Dvca, Nmca And Hdca To Merge

Which Association Clubs will benefit the most from this merger

• Total voters
You blokes have got to be kidding????? What the F,,,,,,,k do you think I,m talking about!!
Your Clubs put a big black line through something that the whole state if not country would be looking too!!
Do you seriously think that you have had no effect in where cricket will be in the region 5-10 years down the
track! Of course we are a struggling comp, if you had the foresight you would of seen clubs having
to tow the line quicker!! mergers ect,ect. If you cannot see what I'm saying or basically care you are so off the mark
it's not funny!! maybe we are better off dying then merging! What you have done is not right for cricket! Ask Maxwell
or Ryder!!! they knew what was right! Everybody go back thru the post and seriously tell me that the way everyone has conducted themsleves(including me) is not a disgarce!! "We don't want you, get your house in order and we will take you"
Enough is enough, stop living in this ridiculous space called the DVCA! You could of been the ones that stood up an said,
"we'll make a difference, we will cut the whole thing up and put it together properly". You had your chance and your top people have walked!! So now I could'nt give a rasts toss bag what anybody thinks anymore! you want to know why?? because it's not about the game or its future it's about "how do I make my club the best FF...kkk the rest! So everyone go have a good hard look in the mirror! In short the highest paying clubs will be the only ones left standing!! hopefully I won't be around to see that!!

two seconds ago your competition were begging for the diamond valley to join. i do hope your league goes under, then you'll learn why we didnt want anything to do with you

Ventured down to watch a Barclay game on the weekend, first time the wife has let me off the lead this season. I was suprised to find out that the DVCA still doesnt have a president. Last time I looked I thought there were dozens of well credentialed experts lining up for the gig, where did they all go?

Ventured down to watch a Barclay game on the weekend, first time the wife has let me off the lead this season. I was suprised to find out that the DVCA still doesnt have a president. Last time I looked I thought there were dozens of well credentialed experts lining up for the gig, where did they all go?
Hey Bull, they seem to have all gone back into their own little protected world and the sanctity and safety of their own 4 walls, or in Riversides case - 16 walls (wow that joint is huge).

The struggles that the DVCA continue to have today
  • no junior fixtures out and already round 4
  • all future meeting dates removed from the DVCA website
  • forfeits week in / week out, with less and less players committing to all levels
  • less and less teams than in previous years
are all due to the limited forsight that these 'powers' had in looking to the future and recognising that we the DVCA and clubs are struggling for numbers, sponsors, dollars.

Hopefully these 'powers' will put their collective hands up at years end and "give us something"

Hey Bull, they seem to have all gone back into their own little protected world and the sanctity and safety of their own 4 walls, or in Riversides case - 16 walls (wow that joint is huge).

• forfeits week in / week out, with less and less players committing to all levels
are all due to the limited forsight that these 'powers' had in looking to the future and recognising that we the DVCA and clubs are struggling for numbers, sponsors, dollars.

Hopefully these 'powers' will put their collective hands up at years end and "give us something"

Those who wanted the exec 'ousted' in order the get their way, now have no one to oust next year if this merger rears its ugly head again.

They are whingers who react and will never be pro-active, cant see any of them running for president of the comp.

This merger will be discussed for 5 more years until it eventually just happens, with declining numbers in seniors/juniors and umpires across the state, its a matter of when not if.

and the poor bloke who puts his hand up for president of the DVCA will be ridiculed forever, thats what the whingers want...someone to blame.

If you are looking to blame anyone for leaving the DVCA in the lurch this season I suggest you look closer to Plenty Road. Next you will be saying the The Pakistan Match Fixing Issue has occured because the vast majority of clubs voting against the NCL Takeover. With the DVCA President & Junior Administrator taking their bat & ball and heading home at such late notice, surely you can appreciate the DVCA executive would struggle to replace them in such short time, especially with people already committing to their own clubs Committees and roles. Dont blame the Riverside Cricket Club or any others for having the balls to say what every club (bar one) was thinking at the time. Last I looked we lived in a democratic society where issues can be voted on and the majority vote determines the path forward. I am sure the DVCA Executive will be stronger come season 2012/13.
IF the NCL proposal was such a good product, dont you think the 20 DVCA Clubs that voted against it would have voted for it???
The reality is that the DVCA Clubs were treated like fools and the response from the clubs was an overwhelming reflection of their disatisfaction.
And I think the current DVCA executive are doing a fantastic job with the resources they currently have.

