last year Hurstbridge were rated 2 or 3, got E grade.......Trundler is right, Location comes into it, No 1 gets Barclay, then the rest is about location to the 2 competing clubs. Looks like Eltham Central has been locked in at No 1 for ever now, because there is no way known there that ground should be in the Top 5 this year, surface is terrible.

Than ks for the update.
But why the change, and were the clubs consulted?
Are the Pusses better? Any better for who, the bowlers or batsmen.

Platypus balls will be used on a 2 year trial, same as the current 2 year trial that Kookaburra were on, clubs will then be asked to rate them both, plus and minus points, and a firm decision will be made to offer a 10 year deal with a company, with reduced costs and supply key points.
So get some feedback from your players now, vault it, and then in 2 years, get it out and compare.
Stock can be used up, but only in lower grades. 1st XI teams must use Platypus.

Not true, Last year Hurstbridge were rated 2 or 3, got E grade.......Trundler is right, Location comes into it, No 1 gets Barclay, then the rest is about location to the 2 competing clubs. Looks like Eltham Central has been locked in at No 1 for ever now, because there is no way known there that ground should be in the Top 5 this year, surface is terrible.

Three points:

1) You say that Hurstbridge was rated number 2 or 3 last year, if you were rated number 3, you would have got the B Grade Grand Final. As you are well aware, being from Hurstbridge, Hurstbridge were actually playing in that Grand Final. Therefore that would be the reason as to why you didn't get that game....

2) Honestly... When were you last at Eltham's ground?

3) As has been mentioned many times now, the surface is only ONE factor that contributes to the ratings. It is not just about the grass cover.

But if that is the case, we will happily have the GF forever. Thanks.

Three points:

1) You say that Hurstbridge was rated number 2 or 3 last year, if you were rated number 3, you would have got the B Grade Grand Final. As you are well aware, being from Hurstbridge, Hurstbridge were actually playing in that Grand Final. Therefore that would be the reason as to why you didn't get that game....

2) Honestly... When were you last at Eltham's ground?

3) As has been mentioned many times now, the surface is only ONE factor that contributes to the ratings. It is not just about the grass cover.

But if that is the case, we will happily have the GF forever. Thanks.
1. last time I checked C & D followed B and came before E.
2. Walked accross it today, could not believe how rough it is
3. Grand Finals are not won in the Nets, Clubrooms or in the Carpark, I'm sure the players would want to be playing on the best surface possible.

1. last time I checked C & D followed B and came before E.
2. Walked accross it today, could not believe how rough it is
3. Grand Finals are not won in the Nets, Clubrooms or in the Carpark, I'm sure the players would want to be playing on the best surface possible.

Would you play the Barclay Shield Grand Final at Bundoora United (No disrespect), if it were the best surface in the comp? NO. Why? Because the rest of their facilities are not up to scratch at the moment, and therefore, they cannot host the show piece of the whole of the DVCA.

If you're ignorant to think that it is only the grass covering taken into consideration, then you have bigger issues than not hosting the GF.

The things that matter
1) Surface has to be awesome
2) Viewing has to be good for spectators
3) club has to have a good canteen/bar/change rooms

We had the Barclay Shield Grand Final for about 10 years and it was due to the fact that Plenty Park was the best be an absolute mile. When the rest of the comp had a sook because we won 3 on the trott up there and it was seen as infair playimg on our home deck it was moved to Sourh Morang which as well was an awesome surface. unfortunately south morangs viewing is shithouse. Then when Eltham was redone it had all 3 categories covered, ground was sensational, viewing is second best in the comp to watch cricket (behind plenty park) and they run a really good day canteen wise.

I can't see any reason why Barclay should be moved away from Eltham, until Plenty Park is final resurfaced that is!!!!!

Would you play the Barclay Shield Grand Final at Bundoora United (No disrespect), if it were the best surface in the comp? NO. Why? Because the rest of their facilities are not up to scratch at the moment, and therefore, they cannot host the show piece of the whole of the DVCA.

If you're ignorant to think that it is only the grass covering taken into consideration, then you have bigger issues than not hosting the GF.

HEY!!!! Harsh, fair, but a bit harsh...well on the way to what could be major redevelopment talks within 24 months. Well overdue and will bring us up to, possibly well in front of the standard.

EMTWENTYFIVE,

Just had a look at all the grounds for the finals, Hurstbridge will not be hosting any finals at all this week? Any idea as to why you guys don't have any game at all? Did you get notified at all as to why?

For once, not a hint. I was pretty shattered after the happenings of round 11. But to lose a final on appeal the day after celebrating getting into a grand final would be horrid. As bad as it comes in sport.

Maybe someone from Riverside can confirm rumours they didn't supply an official scorer?

It may be a Riverside thing. I'm led to believe no scorer was present for their B Grade Semi Final either. Lucky it was such a resounding and comprehensive win by Mill Park and the result was never in question.

It may be a Riverside thing. I'm led to believe no scorer was present for their B Grade Semi Final either. Lucky it was such a resounding and comprehensive win by Mill Park and the result was never in question.

I have heard that Riverside have withdrawn their appeal into the result. Good for Greensborough to not have to worry about an appeal before the Grand Final.

EMTWENTYFIVE,

Just had a look at all the grounds for the finals, Hurstbridge will not be hosting any finals at all this week? Any idea as to why you guys don't have any game at all? Did you get notified at all as to why?
The club chose to make the ground unavailable

I'd heard from a neutral bystander that they knew of the scoring inaccuracy well before the game finished. Plenty of club members in attendance so I can't work out why they wouldn't have someone on the book...

Helps to have majority of DVCA grounds committee come from Eltham. :p

Now i am not saying Yulong is good enough for the GF, but we were apparently rated no.16 on the list...!!!
Apparently one of the umpires made comment about the poor state of the wicket from a game he umpired 4 weeks ago and that was it. yes it had a hole on the bowlers footmarks but has also since been successfully repaired. Apparently they also used lack of car parking as an issue... last I saw we have about 500 spaces across the road as well...
Surely we had to at least rate in the top 8-10 based on ground surface, and facilities?

Helps to have majority of DVCA grounds committee come from Eltham. :p

Now i am not saying Yulong is good enough for the GF, but we were apparently rated no.16 on the list...!!!
Apparently one of the umpires made comment about the poor state of the wicket from a game he umpired 4 weeks ago and that was it. yes it had a hole on the bowlers footmarks but has also since been successfully repaired. Apparently they also used lack of car parking as an issue... last I saw we have about 500 spaces across the road as well...
Surely we had to at least rate in the top 8-10 based on ground surface, and facilities?
Exactly

Back