Dvca, Nmca And Hdca To Merge

Which Association Clubs will benefit the most from this merger

• Total voters
what do you do to the cow??? It was the best thing for cricket, but the dvca clubs shut it down!! arrrogance personified!!
"We just want to play local cricket", god forbid we might do something good for the game or be challened in any way!!
We'll just have a cold beer after the game and tell each other how good we were!! I really think you need to get your head out of the cows Ar....!!! All your board wanted it, doesn't tell you something?? the dvca clubs have put everything back 5 years! Trust me it will happen with or without the cow! speakink of beer, I will give you an example, see if you can follow, it will only be one example then multiply it by everthing we use for cricket. we go to the local and say we will buy 1000 slabs min, how much? $25? , you still following?? caculate that forward and see what your club makes!! you can do the maths can't you?? you might say who cares but your commitee will be counting and saying "what the, we might be 10/20k ahead by the end of the season! got it? I didn't think so!!!

Mate, seriously... If you can get a slab of VB for $25, no matter how many 1000's you buy, then we will all place orders now...

If your comp is going so well then why do they try to merge with everyone else??
Have tried and failed to merge with heidelberg, now failed in the NCA. Have you considered why? Because no one wants to be associated with the rabble that you are.
Get your head out of your own arse and piss off back to the Jika or northern association you love so much.

Mate, seriously... If you can get a slab of VB for $25, no matter how many 1000's you buy, then we will all place orders now...

If your comp is going so well then why do they try to merge with everyone else??
Have tried and failed to merge with heidelberg, now failed in the NCA. Have you considered why? Because no one wants to be associated with the rabble that you are.
Get your head out of your own arse and piss off back to the Jika or northern association you love so much.

never read so much dribble in all my life, who cares what comp they are from.

can some of you know alls, tell me....what is really happening with the merger?? has the DVCA withdrawn totally??

will the junior merger for this season go ahead??? will the NCL go ahead without the DVCA??

or am I in the wrong forum?? should this be the DVCA upmyself forum??

ps i'm from the DVCA!!

can some of you know alls, tell me....what is really happening with the merger?? has the DVCA withdrawn totally??

will the junior merger for this season go ahead??? will the NCL go ahead without the DVCA??

ps i'm from the DVCA!!

Harry, if you care to go back thru some of my earlier posts, i was not totally against the merger idea. However it was an absolute shambles the way it was presented to the senior clubs and it never stood a chance.
However, speaking from experience of playing in both the Jika and dvca comps, I am pretty happy it stayed the same.

As far as our club knows, the merger is dead and buried from a DVCA point of view.

However, as Maxwell said, they must attend 5 compulsory meetings with the other 2 associations and CricVic every year. No doubt this merger will get raised again. Hopefully if they do decide to re-present the options, that they learn the lessons from this years debacle.

As for DVCA being up ourselves, I dont think so. but is some upstart from another comp wants to come into our forum and start shit stirring, then we will defend it.

what do you do to the cow??? It was the best thing for cricket, but the dvca clubs shut it down!! arrrogance personified!!
"We just want to play local cricket", god forbid we might do something good for the game or be challened in any way!!
We'll just have a cold beer after the game and tell each other how good we were!! I really think you need to get your head out of the cows Ar....!!! All your board wanted it, doesn't tell you something?? the dvca clubs have put everything back 5 years! Trust me it will happen with or without the cow! speakink of beer, I will give you an example, see if you can follow, it will only be one example then multiply it by everthing we use for cricket. we go to the local and say we will buy 1000 slabs min, how much? $25? , you still following?? caculate that forward and see what your club makes!! you can do the maths can't you?? you might say who cares but your commitee will be counting and saying "what the, we might be 10/20k ahead by the end of the season! got it? I didn't think so!!!

Oh my, you got me mate, I am now got. Well written argument, I am calling all clubs that voted and passing on this well constructed retort. If I was you, you should contact all Jika clubs and tell them we are coming, how could we not now. seriously were you on the steering committee? If you came to the DVCA clubs earlier with this I am sure we would have come over earlier.

Wow!

ps i'm from the DVCA!!
If you are seeking information on the NCL I suggest you contact the NCL Website, not sure you will get a reply though. If you too would like to be a "Know-all" feel free to attend the DVCA AGM on the 3rd of August. Everyone is welcome. Also if you go to the DVCA Website by clicking on www.dvca.cricketvictoria.com.au you will see the following statement posted below...

On Wednesday 6 July at the pre-AGM, DVCA clubs
voted to immediately withdraw all representation
from NCL committees and negotiations

If you are unhappy about this decision then I suggest you contact your Club's President who was more than likely one of the 21 Clubs that voted against the NCL Merge.
As for being "up ourselves" I suggest that is probably a small price to pay for a united, strong and healthy Cricket Association.

ps i'm from the DVCA!!