If you are looking to blame anyone for leaving the DVCA in the lurch this season I suggest you look closer to Plenty Road. Next you will be saying the The Pakistan Match Fixing Issue has occured because the vast majority of clubs voting against the NCL Takeover. With the DVCA President & Junior Administrator taking their bat & ball and heading home at such late notice, surely you can appreciate the DVCA executive would struggle to replace them in such short time, especially with people already committing to their own clubs Committees and roles. Dont blame the Riverside Cricket Club or any others for having the balls to say what every club (bar one) was thinking at the time. Last I looked we lived in a democratic society where issues can be voted on and the majority vote determines the path forward. I am sure the DVCA Executive will be stronger come season 2012/13.
IF the NCL proposal was such a good product, dont you think the 20 DVCA Clubs that voted against it would have voted for it???
The reality is that the DVCA Clubs were treated like fools and the response from the clubs was an overwhelming reflection of their disatisfaction.
And I think the current DVCA executive are doing a fantastic job with the resources they currently have.

Taking their bat & ball and heading home??!! They were chased out of town by an angry mob.

The current exec is doing a great job, and I have not said otherwise.

What I will say is that the 'powers' put an action in motion with the Clubs meeting, and then decided to run with it. If they had thought it through, surely a better action would have been to allow the Exec to stay in their positions, and seek further clarification from them on any move to a NCL. NOTHING would have happened without the vote of the Clubs anyway and we could have had another year to monitor the progress of the Junior pilot program and then make an 'informed' decision.

Not asking questions and simply pulling the trigger was naive.

If you are looking to blame anyone for leaving the DVCA in the lurch this season I suggest you look closer to Plenty Road

Who are you trying to blame with this comment?????????????????

And I think the current DVCA executive are doing a fantastic job with the resources they currently have
I agree, but i'd suggest these resources will become thinner and thinner the longer we go

for the record, i'm against it too, but is most likely inevitable

Taking their bat & ball and heading home??!! They were chased out of town by an angry mob.

The current exec is doing a great job, and I have not said otherwise.

What I will say is that the 'powers' put an action in motion with the Clubs meeting, and then decided to run with it. If they had thought it through, surely a better action would have been to allow the Exec to stay in their positions, and seek further clarification from them on any move to a NCL. NOTHING would have happened without the vote of the Clubs anyway and we could have had another year to monitor the progress of the Junior pilot program and then make an 'informed' decision.

Not asking questions and simply pulling the trigger was naive.

The "Powers" as you call them, had to put something in motion because this was not being voted on by the clubs and nor did the DVCA have any intention on doing so. I was at the NCL meeting and it was quite clear that the NCL was going ahead and clubs were either onboard or they could please themselves. This was infact clearly stated.

And to say "NOTHING would have happened without the vote of the Clubs anyway and we could have had another year to monitor the progress of the Junior pilot program and then make an 'informed' decision." is nieve. Yeah, lets vote on something after they have already implemented it at Junior level. Like that is ever going to be reversed.

The NCL was poorly presented and handled terribly with a lack of transperency. Perhaps if it ever does rear its ugly head again it will be in conjunction with the DVCA Clubs and voted by the clubs upfront. I do not recall the DVCA executive ever having a meeting to vote on whether the DVCA wanted the NCL. I know a sub comittee was formed to investigate the NCL but they were never given the opportunity to present their findings to the DVCA or Clubs. Instead all clubs get invited to an NCL meeting from the NCL representatives (which had 3 DVCA executives on it) telling us how the NCL was going to fix the state of cricket in the world. Please....where were the other DVCA executives? Ahhh, thats right they were not invited!

Blind freddy could see that the DVCA was the dangling Carrot for the NMCA & HDCA to finally agree to merge. This was all about getting 2 failing competitions (NMCA & HDCA) to merge which had been tried before a number of times with no success. The DVCA was simply a Pawn in all this.

Over 80% of clubs voted against the proposal. End of story...lets move on.

Wow, looks like I've re-opened the can of worms.

Looks like a few people still very sensetive, maybe even defensive of their actions. The bottom line is hysteria gripped a few club execs, clearly! In the end it would have had to go to a vote. Hopefully some of these well intentioned, well qualified people will put their hands up for 2012/12.

