DVCA - PLAYER POINTS SYSTEM
• Adoption of the system will commence in season 2023-24 and it will apply to players in Shield Grades only
• All players registered and playing with their club in season 2022-23, will commence season 2023-24 on 1 point only
• Players moving to new clubs in 2023-24 will attract points in accordance with the Category Type table
• Loyalty reward provisions allows for players on higher points to have their points reduced by 1 point for each season they remain at the club
• In the event of any subsequent movement to another DVCA Shield club beyond 2023/24, players’ loyalty reward time will be reset to zero and these players will then attract a Type 3 Category of 3 points
• Player points will be identified by clubs at the beginning of the season. It is anticipated that PlayHQ (My Cricket) will accommodate this data
• Clubs will have a cap of 20 points each match.
• Clubs breaching the cap will be deemed to have played an ineligible player.
• Note: Players returning to their junior or home club from a higher grade of cricket will only attract 1 point
The most idiotic of all idiotic ideas the comp has come up with in their history.
We are trying to limit the amount of higher quality cricketers into our competition because of what reason exactly?
Can anybody explain to me where there has been such a problem with a club coming into a new season with an International cricketer, a couple of Shield cricketers, throw in a 1st XI Premier Cricketers and finally pinched a couple of rival players from within the competition?
All this has done has made it impossible for struggling clubs to rebuild their lists. If you are a bottom side of Mash Shield you cannot now recruit 5 new players who have played at other clubs last season.
We didn’t have a problem, however we knee jerked to change the rules because a few new clubs have deeper pockets than some of the old establishment. And good on them if they are in a better financial position to play good players. Isn’t that what we want to see, good players coming to the DVCA?
And finally aren’t the clubs supposed to vote on rule changes within the DVCA?