Dvca - Money Shield - Season 2011/12

That would be very harsh.

I would still have 2 x 14 team divisions. 13 round season. 8 two dayers and 5 one dayers. 21 playing dates. Outrights aren't a huge issue for me. (Perhaps everyone gets at least 2 weaker teams in a 2 dayer?) Would also have a top 6 finals series played over 3 weekends like the subbies do. Just an opinion.

I would keep Lalor in Barclay and promote OPSF and LP to make 14 teams.

Money Shield would end up being MONTMORENCY, GREENSBOROUGH, HEIDELBERG, BANYULE, ROSANNA, ELTHAM, WHITTLSEA, SOUTH MORANG, PANTON HILL, BUNDOORA UTD, THOMASTOWN, MILL PARK, BUNDOORA 2'S, RIVERSIDE 2'S. (HURSTBRIDGE UNLUCKY)

That's of course assuming the rumors of Heidelberg and Banyule are true.

Banyule confirmed last night and heidelberg very close to finalizing it as beergarden said. Wont be easy in Money next season if these teams start here.

I would still have 2 x 14 team divisions. 13 round season. 8 two dayers and 5 one dayers. 21 playing dates. Outrights aren't a huge issue for me. (Perhaps everyone gets at least 2 weaker teams in a 2 dayer?) Would also have a top 6 finals series played over 3 weekends like the subbies do. Just an opinion.

Money Shield would end up being MONTMORENCY, GREENSBOROUGH, HEIDELBERG, BANYULE, ROSANNA, ELTHAM, WHITTLSEA, SOUTH MORANG, PANTON HILL, BUNDOORA UTD, THOMASTOWN, MILL PARK, BUNDOORA 2'S, RIVERSIDE 2'S. (HURSTBRIDGE UNLUCKY)

Would you leave that the same whatever the result of the Mill Park appeal/s?

It changed only 3 years ago for Barclay Shield, I can assure you, most Barclay shield players would prefer a fair
and equitable draw. The older players don't like it though.
it's been done. I remember about 9-10 years ago Barclay and Money Shields played 11 two day games with 2 games saturday-Sunday. Again players didn't like playing sat/sun games so it was changed back to all Saturday games.

Would think that Hurstbridge would have to be part of the 2nd grade. Riversides 2's got flogged week after week last season, and Bundoora are reluctant to have a side playing in Money.

You're right, it does work out to 21 playing days.

Doing that formula would also mean that a team that finished 5th in MS (just missing finals) would get relegated. Yes that would be Eltham this year, but thats not the point. You can't have a team that just missed finals get relegated. Thats ridiculous.

Not about being relegated Tongs, my Club would be down with you. It is fairer and easier for 8 team comps to run, and play everyone twice.
If Clubs aren't prepared to play on at least 2 Sunday's every season, 14 team comps are very hard to run. 5 one day games is getting a little too many.

Not about being relegated Tongs, my Club would be down with you. It is fairer and easier for 8 team comps to run, and play everyone twice.
If Clubs aren't prepared to play on at least 2 Sunday's every season, 14 team comps are very hard to run. 5 one day games is getting a little too many.
Maybe 12 in Barclay as is and then 8 in money, then the bottom 4 ranked clubs (Hurstbridge, mill park, Thomo, b/utd) with Rosanna, banyule, hberg and riverside can make a 3rd shield grade.

Maybe 12 in Barclay as is and then 8 in money, then the bottom 4 ranked clubs (Hurstbridge, mill park, Thomo, b/utd) with Rosanna, banyule, hberg and riverside can make a 3rd shield grade.

How about we just vote no to all these new applications - problem solved.

It changed only 3 years ago for Barclay Shield, I can assure you, most Barclay shield players would prefer a fair
Pull your head in. There is no difference between BS and MS players, stop talking like you're an elitist and constantly referring to BS players like they are better than MS.

How is it fair that a side that finished 0.04% out of finals, gets relegated to a 3rd division with sides that won 1 game, and new comers. I couldn't care less that it was my club, that is utter shlte.

Why don't we put all teams in a hat and draw them out at random? Thats fair. As stupid as your suggestion, but fair!

How is it fair that a side that finished 0.04% out of finals, gets relegated to a 3rd division with sides that won 1 game, and new comers. I couldn't care less that it was my club, that is utter shlte.

Why don't we put all teams in a hat and draw them out at random? Thats fair. As stupid as your suggestion, but fair!

There is simply no need for a 3rd Grade if you split Money Shield into 2 (roughly) equal Divisions of 8 teams each. You could either:
have the 2 Premiers play off, or
have a normal top 4 Finals series constituted by the top 2 in each Division, or
simply promote the 2 Divisional Premiers each season and demote 11 and 12 from BS.

Pull your head in. There is no difference between BS and MS players, stop talking like you're an elitist and constantly referring to BS players like they are better than MS.

Barclay Shield = Division 1

1 = Top

Its not like BS players are trying to get to MS?????

Sooner your in Div three the better Tongs

Older players like you Opener2.....

MMmm, so your a Veteran Opener thne....MMmmmmm

How is that elitist? I know that, because I talk to them after my games mate. If I played Money Shield I would probably say the same thing. Get over your inferiority complex, it's sad.

My tip for next season in Money Shield is not 1 original DVCA club will make the top 4 if the structure stays the same.

For this to be true, Greensborough would have to suddenly jump three rungs on the ladder, and the three(?) new teams would all have to remain at full strength and play at their top against new opponents and under new conditions - something which has very rarely happened in season one for other new entrants.
However, since the structure obviously cannot and will not stay the same, we'll never know, will we?
Anyway, why should you care - you did say, did you not, that you would never be lured across to the DVCA?
Sounds to me like a rather desperate last ditch effort to muddy the waters, and to scare the existing clubs out of admitting the new applicants.

Back