Dvca - Money Shield - Season 2011/12

Because elworthy is a tool

Speaking to people from whittlesea they were saying he is already fighting with players in team

I wouldn't be surprised if they got relegated no good things are coming out of thommo

Because elworthy is a tool

Speaking to people from whittlesea they were saying he is already fighting with players in team

I wouldn't be surprised if they got relegated no good things are coming out of thommo

Will not see out the year.

Has a history of packing it in when the going gets tough, just ask The Basin CC.

Will most likely blame a back injury.

Interesting game at Eltham on the weekend. Heard game started late due to wet outfield and Eltham captain was not happy and was willing to ring executive to go over umpires head to start the game even though umpires deemed it unsafe to play. All reports it went down to the last over with Eltham unable to get 10 wickets.

Interesting game at Eltham on the weekend. Heard game started late due to wet outfield and Eltham captain was not happy and was willing to ring executive to go over umpires head to start the game even though umpires deemed it unsafe to play. All reports it went down to the last over with Eltham unable to get 10 wickets.

So two games in and Eltham have two non results...:rolleyes: not having much luck with the weather...

Could Eltham be the frist DVCA club to get relegated in consecutive years? Minney would make shovel loads of runs in B grade!

The above is not accurate, but oh well.

Good game in the end, which looks good on paper. Yet any game of cricket is disappointing when you have a draw due to weather. No one wants that to happen, and unfortunately for Eltham we have now had 2 in a row from winning positions. thats the name of the game and we solider on.

100% Bull could you be the biggest knob not only on here, but in the whole of the Diamond Valley? Pretty poor that a senior player, and President decides to take a holiday mid season. Is that a lack of respect to your team mates, or your whole club in general?

Good game in the end, which looks good on paper. Yet any game of cricket is disappointing when you have a draw due to weather. No one wants that to happen, and unfortunately for Eltham we have now had 2 in a row from winning positions. thats the name of the game and we solider on.

100% Bull could you be the biggest knob not only on here, but in the whole of the Diamond Valley? Pretty poor that a senior player, and President decides to take a holiday mid season. Is that a lack of respect to your team mates, or your whole club in general?

You need to update your files...100% Bull (me) is in temporary retirement this season and hasn't been President for at least four seasons. But since you raise the point, I was blown away when your demon fast bowler missed out on the B grade GF a few seasons back to travel to NZ (of all places)...how did his team mates feel about that?

Could Eltham be the frist DVCA club to get relegated in consecutive years? Minney would make shovel loads of runs in B grade!
Surely not, with a bloke going to make 1200+ runs, surely he will carry them to a few wins, although he was dropped on 5 last week.
And imagine if Tongs had to comment on 3 different forums.....:D

Massive game against Borough this week, both teams yet to salute for a win after 2 rounds....someone will be smiling in 9 days time...will it be Tongs???

you were not in a winning position after losing 6 fa 16, 2 wickets in hand!! The umpires saved you guys!!!

you were not in a winning position after losing 6 fa 16, 2 wickets in hand!! The umpires saved you guys!!!

iteresting season ahead i think, much more even.
Mill park with inclusions look to have more bite.
Lower consistent, but not a strong as previous seasons
Motch Hill doing well
Franks ok
Thomo poo ( good pick by me for top four) now i know why i ice skate for sport.
Greensborough..........no Kelsey no rudder.
Mintham winless but im sure Mr Minney will add to his lazy 220 odd runs and win them enough games to make the four.

you gotten love the game dont ya!!!!!!!!!

My tips for this round-

Eltham over G'Borough (Minney to make a huge score)
Lower Plenty over Panton Hill (If L.P can see out Rick Ford and Glenn Motschall, then they'll win comfortably)
Mill Park over Bundoora United (MPCC haven't lost to B.U in a very long time)
Montmorency over Riverside (Mont just way to strong with Luke Anderson & Ash Wood)
Thomastown United over South Morang (South Morang just way too poor, and so is Thomo, but the likes of Mickleson & Matty George)
St Francis over Whittlesea (Will be tough for Whitt after coming up from B grade, but the Franks just a little more experienced)

i see Steve Goodwin bowled 40 straight in the rain , fair effort from a legspinner, and his figures look quite handy 3 4 100 odd off 40, he must have spewed losing the toss and having to bowl with the cake of soap all day.

i see Steve Goodwin bowled 40 straight in the rain , fair effort from a legspinner, and his figures look quite handy 3 4 100 odd off 40, he must have spewed losing the toss and having to bowl with the cake of soap all day.
Fair effort agreed, but with the other side 0/180, surely there was an option to bowl someone else.....and seeing that they WON the toss, no one really to blame for the score....

let me see...its raining......best bowler leg spinner....win toss......ball going to be slippery all day....and you bowl....WOW!!!
but its going to be 30 this week, ground quicker, bowlers more tired.....................ok.... if the franks hadn't made 270 ish.
on figures alone Steve had to bowl 40, the others are not up to Money standard.

oh well..... there must be method in his madness.

a
let me see...its raining......best bowler leg spinner....win toss......ball going to be slippery all day....and you bowl....WOW!!!
but its going to be 30 this week, ground quicker, bowlers more tired.....................ok.... if the franks hadn't made 270 ish.
on figures alone Steve had to bowl 40, the others are not up to Money standard.

oh well..... there must be method in his madness.
agree that there must have been a meltdown in thinking, not like they were playing on a sticky turf wicket.....and not even the great Bakes would have bowled 40.....he would have swapped ends for a change, and would have been stranded on 39.

Back