DVCA Money Shield 2010/11

Whats the story with the Captain Coach at NEW? Been told he won`t be required next season! 16k gets them into a GF, see you later! Does that mean 17 wickets plus 100 runs McTaggart will get sacked as well? Perhaps should have chucked that coin into incentives for the Jack Youngs etc!!

no way he's on 16 grand, no way possible

Here we are right at the very pointy end of the season - the grand finals. Congratulations to the two teams that have survived to fight out for the ultimate prize. And what a pleasant surprise that the two teams vying not only for a premiership but promotion to the top grade were outsiders looking in by most pundits late into the season

The two surprised with strong semi final wins over much more fancied opponents. After having spent a small fortune on recruitment in the pre-season, North Eltham get their chance to return to the top division, while Greensborough are in their first grand final after crossing from the HDCA two seasons ago. The 'Boro rely on one or two players to hold them together while the Wanderers have strengths in all disciplines.

DVCA. Barclay Shield. Grand Final. 19th, 20th, 26th 27th March 2011. Selection Bolded.
Plenty vs. Lower Eltham at Central Park, Eltham.

Rd. 04. Lower Eltham 9/178 cc (Whitcher 31, Hubber 4/27) def Plenty 146 (Connelley 30, Still 3/42).
Potential Match Winners: Hubber (Plenty), Still (Lower Eltham)

DVCA. Money Shield. Grand Final. 19th, 20th, 26th 27th March 2011. Selection Bolded.
North Eltham Wanderers vs. Greensborough at Coventry Oval, Diamond Creek

Rd. 08. Greensborough 217 (Kelsey 59, Newey 4/51) def North Eltham Wanderers 182 (Reid 69, Harvey 3/29).
Potential Match Winners. Newey (North Eltham), Kelsey (Greensborough)

PS. And turbo, if the NEW captain/caoch has indeed been shown the door, many will be interested to see how he performs on the weekend. He's a professional, and that's why I have him as a potential match winner. And if he goes, it's pretty poor on the powerbrokers at the soccer field, but then he probbaly will have plenty of suitors at seasons end if it is true.

Greensborough are playing in their second Grand Final in a row since switching from the HDCA two years ago.
They lost to Camrea Taipans in the Money Shield Grand Final last year.
Interesting to note that they beat the hot favourites Lower Plenty in the Semi last year as well.
Both Greensborough's One's and Two's are playing in back to back Grand Finals.

Greensborough are playing in their second Grand Final in a row since switching from the HDCA two years ago.
They lost to Camrea Taipans in the Money Shield Grand Final last year.
Interesting to note that they beat the hot favourites Lower Plenty in the Semi last year as well.
Both Greensborough's One's and Two's are playing in back to back Grand Finals.

and once again they conceeded, well done to the too biggest gooses in the comp, Mr R Bowers and Mr J Harvey fools to the end.

I disagree. I think NEW have overachieved this season. I reckon it is a great effort by a bunch of overpaid, over rated, disfunctional , loud mouthed individuals to still be in the finals race at this time of year. The club could implode at any minute but you blokes like Duckworth and Reid and Collicoat and all the woMANNS keep putting your hand out and continue to drag your club through the mud.
Picker Out
If by mud you mean the flag, then yes.

I disagree. I think NEW have overachieved this season. I reckon it is a great effort by a bunch of overpaid, over rated, disfunctional , loud mouthed individuals to still be in the finals race at this time of year. The club could implode at any minute but you blokes like Duckworth and Reid and Collicoat and all the woMANNS keep putting your hand out and continue to drag your club through the mud.
Picker Out

Hey Teapicker, go and SMA you usesless piece of crap. Go the Wanderer.

Pretty easy win for the wanderers. It will be interesting to see if the bounce back down to money shield or stay up for a bit longer second time round.
How do people think the team coming into money shield from b grade will go next year? Either Whittlesea or Riverside seconds. Looking at the scores it looks like it could be the clappers. Both teams would find it hard to win many games in my opinion.

How do people think the team coming into money shield from b grade will go next year? Either Whittlesea or Riverside seconds. Looking at the scores it looks like it could be the clappers. Both teams would find it hard to win many games in my opinion.
Would struggle I reckon. Particularly Riverside as I couldn't imagine them really recruiting for their seconds, although it would be good for their club in terms of development.

Hey Teapicker, go and SMA you usesless piece of crap. Go the Wanderer.
I have to admit. It was one of the best purchased flags since North Melbourne in 1975. Where else can a team have $50K in player payments and just scrape into the 4. One thing is for sure. You will be back in Money in 2012/13.
Picker Out

I have to admit. It was one of the best purchased flags since North Melbourne in 1975. Where else can a team have $50K in player payments and just scrape into the 4. One thing is for sure. You will be back in Money in 2012/13.
Picker Out

Atleast those recruited at Nth Melb in 75 hung around! Can`t be so sure of the one`s at NEW, if as rumoured the Cocko has been told to pack his bags and Money Shields 2nd most expensive under achiever decides to go awol!

Picker Out
Whatever you say. But merging with the Search was the only way the College were ever going to get up into the big league

Hey Picker,

Remember that time you went to jail for stalking your ex-mrs and setting your mates house on fire, whilst he was in it? I do. I remember it vivdly.

Hey Picker,

Remember that time you went to jail for stalking your ex-mrs and setting your mates house on fire, whilst he was in it? I do. I remember it vivdly.
You obviously have the wrong Teapicker knucklehead. I'm sure the bloke you are referring too will be rapt about putting that sort of information on this forum. I suppose you aint got much else though. You can't find much positive about your club so why not go down that track. So tell me Too Easy. When you think about me at night do you touch yourself? Well do you? Of course you do... Picker Out

Back