Dvca - How Do We Make It Better?

I’m a bit confused about the times.

We used to play 80 overs in a day - 1pm to 6pm.

Yet now we will play an extra 90 minutes and bowl an extra 10 overs? Or an extra 120 minutes for an 20 overs?

Is the Wuhan virus hoax going to cause everyone to dawdle in the field all day?
Over-rates are always much slower in One-Dayers.

Has anyone actually missed arvo tea and home game supplied drinks at the break which was usually a couple of plastic cups worth of weak home brand green cordial? Frankly I think we could just do away with food at tea all together now, if you want something just bring it yourself. I also don't mind bringing drinks, not sure how it's going for higher grades, but in the lower ones we take a pretty leisurely drinks, allows you to also break out some more sunscreen too and sit down a minute. Big fan of the 12:30 start too, something people in the past lamented couldn't be done because of all the tradies, but if this season has done anything, I think it's shown that a little change is possible and might be a good thing.

I'm starting to think that the lower grades need to be looked at after a couple of matches for balancing purposes. I've noticed there is a huge skill gap between top and bottom of the ladder, the one up, one down method just isn't balancing out these grades properly. I regrading after a couple of rounds if required would go some way to even out the skills gap I believe.

Bringing your own grog to matches that have club rooms and canteen/bar open is grubby. Support other clubs and they will in turn support you....are your ears burning *cough*parentsandsupportersofbanyule/heidelbergU18s*cough*.

Bringing your own grog to matches that have club rooms and canteen/bar open is grubby. Support other clubs and they will in turn support you....are your ears burning *cough*parentsandsupportersofbanyule/heidelbergU18s*cough*.

FYI, Banyule does not serve alcohol at Junior games including Friday nights as part of their Good Sports Management Strategy ect.
Canteens/ bars have not been open at many of the away venues this season due to COVID and on a Friday night let alone having spectators to u18 T20 cricket. Banyule juniors have not played a game at BU this season to know if the bar would be or has been open or not.
If you’re throwing the word grubby around maybe check some context or think about why they would do that, instead of suggesting that they are doing this simply to despise you. maybe check with your U18’s boys to see how many bars have been open for them throughout the year, and you might understand the answer a bit better because you sound like a grumpy man who’s rocked up for the first time to an U18 game this year.
With 6 senior teams, 3 VET’s and the most junior teams in the comp I reckon we’re tipping in to many different clubs at different times. Not bad for a pack of grubs.

FYI, Banyule does not serve alcohol at Junior games including Friday nights as part of their Good Sports Management Strategy ect.
Canteens/ bars have not been open at many of the away venues this season due to COVID and on a Friday night let alone having spectators to u18 T20 cricket. Banyule juniors have not played a game at BU this season to know if the bar would be or has been open or not.
If you’re throwing the word grubby around maybe check some context or think about why they would do that, instead of suggesting that they are doing this simply to despise you. maybe check with your U18’s boys to see how many bars have been open for them throughout the year, and you might understand the answer a bit better because you sound like a grumpy man who’s rocked up for the first time to an U18 game this year.
With 6 senior teams, 3 VET’s and the most junior teams in the comp I reckon we’re tipping in to many different clubs at different times. Not bad for a pack of grubs.

So you're saying there's an inability to turn up and see the canteen is open and decide to buy drinks (you can buy soft drinks too you know) there rather than drink what you brought with you?

...and judging by the BS thread, you guys are serial offenders in this regard.

Moving away from the BYO chat. How does everyone feel about the games continuing on tomorrow after the rain today?
There’s a little bit of me that wanted them to start again. But will be interesting to see how they go

Moving away from the BYO chat. How does everyone feel about the games continuing on tomorrow after the rain today?
There’s a little bit of me that wanted them to start again. But will be interesting to see how they go

I don't think there was anything wrong with that. We had the reserve day and it was used. No overs lost, but I'm not sure of other matches but it certainly benefited the team batting second at least in our clubs two finals....one in the positive the other not so much.

The aspect I like about it is the team would remain the exact same as the day before.
I just noticed there was no reserve day for north metro.. or were the grounds under water and couldn’t be used?
Odd I thought.

I don’t think they had a reserve day, pretty pathetic if you ask me.
The reserve day was a fantastic decision, you hate to see a team ‘lose’ simply because of their ladder placing. Defeats the purpose of finals

Personally don’t like the preliminary final weekend. Hopefully back to sudden death semi finals next year.

Will be interesting how the season looks. A few guys I have spoken to were all for one day cricket at the start of the year, but by the end of it preferred the 2 day format.
Where do your clubs or even you sit on this?

Will be interesting how the season looks. A few guys I have spoken to were all for one day cricket at the start of the year, but by the end of it preferred the 2 day format.
Where do your clubs or even you sit on this?

I didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I did. It's got good points and bad. I think if we were to keep the one day format, there has to be an increase in the overs; at least 40. 35 goes by far too fast and batting feels very rushed.

I didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as I did. It's got good points and bad. I think if we were to keep the one day format, there has to be an increase in the overs; at least 40. 35 goes by far too fast and batting feels very rushed.

Agreed, and no reason shield grades can’t be 50/50 matches. Start at 11.30

Agreed, and no reason shield grades can’t be 50/50 matches. Start at 11.30
I’m not sure on the rules with the field, but sometimes I noticed the second team bowling would just put 5 out right away.. would think that is something that needs to be looked at.
Saying that, when you don’t have official umpires little things like that would go unnoticed.
Agree with shield going to 50 overs and an earlier start, the earlier the better

Butthurt banyule supporter. Applauding BYO I'm sure old boy mills sier davis and neilsons knew that the BU canteen would be open, carried onto the next two days at riverside I'm sure no doubt getting a bad rep them lot.

Back