Dvca - Money Shield - Season 2011/12

There is an investigation into the game/result. Until then I won't go into it.

But all I will say is a number of Eltham boys refused to have a beer after the game, and this was well and truely deserved after the disgraceful conduct by South Morang. The above comment is completely and utterly inaccurate. But as I said, i will wait till the DVCA go through their investigation before commenting further.

Sounds like certain people just think Money Shield will be a walk in the park..... still have to bowl your overs in the reuired time. This same thing happend in a 1 dayer also last season. Therefore the "investigation" is a load of crap lol 3 points is unlucky! Too bad so sad.

But all I will say is a number of Eltham boys refused to have a beer after the game, and this was well and truely deserved after the disgraceful conduct by South Morang. The above comment is completely and utterly inaccurate. But as I said, i will wait till the DVCA go through their investigation before commenting further.

Lol, Tongs. If the Eltham were in the same shoes as South Morang, then it would have been the same result. Very ordinary form with only 4-5 blokes hanging around for a drink after the game. Given the state of the run-ups and areas of the ground. Morang should haven't went back on the field, had a clear disadvantage and unsafe surface.
DVCA investigation?? What they going to find?
Eltham didn't finish their overs until 4.20. We only had 2 hours max to bowl, we were lucky to get through 26 overs in the end.

Tongs happy for you to correct what is inaccurate. You guys lost 6/16 so not sure what an investigation would find other than maybe u guys a chance of losing. As for boycotting having a beer, its local cricket mate how old are u 2? Grow up for gods sake.

Tongs, good to see you didn't mention that after the rain delay when you guys went out to bowl, that instead of your opening bowlers coming off there normal run-ups, they bowled off the end of the pitch. Which in turn they got hit around a bit and those runs turned out to be what cost you guys the game. At least we came out and had a crack. At the end off the day we didnt have to come back out of the shed, especially after how you guys finished you last cpl of overs.

I heard the Eltham boys didn’t have a drink after the game cause the fridge wasn’t stocked with pink Cruisers…bunch of fairies!
Get serious guys, u would think that this was the first ever game of cricket called off for running past the cut off time. By the sounds of things there was a large period of lost play due to a rain delay and as dthomas stated, Eltham never finished their overs till 4.20, perhaps Eltham should b investigated for a slow over rate?
All in all its up to the umpires to keep track of the days play. Its doesn’t sound like South Morang were at fault at all.
Im sure the beers would have been icey cold so the joke is on Eltham

Lol, Tongs. If the Eltham were in the same shoes as South Morang, then it would have been the same result. Very ordinary form with only 4-5 blokes hanging around for a drink after the game. Given the state of the run-ups and areas of the ground. Morang should haven't went back on the field, had a clear disadvantage and unsafe surface.
DVCA investigation?? What they going to find?
Eltham didn't finish their overs until 4.20. We only had 2 hours max to bowl, we were lucky to get through 26 overs in the end.
I'm pretty sure both captains agreed it was too wet and dangerous, it was the umpires decision to return to the ground! Elthams slow over rate bit them big time!!

When Eltham were 5-fa 6-fa 7-fa, the incoming batsman was running to the crease. At 8-fa, there was a masssive change of attitude from the Eltham guys, and it took the bloke 3-4mins to get out there. Anyway, is the investigation into Davo who somehow assumed the right to run on to the field yelling and screaming like a fool and waving the rule book around? That was good entertainment!! That said, he was 1 of 2 guys that bought a drink off me.

looks like to two gun recruits for Thomastown Steve Elworthy and for Eltham Luke Kennell are firing, hope their clubs got them on dollars per runs.

steve Goodwin looks in good form after recovering from that knee injury.

is Steve smith not playing for Lower this year?

Bundoora United may be a shed, but its the best shed in Valley!!!

The Boys from BU may surprise a few this season.......

I'll have a crack

1 Eltham- Seems strange to put Elthams name at the top of the list but with the pick ups they have this season and the couple of players they already had at the club the challenge for them is to develop a winning culture after years of targetting survival. Gutto, Kenell added to Minney, Davies and with Chrimes forms a good batting spine. Still need to take 10 wickets though.

2 Lower Plenty - Never know what to believe on here, but if they can field most of their side from last year then I'd expect them to be in a position to try and do what they should have done the last two years. Crook isn't a big loss hopefully they replace him with young talent.

