DVCA Money Shield 2010/11

will get flogged next year by some teams, might win 1 or 2. riverside would have to recruit 5 good players to play in their firsts so players could come down into there two's, nothing against them but, will be down the next year i think.

My feelings on Riverside are well known, but you must be joking. I think you have over estimated the standard of Money Shield if you think Riverside will drop straight back out. Hope you are right though.:D

Will be a great test to the old barclay shield / money shield arguement - whereby MS has been accused of being nothing more than a B grade comp.
I expect Riverside B grade will have the bottom 4-5 covered. Will struggle against the top sides of course.

On the topic of Riverside - we hang a lot of shit on each other - but congrats on winning 4 senior flags - good club effort.

You're spot on Prez - Will be on par with the bottom 5 and will probably win games against 3 or 4 of those, won't trouble the top 5.
Maybe the Strangler will be a chance to break double figures for runs/wickets against other First XI's next year, in MS of course.

I suspect they will struggle to win many games, Whittlesea were the worst side in money shield the year they went down by quite some margin, there didn't seem to be much between the two sides throughout the year and whittlesea will be very dissapointed with there first innings in the grand final. That being said it's a great feather in riverside's cap in getting their b grade side into money shield. I suspect they'll try very hard to keep them up as it's fantastic for the club's player development if they can minimise the step up between their 1's and 2's, congratulations riverside!

To be honest - Whittlesea only made the 4 by making the most of games against lower sides in B Grade.
Games against Eltham, Lalor Stars, Us (Mernda) and Research in the last 4 rounds saw 3 outrights and a draw due to bad weather where they made 270+ and had Stars 7 for 70.
Apart from those games they were just a run of the mill side, nothing stand out-ish about them at all - If you take away the outrights against the worst sides they finish outside the 4 and have a poor year.
I know they faultered in the semi but I have to say Lower Eltham have been the best side in the garde for a couple of years, better than Whittlesea for sure and probably a touch better than Riverside - But none of that matters if you can't perform on the big stage.
Just my thoughts after playing each of those teams this year.

To be honest - Whittlesea only made the 4 by making the most of games against lower sides in B Grade.
Games against Eltham, Lalor Stars, Us (Mernda) and Research in the last 4 rounds saw 3 outrights and a draw due to bad weather where they made 270+ and had Stars 7 for 70.
Apart from those games they were just a run of the mill side, nothing stand out-ish about them at all - If you take away the outrights against the worst sides they finish outside the 4 and have a poor year.
I know they faultered in the semi but I have to say Lower Eltham have been the best side in the garde for a couple of years, better than Whittlesea for sure and probably a touch better than Riverside - But none of that matters if you can't perform on the big stage.
Just my thoughts after playing each of those teams this year.

a 10 wicket win in the semi final would suggest they were more than deserving of a top four spot. an outright win is an outright win no matter who the opposition is you still have to be good enough to get them. Lower Eltham and Riverside didnt earn 1 for the season playing against the same opposition? so i think you are taking a little bit away from Whittlesea's efforts.

i think you'll find that the year before in Money Shield Whittlesea knocked off a full strength Camerea side in the opening round. they were injury riddled through the rest of the season which may have been a contributing factor to their demise. id love to see wat Camerea 1's would do to other teams from the B grade comp.

congratualtions to Riverside, they will certainly be competitive next season

a 10 wicket win in the semi final would suggest they were more than deserving of a top four spot. an outright win is an outright win no matter who the opposition is you still have to be good enough to get them. Lower Eltham and Riverside didnt earn 1 for the season playing against the same opposition? so i think you are taking a little bit away from Whittlesea's efforts.

i think you'll find that the year before in Money Shield Whittlesea knocked off a full strength Camerea side in the opening round. they were injury riddled through the rest of the season which may have been a contributing factor to their demise. id love to see wat Camerea 1's would do to other teams from the B grade comp.