I think it boils down to the NCL's inability to sell itself. Yes, most clubs are finding it more and more difficult to attract and retain players, many clubs may be finding it harder to attract sponsorship dollars. But ultimately from a club perspective, obviously the overwhelming majority didn't feel that creating the NCL would address this. If the people from the NCL's steering committee (and I wasn't there so I'm not privy to what the presentation was like), were unable to show how this merger would address these issues then why on earth would clubs want to buy in.

It's the devil you know verse the one you don't. Clubs know the current operating environments, the challenges they face at the moment, and prudent committees would be planning accordingly. A merger would change the goalposts, many people enjoy playing in the dvca against other local clubs, who's to say that having a larger league will attract players? or perhaps it will put players off?

Why would it make any difference to the number of players attracted and the number of teams? Yes merging three comps will increase the number of sides and grades... but its very much a superficial increase, your not increasing the number of players in the area, your just counting three old comps as one. If clubs can't get their shit together now (in the DVCA, NMCA and HDCA), they won't just because they're playing under a different banner, every comp in Australia is struggling with dwindling numbers mergers aren't a silver bullet. If clubs are trying to address this then they need to look at other successful clubs, see what they are doing well and try to emulate it. Obviously different clubs are in different areas, and areas like South Morang or Diamond Creek for instance may have more access to young children. That doesn't mean clubs in 'older' or less populated areas can't do better.

Local sponsors at a club like whittlesea or panton hill aren't going to be throwing more money at clubs because they're playing against a side in edinburgh or darebin where's the value?

I think the NCL needs to be able to outline exactly how it will address the problems highlighted by so many people on here, and why it is a good outcome for DVCA clubs before they can expect clubs to take a leap of faith.

With
I think it boils down to the NCL's inability to sell itself. Yes, most clubs are finding it more and more difficult to attract and retain players, many clubs may be finding it harder to attract sponsorship dollars. But ultimately from a club perspective, obviously the overwhelming majority didn't feel that creating the NCL would address this. If the people from the NCL's steering committee (and I wasn't there so I'm not privy to what the presentation was like), were unable to show how this merger would address these issues then why on earth would clubs want to buy in.

It's the devil you know verse the one you don't. Clubs know the current operating environments, the challenges they face at the moment, and prudent committees would be planning accordingly. A merger would change the goalposts, many people enjoy playing in the dvca against other local clubs, who's to say that having a larger league will attract players? or perhaps it will put players off?

Why would it make any difference to the number of players attracted and the number of teams? Yes merging three comps will increase the number of sides and grades... but its very much a superficial increase, your not increasing the number of players in the area, your just counting three old comps as one. If clubs can't get their shit together now (in the DVCA, NMCA and HDCA), they won't just because they're playing under a different banner, every comp in Australia is struggling with dwindling numbers mergers aren't a silver bullet. If clubs are trying to address this then they need to look at other successful clubs, see what they are doing well and try to emulate it. Obviously different clubs are in different areas, and areas like South Morang or Diamond Creek for instance may have more access to young children. That doesn't mean clubs in 'older' or less populated areas can't do better.

Local sponsors at a club like whittlesea or panton hill aren't going to be throwing more money at clubs because they're playing against a side in edinburgh or darebin where's the value?

I think the NCL needs to be able to outline exactly how it will address the problems highlighted by so many people on here, and why it is a good outcome for DVCA clubs before they can expect clubs to take a leap of faith.

With respect shortnwide, my comments really have nothing to do with the proposal, it is the hysterical attitude from DVCA club execs and snr people that I found disappointing. The carry on from people who are genuinely knowledgeable about the competition and some that are clearly astute people is massively disappointing. Why would the DVCA executive, largely volunteer based, put up with the personal abuse from people, some of which have achieved / contributed little and some from people who should have known better. A number of BC contributors and non BC contributors should have a good hard look at themselves.

With

With respect shortnwide, my comments really have nothing to do with the proposal, it is the hysterical attitude from DVCA club execs and snr people that I found disappointing. The carry on from people who are genuinely knowledgeable about the competition and some that are clearly astute people is massively disappointing. Why would the DVCA executive, largely volunteer based, put up with the personal abuse from people, some of which have achieved / contributed little and some from people who should have known better. A number of BC contributors and non BC contributors should have a good hard look at themselves.

