Dvca - Money Shield - Season 2011/12

just on that five80, what has happened to our 'rumour' website? or were there too many dheads that it got shut down! Anyway ill still post my thoughts on here. I hear the serious quick that bundoora had a couple of years ago (the sri lankan - name escapes me) has gone to TU. Apparently no imports allowed at bundoora!!! From memory he was handy but it wont save TU from finishing in bottom 2

His name is Dinesh aka TAKA ( Kande Premukumara on MyCricket ) and if the boys from TU hold their catches he will take a truckload of wickets!! He has played 3 season with us over 5 years and been one of the better bowlers in the comp, including winning the comp average. I would argue he is much better than handy!

From my point of view it is sorry to see him go, however, as a club we have decided not to go down "the Import path" THIS season . We've had a commitment early from some of our "fringe" players who have been craving opportunities and we would like to give these players a chance to become good "A" grade players for this season and beyond.......

I can't speak highly enough of TAKA and it was extremely difficult telling a mate that he was not required. I'm a huge fan of clubs being able to fill a void via imports if required and i have no doubt we will have an import again in the future, when deemed neccesary by our committee.

Good luck to all in 12/13.

His name is Dinesh aka TAKA ( Kande Premukumara on MyCricket ) and if the boys from TU hold their catches he will take a truckload of wickets!! He has played 3 season with us over 5 years and been one of the better bowlers in the comp, including winning the comp average. I would argue he is much better than handy!

From my point of view it is sorry to see him go, however, as a club we have decided not to go down "the Import path" THIS season . We've had a commitment early from some of our "fringe" players who have been craving opportunities and we would like to give these players a chance to become good "A" grade players for this season and beyond.......

I can't speak highly enough of TAKA and it was extremely difficult telling a mate that he was not required. I'm a huge fan of clubs being able to fill a void via imports if required and i have no doubt we will have an import again in the future, when deemed neccesary by our committee.

Good luck to all in 12/13.

So you have ditched a member/player of your club because some of your "fringe" players have said they want to play ones? Why wouldn't your coach/committee/members/players just tell them to improve their games and earn their spots?

I have made my thoughts clear on imports (I don't agree with them) but he has been a good servant to you club for a couple of years and to basically sack him seems like a strange decision.....

Could it be that Bundoora are not in a financial position to pay what he requires?

So you have ditched a member/player of your club because some of your "fringe" players have said they want to play ones? Why wouldn't your coach/committee/members/players just tell them to improve their games and earn their spots?

I have made my thoughts clear on imports (I don't agree with them) but he has been a good servant to you club for a couple of years and to basically sack him seems like a strange decision.....

Could it be that Bundoora are not in a financial position to pay what he requires?

I'll send you an invoice to become a paid up member of our club, then i'll quite happily fill you in......

And you hit the nail on the head, we're cast:rolleyes:

ps - he wasn't sacked, just didn't have is contract renewed;)

I'll send you an invoice to become a paid up member of our club, then i'll quite happily fill you in......

And you hit the nail on the head, we're cast:rolleyes:

ps - he wasn't sacked, just didn't have is contract renewed;)

So you're saying there is more to the story??? Or the above is true? He was sacked because your twos players felt it wasn't fair that someone better than them is playing in the grade above them?

Or is it that a certain B grade bowler is going to stop being a big fish in a little pond, and start playing in the grade he should be?

So you're saying there is more to the story??? Or the above is true? He was sacked because your twos players felt it wasn't fair that someone better than them is playing in the grade above them?

Or is it that a certain B grade bowler is going to stop being a big fish in a little pond, and start playing in the grade he should be?

Am i replying to Dave Quinlan or Mark Robinson from the Herald sun?

My final reply

It's pretty simple:

Dinesh is playing at Thomastown because i told him that we didn't require him this year. There are no juicy stories, just a case of our club, myself in particular, thinking that we were more than capable as a club to cope without an Import for season 12/13. Dinesh was very good for Bundoora and we were very good to Dinesh. End of Story.

Rossco will play where he is picked, as he has done every other saturday in his senior cricket career. He is certainly no walk up start, but has done everything right at pre-season so would imagine he'll get a crack at some stage.

Any other questions you have, rather you give me a buzz. You know where to find my number.

Brad

What is happening at Lower Plenty?
1. Preisdent overthrown
2. Coach (who won the bolwing ave last year) gone
3. Scott Barnett gone to Creek
4. Zerafe out till Christmas
5. Pottar not happy
6. Smith unlikely to play.

Are they headed down the ladder?

I'm tipping Stuie Biddle's glad he gave it away a few years ago. Taka almost put him in an early grave one day.

I'd be careful if I were you Tongs....:)

I'm tipping Stuie Biddle's glad he gave it away a few years ago. Taka almost put him in an early grave one day.

I'd be careful if I were you Tongs....:)

I remember that day. Was pretty scary when he got him in the head. Probably the first ever DVCA bowler to get a bouncer up that high.

I'm not worried at all, I can't see him being shafted by two clubs in one year and he ends up playing 2s. :D

I remember that day. Was pretty scary when he got him in the head. Probably the first ever DVCA bowler to get a bouncer up that high.

I'm not worried at all, I can't see him being shafted by two clubs in one year and he ends up playing 2s. :D

First and only time i've ever though someone may be dead on a cricket field, and i'm not being over dramatic. The noise was sickening. It wasn't that high in the end, he ducked into it. Think Taka appealed for LBW:D

i remember talking to Stu at the te break, he made me promise that we would not send you back in for outright or he was going to come out and bat again after retiring hurt!!! Wont find many better blokes or club people than the big fella.......

First and only time i've ever though someone may be dead on a cricket field, and i'm not being over dramatic. The noise was sickening. It wasn't that high in the end, he ducked into it. Think Taka appealed for LBW:D

i remember talking to Stu at the te break, he made me promise that we would not send you back in for outright or he was going to come out and bat again after retiring hurt!!! Wont find many better blokes or club people than the big fella.......

Good Memory, he did appeal for LBW. Wouldn't be the first import to be the only person to appeal what was clearly not even close. It was sickening. Seeing anyone get hit in the head is not a nice feeling.

Tough as nails Stu, and you're right. You won't hear a bad word about him from anyone in the Valley except for a few bunnies that he had over the years. He's probably second to none for what he has done and the amount he has put in for our club.

Takes a while for country folk to get things done! Is Money staying as a 100 team comp,
or is common sense going to prevail and split the thing??

Have your mates who are doing the fixture worked out how to open an XL document yet?

You know what I think? I think those blokes are deliberately delaying the fixture because they know it annoys you. I also think that anyone who believes multi-grade cricket fixtures are still created with XL (and a pencil and eraser?) is a troglodyte.

Ok, to stop all the rubbish being spoken about fixtures. I made a simple phone call like most could have and I am lead to believe that the fixtures will be out by the end of the weekend. Late or not late, who cares. Look out for them.

Ok, to stop all the rubbish being spoken about fixtures. I made a simple phone call like most could have and I am lead to believe that the fixtures will be out by the end of the weekend. Late or not late, who cares. Look out for them.

Great news.

That's what they said last week!

I'm with jikaone. I'm sick of this crap country comp. I'm going to go and play for Strathewen in the NMCA.

Tongs, I am a supporter of the Administration, but simple phone calls or emails have not been returned for weeks, add on to that the mass confusion with the Under 10's and modified comps being played on a Wednesday night, and they have stuffed this up pretty big.
I am sure there will be no grace given to clubs that do not complete certain tasks on time and are issued with fines during the season. We for one, will not be paying any.
Here's hoping that they will be out this weekend.

Back