Bundoora couldnt have played any worse in that semi if they tried, terrible performance. I wouldnt be benchmarking myself against that performance.

two players got them into the finals in B grade goodwin and nixon, goodwin good enough in money, but nixon not likely, cant bully sides when sides have three or four good bowlers, good to see them make the finals, but if rumours are true goodwin and Lehner going, this club will struggle to be around in 3 to 5 years.

who riverside going to beat, really?
TU,no
GB,no
SF,no
LP,no
BU, maybe
SM, not with stewart and ash wood batting
Eltham, not with Minney and new coach Donaldson and the others that play there.
PH, moch and rick will make light work of there batting
Mont,no
Mill Park, maybe, but improved late in the year.
yarrambat, maybe, but who cares!

it will be a struggle for them, lots of recruiting to do if they are to be competitive.

any side that comes up will find it tough, as in Money to Barclay, equivalent jump i think.

Time will tell how the clappers will go. Most of the better B grade teams over the past couple of years, Lower Eltham, Creek, Riverside, Bundoora, Plenty have had a lot of players that have played a number of games in Barclay shield and with those teams being relatively strong in Barclay its not easy to hold a place in the top grade. I don't think the money shield teams should underestimate how competitive some of the 2nd XI teams would be.

two players got them into the finals in B grade goodwin and nixon, goodwin good enough in money, but nixon not likely, cant bully sides when sides have three or four good bowlers, good to see them make the finals, but if rumours are true goodwin and Lehner going, this club will struggle to be around in 3 to 5 years.

who riverside going to beat, really?
TU,no
GB,no
SF,no
LP,no
BU, maybe
SM, not with stewart and ash wood batting
Eltham, not with Minney and new coach Donaldson and the others that play there.
PH, moch and rick will make light work of there batting
Mont,no
Mill Park, maybe, but improved late in the year.
yarrambat, maybe, but who cares!

it will be a struggle for them, lots of recruiting to do if they are to be competitive.

any side that comes up will find it tough, as in Money to Barclay, equivalent jump i think.

Do you something that I don't ? Ash Wood to South Morang ? I've heard otherwise.

Who

Who would u change in this team then?

Or your team would be!

Did a light fall on your head Stubbie at your workplace?? Or is the air at your new club a bit thin??
Agreed Al Mann no chance, Chelvaratnam, Wallace and Ross all openers made significantly more runs than Al, and Andy Stuart who opened for a part of the year. Ducky surely not and Zerafa good but nothing after November.

My team is:

M.Jephcott
J.Wallace
R.Kelsey
L.Stewart
A.Stuart
G.Motschall
M.Mickelson
C.Cogan
A.Caithness
S.Smith
L.Donaldson

Did a light fall on your head Stubbie at your workplace?? Or is the air at your new club a bit thin??
Agreed Al Mann no chance, Chelvaratnam, Wallace and Ross all openers made significantly more runs than Al, and Andy Stuart who opened for a part of the year. Ducky surely not and Zerafa good but nothing after November.

My team is:

M.Jephcott
J.Wallace
R.Kelsey
L.Stewart
A.Stuart
G.Motschall
M.Mickelson
C.Cogan
A.Caithness
S.Smith
L.Donaldson
What about Collicoat for another brilliant grand final or groves for single handly de-stabilising the club.

What about Collicoat for another brilliant grand final or groves for single handly de-stabilising the club.

Collicoat played his role. Groves winning yet another GF for his club. 13fa last time. 70 run partnership for the last wicket this time. no secret he is the worst bat in any comp. To show the heart and desire to play for his mates and bat out 38 overs at number 11 shows the efforts of a true champion. Then to back up with 3 crucial wickets. The guy is universally hated by all and sundry outside scumbags like Picker but the Wanderer have him to thank for their last 2 GF wins.

Thank you Ethan - From all Wanderers.​

Collicoat played his role. Groves winning yet another GF for his club. 13fa last time. 70 run partnership for the last wicket this time. no secret he is the worst bat in any comp. To show the heart and desire to play for his mates and bat out 38 overs at number 11 shows the efforts of a true champion. Then to back up with 3 crucial wickets. The guy is universally hated by all and sundry outside scumbags like Picker but the Wanderer have him to thank for their last 2 GF wins.​
Thank you Ethan - From all Wanderers.​
Good to see nothing's changed. Still talk about yourself in the 3rd person. There is medication for that you know. Al Mann is the only one left at the club that could lead which is very scary. I think the saying "The lunatics will run the asylum" will be the case at NEW this season.

Back