DVCA - C grade and below

Re: DVCA - C grade and below

100% BULL;378206 said:
Maybe those on the executive believe they have something to give back to the competition, is that such a challenging concept for you consider?

and what would you do if the umpires didn't attend at least two training session? Do you have a plan B?

The umpires have to go to a meeting every 4 weeks to receive an envelope telling them what the next 2 games they have. Couldn't email or post it? Dont need a plan B when its compulsory. Maybe the club they are supposed to attend is one of the clubs they are officiating in that week. No attendance or valid reason, they can then umpire for the love.
Dont kid yourself Craig just to argue the fact. It becomes a bit monotoneous. There are 3 people I know of on the executive that in my opinion do it for the ego. Nothing wrong with that if you give more than 20 minutes a week. As you should know during your limited stint as President, the amount of organisation compared to that of a club would be fairly poultry I would think.

cold case;378211 said:
The umpires have to go to a meeting every 4 weeks to receive an envelope telling them what the next 2 games they have. Couldn't email or post it? Dont need a plan B when its compulsory. Maybe the club they are supposed to attend is one of the clubs they are officiating in that week. No attendance or valid reason, they can then umpire for the love.
Dont kid yourself Craig just to argue the fact. It becomes a bit monotoneous. There are 3 people I know of on the executive that in my opinion do it for the ego. Nothing wrong with that if you give more than 20 minutes a week. As you should know during your limited stint as President, the amount of organisation compared to that of a club would be fairly poultry I would think.

What is monotonous is logging on to Bigcricket and seeing your endless opinions on everything or your other self centered comments.

Wondering if Premiers Again can give us an update on the D grade forfiet? Not like Plenty.

And can anyone tell me if the P.German playing in Greensboroughs D grade team on the weekend is the same P.German that played for North Melbourne. He was a pretty quick bowler, noticed Boroughs P.German had tidy figures.

100% BULL;383918 said:
And can anyone tell me if the P.German playing in Greensboroughs D grade team on the weekend is the same P.German that played for North Melbourne. He was a pretty quick bowler, noticed Boroughs P.German had tidy figures.

No, not the same bloke. Paul German, is his name. He hits the ball pretty well.

100% BULL;383918 said:
Wondering if Premiers Again can give us an update on the D grade forfiet? Not like Plenty.

yeah it not like us to be honest. problem being most of d grade is 17-18 year old blokes who are all down the beach and up the river. D grade normally starts that week later as well. should be fine this week, but yes was disapointing

What happens with Plenty's lower grades this week? What i mean is if they have forfeited their D Grade last week as they didn't get the numbers (reasonable in my eyes, it should only be A, B, C first week) then don't ALL grades below forfeit??

Therefore making E F G H grades all forfeiting this week? I know that if you forfeit a team, all teams below also forfeit, but does that work with a "split" round???

Tongs;384395 said:
What happens with Plenty's lower grades this week? What i mean is if they have forfeited their D Grade last week as they didn't get the numbers (reasonable in my eyes, it should only be A, B, C first week) then don't ALL grades below forfeit??

Therefore making E F G H grades all forfeiting this week? I know that if you forfeit a team, all teams below also forfeit, but does that work with a "split" round???
D-grade is Plenty's lowest grade

Tongs;384395 said:

I'll think you'll find Quinny is that D Grade are playing one day games on the 9th and 16th as they have 2 extra teams in there grade like money shield.

The430king;384408 said:
I'll think you'll find Quinny is that D Grade are playing one day games on the 9th and 16th as they have 2 extra teams in there grade like money shield.

Doesn't matter Jimmy, if you forfeit a grade, every grade below that must also forfeit!!! No matter the numbers, dates grades, teams or anything like that!

In this case it doesn't matter as their lowest grade is D grade!

Tongs;384417 said:
Doesn't matter Jimmy, if you forfeit a grade, every grade below that must also forfeit!!! No matter the numbers, dates grades, teams or anything like that!

In this case it doesn't matter as their lowest grade is D grade!

You don't have to forfiet a lower grade if they play on a different day.
ie: if Bundoora "C" grade can't fill a side next week when we have a Sunday game, our "G" & "H" grade teams can still play on Saturday.

Bundoora;384421 said:
ie: if Bundoora "C" grade can't fill a side next week when we have a Sunday game, our "G" & "H" grade teams can still play on Saturday.

That sounds about right I think. D grade have a totally new round this week and if they had of been in the situation of having lower teams, it wouldn't of mattered.

Would of been interesting if it would ever happen in C grade and they have lower grades playing the weekend after.

Bundoora;384421 said:

Wrong.

Read rule S5 of the DVCA 09/10 rulebook.

'If a club gives a walkover under this Rule or S41, all of its lower teams also lose on a walkover in that round (even if they play), but only if they are scheduled to play that weekend. '

CowCorner;384430 said:
Wrong.

'If a club gives a walkover under this Rule or S41, all of its lower teams also lose on a walkover in that round (even if they play), but only if they are scheduled to play that weekend. '

I was waiting for the rulebook to come out. Must be having a very boring day on the couch there knackas. That's what happens when you have 6 years holidays.

CowCorner;384430 said:
Wrong.

Interesting, i would have sworn that this was discussed at length and the conclusion was to change it to "day" instead of "weekend"

Could it possible that the rule book is wrong and i am still right??:D

about as likely as jim having a solo instead of 15 pots tomorrow!!!!

Bundoora;384447 said:
Interesting, i would have sworn that this was discussed at length and the conclusion was to change it to "day" instead of "weekend"

Mate you still could be right as it would not be the first time the rulebook was not updated correctly.

And yes, the chances of Jim having a solo are very very slim (pardon the pun).

The430king;384437 said:
I was waiting for the rulebook to come out. Must be having a very boring day on the couch there knackas. That's what happens when you have 6 years holidays.

and enjoying them to Slim.:D:D

remember I was at your work today for 1/2 an hour and other than answer the phone once you seemed to do little else....oh internet surfing does not count.;)

Diamond Creek vs Diamond Creek in G Grade tomorrow at Kangaroo Ground

Pity I won't be there, but apparently taking 2-9 last match, making 23 and being voted second best by our captain merits me being dropped to H Grade.

CowCorner;384473 said:
and enjoying them to Slim.:D:D

remember I was at your work today for 1/2 an hour and other than answer the phone once you seemed to do little else....oh internet surfing does not count.;)

There was important business to attend too. Sitting on the counter watching the Ponting and Clarke show took much more importance.

Bundoora;384447 said:

and I was going to have a quiet afternoon, do the book and have a couple of waters. Obviously I can't do that, i've got a reputation to protect.

Back