3 Thomo Utd - Not sure I'd want to board any ship that Snowy was captain of, but If they don't implode they'll continue their impressive improvement from last season. Stuart Wright is a massive loss but much 150 runs at 17 much of what they achieved last year was on the back of other players. Snowy can bat and IF he has a decent year I expect them to be a chance of going up. Matt George is a really talented bat and needs to start batting like one. Hope he bats in their top order this year.

4 St Francis - Last year they took about 8 games to post a score, a few handy cricketers, but very reliant on Duggin. I'd think they'll play much better cricket this year.

5 Greensy - Good competitors, well drilled side, bat a bit, bowl a bit but not sure how they'll go without their two best players Ray Kelsey.

6 Mont - Felt they overachieved a little last year, no idea if they've picked anyone up but I'd expect them to field a similar side minus donaldson. If Whale murders some bowling figures and A Stuart has a good year then they'll be there abouts.

7 Sth Morang - Probably went backwards a little last year but would be very happy to have Jake Zeralla back and I hope for his sake he picks up where he left off.

8 Mill Park - Few young guys in the side so expect them to improve, not a stellar bowling line up, but if the youngs guys help them post a couple of scores around 200, then more often than not in Money shield that gets you across the line.

9 Riverside - Very good for a club to be able to prepare players in Money shield to come up to Barclay shield. With that in mind i think Riverside will be really keen to put a side out on the park that competes. Where they'll fit in amongst the rest I'm not sure.As from about this point on you could probably through a blanket over the sides. If a couple of older guys come down from Barclay I'm sure they'll be competitive.

10 Panton Hill - Motschall Ford Mash. Without Grimshaw I think the rest are picked from the local chook raffle. Great guys, so I hope they win a few and stay up. If ford and Motsch have good years and some other guys pipe up with timely runs then they should.

11 Bundoora Utd - Could finish 11th or could land middle of the table. Too good to go down, with Matt Ross doing a good job in pretty tough conditions playing out of a shed over there.

12 Whittlesea - Have a new coach, but last time they were up they were the worst side by a considerable margin. Were unlucky to be put down, and lucky to be put up. If they want to survive in the long run then they probably need to prove me wrong and stay up. Good luck to them

Bundoora United may be a shed, but its the best shed in Valley!!!

The Boys from BU may surprise a few this season.......
Might be time to bring back the 'bomb shelter'!!! Surely now with St.Franks at a nice ground with rooms, the BU boys have the worst facilities in the comp.....
....they are making some noise thou....word is it that their import is sure to raise a few eyebrows!!!

Might be time to bring back the 'bomb shelter'!!! Surely now with St.Franks at a nice ground with rooms, the BU boys have the worst facilities in the comp.....
....they are making some noise thou....word is it that their import is sure to raise a few eyebrows!!!

i would be curious to know how many games they win away. have started well the last couple of seasons and then dropped away mid to late season. but will take some beating this week.

He's leaving a few bruises on the boys so far.....

Very strange to see you bagging your own facilitites.

Very strange to see you bagging your own facilitites.
Pretty plain for all to see though.... It's pretty hard to think of another club with worse facilities. That's not a knock on Bundoora United or any of the people there. They have always come across as a great bunch of blokes and make the best of what they've got.
Agree that they had the better of the play last week, but haven't seen what the ground's like because 270 odd isn't always a massive total on that ground, and St Francis have posted some totals over the last few years. If the import gets it wrong then the ground could look very small, if he gets it right it would make for some great viewing.

Who's bagging there own facilities? No-one at BU.....
We do the best with what we have and we love it there.
That's not to say we aren't lobbying the council to get better facilities.

What we lack in facilities, we make up in club culture and the culture at BU in my experience, is one
of the best of any sport I have been involved in.

quote="George, post: 413898"]Very strange to see you bagging your own facilitites.[/quote]

Thanks for the compliment.

Yes, a good score at BU would be around 260 and 300 isn't out of the question on a good batting day.
Were excited as any to see the import take a big bag of wickets this week.

Pretty plain for all to see though.... It's pretty hard to think of another club with worse facilities. That's not a knock on Bundoora United or any of the people there. They have always come across as a great bunch of blokes and make the best of what they've got.
Agree that they had the better of the play last week, but haven't seen what the ground's like because 270 odd isn't always a massive total on that ground, and St Francis have posted some totals over the last few years. If the import gets it wrong then the ground could look very small, if he gets it right it would make for some great viewing.

By all reports the ground is quite lush, and seeing that they only faced 70 overs, it was a good total to post, and it would seem that a quick fire start to play on Saturday could have the St.Franks chasing 300 off 75. Good game that would be.

Back