We're not up ourselves. It's just that as a general rule, I only cross Plenty Rd to go to the airport. :D

If you are seeking information on the NCL I suggest you contact the NCL Website, not sure you will get a reply though. If you too would like to be a "Know-all" feel free to attend the DVCA AGM on the 3rd of August. Everyone is welcome. Also if you go to the DVCA Website by clicking on www.dvca.cricketvictoria.com.au you will see the following statement posted below...

If you are unhappy about this decision then I suggest you contact your Club's President who was more than likely one of the 21 Clubs that voted against the NCL Merge.
As for being "up ourselves" I suggest that is probably a small price to pay for a united, strong and healthy Cricket Association.

Who said I was unhappy, I simply made a comment about you 'knowalls' or for a better term 'w@nkers' who get on here as if you own the DVCA. Who cares where people are from? let them have their say or go and create your own closed group so you can all stroke your egos.

Are you so sure the comp is united?

voted to immediately withdraw all representation

As per VMCU website

What would have resulted in Melbourne's largest Metropolitan Cricket Association now appears to be 'scuttled'. At its Pre-Annual Meeting last week Diamond Valley CA Clubs formally put the 'kybosh' on their involvement with merger plans that until then had been entertained by their Administration with those of Northern Metropolitan and Heidelberg District CAs.
North Metro General Manager Bill Anderson stated in his Annual Report "At this point it would seem that the concept of the NCL (Northern Cricket League) which included a number of quality and visionary ideas is unlikely to proceed. ..... As is their prerogative, the NCL concept was rejected by a majority of DVCA Clubs and clearly the NMCA needs to focus on improving our competition, using our own resources and initiatives, and within our own framework of Clubs."
The VMCU's Regional Director (Nth/Nth-E) Jeff Shelton said there had been some dissent when the NCL Steering Committee presented its findings last month (June '11) to the 59 effected Clubs across 3 Associations, then on Wednesday 22nd all Clubs from the DVCA meet, without a presence from their Association's Executive, and rejected any further involvement with discussions regarding the NCL. This resulted in a letter signed by 18 of the DVCA's 25 Clubs being tabled at their 6 July Pre-Annual Meeting where the decision was formalized.

So has anyone worked out how this merger would have benefited the diamond valley supposedly? I'm not trying to sound like an "arrogant dvca player" but if it was only to help these other leagues from going under why should we have anything to do with it? (just to all those JIKA and HDCA players that feel the need to bad mouth the DVCA's decision

So has anyone worked out how this merger would have benefited the diamond valley supposedly? I'm not trying to sound like an "arrogant dvca player" but if it was only to help these other leagues from going under why should we have anything to do with it? (just to all those JIKA and HDCA players that feel the need to bad mouth the DVCA's decision

It's been said since day one that the DVCA was the only competition of the 3 that would not benefit at all from the merger.

The other two competitons are completely against this merger unless they get the DVCA to come along for the ride - If you read between the lines, they're basically saying the NCL will be a nothing comp without us.

When you think about it, the common sense approach would be for the two lesser comps to merge and try and take the DVCA head on. Then in 5 - 10 years time re-address the prosepct of a merged NCL comp.

why would a nmca club drive from reservoir to heidelberg ect ect for a game of local cricket??
I'd hang them up straight away!! whats the point when most people want to play locally??
Do we also have to follow the trash that left the comp???How many clubs would fold??
That would be great for cricket!! If DVCA didn't want to do, what does that tell you?
It will not work!

Gold Jerry, Gold!!!

Was an absolute farce. The DVCA currently does not have a President.
How can a room full of 'determined' minds decide to oust a President and then not have the balls to run for the position. Where was the big men who declared that the comp would be better off without these blokes if they were not prepared to stand up and put their names on the line??
The 'power' clubs are only interested in making themselves stronger, not the betterment of the competition as a whole.

These guys are kidding themselves!!!

Gold Jerry, Gold!!!

Was an absolute farce. The DVCA currently does not have a President.
How can a room full of 'determined' minds decide to oust a President and then not have the balls to run for the position. Where was the big men who declared that the comp would be better off without these blokes if they were not prepared to stand up and put their names on the line??
The 'power' clubs are only interested in making themselves stronger, not the betterment of the competition as a whole.

These guys are kidding themselves!!!
Move on J1, all people around know that both the Jika and North Metro were waiting for the DVCA to come across for the merger to happen.....without the DVCA you have nothing....and more clubs will fold in years to come, or they will come across to OUR strong comp.

