Dvca - C Grade And Below - Season 2011/12

Finals are a funny game Tongs, anything happens. They may have taken the foot off the pedal and not cared about a loss, as they are clear by miles on top, and would explain a very ordinary set of shots to get out.
I think that if Peterson and Andrews dont get the runs, a lot of blokes start searching for who's stepping up.

7/314. Not bad for a team with only 2 batsmen.

Another stupid DVCA rule.
D Grade Semi Final
Rosanna 77
Banyule 3/220
Umpires insisted that the teams have to bowl 1 ball on the second day, then the captains can call he game off.
Why not call it off last night. Both Captains agreed to do so.

Pressure of finals.
How many teams batting first couldnt make 100.
How many games have already finished.

For once, not a hint. I was pretty shattered after the happenings of round 11. But to lose a final on appeal the day after celebrating getting into a grand final would be horrid. As bad as it comes in sport.

Maybe someone from Riverside can confirm rumours they didn't supply an official scorer?

Do i detect a tiny bit of sarcasm there opener ?

I don't know anything re official scorers but both books were out. Only fair ( heartbreaking yes) outcome was to hand over power to the dvca.

I don't know anything re official scorers but both books were out. Only fair ( heartbreaking yes) outcome was to hand over power to the dvca.

Baroo, do you have any idea how it came about that Greensborough got through? If it was originally thought that it was a draw, and then both books were out, how did the decision come that the result were to be changed?

Welcome back Opener2, I have missed seeing your name pop up here in the last 2 weeks. Were you away on holidays?

Baroo, do you have any idea how it came about that Greensborough got through? If it was originally thought that it was a draw, and then both books were out, how did the decision come that the result were to be changed?

Welcome back Opener2, I have missed seeing your name pop up here in the last 2 weeks. Were you away on holidays?

Pre-season training!!

Yes from what I can gather both umpires signed off on the draw knowing their were problems with the books (both sat and sun) saying for us (gb) to request an audit if we didn't agree.
It seemed to me they either didn't care or didn't want to put the result in. They didn't even check the scores added up. Just agreed on the 226 number.

Yes from what I can gather both umpires signed off on the draw knowing their were problems with the books (both sat and sun) saying for us (gb) to request an audit if we didn't agree.
It seemed to me they either didn't care or didn't want to put the result in. They didn't even check the scores added up. Just agreed on the 226 number.

Not very good if true, the umpires are supposed to impound the books in these cases.
In any event, the batting for Riverside on MyCricket adds up to 225 and the bowling to 226, which means their correct score (the batting) was 225. G/borough's scores aren't up.

Hang on, before you blame the umpires. If, when they walked off, both scores said 226 and both scorers thought that was the case. The umpires didn't do anything wrong!

Back