DVCA Money Shield 2010/11

Good to see nothing's changed. Still talk about yourself in the 3rd person. There is medication for that you know. Al Mann is the only one left at the club that could lead which is very scary. I think the saying "The lunatics will run the asylum" will be the case at NEW this season.

Please dont tell me you have thought I am Ethan Groves this whole time. please? I already think you are a big enough idiot as it is.

Please dont tell me you have thought I am Ethan Groves this whole time. please? I already think you are a big enough idiot as it is.
Actually with some of the rubbish you have written I thought you may have been the bloke that collects the aluminuim cans. If that is the case you will one of the more highly educated people at the club.

Time will tell how the clappers will go. Most of the better B grade teams over the past couple of years, Lower Eltham, Creek, Riverside, Bundoora, Plenty have had a lot of players that have played a number of games in Barclay shield and with those teams being relatively strong in Barclay its not easy to hold a place in the top grade. I don't think the money shield teams should underestimate how competitive some of the 2nd XI teams would be.

Agreed, A message for the Money Shield teams, I wouldnt under-estimate the clappers in Money Shield either. Yes it will be a big challenge for our twos, but we are primed for a big season in Money Shield. We are treating it like we have two A grade sides (Obviously one team stronger than the other). We our confident our depth is there. We will upset a few teams and hope to be very competitive in most games. Looking forward to playing against the Monty & Lower Plenty boys again. If we finish mid ladder we will have done well.

From NEWCC website -

New Coach

The Club is pleased to announce that Ray Kelsey will coach the Club in season 2011 - 2012. This was announced to the membership at the AGM held on the 8th June 2011.

And Joal Crook will join NEW from lwr plenty, lower also loosing potter who will be coaching 'bridgers

Joel Crook - that's a big pick up! He's passed 50 three times in his last 26 games in Money Shield, with a highest of 68.

Who knows - he might even be able to make a 20 or 30 in Barclay Shield.

$18,000 is what I am hearing!!!!

From NEWCC website -

New Coach

The Club is pleased to announce that Ray Kelsey will coach the Club in season 2011 - 2012. This was announced to the membership at the AGM held on the 8th June 2011.

Is he playing? Heard he was retiring after last seasons loss! Will be interesting if he is playing, did not set the world on fire from memory when he had his short stint at Eltham a few years back! 18k? They would have to have rocks in there collective heads, but nothing would surprise me! You could walk into that joint and write your own cheque!

North Eltham will need all the help they can get to stay up for more than one year with the "big boys". word on the street is Joel Crook and Scott Barnett from lower plenty offered big big sums of money by NEWCC. time will tell whether this move will pay out.

North Eltham will need all the help they can get to stay up for more than one year with the "big boys". word on the street is Joel Crook and Scott Barnett from lower plenty offered big big sums of money by NEWCC. time will tell whether this move will pay out.

Sounds like the Lower boys are going to lose a few players. I heard that Gunny is heading back to Lower Eltham as well.

Sounds like the Lower boys are going to lose a few players. I heard that Gunny is heading back to Lower Eltham as well.

Come on Warwick, you have just flat out made that up! I'm not from either Club but know Gunny and it hasn't even been discussed or thought of. Is your life that boring that the best thing you have to do is post rubbish? I feel sorry for you to be honest.

Come on Warwick, you have just flat out made that up! I'm not from either Club but know Gunny and it hasn't even been discussed or thought of. Is your life that boring that the best thing you have to do is post rubbish? I feel sorry for you to be honest.

Don't get to upset absoluteglam, I am from one of those clubs and you are 100% correct, Gunny is not going anywhere. But don't let rumours on here get to ya, almost always 99% are actually made up to entice reaction. :)

Looks like a few inclusions at Monty, see below..

Dear Player,
As another season is quickly approaching it’s important to warm up the cricket brain!
After a fantastic home and away season it was very disappointing for all three grades to drop their semi finals. This should make everyone more enthusiastic about this season and hungrier to achieve the ultimate success.
The club is very pleased to have appointed two experienced cricketers to our coaching panel;
Ashley Wood has been appointed as Assistant Coach. Ash is a great addition to our club and recently Captained/Coached Macleod to the Money Shield premiership in 2007/08. Ash has represented DVCA in many Representative matches, along with many other cricket awards.
Daniel Thorpe has been appointed as Batting Coach. Daniel is a four time A grade premiership player with Rosanna and along with many other personal accolades, Thorpey brings with him a wealth of cricket and playing experience and will be a great asset to our club.
It’s also fantastic news to welcome back Mark O’Brien to the club. Mark has been playing Sub District cricket with Broadmedows and we look forward to him slotting in to our line up with the bat and the ball.
It’s an exciting time to be involved with the Montmorency CC and with pre season only five weeks away it’s time to get motivated to improve! With the disappointment of last year’s finals series it is important we are ready to go come Round 1. Make sure you get to as many of the pre-season sessions as possible to give ourselves the best chance to start the season off with a bang.
Luke Anderson
Captain/Coach

That old grey headed bloke? Is that Pendles? What a super player. Whenever he plays his last game they should carry him off. Or at least create a guard of honour... Great to hear Barnett and Crook are holding each others hands and shafting lower for money!

Back