Your srong comp!!!!!! You haven't got a President!!!
Your comp has made it clear that you don't want us so why do you think your comp would take as now???
I tell you what should happen, Cricket Victoria, who have no balls!! should put a sanction on your whole comp!!
example: no grants to any of your clubs!!! Get the drift??? Billy boy has friends a lot of unhappy people over the
NCL not happening!! Lets see what goes on over the next few years!!!!! VMCU not happy!! Lets see who you will
play in Rep games, still with me?? DEVELOPEMET OF CRICKET!!!Get it????

Your comp has made it clear that you don't want us so why do you think your comp would take as now???
I tell you what should happen, Cricket Victoria, who have no balls!! should put a sanction on your whole comp!!
example: no grants to any of your clubs!!! Get the drift??? Billy boy has friends a lot of unhappy people over the
NCL not happening!! Lets see what goes on over the next few years!!!!! VMCU not happy!! Lets see who you will

As an onlooker from outside the merger situation, I can only say, that from the content you have delivered on this matter to date, it is not surprising that the DVCA withdrew from the merger, if your commentary is the standard on perspective and consideration coming from the NCA. You seem to take pleasure in rubbing the DVCA nose in the ground over the situation. Grow up, stop being so vindictive, and get a more sophisticated outlook on things. Your focus should be cricket as should everyone else's. Maybe if the bloody mindedness and personal attacks didn't exist, then some eventual good will and real progress could begin to be made in the direction that needs to be taken in the long term. Whatever that may be in everyone's best interest.

It is poignant that the NCA have been involved in two different merger attempts in recent years, with both failing to succeed. Instead of going on the attack and ridiculing the other party in such failures, shouldn't this trigger the questions of the NCA collective to ask..................

a) What may have been our part in those failures?
and
b) What can we do to to elevate our perceived AND real value to such mergers.

Answer and action those questions honestly and the eventual outcome may be more likely what you seek.

Seriously mate, what do you achieve by getting on here as an annoymous poster who hides behind his keyboard taking pot shots at a competition you don't even play in?

Even without a president the DVCA is a far superior competition to any other in our region. The history of clubs wanting to leave their own respective comps to join ours is all the proof you need.

I would suggest the fact no one nominated themselves at the AGM would have a lot to do with the room being full of club presidents and delegates who would already have their plates full. Also, a lack of advertising specific to the roles being vacated would have been a major factor. It's a bit hard to decipher an ad on a website that says "like every year, we throw all positions open, please think about nominating" rather than "please note: The DVCA president is stepping down this season, we need your help". Had this been taken care of and doen properly, I highly doubt we'd be in this situation.

Having said all this - The president's seat will not be left vacant for long. there will be a due process for the executive to go through, nominations will come from individuals not already swamped with club duties and we'll get the right person for the job.

As an onlooker from outside the merger situation, I can only say, that from the content you have delivered on this matter to date, it is not surprising that the DVCA withdrew from the merger, if your commentary is the standard on perspective and consideration coming from the NCA. You seem to take pleasure in rubbing the DVCA nose in the ground over the situation. Grow up, stop being so vindictive, and get a more sophisticated outlook on things. Your focus should be cricket as should everyone else's. Maybe if the bloody mindedness and personal attacks didn't exist, then some eventual good will and real progress could begin to be made in the direction that needs to be taken in the long term. Whatever that may be in everyone's best interest.

It is poignant that the NCA have been involved in two different merger attempts in recent years, with both failing to succeed. Instead of going on the attack and ridiculing the other party in such failures, shouldn't this trigger the questions of the NCA collective to ask..................

a) What may have been our part in those failures?
and
b) What can we do to to elevate our perceived AND real value to such mergers.

Answer and action those questions honestly and the eventual outcome may be more likely what you seek.

Correction - NMCA not NCA

You blokes have got to be kidding????? What the F,,,,,,,k do you think I,m talking about!!
Your Clubs put a big black line through something that the whole state if not country would be looking too!!
Do you seriously think that you have had no effect in where cricket will be in the region 5-10 years down the
track! Of course we are a struggling comp, if you had the foresight you would of seen clubs having
to tow the line quicker!! mergers ect,ect. If you cannot see what I'm saying or basically care you are so off the mark
it's not funny!! maybe we are better off dying then merging! What you have done is not right for cricket! Ask Maxwell
or Ryder!!! they knew what was right! Everybody go back thru the post and seriously tell me that the way everyone has conducted themsleves(including me) is not a disgarce!! "We don't want you, get your house in order and we will take you"
Enough is enough, stop living in this ridiculous space called the DVCA! You could of been the ones that stood up an said,
"we'll make a difference, we will cut the whole thing up and put it together properly". You had your chance and your top people have walked!! So now I could'nt give a rasts toss bag what anybody thinks anymore! you want to know why?? because it's not about the game or its future it's about "how do I make my club the best FF...kkk the rest! So everyone go have a good hard look in the mirror! In short the highest paying clubs will be the only ones left standing!! hopefully I won't be around to see that!!

Back