DVCA Off-Season 2023

DVCA - PLAYER POINTS SYSTEM

Supporting Documentation:

• Adoption of the system will commence in season 2023-24 and it will apply to players in Shield Grades only

• All players registered and playing with their club in season 2022-23, will commence season 2023-24 on 1 point only

• Players moving to new clubs in 2023-24 will attract points in accordance with the Category Type table

• Loyalty reward provisions allows for players on higher points to have their points reduced by 1 point for each season they remain at the club

• In the event of any subsequent movement to another DVCA Shield club beyond 2023/24, players’ loyalty reward time will be reset to zero and these players will then attract a Type 3 Category of 3 points

• Player points will be identified by clubs at the beginning of the season. It is anticipated that PlayHQ (My Cricket) will accommodate this data

• Clubs will have a cap of 20 points each match.

• Clubs breaching the cap will be deemed to have played an ineligible player.

• Note: Players returning to their junior or home club from a higher grade of cricket will only attract 1 point

DVCA - PLAYER POINTS SYSTEM

Supporting Documentation:

• Adoption of the system will commence in season 2023-24 and it will apply to players in Shield Grades only

• All players registered and playing with their club in season 2022-23, will commence season 2023-24 on 1 point only

• Players moving to new clubs in 2023-24 will attract points in accordance with the Category Type table

• Loyalty reward provisions allows for players on higher points to have their points reduced by 1 point for each season they remain at the club

• In the event of any subsequent movement to another DVCA Shield club beyond 2023/24, players’ loyalty reward time will be reset to zero and these players will then attract a Type 3 Category of 3 points

• Player points will be identified by clubs at the beginning of the season. It is anticipated that PlayHQ (My Cricket) will accommodate this data

• Clubs will have a cap of 20 points each match.

• Clubs breaching the cap will be deemed to have played an ineligible player.

• Note: Players returning to their junior or home club from a higher grade of cricket will only attract 1 point
The most idiotic of all idiotic ideas the comp has come up with in their history.

We are trying to limit the amount of higher quality cricketers into our competition because of what reason exactly?

Can anybody explain to me where there has been such a problem with a club coming into a new season with an International cricketer, a couple of Shield cricketers, throw in a 1st XI Premier Cricketers and finally pinched a couple of rival players from within the competition?

All this has done has made it impossible for struggling clubs to rebuild their lists. If you are a bottom side of Mash Shield you cannot now recruit 5 new players who have played at other clubs last season.

We didn’t have a problem, however we knee jerked to change the rules because a few new clubs have deeper pockets than some of the old establishment. And good on them if they are in a better financial position to play good players. Isn’t that what we want to see, good players coming to the DVCA?

And finally aren’t the clubs supposed to vote on rule changes within the DVCA?

Reading above obviously Riverside have not got another " Rosbrook/Austin/Salm " in the pipeline for something like this to see the light of day.

As for 2 points for player who has played district 3rds or sub districts 2s, would've been better of served releasing this April 1st.

Local cricket has some enormous challenges ahead, restricting movement of players at any level isn't one of them.

The most idiotic of all idiotic ideas the comp has come up with in their history.

We are trying to limit the amount of higher quality cricketers into our competition because of what reason exactly?

Can anybody explain to me where there has been such a problem with a club coming into a new season with an International cricketer, a couple of Shield cricketers, throw in a 1st XI Premier Cricketers and finally pinched a couple of rival players from within the competition?

All this has done has made it impossible for struggling clubs to rebuild their lists. If you are a bottom side of Mash Shield you cannot now recruit 5 new players who have played at other clubs last season.

We didn’t have a problem, however we knee jerked to change the rules because a few new clubs have deeper pockets than some of the old establishment. And good on them if they are in a better financial position to play good players. Isn’t that what we want to see, good players coming to the DVCA?

How often has this happened lol?

I gotta agree with you here PA, this is a cure to a problem that does not exist. Clubs that don't have a huge juniors base are now and into the future put at a huge disadvantage in recruitment.
Maybe clubs should invest in their junior program then big fella. Fancy being more concerned about youth coming through than the 4th XI. Anyone that gets their nose out of joint over this is looking at it all wrong.

What an exaggeration. Jump on BigFooty for conversations about list rebuilds. All this does is reward clubs for having a good junior program. Banyule the big winners obviously.

Maybe ask BigMarn as he asked the question originally.

Who is it going to impact with 20 points the cap this upcoming season anywhoo.
only asked it because I've heard it around other clubs an leagues were weighing up the idea of bringing it in to force clubs to develop players so was curious if there'd been this talk in DVCA

Maybe clubs should invest in their junior program then big fella. Fancy being more concerned about youth coming through than the 4th XI. Anyone that gets their nose out of joint over this is looking at it all wrong.

Spoken like a typical know nothing cricketer. For various reasons, there will always be clubs with big junior programs and clubs with small junior programs. Honestly if you don't get why this will disadvantage clubs, then I can't be stuffed wasting bits explaining it to you cos you'll never understand it and I don't have any crayons left to draw you a picture.

I agree with Artie some of the comments here are pretty laughable. I much prefer to have some sort of regulated system in place so that clubs can filter out the bul*** mercenary culture that happens in local sport.

I would hate to be trying to get up from Mash Shield with my mates/club and have a club spend bulk cash on a bunch of cash on a bunch of cowboys and win.

I agree with Artie some of the comments here are pretty laughable. I much prefer to have some sort of regulated system in place so that clubs can filter out the bul*** mercenary culture that happens in local sport.

I would hate to be trying to get up from Mash Shield with my mates/club and have a club spend bulk cash on a bunch of cash on a bunch of cowboys and win.
That has evidentially not worked.. just ask Lower Plenty.

What an exaggeration. Jump on BigFooty for conversations about list rebuilds. All this does is reward clubs for having a good junior program. Banyule the big winners obviously.
There is absolutely nothing surer that developing your juniors is the best way to rebuild a club. However this method takes a minimum of 8 years

Introducing a points cap is just an unnecessary rule change that is going to limit movement of good cricketers to our comp.

There is absolutely nothing surer that developing your juniors is the best way to rebuild a club. However this method takes a minimum of 8 years

Introducing a points cap is just an unnecessary rule change that is going to limit movement of good cricketers to our comp.
Is it though? How many clubs recruit more than 3-4 blokes from higher cricket/other clubs in one off season?

Spoken like a typical know nothing cricketer. For various reasons, there will always be clubs with big junior programs and clubs with small junior programs. Honestly if you don't get why this will disadvantage clubs, then I can't be stuffed wasting bits explaining it to you cos you'll never understand it and I don't have any crayons left to draw you a picture.
Yeah because people are too lazy to invest time and effort into building a good program. If player retention and juniors are prioritised then why would a 20 point cap be a problem for a team. If your club is disadvantaged by this then maybe the highlights the shortcomings of the club. And park the attempt at humour, your opinion of yourself is as inflated as your waistline.

Yeah because people are too lazy to invest time and effort into building a good program. If player retention and juniors are prioritised then why would a 20 point cap be a problem for a team. If your club is disadvantaged by this then maybe the highlights the shortcomings of the club. And park the attempt at humour, your opinion of yourself is as inflated as your waistline.

I don't think anyone is being lazy with regards to juniors, clubs are for the most part doing all they really can and I never said my club is disadvantaged and I actually don't think that is the case here. I also wasn't being funny, I was stating facts, but at least in the end I could lose weight, I don't place much hope in you getting smarter.

Back