Fair point, my comments were merely picking up on the point that the issues that wandering unity were highlighting are ones that aren't necessarily going to be fixed via a merger.

I agree with your point about some of the vitriol that was posted on this website, this website is an opportunity to move this competition forward as it allows anyone involved to have a say, but by the same token, with the benefit of anonymity some people will overstep lines with what they say. It's just proof of how much easier it can be to criticise, than be constructive. I think the immediate issue for the DVCA is getting it's shit together. That being said, given the circumstances the competition appears, from a players vantage point to be running well.

If the NCL issue is to be re raised in the future I think that the steering executive should take more time to draft the proposal. It all seemed very rushed last time around. A competition like that is to big to be ironing out all the details as we go along.

Weak as pi$$ comment for you to even suggest it's Tools fault for the current climate - ie: no president. Surely you can mount a argument defending your position ( not that i think you need to defend anything ) without going down that track.

Would have thought he was entilted to call it quits when he liked, after all he was a volunteer:confused:

Fair point, my comments were merely picking up on the point that the issues that wandering unity were highlighting are ones that aren't necessarily going to be fixed via a merger.

I agree with your point about some of the vitriol that was posted on this website, this website is an opportunity to move this competition forward as it allows anyone involved to have a say, but by the same token, with the benefit of anonymity some people will overstep lines with what they say. It's just proof of how much easier it can be to criticise, than be constructive. I think the immediate issue for the DVCA is getting it's shit together. That being said, given the circumstances the competition appears, from a players vantage point to be running well.

If the NCL issue is to be re raised in the future I think that the steering executive should take more time to draft the proposal. It all seemed very rushed last time around. A competition like that is to big to be ironing out all the details as we go along.

I agree that the comp is running smoothly at face value, i think we are very fortunate to have hard working people on our executive, both junior and senior. I regard our biggest problem is finding an avenue to make joining the executve an enticing proposition. At the moment we have an administrator who publicly offered his resignation unless he had the full support of all clubs which thankfully he got, doing both junior and senior admin jobs. What do we do if he gives it away at the end of this season?

The junior exec is running at minimum strength while the senior exec still has vacant positions. While i agree with Centre to Leg that most people would be already tied up with their own clubs administration this season, we should be canvassing interest now with one eye on next season, as the onus is on the clubs to provide an executive committee, not a current or outgoing executive........

Weak as pi$$ comment for you to even suggest it's Tools fault for the current climate - ie: no president. Surely you can mount a argument defending your position ( not that i think you need to defend anything ) without going down that track.

Would have thought he was entilted to call it quits when he liked, after all he was a volunteer:confused:

Why is it as week as pi$$ for him to suggest it but its OK for you to have a go at him for supposing it. Without valid justification as to why certain people stood down so late in proceedings is logically a reason as to why there was not volunteers. To create a successful succession plan on important positions pretty much does not mean when things do not go your way you take your bat and ball and go home (which, on the outside looks to have happened)

Why is it as week as pi$$ for him to suggest it but its OK for you to have a go at him for supposing it. Without valid justification as to why certain people stood down so late in proceedings is logically a reason as to why there was not volunteers. To create a successful succession plan on important positions pretty much does not mean when things do not go your way you take your bat and ball and go home (which, on the outside looks to have happened)

Gauging the mood of the meeting (figuritively speaking) most people didnt want Mark and others to continue, or at least it became apparent that there was a distintc lack of support. And why does a volunteer need to justify stepping down? I would think that the DVCA exec's dont need the DVCA, but the DVCA need (people like) the exec's. I personally dont like people being unfairly treated, and I reckon some people were. This whole episode has sorted out the good from bad.

All that said CC, I like the points you make, just disagree in this instance.

If you are on the 'outside' why would you feel the need to throw blame at people at all. If you do not know what went on at the 'Clubs' meeting, or the Pre AGM, then keep your judgements to yourself.
Certain people need no justification for stepping down, being branded and abused would be enough for anyone in the (volunteer) role to say that they have had enough.

I thought it was cheap shot to accuse mark of "leaving the dvca in the lurch", others can judge if i was out of line, i obviously don't think i was. Both executives are running below strength with the juniors at a minimum operating level. Not having a president is not ideal, but obviously manageable. Not having the required numbers to operate respective executives is the resposibility of the clubs, not any one individual.........

Back