Dvca - Money Shield - Season 2011/12

You being cheeky?? Earned by coaching or playing. Any other way not interested. So we are obviously talking the big names who by doin the business on field have made a good earn. You hear alot of rumors about who is on what so it's mainly a guess unless there's someone willing to open their books/inside info? Promise we'll keep it to ourselves

Not questioning skips loyalty. If anything you would have to congratulate eltham for forking out prob near 130 grand over last 15 year's!! Gee when you say it like that it's a bloody good earn. Take him 5-6 years on a cop salary to earn that. But he has earned it on the field.. Just a question to all. Who might have earned the most out of local cricket in last 20 years? Minney, bubis, keays, love, baker, Gibbs??
I'll throw one up. A. Mcginty probably got 90k for 6 years work at Research and Hursty!

Not questioning skips loyalty. If anything you would have to congratulate eltham for forking out prob near 130 grand over last 15 year's!! Gee when you say it like that it's a bloody good earn. Take him 5-6 years on a cop salary to earn that. But he has earned it on the field.. Just a question to all. Who might have earned the most out of local cricket in last 20 years? Minney, bubis, keays, love, baker, Gibbs??

I'm not sure if many would be on more than Dulip Liyanage on a per year basis. Was getting $20K per season at East Ivanhoe.

I heard the Riverside Strangler once got a free pot. But that was only because there was no change in the till.

Of all the players that you brought up 3slips, skips is the only player to not play district or change clubs. It's also common knowledge that he has stayed with Eltham cricket and footy clubs for years. I can tell you now, he is the least money hungry guy I've ever met. He plays purely for the love of the game and club, and money is never a deciding factor. I doubt he'd be in the top 10 paid players.

As for who earnt the most, or what they are on, who cares? If they are good enough to get a few coins to play then good luck to them. I don't begrudge anyone who gets paid, and in most instances, they deserve it. 3slips, unless you're happy to declare what your income is (if you even have a job) then what right do you have in asking others?

We'd have to be the last comp in Melbourne without a fixture. NMCA have there's up on mycricket as do every other decent comp. Any news on the release date?

We'd have to be the last comp in Melbourne without a fixture. NMCA have there's up on mycricket as do every other decent comp. Any news on the release date?

Am also a bit befuddled. Our club has sent 2 emails to DVCA Fixturing representative and Administrator, asking for an expected release date on fixtures, or even an outline on the schedule of 1 and 2 day games being played on what weekends, so that we can lock in and advertise some social functions, and as yet, have not even received a reply informing me of any decision.
Poor start

You just got bowled a full toss tongs and you didn't hit it for 6! Don't be so defensive champ. As you say read my post. Never bagged skips for what he earns and I backed his loyalty. Whether he played district or not is irrelevant and an entirely different discussion. It's just a topic to throw our there and you are right, good on them if they can get some coin thrown their way. by the sound of it, your biggest mistake tongs was not being skips manager, on top of being his personal masseuse, bag carrier and number 1 fan!!

Well, at least we had went a while without jikaone or sannabe talking dribble, must have been no internet available in the village for a few weeks.

Still, it was good of him to take the time to drop in and offer his sympathy - time he can probably ill afford from getting his own club and new super-comp ready for the season.

I can put my house on that we would clobber any of your teams, Banger would keep you down to 50 runs in total!!
At least we are playing 2 'B' grade comps to separate the Good from the bad and we have had the brains to
play 10 'a' grade teams and then revert to the 8 team comp! You talk yourselves up, but at the end of the day your strong clubs are all x Jika clubs and the rest is country cricket!!! So please give it a break , your not that good.
WHY DON'T YOU JUST PLAY 20 IN 'A' grade? Sanna's, bergers and Banyule just as good as your top four. "OH Sorry, they have to prove themselves like Camrea did" and don't start on Camrea, they have lost a shit load of players, when they were at full strength they dominated!

Not Minney (loyal), Keays (wasn't about the money for terry, could have earnt twice or three times as much elsewhere), dont think Lovey, dont know baker so wont comment. reckon gibbsy would be up there, how many years at $10k plus, I reckon he's been worth it? Bubis wouldnt have played too many years in the valley on less than $5k, he'd be my front runner. Would also think the opitomy of loyalty Graeme Pavey would be up there.

If he was about money then he sure didnt capitalise on his talent. As I said earlier, he could have easily earnt 3 times as much, he was clearly the best bowler and allrounder in the Valley for a long time.

I agree on both sides of the coin (pardon the pun). I'm sure that he took up 70% or more of some clubs spending money, and would be huge money. But fact is, he was worth it and I'm guessing could have got more. $10k to one club is an absolute fortune and clubs would fold, but to others, it's payable. Its all relevant depending on your bank balance and incoming money. A bloke of his ability compared to others, and the money they are on, could be worth well over $15k. I just doubt people could pay that.

I agree on both sides of the coin (pardon the pun). I'm sure that he took up 70% or more of some clubs spending money, and would be huge money. But fact is, he was worth it and I'm guessing could have got more. $10k to one club is an absolute fortune and clubs would fold, but to others, it's payable. Its all relevant depending on your bank balance and incoming money. A bloke of his ability compared to others, and the money they are on, could be worth well over $15k. I just doubt people could pay that.

I'll just make this final point and bow out of this discussion. I'm not going to disclose what players and clubs negotiate in good faith, but what I would say is you would be incredibly surprised what some people are happy to play for given all of the other things a club can offer. Dont underestimate a good enviroment, I reckon PA could confirm the same thing at Plenty.

I'll just make this final point and bow out of this discussion. I'm not going to disclose what players and clubs negotiate in good faith, but what I would say is you would be incredibly surprised what some people are happy to play for given all of the other things a club can offer. Dont underestimate a good enviroment, I reckon PA could confirm the same thing at Plenty.
I wholeheartedly agree, I didn't mean for it to sound as though I was saying he was in big coin. As you've made mention to with Skips. Loyalty, great club, environment, culture etc far out weigh any financial gain.

Back